PDA

View Full Version : AP Article: Anger growing among disappointed KC fans

BigRedChief
10-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Anger growing among disappointed KC fans

By DOUG TUCKER-AP Sports Writer
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- When Kansas City Chiefs executive Lynn Stiles welcomed a group of about 50 fantasy league players to Arrowhead Stadium this week, he assumed they were loyal fans.
They may have been loyal, but this bunch was far from happy.
No sooner had a smiling Stiles concluded his remarks than a stout man in a blue shirt spoke up.

''You guys knew you had personnel problems in some areas and you still didn't sign any free agents,'' he said. ''Why didn't you go out and try to sign somebody?''

Later that evening on Dick Vermeil's weekly radio show, it got even worse for the head coach of the 1-4 Chiefs.

''It costs me a ton of money to buy season tickets and drive to the games,'' a caller from South Dakota said in an angry tone of voice.
To most callers' questions, there seemed to be a general tone. Why did you make so many coaching mistakes? Why is the offense not getting the job done? Why didn't you blitz more during Sunday's loss to Jacksonville?

And, something fans have been carping about since training camp, ''Why didn't you sign any free agents?''

It's a question that is growing tiring to people who coach, play and work for a team whose season could be on the brink of oblivion.
''I don't answer it any more,'' Vermeil said Tuesday. ''The people I communicate with on a daily basis have heard me respond to that.''
With a wide receiver corps that is aging and average and a defense that ranked 29th overall, the Chiefs did have needs during the free agency period.

Moreover, a number of players who changed teams were certain to draw approving glances from fans, including wide receiver Terrell Owens, defensive ends Grant Wistrom and Jevon Kearse, cornerbacks like Champ Bailey and defensive tackles like Warren Sapp.

But instead of opening Lamar Hunt's wallet and showering free agents with cash, the Chiefs opted to hold on to their own. They re-signed defensive end Eric Hicks, safeties Jerome Woods and Greg Wesley, defensive tackle John Browning, and restricted free agent cornerback William Bartee.

''Why not sign Eric Hicks?'' Vermeil said Tuesday. ''He leads us in quarterback hits and pressures and has two sacks. Why not sign Eric Hicks over somebody else who might be as good as Eric Hicks or might be better, who may not fit in, who might not have the character level, may not fit the profile of the kind of person we want in this room? May not be able to handle a 1-4 record?''

In keeping their own players, Vermeil said, the Chiefs knew what they were getting.

''Why not sign Greg Wesley? Why not Jerome Woods? Don't we know they can play good football? That was our approach. And you only have so many dollars when you get that done. Sure, I'd like to go sign this guy, sign this guy. But you only have so many dollars just like everybody else.''

Vermeil noted that many Pro Bowl performers have signed free agent contracts around the league and immediately gone on the decline.
''The most important thing to do is invest in a quality product that gives you what you think is the best opportunity to win,'' he said.
''If you really study free agent signings and production and rate of return and a Pro Bowler going back to the Pro Bowl on a new contract with a new team and how many times they do it, it ain't a very good return.''

Stiles told his fantasy players much the same thing.
''Our fans are pretty observant,'' he said. ''If I was sitting there I might want to ask the same questions. If you're a concerned fan here in Kansas City, they were some questions you would ask.''
He was not offended in any way by the ardor of the questioners, Stiles said.

Nevertheless, it's a different tone from the one fans were taking this time last year when the Chiefs started 9-0 en route to a 13-3 season.
''When you win, there are fewer of those questions. I found that out,'' Stiles said. ''And the guys we were 9-0 with, the majority are still here.''

Ultra Peanut
10-20-2004, 09:29 PM
DAMN STRAIGHT I'M ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooh, a birdie.

Rausch
10-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Sure, I'd like to go sign this guy, sign this guy. But you only have so many dollars just like everybody else.

Ok, this one ticks me off. The question was "any" free agents. ANY. Not EVERY, but any.

We didn't sign ANY high priced free agents. We didn't try and sign this guy AND that guy. From what I saw we tried to sign one guy. It didn't work out.

Don't use the "we didn't have enough money" excuse. I can understand not wanting to waste money, but to not target anyone else is...moronic.

Iowanian
10-20-2004, 09:38 PM
''Why not sign Eric Hicks?'' Vermeil said Tuesday. ''He leads us in quarterback hits and pressures and has two sacks. Why not sign Eric Hicks over somebody else who might be as good as Eric Hicks or might be better, who may not fit in, who might not have the character level, may not fit the profile of the kind of person we want in this room? May not be able to handle a 1-4 record?''

I'd like to remind Dick Vermeil that an UFA from Northern Iowa, who plays 5 plays a game, has as many sacks as his allstar, Hicks.

This fan is as upset about decisions being made EVERY WEEK as he is by the lack of FA activity in KC. Forget Sapp and Bailey.....................give me Winfield, Taylor, Vincent............

cdcox
10-20-2004, 09:39 PM

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) --

I wish we had a few players that didn't handle a 1-4 record so well.

Rausch
10-20-2004, 09:40 PM

I'd like to remind Dick Vermeil that an UFA from Northern Iowa, who plays 5 plays a game, has as many sacks as his allstar, Hicks.

That might be because Hicks is an UFA as well.

Deberg_1990
10-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Damn Skippy!! Keep the heat on these guys!!!

Hammock Parties
10-20-2004, 09:41 PM

JESUS H. CHRIST, DICK!!!!!!

SOMEONE has to lead the team in those stats. Doesn't make them a good player.

Does Dick actually think Hicks is as good as Kearse or Wistrom?

DID YOU EVER THINK THAT IF YOU BROUGHT ONE OF THEM IN YOU MIGHT NOT BE 1-4????

Ultra Peanut
10-20-2004, 09:43 PM

This fan is as upset about decisions being made EVERY WEEK as he is by the lack of FA activity in KC. Forget Sapp and Bailey.....................give me Winfield, Taylor, Vincent............Damn, and I just gave you rep.

PastorMikH
10-20-2004, 09:48 PM

That phrase really bothers me too. Perhaps if we had picked up a few of those players we wouldn't be 1-4.

As for the $, DV, you really can't say you couldn't afford any more players if you still have 8 mil in cap room available.

And who was that MLB we could have had for league minimum? I'm thinking it was Trotter but I'm not sure.

siberian khatru
10-20-2004, 09:50 PM
Blah, blah, blah, SOS from the brain trust. Disappointed and hurt that we're not praising them for bringing back the same shitbags from last year.

tk13
10-20-2004, 09:51 PM
JESUS H. CHRIST, DICK!!!!!!

SOMEONE has to lead the team in those stats. Doesn't make them a good player.

Does Dick actually think Hicks is as good as Kearse or Wistrom?

DID YOU EVER THINK THAT IF YOU BROUGHT ONE OF THEM IN YOU MIGHT NOT BE 1-4????
We wanted Wistrom... the Seahawks knew this and gave him 8 bazillion dollars so he'd never even visit KC... I don't think for a second he wanted to keep Hicks over Wistrom, we couldn't afford him, especially at the time because all the cap room was tied up on John Tait.

Iowanian
10-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Thats right CD.........

Wouldn't you just once, like to see a Chiefs player stand up, and jump down the team's throat and Challenge them instead of the standard "we know 1-4 is disappointing, but the guy that dropped 13 passes last week has the most lovely eyelashes, and the CB that was taken to the burn unit after the game makes the Best Breakfast Danish"

I'd like to see one of the character guys stand up, throw down the gauntlet and CHALLENGE people to bust heads this coming sunday.(sounds like I'm a closet Eddie Freeman fan, huh)

I don't want every high dollar FA that comes across the waiver wire each spring.............but I'd like to see an effort to improve areas that TommyKat can identify as glaring weaknesses...........

Vermiel should watch the Waterboy.................and tell Hicks to picture Rhonda Moss' face inside the helmet of every QB he faces.

"no, yo wrong col sanders........water is better....HRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

...and the crowd goes wild.

Rausch
10-20-2004, 09:55 PM
I'd like to see one of the character guys stand up, throw down the gauntlet and CHALLENGE people to bust heads this coming sunday.(sounds like I'm a closet Eddie Freeman fan, huh)

Me too. We should have seen a lot more of these in TC this year (sorry, but this is probably the last time to use this pic, so I will):

The Bad Guy
10-20-2004, 10:59 PM

Vermeil has finally lost it.

May not be able to handle a 1-4 record? What kind of friggen excuse is that for not signing free agents back in March? Umm, how bout you sign someone who could of made the difference in being 2-3 or 3-2?

I've said it once, I'll say it again, I'm sick of this character BS. Yeah, you don't sign felons, but just because a guy has an attitude doesn't mean you should exclude him from your free agent thoughts.

This team needs an enema real bad. I think Vermeil is a fine coach, but he's overrated His career record is barely .500, and he's had more losing seasons than winning ones.

Yeah, he guts team when he takes over and has to start over, but that's HIS CHOICE. Teams can rebound and win in the NFL in very little time. Don't believe me, just look at Jim Mora or Tom Coughlin this year.

I just hate the mindset that this current regime has. We've had the same problems since Vermeil started in 2001. We are soft at corner, have no receivers to scare anyone and suck at linebacker. They never learn from their mistakes. They never make adjustments in the off-season. They draft like they are set at every position, and the players they do draft always has the tweener or raw label.

They just feed the excuse.."this guy didn't fit the profile", or we are "cashed out". I was at training camp for 5 days in July-August and I never once saw a tackling drill. I asked Ivan Carter about it and he said that the only year they did tackling drills was last year under Vermeil. How can you NOT do tackling drills with this defense? I understand why the team misses as many tackles as they do.

Honestly, I'm willing to go through another transition period with a new coach as long as they will learn from the mistakes of this regime. I can't handle another off-season where we are fed a line of company BS about how they hate to lose the players they have and how they don't have enough money to make upgrades.

Sorry for the vent, but for as nice of a guy as Vermeil is he really pisses me off sometimes.

Ultra Peanut
10-20-2004, 11:05 PM
I was at training camp for 5 days in July-August and I never once saw a tackling drill. I asked Ivan Carter about it and he said that the only year they did tackling drills was last year under Vermeil. How can you NOT do tackling drills with this defense? I understand why the team misses as many tackles as they do.That's just (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )ing insane.

The Bad Guy
10-20-2004, 11:07 PM
That's just (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )ing insane.

No kidding.

It was mind boggling. I went to a high school double session practice and they worked on tackling drills for 45 minutes in every practice.

Deberg_1990
10-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Vermeil has finally lost it.

May not be able to handle a 1-4 record? What kind of friggen excuse is that for not signing free agents back in March? Umm, how bout you sign someone who could of made the difference in being 2-3 or 3-2?

I've said it once, I'll say it again, I'm sick of this character BS. Yeah, you don't sign felons, but just because a guy has an attitude doesn't mean you should exclude him from your free agent thoughts.

This team needs an enema real bad. I think Vermeil is a fine coach, but he's overrated His career record is barely .500, and he's had more losing seasons than winning ones.

Yeah, he guts team when he takes over and has to start over, but that's HIS CHOICE. Teams can rebound and win in the NFL in very little time. Don't believe me, just look at Jim Mora or Tom Coughlin this year.

I just hate the mindset that this current regime has. We've had the same problems since Vermeil started in 2001. We are soft at corner, have no receivers to scare anyone and suck at linebacker. They never learn from their mistakes. They never make adjustments in the off-season. They draft like they are set at every position, and the players they do draft always has the tweener or raw label.

They just feed the excuse.."this guy didn't fit the profile", or we are "cashed out". I was at training camp for 5 days in July-August and I never once saw a tackling drill. I asked Ivan Carter about it and he said that the only year they did tackling drills was last year under Vermeil. How can you NOT do tackling drills with this defense? I understand why the team misses as many tackles as they do.

Honestly, I'm willing to go through another transition period with a new coach as long as they will learn from the mistakes of this regime. I can't handle another off-season where we are fed a line of company BS about how they hate to lose the players they have and how they don't have enough money to make upgrades.

Sorry for the vent, but for as nice of a guy as Vermeil is he really pisses me off sometimes.

Well said Brotha.....I think we all feel pretty much the same way and have grown tired of the Carl/Dick regime...its time for a fresh start....You hear me Lamar????

This statment couldnt be more right:
"I just hate the mindset that this current regime has. We've had the same problems since Vermeil started in 2001. We are soft at corner, have no receivers to scare anyone and suck at linebacker. They never learn from their mistakes. They never make adjustments in the off-season. They draft like they are set at every position, and the players they do draft always has the tweener or raw label"

The only things we are better at since Dick arrived four years ago are QB/RB and O-Line. and Carl/Dick got lucky on Priest and didnt know what they had. Remember back in 2001 when Dick and Saunders kept denying that Priest was an everydown back and Priest kept proving them wrong in spite of them gameplanning against using him. Whats amazing is, they still think this from time to time and its cost us several games over the past few years!! Saunders is on a mission to recreat Air-Coryell when he has one of the best RB's in the game.........sigh...

ChiefFripp
10-20-2004, 11:14 PM
People should realise buying season tickets doesn't guarantee their team a winning season. I understand the dissapointment but The Chiefs really don't owe you anything.The two way street works this way; You pay to be entertained and they provide it the best they can.

The Bad Guy
10-20-2004, 11:17 PM
People should realise buying season tickets doesn't guarantee their team a winning season. I understand the dissapointment but The Chiefs really don't owe you anything.The two way street works this way; You pay to be entertained and they provide it the best they can.

But are they really providing it the best they can?

Straight, No Chaser
10-20-2004, 11:22 PM
Well said Brotha.....I think we all feel pretty much the same way and have grown tired of the Car/Dick regime...its time for a fresh start....You hear me Lamar????

This statment couldnt be more right:
"I just hate the mindset that this current regime has. We've had the same problems since Vermeil started in 2001. We are soft at corner, have no receivers to scare anyone and suck at linebacker. They never learn from their mistakes. They never make adjustments in the off-season. They draft like they are set at every position, and the players they do draft always has the tweener or raw label"

The only things we are better at since Dick arrived four years ago are QB/RB and O-Line. and Carl/Dick got lucky on Priest and didnt know what they had. Remember back in 2001 when DIck and Saunders kept denying that Priest wasnt an everydown back and Priest kept proving them wrong in spite of them gameplanning against using him. Whats amazing is, they still think this!! Saunders is on a mission to recreat Air-Coryell when he has one of the best RB's in the game.........sigh...

Blah, Blah, Blah... last year was pretty good in my book. Lots of reasons, some of which you mention. A weak start and you want to change your panties. Hang on this team is better than their record indicates. BTW, I'm sure Lamar is listening too ;)

--->

tk13
10-20-2004, 11:24 PM
Mike Golic is always complaining about tackling in the NFL. At least when I always seem to catch him... just a couple nights ago on NFL Live he was doing it. He said that nobody in the league practices tackling anymore, and that leaguewide tackling basically sucks because of it.... he's probably right.

listopencil
10-20-2004, 11:26 PM

If I buy tickets to a show, and the show really sucks, and it is clear that other bands blow that band away, I get pissed and bitch about it. Same thing. I might even pound back too many beers and yell,"Jesus, you suck! Buy a nice freaking amp before you come out on stage again!" or some such drunken rant.

Straight, No Chaser
10-20-2004, 11:28 PM
Mike Golic is always complaining about tackling in the NFL. At least when I always seem to catch him... just a couple nights ago on NFL Live he was doing it. He said that nobody in the league practices tackling anymore, and that leaguewide tackling basically sucks because of it.... he's probably right.

Not sure if he borrowed that very astute observation from Madden or vice versa...

---->

CASHMAN
10-20-2004, 11:28 PM
No kidding.

It was mind boggling. I went to a high school double session practice and they worked on tackling drills for 45 minutes in every practice.
http://groups.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetPubPhoto&PhotoID=nIAAIMPUIEG6yQDu50GIDWLAJkGVyXyXlCq6DMHGRsg9dXn9TRyMpm7dyh1mJ!cxSIpA6ddMWN3U

tk13
10-20-2004, 11:33 PM
If I buy tickets to a show, and the show really sucks, and it is clear that other bands blow that band away, I get pissed and bitch about it. Same thing. I might even pound back too many beers and yell,"Jesus, you suck! Buy a nice freaking amp before you come out on stage again!" or some such drunken rant.
Well that is a bit different...you go watch a band and you expect a good show 100% of the time. In the NFL there are 20 teams out of 32 who are going to sell tens of thousands of season tickets for a team who is not going to be successful and make the playoffs. By your analogy you've only really got a 40% shot of seeing a good "show" in the NFL... that is if you consider making the playoffs as having some success.

Pants
10-20-2004, 11:38 PM
As always, a very good point tk. Nice.

David.
10-20-2004, 11:39 PM
I'd be so pumped if one of our players like, shields or Fujita called out the rest of the team to step up. Not sure it would work, but it'd still be sweet.

BigRedChief
10-20-2004, 11:40 PM
WTF, no tackling drills in training camp? :lame::lame::lame:

Would someone explain that theory to me?

cdcox
10-20-2004, 11:43 PM
WTF, no tackling drills in training camp? :lame::lame::lame:

Would someone explain that theory to me?

300-pound fast guys colliding causes injuries? :shrug:

David.
10-20-2004, 11:44 PM
yah, that's about it....

BigRedChief
10-20-2004, 11:49 PM
300-pound fast guys colliding causes injuries? :shrug:

Come on injuries. :hmmm: I wonder how many teams have a no tackling drills during training camp?

listopencil
Well that is a bit different...you go watch a band and you expect a good show 100% of the time. In the NFL there are 20 teams out of 32 who are going to sell tens of thousands of season tickets for a team who is not going to be successful and make the playoffs. By your analogy you've only really got a 40% shot of seeing a good "show" in the NFL... that is if you consider making the playoffs as having some success.

I think every team's fans have a different view on what a "good show" is. If your team went 4-12 last year you want to see positive change in personnel/coaching, you want to see the players out there on the field trying as hard as they can, and you hope to break .500 for the season. If your team had success, you want to see them tweak it a little. You want to see some slight changes made and you sure as hell don't want to see them backslide into oblivion. The emotional investment that a true fan puts into the loyalty he has for his team entitles him to bitch when things go terribly wrong.

David.
Come on injuries. :hmmm: I wonder how many teams have a no tackling drills during training camp?

all of them

BigRedChief
10-20-2004, 11:52 PM
Learn something new every day.

Pants
10-20-2004, 11:53 PM
David what would it take for you to take that sig pic off? That shit sends the fvcking shivers down my back.

David.
10-20-2004, 11:55 PM
I'll change it :shrug:

tk13
10-21-2004, 12:05 AM
I think every team's fans have a different view on what a "good show" is. If your team went 4-12 last year you want to see positive change in personnel/coaching, you want to see the players out there on the field trying as hard as they can, and you hope to break .500 for the season. If your team had success, you want to see them tweak it a little. You want to see some slight changes made and you sure as hell don't want to see them backslide into oblivion. The emotional investment that a true fan puts into the loyalty he has for his team entitles him to bitch when things go terribly wrong.
Well I never said anyone here should be happy per se... there's nothing to be happy about for a Chiefs fan... it's just one of those seasons where so many different things go wrong it's laughable. Having lived through the Royals season I guess I was better conditioned for it. It's not that the talent isn't there, just like in the Royals season, all three phases of the game for the Chiefs have shown the ability to play at a high level, but all three can't ever do it at the same time. I was just saying I think sporting events are a little bit different than a concert because you aren't going to investing in something that is successful most of the time, unless you're the Patriots. Only a handful of teams have won most of the Super Bowls...

Pants
10-21-2004, 12:07 AM
I'll change it :shrug:

Thx, rep.

teedubya
10-21-2004, 12:32 AM
Personally I kind of think that Vermeil was banking on being able to get Grant Wistrom... and when he immediately went to the Seahags [which is making him look brilliant] they sort of just decided to stand pat.

Exchanging quality for McCleon would have made a huge difference... Bobby Taylor would have been fine with DUI Warfield on the other side...

Man, Coulda Woulda SHoulda... shit sucks.

tk13
10-21-2004, 12:44 AM
Well I knew that Joe Seahawk had posted an article after Wistrom signed saying that he had talked to Vermeil and promised him he wouldn't do anything until coming to KC to visit him, which he went back on obviously. I hadn't heard anything else of it though until I watched the Rams/Seahawks game a couple weeks ago. Those Fox announcers talked about it openly as fact, said Wistrom was going to KC and the Seahawks knew it and kept pushing up the signing bonus until he had no other choice but to take it. Problem is DV and Carl can't come out and say that, and they also can't say "Well we really didn't like our DE's, we wanted Grant Wistrom, but he decided to have sex with Mike Holmgren, so we were left empty handed."

Do notice that we didn't seem to be interested in re-signing Hicks and let him visit other teams, while Carl was all over the John Browning and Greg Wesley re-signings right after the season ended.

Personally I wanted a corner over a D-lineman.... I guess I still would. I have more faith in Gunther being able to put together something that works in the front seven than I do him giving McCleon the magical power to cover somebody over 6 foot tall.

grandllama
10-21-2004, 01:14 AM

Who the F*ck let Rufus Dawes onto our BBS? :shake:

KCTitus
10-21-2004, 06:12 AM
...Carl/Dick got lucky on Priest and didnt know what they had.

Nice usage of The Lexicon.

the Talking Can
10-21-2004, 06:28 AM
I think the Chiefsplanet is beyond anger and well into "don't much care"....only 11 games left!

Rausch
10-21-2004, 06:29 AM
Personally I kind of think that Vermeil was banking on being able to get Grant Wistrom... and when he immediately went to the Seahags [which is making him look brilliant] they sort of just decided to stand pat.

Exchanging quality for McCleon would have made a huge difference... Bobby Taylor would have been fine with DUI Warfield on the other side...

Man, Coulda Woulda SHoulda... shit sucks.

Taylor would have been Hasty II...

Bob Dole
10-21-2004, 06:34 AM
I think the Chiefsplanet is beyond anger and well into "don't much care"....only 11 games left!

That's pretty close to what Bob Dole was going to write.

Yesterday morning, someone at work asked Bob Dole who KC played this weekend. It took Bob Dole about 20 seconds to remember.

Apathy is setting in. Apathy sucks.

Redcoats58
10-21-2004, 06:39 AM
Yeah I would say I'm damn close to not caring right now. I shouldn't have set my expectations so high this year. I guess I just hopped on the hype train like the majority of Chiefs fans.

King_Chief_Fan
10-21-2004, 07:01 AM
what is this poop Vermeil speaks...........Hicks has the character to handle a 1-4 record? I want someone who is pizzed at this record who will get out on the field and do something about it. Our team has turned into a love fest with a lot feel good touch feely crap. Create some monsters!!

wolfpack0735
10-21-2004, 07:19 AM
i never expected a 13-3 or 12-4 season, not with the teams we have to play this year. i DID expect to be in the hunt for the west crown with denver. i`ve been a fan since they moved to k.c. and have seen some pretty bad kc teams,but you knew they were BAD AND STEADMAN WASNT GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. this team wasnt bad and just needed a few adjustments to make it work. not making any adjustments,just sitting there is was makes this sooooo sucky :banghead:

CosmicPal
10-21-2004, 07:33 AM
Uhhhhh, Lionel Dalton?

Didn't he have like a couple of good games the past few weeks?

If he keeps improving, he'll have been a great FA pick-up...

KcMizzou
10-21-2004, 07:35 AM
Uhhhhh, Lionel Dalton?

Didn't he have like a couple of good games the past few weeks?

If he keeps improving, he'll have been a great FA pick-up...The good ones don't count. They're just luck...

htismaqe
10-21-2004, 08:09 AM
Not sure if he borrowed that very astute observation from Madden or vice versa...

---->

Madden has harped on the "monster hit" and the lack of tackling in today's NFL so much that they PUT IT IN HIS VIDEO GAME...

KCTitus
10-21-2004, 08:19 AM
The good ones don't count. They're just luck...

two times in one thread... :thumb:

Otter
10-21-2004, 08:19 AM

That would be correct.

Braincase
10-21-2004, 08:21 AM
I don't recall anybody here saying a thing about our free agency woes during the off-season. Nope. Didn't happen, right Vlad?

MOhillbilly
10-21-2004, 08:48 AM
Round,round, baby right round like a record baby........................:mad:

Logical
10-21-2004, 01:07 PM
I don't recall anybody here saying a thing about our free agency woes during the off-season. Nope. Didn't happen, right Vlad?:D

Calcountry
10-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Excellent!!

OldTownChief
10-21-2004, 01:46 PM

That is the single dumbest thing I have ever heard come from an NFL head coach's mouth. I wonder how well they can handle a 3-13 record. If they handle it well we should keep em around another year. I'm losing a lot of respect for that man.