PDA

View Full Version : Bartee new starter at Corner, McCleon moved to Nickleback ...

royr17
10-22-2004, 09:39 AM
Just saw this on the KC Star Bulletin Board.

On the chiefs radio show tonight Carl said that BARTEE would be starting not dexter....thought i would pass that along. Something was said about him not being fitting Guns system....as well as other players....

el borracho
10-22-2004, 09:41 AM
That is excellent news (despite what the Bar tee haters are going to say).

Saulbadguy
10-22-2004, 09:41 AM
Works for me.

royr17
10-22-2004, 09:42 AM
Dont know if its true but i've been wanting this move for some time now.

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2004, 09:43 AM
Can't be any worse...

vckcchiefs04
10-22-2004, 09:44 AM
Is there a difference between the two? Bartee is just as bad..... if I had a dime every time I was sitting at Arrowhead watching him chase someone who just faked him out of his jock I would be a freakin millionare. Oh well..... we don't have many choices though.... at least he's younger, and Battle is as bad.

Gaz
10-22-2004, 09:45 AM
A reasonable move, IMO. We know what McCleon brings to Gunther's scheme. Time to find out what Bartee brings to the party.

Although I learned long ago that when you say “it can’t get any worse,” it immediately gets worse.

Do not mock the football gods, my friends.

xoxo~
Gaz
Willing to take the risk.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Never thought I'd see the day I was glad Bartee got the nod over someone else.

Mark M
10-22-2004, 09:50 AM
Let's hope he learned to turn his head, or the Chiefs will season will be dead.

Damn ... I'm a poet and had no idea that I was.

MM
~~:)

Sure-Oz
10-22-2004, 09:51 AM
Bartee has always had the size and abilities just lacked the brain, i am sure he can be no worse than mcleon at this point.

royr17
10-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Just to say on another note that i see BARTEE doing better than mccleon, last year when BARTEE replaced a injured warfield he did pretty good, preseason game against the rams when he was playing Right Corner he looked pretty good and the only reason McCleon kept his job was because of DV's loyalty towards him, but it comes to see now that it was guns decision to do this as you could see that McCleon was getting burnt way too much as a starter, IMHO McCleon doesnt have the strength to be a bump-n-run corner and i think he would be better served as nickleback.

Really good move IMHO opinion by gun.

KCTitus
10-22-2004, 09:58 AM
Carl should have signed Deion, instead...Dammit!

NewChief
10-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Carl should have signed Deion, instead...Dammit!

You are a sick and twisted bastard. ROFL

morphius
10-22-2004, 10:16 AM
Well, this should be intresting...

Morphius
Not tempting this football god that Gaz talking about.

Rain Man
10-22-2004, 10:22 AM
In space, no one can hear Bar tee scream.

I'm scared.

Chiefnj
10-22-2004, 10:26 AM
Bartee is a better open field tackler to pursue Vick when he gets running.

How is Fujita? Without him I don't like the thought of Jones and a banged up Beisel trying to chase down Vick.

ceebz
10-22-2004, 10:26 AM
meh. I'd much rather have them start Sapp or Battle. It's time to see if some of these kids can play. Bartee has had his chances, he'll never be a quality starting corner in the NFL.

Rain Man
10-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Bartee is a better open field tackler to pursue Vick when he gets running.

Good point. It's not like Vick is a passing threat. We just need to get a lot of our open-field tacklers on the field. This may be the best possible game to start Bar tee.

TEX
10-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Can someone explain to me again WHY we didn't sign a CB this off season? And WHY we told the only one we talked to that he would have a chance to "compete" for the job....:shake:

Scaga
10-22-2004, 10:35 AM
I hate burnt toast...
Let's hope Bartee proves us wrong.

ChiefsCountry
10-22-2004, 10:39 AM
I wish we would put Woods at CB, and put Pile or Harts at FS.

bricks
10-22-2004, 11:15 AM
I wish we would put Woods at CB, and put Pile or Harts at FS.

:spock: :bong: No!

Iowanian
10-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Like anyone else, I'm not EXCITED to hear William B artee is the starter.........that said.........McCleon has been getting abused.

B artee is a physcially gifted player with better speed than Dexter and is bigger. If he can stick with the mechanics like turning his head.......he could be a significant improvement........not just in pass defense vs taller WRs, but in Run Support.

McCleon should be a very solid Nickle corner......but I'd like to see a little more of Sapp..........and hope for Huge Turn by Battle in the right direction.

Now..........if they'll put Holiday back on the bench and Browning starting at RDE............move Holiday and Browing to DTs in Pass situations.

Just for Good JuJu for the game..................can we lose the Bartee symbol for a week?

gblowfish
10-22-2004, 11:28 AM
We're basically screwed either way.

bricks
10-22-2004, 11:29 AM
Can someone explain to me again WHY we didn't sign a CB this off season? And WHY we told the only one we talked to that he would have a chance to "compete" for the job....:shake:

:shrug: I don't know what to say when it comes to that. But, I understand what you mean, and know where your coming from. I agree wholeheartedly. I don't see the logic in that the Chiefs would actually tell Vincent he would compete for the nickelback job. when he is better than every corner on our roster. But, who knows. I'm willing to give Bartee another chance, he has experienced some growing pains, and should only get better. I give him the pass, he was playing in a sh*tty system and a sh*tty co-ordinator. He may respond well under Gunther and prove all us wrong. heck, even if he can at least tackle better that would make me something to be proud about. McCleon couldn't tackle, cover. He completely sucked balls.

Dartgod
10-22-2004, 11:34 AM
It was a plot to piss off Vlad Logicslav.

go bo
10-22-2004, 11:35 AM
Good point. It's not like Vick is a passing threat. We just need to get a lot of our open-field tacklers on the field. This may be the best possible game to start Bar tee.i dunno...

he may not pass all that often, but he can throw a pretty spiral a long, long ways...

and accurately, too...

Mark M
10-22-2004, 11:38 AM
It was a plot to piss off Vlad Logicslav.

DAMMIT, CARL!!! :cuss:

Hey ... someone had to do it.

MM
~~:)

go bo
10-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Like anyone else, I'm not EXCITED to hear William B artee is the starter.........that said.........McCleon has been getting abused.

B artee is a physcially gifted player with better speed than Dexter and is bigger. If he can stick with the mechanics like turning his head.......he could be a significant improvement........not just in pass defense vs taller WRs, but in Run Support.

McCleon should be a very solid Nickle corner......but I'd like to see a little more of Sapp..........and hope for Huge Turn by Battle in the right direction.

Now..........if they'll put Holiday back on the bench and Browning starting at RDE............move Holiday and Browing to DTs in Pass situations.

Just for Good JuJu for the game..................can we lose the Bartee symbol for a week?i don't know, mr. wanian, sir...

methinks junior and little train provide a better push up the middle, with the occasional sack...

and, if barrtee does reasonably well this week (and maybe next), we probably should drop the derogatory smilie...

go bo
10-22-2004, 11:42 AM
It was a plot to piss off Vlad Logicslav.it takes a "plot"?

Red Dawg
10-22-2004, 11:43 AM
I can't believe I would ever be happy to hear this news.

bricks
10-22-2004, 11:47 AM
i don't know, mr. wanian, sir...

methinks junior and little train provide a better push up the middle, with the occasional sack...

and, if barrtee does reasonably well this week (and maybe next), we probably should drop the derogatory smilie...

I say go with Browning at DE, Sims, and Dalton at DT, and Hicks at DE on running downs,

On passing downs, go with Allen or Stills at DE, Siavii, Dalton at DT, Hicks at DE.

BIG_DADDY
10-22-2004, 11:47 AM
I can't believe I would ever be happy to hear this news.

Bartee is back :thumb: :) PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

What's wrong with this picture? Actually I'll take it, welcome back.

Gaz
10-22-2004, 12:03 PM
...And WHY we told the only one we talked to that he would have a chance to "compete" for the job...

Can someone tell me WHY a professional would be insulted that he was not GIVEN a starting role?

If was good enough to start, he would have won the position. Is Mr. Vincent so sensitive that he had to be guaranteed a starting position?

xoxo~
Gaz
Thinks Mr. Vincent is probably tougher than that.

tk13
10-22-2004, 12:12 PM
I still think Vincent was using us to drive the price up and Vermeil and Carl knew it from talking to him and weren't going to give in and make him look good...

... and seriously, if a CB like Troy Vincent doesn't think he can win a starting job here, why on earth would you pay him the big money....

Chiefnj
10-22-2004, 12:14 PM
Vermeil said Vincent was "insurance" in case they couldn't sign Bartee.

That gives the impression that DV really wanted Bartee and not Vincent. Why go to a team that doesn't really want you when their are other clubs willing to pay you good money and welcome you with open arms?

Gaz
10-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Why not go if you are so much better than even the fans can see it?

No, that does not hold water.

xoxo~
Gaz
Looking for a more plausible reason [like lots & lots of $$$].

ROYC75
10-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Bartee is back :thumb: :) PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

What's wrong with this picture? Actually I'll take it, welcome back.

ROFL

I agree,locked down stiff neck Bartee is an upgrade @ CB.......sad news, it's not helping that much ! Some, but not what we need unless he is the ,what, 4th or 5th coming of superman ?

philfree
10-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Vincent has meant the world to Buffalo. How could we let such an impact player get away?

PhilFree :arrow:

Rain Man
10-22-2004, 12:45 PM
ROFL

I agree,locked down stiff neck Bartee is an upgrade @ CB.......sad news, it's not helping that much ! Some, but not what we need unless he is the ,what, 4th or 5th coming of superman ?

He's kind of the opposite of Super man, since he's able to move everything but his neck.

(Making that statement means I'll probably have to give Hitler a sponge bath after I die, but I couldn't resist.)

Lzen
10-22-2004, 12:48 PM

Agreed. :thumb:

I think Bar tee could do well in Gun's scheme. I know he has sucked since we drafted him but, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gun the DC make a player out of him. If not, put in Sapp. :)

Mark M
10-22-2004, 12:53 PM
He's kind of the opposite of Super man, since he's able to move everything but his neck.

(Making that statement means I'll probably have to give Hitler a sponge bath after I die, but I couldn't resist.)

Rep.

MM
~~ROFL

jspchief
10-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Can someone tell me WHY a professional would be insulted that he was not GIVEN a starting role?

If was good enough to start, he would have won the position. Is Mr. Vincent so sensitive that he had to be guaranteed a starting position?

xoxo~
Gaz
Thinks Mr. Vincent is probably tougher than that.

Because professional athletes have egos. And professional athletes that are being dumped by the team they have given good years to have egos that need stroking. IMO any smart coach/GM would stroke the ego until it bursts while courting FAs. Tell him you're going to build the defense around him, then after he signs the contract you can dump a little reality on him. We may not like egotistical players, but they are today's professional athlete.

I'm glad to see Bartee get a chance. It's not so much about "it can't get any worse" as it is about not sitting idle and ignoring glaring weaknesses (the official Chiefs M.O.). It's obvious that McReception isn't getting the job done on Sundays, so we need to rock the boat a little before it sinks. Now all we need is Horn in the slot instead of Hall and I'll begin to think we're really trying to fix what's broken.

Rain Man
10-22-2004, 01:41 PM
I think it was right and truthful to say that Vincent should compete for a starting job, because that's what should happen. And then he should win it.

I can also see where a good player would think twice about going to a team that says that, though. You take the risk that the secondary coach is a crackpot who's got a man-crush on some player with more team seniority than you, and find a way to plant you on the bench.

Cormac
10-22-2004, 01:44 PM
This is great news, IMO. Bar tee might be a player in Gun's system....and at least we'll find out. I am probably one of the few fans that truly believes that Bar tee makes 9 good plays out of 10. That's not enough to be a great CB, but it's better than McCompLEtiON [just joining in the name-game fun :rolleyes:]

I predict a couple of "coverage sacks" thanks to Bar tee's ability to stay with his man.

Blitz
10-22-2004, 01:48 PM
Great *sarcasm*
bartee can't be that much worse than Dexter...wait, He can, was and is worse. F*CK you Carl, for not signing a FA corner.

the Talking Can
10-22-2004, 01:49 PM
how (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )ed up is our season if we're cheering the insertion of Bartee into the starting line-up?

holy christ

mississippichiefan
10-22-2004, 02:23 PM
This would be a great move cause we can at least see if there is any hope in him and if not dump him this offseason . Go Chiefs !!

Mr. Laz
10-22-2004, 02:23 PM

its sad as hell that we have to make this decision

pick your poison :banghead:

Mr. Laz
10-22-2004, 02:26 PM
This would be a great move cause we can at least see if there is any hope in him and if not dump him this offseason . Go Chiefs !!

didnt we just give him a new contract?

me tinks we already made the decision to keep him