PDA

View Full Version : First fight of my marriage

Hoover
10-23-2004, 10:58 AM
So the wife and I just got into it, its the first real fight of our marriage (2.5 years).

I feel like ass, I'm way stressed out. I was cleaning her muddy shoe and she goes postal on me for using the wrong (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )ing towell. Anyway, I wasn't in the mood to play effin games, so I put on my hat said I'm going to the post office then to the office.

So how much shit will I be in when I get home?

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2004, 10:59 AM
Oh, you're good for about 25 years of shiot.

BigRedChief
10-23-2004, 11:07 AM
Just call her and say I'm sorry. I was just trying to help out. Should have used a different towel etc....Wait to fight the battles worth winning...:p

Jmart
10-23-2004, 11:15 AM
I hear there are a lot of murder for hire ads in Soldier of Fortune...

Calcountry
10-23-2004, 11:18 AM
It probably was that time of the month.

Draw her a nice tub of bath water, get some bubble beads, and then offer to rub her back as she soaks in the hot tub.

Bring flowers home from the office too.

But just remember one thing. Don't ever get in the habbit of always responding the same way. Women hate that. They want to be confused.

memyselfI
10-23-2004, 11:19 AM
So the wife and I just got into it, its the first real fight of our marriage (2.5 years).

I feel like ass, I'm way stressed out. I was cleaning her muddy shoe and she goes postal on me for using the wrong (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )ing towell. Anyway, I wasn't in the mood to play effin games, so I put on my hat said I'm going to the post office then to the office.

Let me get this straight...

you are cleaning HER shoe (being nice to her) and she yells at YOU for using the wrong towel?

And the other day someone got yelled at for throwing his wife's lingerie in with the regular wash???

Good grief. I need to start teaching my son that he can expect his future wife to be a real *****. (sorry but this sounds like real petty stuff to be going off on the husband about...)

On second thought, choose your battles and either don't do anything nice for her or just bite your tongue at the moment and then later on mention to her that 'while you did use the 'wrong' towel she did not appreciate the right thing you were TRYING to do...' and then let it go.

The next time you want to do something nice for her perhaps you should ask if she has any restrictions on how it should be done. :hmmm: :hmmm:

Demonpenz
10-23-2004, 11:24 AM
start printing divorce papers!

stumppy
10-23-2004, 11:30 AM

So, were you at least able to get your balls out of her purse before you left?
:p

Oh yea, you've probably been in a ton of fights with her and lost all of them. You just don't realize it.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-23-2004, 11:30 AM
a lifetime.

chiefsfan987
10-23-2004, 11:33 AM
are you kidding me? over an effing towel.... Gee we can't buy another one of those...

jspchief
10-23-2004, 11:33 AM
IMO you did the right thing by leaving. My wife and I have learned to minimize the damage of fighting by just getting away from each other while the tempers are flaring. It's not like it was something worth you sticking around and argueing about.

Save the real arguements for issues that really need the dialogue.

FloridaChief
10-23-2004, 11:38 AM
This fight isn't about towels. You *do* realize that, don't you?

stumppy
10-23-2004, 11:39 AM

How true.

the Talking Can
10-23-2004, 11:42 AM
stop screwing her friends and you won't have any more "towel" issues.....

Abba-Dabba
10-23-2004, 11:44 AM
start printing divorce papers!

ROFL

I heard a stat the other day about a republican controlled county in Kansas. They have a 70% divorce rate. Sanctity of marriage my ass.

Skip Towne
10-23-2004, 11:46 AM
She's a lawyer. It won't cost her much to dump your fat ass.

Hydrae
10-23-2004, 11:48 AM

Yep, you need to find out what is really bothering her and go from there.

As to you leaving, good move IMO. Especially with something as seemingly unimportant as this it is best not to be reacting emotionally, it will jsut cause the fight to escalate well beyond reason.

Frazod
10-23-2004, 11:51 AM

You call THAT a fight? ROFL

KcMizzou
10-23-2004, 11:52 AM
No kidding. Fraz once got knocked out by a piece of cheese cake.

FloridaChief
10-23-2004, 11:53 AM
You call THAT a fight? ROFL

Exactly. When your wife picks up a deadly weapon fully intending to use it against you, come tell me about your first fight...

jspchief
10-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Another thing that has worked well for me is getting to the point where we can accept when the other is simply in a bad mood. I can usually sense it from her, and will give her the neccessary space. She normally will ask me, and if I am I tell her so.

Understanding that she's justgrumpy is the perfect excuse for me to do some woodworking in the garage and get out of her hair. Similarly, she knows to go shopping or visit her sister.

Sometimes there's nothing really wrong. Sure, maybe using the wrong towel pissed her off. But it could be the fact that she's grouchy that made her actually act on it. We all have to endure little things that our spouses do that irk us. The times that we choose to fight over the little things are the times when it's best to say "I need some alone time".

Phobia
10-23-2004, 12:13 PM
Dude - she owes you sex in the butt. Don't settle for anything less. And, don't let her use anything except her finger the first time.

FloridaChief
10-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Dude - she owes you sex in the butt. Don't settle for anything less. And, don't let her use anything except her finger the first time.

$50 says she uses a muddy shoe...and he likes it.

Jenson71
10-23-2004, 12:18 PM
I used to go camping with my friend and his dad, Ken. Ken is a real perfectionist. Everything has to be in the right order or all hell breaks loose. Ken has two towels. The green one is for washing your hands, and the purple one is for washing the dishes. I always liked to wash my hands with the purple one though, just to see Ken go nuts. He'd always say stuff like "I can't believe I go through all this work and you guys can't even wash your hands with the right towel" and "This is the last time I ever go camping with you again!"

chiefs4me
10-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Let me get this straight...

you are cleaning HER shoe (being nice to her) and she yells at YOU for using the wrong towel?

And the other day someone got yelled at for throwing his wife's lingerie in with the regular wash???

Good grief. I need to start teaching my son that he can expect his future wife to be a real *****. (sorry but this sounds like real petty stuff to be going off on the husband about...)

On second thought, choose your battles and either don't do anything nice for her or just bite your tongue at the moment and then later on mention to her that 'while you did use the 'wrong' towel she did not appreciate the right thing you were TRYING to do...' and then let it go.

The next time you want to do something nice for her perhaps you should ask if she has any restrictions on how it should be done. :hmmm: :hmmm:

Well I hate to say it but I am with you all on this one,,,I only wish my husband would clean my shoes,,,,,or do the laundry,,,,:rolleyes:

Jenson71
10-23-2004, 12:21 PM
Well I hate to say it but I am with you all on this one,,,I only wish my husband would clean my shoes,,,,,or do the laundry,,,,:rolleyes:

WTF? Get back to folding. NOW.

EDIT - ;)

BigRedChief
10-23-2004, 12:24 PM

Thanks for that visual image....:cuss:

gblowfish
10-23-2004, 01:15 PM
Ahhh...Grasshopper. You need to learn the Universal Church Key Married Guy "I'm In Trouble" again Catch Phrase, which my father taught to me, and his father taught to him.

It's simple, it works every time, and it's been used for centuries by married men in all cultures. I don't know why it works. It just does.

Memorize...and lead a happier life. It goes like this:

"Yes dear, you're right...I'm sorry."

Say nothing else. This says it all.

Now memorize...write it on a chalkboard 500 times...have it tattooed on your forehead....

It is your friend. It is your mantra.

Go and be dog house free my son.

FloridaChief
10-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Ahhh...Grasshopper. You need to learn the Universal Church Key Married Guy "I'm In Trouble" again Catch Phrase, which my father taught to me, and his father taught to him.

It's simple, it works every time, and it's been used for centuries by married men in all cultures. I don't know why it works. It just does.

Memorize...and lead a happier life. It goes like this:

Say nothing else. This says it all.

Now memorize...write it on a chalkboard 500 times...have it tattooed on your forehead....

It is your friend. It is your mantra.

Go and be dog house free my son.

Yeah, great idea. And then you can let her piss on your face before she goes out to f*ck another guy.

BigRedChief
10-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Oooh, freaky. Had no idea you were into that sort of thing.

I'm not sure why I'm single... but, I think part of it might have to do with the fact that my response to such a situation would likely be about two or three words long... one of which being the f-bomb.

I think it's because of your new friend MadMax.STFU

FloridaChief
10-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Oooh, freaky. Had no idea you were into that sort of thing.

I'm not sure why I'm single... but, I think part of it might have to do with the fact that my response to such a situation would likely be about two or three words long... one of which being the f-bomb.

You've no idea how much the idea disgusts me. It's as if you're married to a nuclear bomb w/ an unstable detonator-fuse rather than a human being. I suppose walking on eggshells for the rest of your lives is fine for some guys.

Pity.

Phobia
10-23-2004, 01:40 PM
You've no idea how much the idea disgusts me. It's as if you're married to a nuclear bomb w/ an unstable detonator-fuse rather than a human being. I suppose walking on eggshells for the rest of your lives is fine for some guys.

Pity.

BTDT - not ever doing it again. Ever. Essentially, find a woman willing to put up with your shit. Don't marry until you do.

memyselfI
10-23-2004, 01:41 PM

My husband does more than his fair share around the house and he screws up stuff but I've learned if he's helping I can't yell about mistakes he's made because I certainly don't want him yelling about mistakes I make when I help him...

but it seems some young women these days not only EXPECT the help but then complain when it's not done 'right.' I guess where I'm baffled about this is expecting someone else to take the extra step to be careful with YOUR underwear or not using the right towel to clean YOUR shoes. Just seems out of line...

Calcountry
10-23-2004, 01:42 PM
Give your wife some CP rep, that will cheer her up.

Phobia
10-23-2004, 01:44 PM
Don't really have much choice. They don't tend to stick around long if they're not willing to put up with my shit.

Okay - here's some much more profound advice. If you find a woman who isn't willing to put up with your shit and smile about it, don't knock her up.

And then, don't knock her up again.

Regards,

Slow Learner

memyselfI
10-23-2004, 01:45 PM

OK, this is like the third (who's counting) thread where this has been your response to an issue with a woman.

Are you experiencing sex in the butt (or lack of) issues... ROFL

memyselfI
10-23-2004, 01:47 PM
I used to go camping with my friend and his dad, Ken. Ken is a real perfectionist. Everything has to be in the right order or all hell breaks loose. Ken has two towels. The green one is for washing your hands, and the purple one is for washing the dishes. I always liked to wash my hands with the purple one though, just to see Ken go nuts. He'd always say stuff like "I can't believe I go through all this work and you guys can't even wash your hands with the right towel" and "This is the last time I ever go camping with you again!"

My favorite saying about perfectionists:

Perfectionists take great pains...

and give them to others.

BIG_DADDY
10-23-2004, 01:48 PM
My husband does more than his fair share around the house ...

There's a real shocker.

Phobia
10-23-2004, 01:49 PM
OK, this is like the third (who's counting) thread where this has been your response to an issue with a woman.

Are you experiencing sex in the butt (or lack of) issues... ROFL
If you're keeping tally, call me. I'll give you a complimentary pleasure enema as long as you don't tell anybody else.

memyselfI
10-23-2004, 01:50 PM
It probably was that time of the month.

Draw her a nice tub of bath water, get some bubble beads, and then offer to rub her back as she soaks in the hot tub.

Bring flowers home from the office too.

But just remember one thing. Don't ever get in the habbit of always responding the same way. Women hate that. They want to be confused.

Oh my gawd, this response is screaming enabling of selfish and juvenile behavior in the future...

I mean if she wrecked your new car or had a bad day at the office your suggestion would be a great one but not when she's done something wrong by over-reacting in an inappropriate fashion to her husband's nice gesture.

memyselfI
10-23-2004, 01:52 PM
If you're keeping tally, call me. I'll give you a complimentary pleasure enema as long as you don't tell anybody else.

uh, as inviting as that isn't...

I'll pass. Instead I just wanted to bring it to your attention that you are projecting all over the broad, er board.

Jenson71
10-23-2004, 01:52 PM
My favorite saying about perfectionists:

Perfectionists take great pains...

and give them to others.

Well, shucks. I forgot the rest of that story. So anyway, while he was going on with his tirade, I'd say something like "Oh, Ken, I'm real sorry." And then I'd keep on doing the same thing. That's when he really started steaming.

I wish I would have remembered that.

Phobia
10-23-2004, 01:55 PM
Well, shucks. I forgot the rest of that story. So anyway, while he was going on with his tirade, I'd say something like "Oh, Ken, I'm real sorry." And then I'd keep on doing the same thing. That's when he really started steaming.

I wish I would have remembered that.

It's for your own good that you don't remember the entire camping trip with Ken.

PastorMikH
10-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Hoover, suck it up man. Stand your ground and tell her she shouldn't have stepped in mud in the first place. Yeah she'll get upset, let the fight keep developing. Look at it this way, it will be lots of fun when she calms down.;)

Phobia
10-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Oh my gawd, this response is screaming enabling of selfish and juvenile behavior in the future...

I mean if she wrecked your new car or had a bad day at the office your suggestion would be a great one but not when she's done something wrong by over-reacting in an inappropriate fashion to her husband's nice gesture.

This is like the 3rd time I've agreed with Denise in a decade. Great post.

Jenson71
10-23-2004, 02:00 PM
It's for your own good that you don't remember the entire camping trip with Ken.

Yeah, I know. Thankfully, they knocked me out before Ken and my friend played naked night games with eachother.

go bo
10-23-2004, 02:04 PM
BTDT - not ever doing it again. Ever. Essentially, find a woman willing to put up with your shit. Don't marry until you do.and you learned this after only one marriage?

it took me two... :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

stevieray
10-23-2004, 02:06 PM
look on the bright side, if you play your cards right, you'll get to experience that first makeup boink.

:hmmm:

BigRedChief
10-23-2004, 02:08 PM
This is like the 3rd time I've agreed with Denise in a decade. Great post.

Jbret is go chiefs and now memyselfi is Denise? Whats next? Big Daddy is Grob...Bob Damned Dole is really Bill Clinton?......Will the madness ever end?:)

Phobia
10-23-2004, 02:09 PM
I don't get it, BigRedChief.

Phobia
10-23-2004, 02:14 PM
Hey, if you don't wanna be called Bill Clinton, don't live in Arkansas.

Doh! That's gonna leave a mark.

BigRedChief
10-23-2004, 02:25 PM
I don't get it, BigRedChief.

Just some lame ass attempt at humor....I'll STFU

Rain Man
10-23-2004, 02:33 PM
I've found the best response to any disagreement with my wife is to stop talking, go find an unused corner in the house, and sit there quietly rocking back and forth.

cheeeefs
10-23-2004, 02:35 PM
IMO 2.5 years without a fight is unhealthy. There is NO WAY either of you haven't done some shit to piss the other one off. Sometimes you have to let that off your chest. I've learned from experience that suppressing myself when she does something to make me angry just leads to more frustration and an eventual overload. On top of that, I've also found that as a male it's against the rules for me to be mad about something today for something that happened last week. She however, can be mad today, tomorrow, and the tuesday after next for something I did four and a half months ago. Taking this into account I have to be mad about whatever she does right away, because it's my only chance to say my peace without her shifting the arguement to " you are always bringing up the past" I hate it when she diffuses arguements by shifting the point from one I can win to one I can't.

As you can tell I have problems with how I argue with my girlfriend (2 years) I guess I asked for it by getting into a relationship with a future lawyer who is smart as a whip and beautiful to boot. I have nothing to fight against that.

Phobia
10-23-2004, 02:36 PM
I guess I asked for it by getting into a relationship with a future lawyer who is smart as a whip and beautiful to boot. I have nothing to fight against that.

Nice post, Hoover.

tk13
10-23-2004, 02:38 PM
I've found the best response to any disagreement with my wife is to stop talking, go find an unused corner in the house, and sit there quietly rocking back and forth.
Yeah, that works until you snap into a vicious rage and eat the chair.

Mr Grimm
10-23-2004, 02:41 PM
DAMN....
2.5 years w/o makeup sex?
couldnt have done it!

cheeeefs
10-23-2004, 02:43 PM
Nice post, Hoover.

That hurts in ways I haven't even fully come to appreciate yet.

Phobia
10-23-2004, 02:46 PM
DAMN....
2.5 years w/o makeup sex?
couldnt have done it!

Is makeup sex when you use Mary Kay on your boyfriend and pretend that you're straight?

go bo
10-23-2004, 02:50 PM
Is makeup sex when you use Mary Kay on your boyfriend and pretend that you're straight?nttawwt :p :p :p

cheeeefs
10-23-2004, 02:52 PM
Is makeup sex when you use Mary Kay on your boyfriend and pretend that you're straight?

ZING and I thought he got me good.

FloridaChief
10-23-2004, 02:53 PM

How much shit can you eat? I think you have your answer...

FloridaChief
10-23-2004, 02:59 PM
I wanna clarify something...

This is what you said... but, you really went to the bar, right?

He probably went to the post office, then to the office...

Mr Grimm
10-23-2004, 02:59 PM

:hump:

Faulker!

Rausch
10-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Is makeup sex when you use Mary Kay on your boyfriend and pretend that you're straight? ROFL

PastorMikH
10-23-2004, 03:07 PM
The pastor always has the best advice. If I ever get married, I'm joining his church. I want top notch relationship counseling.

In that case, I think we'll stay with the pews in the renovation plans. I'd be afraid that your wife might get stuck in her seat if we went with chairs.

gblowfish
10-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Yeah, great idea. And then you can let her piss on your face before she goes out to f*ck another guy.

All I can suggest is your method of conflict management is a tad unconventional -and certainly much less hygenic- than my method.

Just because you have a little disagreement doesn't mean the wifey is going to piss in your face and do your mailman. If your wife is your best friend, even best friends have scrapes now and then. It's just a part of the package, so to speak. Every married guy knows it easy to get in the doghouse, and hard to get out.

Most importantly, I wonder why anyone in their right mind would ask the motly collection of mouth breathers on CP for Marital Advice!! I haven't seen Dr. Phil in anybody's avitar...

Hang in there Hoov...tomorrow's another day and there'll be a Chiefs game tomorrow too, dude. So life ain't so bad after all.

FloridaChief
10-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Most importantly, I wonder why anyone in their right mind would ask the motly collection of mouth breathers on CP for Marital Advice!!

On this we can agree...

Skip Towne
10-23-2004, 03:20 PM
All I can suggest is your method of conflict management is a tad unconventional -and certainly much less hygenic- than my method.

Just because you have a little disagreement doesn't mean the wifey is going to piss in your face and do your mailman. If your wife is your best friend, even best friends have scrapes now and then. It's just a part of the package, so to speak. Every married guy knows it easy to get in the doghouse, and hard to get out.

Most importantly, I wonder why anyone in their right mind would ask the motly collection of mouth breathers on CP for Marital Advice!! I haven't seen Dr. Phil in anybody's avitar...

Hang in there Hoov...tomorrow's another day and there'll be a Chiefs game tomorrow too, dude. So life ain't so bad after all.
Don't listen to him Hoover, ESCALATE IT. GAIN CONTROL. You'll be glad you did.

Dr. Phil
10-23-2004, 03:22 PM

Yeah, cause I've had such great marital success.

gblowfish
10-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Wow...Dr. Phil DOES hang out here. Alllrighty then!!

Phobia
10-23-2004, 04:09 PM
Yeah, cause I've had such great marital success.
GET OUT OF MY HOUSE, YOU FILTHY SON OF A BITCH. I'M TIRED OF HEARING YOUR VOICE EVERY TIME MY WIFE SPEAKS. I HATE YOU AND WANT TO BLOW UP YOUR RECORDING STUDIO.

FloridaChief
10-23-2004, 04:11 PM
GET OUT OF MY HOUSE, YOU FILTHY SON OF A BITCH. I'M TIRED OF HEARING YOUR VOICE EVERY TIME MY WIFE SPEAKS. I HATE YOU AND WANT TO BLOW UP YOUR RECORDING STUDIO.

ROFL

keg in kc
10-23-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm not sure why I'm single... but, I think part of it might have to do with the fact that my response to such a situation would likely be about two or three words long... one of which being the f-bomb.You and me both, brother.

Oh, and Hoover, you still haven't had the first fight of your marriage. This was just a blip on the radar. Just you wait....

go bo
10-23-2004, 06:36 PM
You and me both, brother.

Oh, and Hoover, you still haven't had the first fight of your marriage. This was just a blip on the radar. Just you wait....ROFL ROFL ROFL

the really funny thing is that keg's right... :p :p :p

BIG_DADDY
10-23-2004, 07:40 PM
Hoover I think you should get even with her by posting some of her nudy pics here at the Planet. :p

Hammock Parties
10-23-2004, 07:41 PM
This thread lacks Slayer.

RedNFeisty
10-23-2004, 10:39 PM
Um, why were you cleaning "Her" muddy shoe? Without reading all of this, I will go out on a limb and say that was your first mistake. Secondly, if you left without her getting her last word in, lol.....I hope she doesn't let things fester!!

Fairplay
10-23-2004, 10:41 PM
This thread lacks Slayer.

His mommy already tucked him in bed.

BIG_DADDY
10-23-2004, 11:49 PM
So I wonder if Mrs. Hoover has him licking her boots clean at this point.

Frazod
10-23-2004, 11:52 PM
So I wonder if Mrs. Hoover has him licking her boots clean at this point.

Probably. Sounds like Hoov is seriously whipped.... :whip:

:)

KCWolfman
10-23-2004, 11:55 PM
Best line in entire thread

BIG_DADDY
10-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Probably. Sounds like Hoov is seriously whipped.... :whip:

:)

I do wish the best for him. So many guys make the mistake of thinking that if they just treat a woman good they will be OK. The game is all about the challenge. Once women know they have you the challenge is gone and they lose interest. Once they have lost interest the relationship is done. The worst part about what he wrote is he was worried about what he was walking back instead of the other way around.

Hammock Parties
10-24-2004, 12:00 AM
So many guys make the mistake of thinking that if they just treat a woman good they will be OK. The game is all about the challenge. Once women know they have you the challenge is gone and they lose interest.

What the hell? I'm going to be so screwed.

Frazod
10-24-2004, 12:02 AM
What the hell? I'm going to be so screwed.

No you won't.... ROFL