PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Terrell Owens is a jerk.

Rain Man
10-20-2004, 05:14 PM
Well, okay. Maybe it's not exactly breaking news. I liked the headline, though.

Garcia wishes Owens would just shut up
Story Tools: Print Email
Tom Withers / Associated Press
Posted: 33 minutes ago

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3096208

BEREA, Ohio (AP) - Someday, Jeff Garcia and Terrell Owens may connect again.

Someday, the former teammates may be able to talk, shake hands and repair their ruptured relationship. And maybe, just maybe, they can become friends again.
Someday. Not this week.

On Sunday, when the Cleveland Browns host the unbeaten Philadelphia Eagles, Garcia and Owens will be as close in proximity as they've been since playing together for five stormy seasons in San Francisco

There were happy times in San Francisco between Jeff Garcia and Terrell Owens. (Jed Jacobsohn / GettyImages)

Both players spent part of Wednesday addressing their ongoing, mostly one-sided feud, a clash of personalities fueled by Owens' repeated bashing of the Browns' new quarterback.

Garcia doesn't understand Owens' anger or the relentless criticism from one of the NFL's most opinionated players.

In his autobiography and during interviews, the brash, Sharpie-wielding wideout has ripped Garcia's playing ability and leadership skills. Owens has even questioned Garcia's sexuality.

"I don't know why he can't let it go," Garcia said. "I mean, it's unfortunate because I've never looked at T.O. as being an enemy of mine. I don't know where the anger or the negativity or the criticism comes from, and why certain comments have been made, because he's known my situation in the past.

"He's always known my girlfriends, things like that, and to have the things said that have been said, I just don't know where it comes from."

Garcia insists he has moved on, and he just wishes Owens would do the same.

Never one to dodge a question, Owens has dished out some damaging verbal shots at Garcia since the two parted following last season. Owens, though, maintains his comments directed at Garcia have been blown out of proportion.

"I haven't criticized him as of lately," Owens said. "I think everybody is just getting reports from the book. You're the ones that won't let it go. I've let it go since training camp."

Not quite.

In an interview last week, Owens went on the attack against Garcia again. He said the three-time Pro Bowler doesn't have a strong arm, is an inaccurate passer and if Owens had played with a better QB in San Francisco he would have better stats.

Owens defended his renewed assault on Garcia.

"I was answering a question," he said. "What do you want me to do, stare at the camera? This shouldn't be about me and Jeff. I'm not going to be on the field at the same time he's going to be on the field, so it shouldn't be about us."

Oh, but it is.

The Garcia vs. Owens matchup is the featured subplot as the Browns (3-3) try to legitimize another turnaround season against one of the NFC's powerhouses.

The history between the two stretches to 1999, when after starring in the Canadian Football League, Garcia replaced Steve Young as the 49ers' starter.

In his first season with Garcia as his quarterback, Owens caught 60 passes. He went on have 97, 93, 100 and 80 receptions the next four seasons, twice leading the league in TD catches.

Someone had to pass him the ball, yet Owens seems unwilling to admit Garcia was the one who threw it to him.

The pair went to three Pro Bowls and made two playoff appearances as one of the league's most lethal pass-and-catch combinations. But there were problems, too.

Garcia was constantly trying to keep Owens happy. If the talented wideout wasn't complaining about getting the ball, he was at odds with the coaches.

Garcia got pulled in both directions, which is why he took exception to Owens' assertion that all the 49ers' struggles could be traced to the quarterback.

"Have somebody step into my shoes and feel what I had to deal with throughout that whole time in San Francisco," Garcia said.

Garcia insists he went out of his way to fix things. At one point, he sought advice from the team chaplain. But when Garcia found peace, Owens would inflame things.

"The dust would start to settle, and all of a sudden, more fuel was thrown into the fire," Garcia said. "It was such a negative situation."

Garcia hasn't given up on a positive ending, and said he's willing to take another stab at patching up things with Owens.

"I want to go to bed at night knowing that things are all fine," he said.

The way Owens sees it, things already are.

Asked if he would talk to Garcia this weekend, Owens didn't sound as if he would be doing much socializing.

"No," he said. "For what?"

Brock
10-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Yes. I wish he was our jerk.

mikey23545
10-20-2004, 07:35 PM
I wish Owens would step in front of a fuggin' bus...

What a waste of a human being...

Sure-Oz
10-20-2004, 08:01 PM
garthia just needs to ignore terrell, he has a fuggin playboy model gf he should pay attention to or atleast go purse shopping with.

morphius
10-20-2004, 08:17 PM
garthia just needs to ignore terrell, he has a fuggin playboy model gf he should pay attention to or atleast go purse shopping with.
Yup, maybe he should just come out and say, "The only thing that makes sense to me is that TO is upset because I always seemed to get the hotter women, its all jealousy."

Red Dawg
10-20-2004, 08:41 PM
He's a complete azzhole. I hope one day he gets what he deserves. A trip to hell.

oldandslow
10-20-2004, 09:50 PM
But Brock....

Terrell just doesn't fit the profile.

He does not handle 1-4 well.

The Bad Guy
10-20-2004, 11:05 PM
I don't care what he says or who he pisses off, he's a supreme talent who I would give anything to have on the Chiefs.

But he doesn't fit the profile. We don't like freaks of nature at receiver who has deep speed, sure hands, and can be a gamebreaker.

I don't know how Philadelphia can handle being 6-0 with him.

Ultra Peanut
10-20-2004, 11:08 PM
"Why should I care about the fans? They're a bunch of assholes and faggots here.'' - Julian Tavarez

The Bad Guy
10-20-2004, 11:10 PM
"Why should I care about the fans? They're a bunch of assholes and pillowbiters here.'' - Julian Tavarez

No friggen way. Did he really say that?

Ultra Peanut
10-20-2004, 11:19 PM
No friggen way. Did he really say that?He actually called them fags, but the filter changed it to pillowbiters. :D

This (http://www.outsports.com/antigay/tavarez.htm) was the first link that popped up on google for a search I did to recall the specific details of why I started mockingly calling him Kung Fu, and I thought it was a particularly choice quote. I've been waiting to use it all night.

jspchief
10-21-2004, 08:08 AM
The article brings up a good point. WTF is TO's obsession with Garcia. All he did was throw him a ton of TD passes. Garcia's handled this like a gentleman from the start."What do you want me to do, stare at the camera?" No dipshit. How about you just say that he's not your QB any longer so you have noreason to talk about him. I know it's unlikely, but I'd like to see the Browns kick Philly's ass this weekend.

TO is a world class dick and I'd laugh if someone broke his spine on the field.

penguinz
10-21-2004, 08:14 AM
Who cares what any athlete says about any other athlete.

KCTitus
10-21-2004, 08:45 AM
...But he doesn't fit the profile. We don't like freaks of nature at receiver who has deep speed, sure hands, and can be a gamebreaker.

I don't know how Philadelphia can handle being 6-0 with him.

I remember the years when KC went with this philosophy...it was 1998. One of the lowest points this club has seen in a long time. Yeah, let's do that again.

Molitoth
10-21-2004, 08:51 AM
TO is a world class dick and I'd laugh if someone broke his spine on the field.

TO is the only player I have ever wished major injury upon. I would seriously laugh my ass off if he was paralyzed for the rest of his life.

Saulbadguy
10-21-2004, 09:08 AM
I remember the years when KC went with this philosophy...it was 1998. One of the lowest points this club has seen in a long time. Yeah, let's do that again.
Big difference between criminals and pompous,cocky players.

But, the fact is TO wouldn't come here. He wouldn't go to Baltimore, why would he go to KC? Philly was his choice from the get go...

Saulbadguy
10-21-2004, 09:08 AM
TO is the only player I have ever wished major injury upon. I would seriously laugh my ass off if he was paralyzed for the rest of his life.
:shake:

vckcchiefs04
10-21-2004, 09:10 AM
Guess what.......... neither one plays for or plays against the Chiefs this year..... SO WHO CARES!!!!! :rolleyes:

KCTitus
10-21-2004, 09:31 AM
Big difference between criminals and pompous,cocky players.

Not much, IMO...

But, the fact is TO wouldn't come here. He wouldn't go to Baltimore, why would he go to KC? Philly was his choice from the get go...

So, what you're saying is the fact that TO isnt in KC isnt the result of a nefarious plot of CP, DV or the villian in the latest Scooby Doo movie?

jspchief
10-21-2004, 09:34 AM
Guess what.......... neither one plays for or plays against the Chiefs this year..... SO WHO CARES!!!!! :rolleyes:

Yea, since there are never topics that don't relate to the Chiefs on this BB...:)

The Bad Guy
10-21-2004, 11:18 AM

Wrong. The Chiefs went out and signed two players in 1998 who were known for taking practice and plays off.

TO's practice and workout habits are probably second to none in the NFL. They did a feature on him on ESPN last year about how he prepares and the guy is a workout freak.

Just because the guy is cocky doesn't mean he's not a hard worker.

The Bad Guy
10-21-2004, 11:18 AM

You need professional help.

Saulbadguy
10-21-2004, 11:22 AM
Just because the guy is cocky doesn't mean he's not a hard worker.
Agreed.

Bearcat
10-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Even bigger news that it's the media's fault for not letting something go....

Ultra Peanut
10-21-2004, 11:28 AM
If that comment was made while he was in St. Louis, it'd be pretty accurate.ROFL

KCTitus
10-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Wrong. The Chiefs went out and signed two players in 1998 who were known for taking practice and plays off.

The chiefs were loaded with talented but questionable character people and they underperformed after the high expectations of the 1997 season there was talk of KC going undefeated in the 1998 season. Things went from bad to worse to pathetic as the season didnt turn out as expected.

It's not that long ago that I dont remember the hype of that team going into that season. And while it may have only been 2 guys, they were two guys that were supposed to solidfy an already dominant defense, which basically turned to sh!t when the losses piled up.

This much I know...even if KC had TO, at this point he'd be a distraction.

jspchief
10-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Good Lord... a guy should be paralyzed because he's a loudmouth? You gotta be kidding me.

Works for me...but I wish paralyzation on pretty much anyone that I don't like.

I'm a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around" and TO is one of those guys that it never seems to "come around" on. I'm hoping when it finally does come it's comes like a runaway freight train.

R&GHomer
10-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Owens is a fuggin prick all the way around. Wasn’t it Owens that scored a touchdown and ran all the way back to the Cowboys 50 and spike the ball on the star? Thing is; I hate the Cowboys and all that America's team bull shit, but that really pissed me off.

Saulbadguy
10-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Owens is a fuggin prick all the way around. Wasn’t it Owens that scored a touchdown and ran all the way back to the Cowboys 50 and spike the ball on the star? Thing is; I hate the Cowboys and all that America's team bull shit, but that really pissed me off.
I thought it was pretty funny. Only cause its the Cowboys, though.

KCTitus
10-21-2004, 11:41 AM
If KC had TO, would we be "at this point"?

When DV made the comment the other day about a player "having the character to handle being 1-4" all I could think about was I prefer having the talent to NOT be 1-4.

Certainly up for speculation...those who think TO would help, obviously, would want to argue, KC would be better, those who think different wouldnt.

I would say that things this year have not bounced KC's way in many aspects of these games. Holmes has had a unusually high number of long runs called back. Gonzo has been called more times for PI, than the people defending him. Tynes inexplicably misses FG's, the defense couldnt stop, yet again, the bronco roll outs, or Jax final drive.

Looking at the totality of the games, Im struggling to find a missed big play by KC's WR's that would have made a difference in one or more of the games.

Im sure, that someone will be able to point one out.

As for DV's comments...it's a strange thing to say, but I do believe KC has more talent than their record indicates. That's why they play the game.

jspchief
10-21-2004, 12:09 PM
I must've missed him making a habit of dealing out career ending injuries.

I'm not talking about specifics. I'm talking about if you go through your life being an asshole and treating people like shit, I hope you get the same in return. Whether it be in small increments like you deal it out, or in one big "f*ck you too" from the gods of justice. TO doesn't seem to have gotten "the bad" in proportion to the way he's dealt it out.

Nevermind the fact that I was exaggerating. I don't really wish paralyzation on him or anyone else that I don't like. Maybe a raging case of butterfingers.....and herpes.

Kylo Ren
10-21-2004, 12:50 PM
T.O. is a jerk? Who knew?

morphius
10-21-2004, 12:58 PM
I thought it was pretty funny. Only cause its the Cowboys, though.
I got a kick out of that as well. I love a good heated rivalry that actually has some balls to it.