PDA

View Full Version : Children Of The Corn... Alan Webb (?) Owns You Biotches..

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2004, 03:25 PM
... Thanks for hiring Bill Ca llahan. He'll prove to be a total waste of money.

With a QB that couldn't produce a point vs Western Kentucky U, KSU runs up 45 on the Blackskirts. That's right. Alan Webb. A nobody transfer from Indiana, ran for 140, threw for 130 and turned it over to a maligned defense that hasn't done much all year. They wasted your QB to the point your coach laid down and died like a Ra ider reject. With your team down 38-21 Calla han runs on 4 consecutive plays and punts. That's laying down. Quitting. Roberto Duran saying "No Mas."

4 out of 5.

5 out of 7.

You got Bill Call ahan. (chuckle)

Dartgod
10-23-2004, 04:07 PM
Remind me to "accidently" shank a ball your way next time we're on a golf course together.

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2004, 04:08 PM
I love ya Bob...

Raiderhater
10-23-2004, 04:46 PM
I'm pissed off. I'm beyond pissed off, I'm livid. The cobsucker K-State game is like the Chiefs raiduhs to me. Actually it's even bigger, there are personal issues at stake with this game. It's the one college football game I insist on watching each year, and for the first time in like eleven years, the game is not televised. I was unable to watch us dominate the little red for the third straight year in a row, and I am NOT happy about it.

On another note: WAY TO GO CATS! Congratulations on beating those f#cking pricks. :ksu: PBJ :ksu: PBJ :ksu:

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2004, 05:14 PM
J,

It was a pleasure listening on the radio. Another solid azz whipping put on those mf'ers is always nice.

It's all the more pleasureable knowing they hired their 8th (or was it their 9th?) choice as head coach.

Today, he quit with 8 minutes to play. Laid down. Rolled over and showed his belly.

The equivalent of the Cardinals in game 7 of the 85 Series the second Motley hit his HR.

"No mas."

alanm
10-23-2004, 05:45 PM
Gotta give it up to kstate. They were prepared today and it showed. Nebraska came out flat and it showed. Penalties, fumbles, MORE MISSED TACKLES THAN I CAN EVER REMEMBER!!!!!:banghead::cuss:And most would have been for losses. Inability to force Kstate off the field. TOP was about 40 to 20. And more missed f*cking tackles. But I still got to hand it to the Wildcats. They wanted this game more. It was do or roll over and die for them today. Next week it will be the same for us in Lincoln. If it's any small consulation it's that Missouri lost at home today.:thumb: I don't know what KStates problem is this fall but they shouldn't have 4 losses.:shake: It would seem that Missouri or Nebraska doesn't want the lead in the North. Kstate might just sneak back in. Did I mention all the MISSED F*CKING TACKLES TODAY!!!!:cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead:

Skip Towne
10-23-2004, 05:53 PM
I wonder how the Cornholer fans are liking Cal lahan about now?

alanm
10-23-2004, 06:03 PM
I wonder how the Cornholer fans are liking Cal lahan about now?He's playing poker with 3 deuces in his hand and he knows it. Talent level isn't what it used to be. No small thanks to Solich:cuss:If half the recruits that have already given their oral commitments sign in Febuary then we'll be much improved in the next couple of years. It's just a very young team at the moment. I'll give him some time. I just hope their able to win 2-3 more games. Cause there ain't no way in hell we're going to be able to beat Oklahoma. But shit.... stranger things have happened.:thumb:

Skip Towne
10-23-2004, 06:09 PM
He's playing poker with 3 deuces in his hand and he knows it. Talent level isn't what it used to be. No small thanks to Solich:cuss:If half the recruits that have already given their oral commitments sign in Febuary then we'll be much improved in the next couple of years. It's just a very young team at the moment. I'll give him some time. I just hope their able to win 2-3 more games. Cause there ain't no way in hell we're going to be able to beat Oklahoma. But shit.... stranger things have happened.:thumb:
When was the last time they had a losing season?

alanm
10-23-2004, 06:13 PM
When was the last time they had a losing season?1961

Coach
10-23-2004, 06:24 PM

Wow, quite a long time.... looks like this might be the year you may finish less than .500 if you happen to lose next week.

I get the feeling that Callahan has lost this team.

Raiderhater
10-23-2004, 07:03 PM
J,

It was a pleasure listening on the radio. Another solid azz whipping put on those mf'ers is always nice.

It's all the more pleasureable knowing they hired their 8th (or was it their 9th?) choice as head coach.

Today, he quit with 8 minutes to play. Laid down. Rolled over and showed his belly.

The equivalent of the Cardinals in game 7 of the 85 Series the second Motley hit his HR.

"No mas."

Regrettably, that was not an option for me down here in suck ass Tejas. And I'm at my parent's place today where the phone lines are old and slow, so listening over the net was not an option.

Glad you got to enjoy the game.

Skip Towne
10-23-2004, 07:19 PM
Regrettably, that was not an option for me down here in suck ass Tejas. And I'm at my parent's place today where the phone lines are old and slow, so listening over the net was not an option.

Glad you got to enjoy the game.
I didn't get to see it but I enjoyed it.

Dartgod
10-23-2004, 08:05 PM
I'm pissed off. I'm beyond pissed off, I'm livid. The cobsucker K-State game is like the Chiefs raiduhs to me. Actually it's even bigger, there are personal issues at stake with this game. It's the one college football game I insist on watching each year, and for the first time in like eleven years, the game is not televised. I was unable to watch us dominate the little red for the third straight year in a row, and I am NOT happy about it.

On another note: WAY TO GO CATS! Congratulations on beating those f#cking pricks. :ksu: PBJ :ksu: PBJ :ksu:
Sh*t, maybe I can hit two of you with a wayward golf ball.

alanm
10-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Wow, quite a long time.... looks like this might be the year you may finish less than .500 if you happen to lose next week.

I get the feeling that Callahan has lost this team.Nah we still got Iowa St. and Colorado to play yet. Worst case senario is 6-5. If we can somehow strap it up next week and play like their capable of playing 7-4. And Nebraska and Oklahoma no matter the year is still Nebraska and Oklahoma. It will be a dogfight.:thumb:

Coach
10-23-2004, 08:13 PM
Nah we still got Iowa St. and Colorado to play yet. Worst case senario is 6-5. If we can somehow strap it up next week and play like their capable of playing 7-4. And Nebraska and Oklahoma no matter the year is still Nebraska and Oklahoma. It will be a dogfight.:thumb:

Yeah, but it sounded like they folded when the KSU/NEB game was still going on, especially in the 4th quarter.

Skip Towne
10-23-2004, 08:17 PM
Get with the times, Alanm, Nebraska no longer can play on reputation. They've been exposed. OU will kill the lightweight Huskers.

alanm
10-23-2004, 08:34 PM

I get the feeling that Callahan has lost this team.Nah... He hasn't lost them. They just have committed too many turnovers and penalties. As Vermeil says it's damn hard to win games when the games you've lost your -5 or -6 in turnovers and over 100 yrds in penalties as they have been this year.:banghead: Plus their having trouble with basic fundamentals. Blocking, tackling ect. I think they made a mistake trying to force feed the WC offense and not polishing up on the basics. But they've flashed at times this year. And when they do it's beautiful to watch them rack up points. And again this year no team leadership, Cept for Dailey and he's a Captain as a sophmore. I think they'll do much better once Calahan gets his own guys on board. He's got a damn impressive oral committment list so far. He was considered one of the best recruiters in the nation when he left Wisconsin for the pros in 94. And FWIW we'll probably have a top 10 class this coming signing season.

alanm
10-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Get with the times, Alanm, Nebraska no longer can play on reputation. They've been exposed. OU will kill the lightweight Huskers.They haven't had any rep since 2000. Solich and the old coaches lived on rep while they were still here. Their the ones who let it slip under their watch. I wanted Turner Gill to be the HC after Osborne retired. And he is the only holdover from the old staff still with the team. I think it had to be a factor for Calahan to keep him when he took the job. Since KSU runs Osbornes offense it most likely will be a matter of time for them for their talent to fall off also. No one likes to run the ball anymore. At least the talent that has aspirations of moving on to the NFL. That's why they are concentrated at Miami, USC and Oklahoma nowdays. Nebraska is trying to crack back into that group again. That's the main reason why they dumped Solich and his crew. Calahan had a damn fine signing period with only a couple of weeks to work with last winter but most are redshirting this fall cept for a couple. I'll give him a little leeway yet. Hell I'm no bandwaggon fan. I've been following them passionatly-sp since I was 8. 1965 to be exact. Hell the only other teams here in the state are Div II or lower. It's all we got. That's why the state is squarely behind them all the way win or lose.:thumb:

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2004, 10:35 PM
Gotta give it up to kstate. They were prepared today and it showed. Nebraska came out flat and it showed. Penalties, fumbles, MORE MISSED TACKLES THAN I CAN EVER REMEMBER!!!!!:banghead::cuss:And most would have been for losses. Inability to force Kstate off the field. TOP was about 40 to 20. And more missed f*cking tackles. But I still got to hand it to the Wildcats. They wanted this game more. It was do or roll over and die for them today. Next week it will be the same for us in Lincoln. If it's any small consulation it's that Missouri lost at home today.:thumb: I don't know what KStates problem is this fall but they shouldn't have 4 losses.:shake: It would seem that Missouri or Nebraska doesn't want the lead in the North. Kstate might just sneak back in. Did I mention all the MISSED F*CKING TACKLES TODAY!!!!:cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead:

Glad somebody got to see the game.

Damn Alan KSU hadn't run the ball like that all year. Was a little surprised that Webb (of all people) ran like he was Bishop. Strange game.
KSU pretty much stuffed NU all around. NU was 2-11 on 3rd down conversions and outside of a 60 yard shuffle pass and a 60 yard bomb the NU offense was non existent.
NU got a gift TD on a botched punt snap they returned for a TD. The second half NU had 39 yards of total offense.
While it's difficult to guage Call.ahan this early, It's a tough sell to think he'll be better than Solich.

Just MHO.

Saulbadguy
10-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Thank god for Bill Callahan. I'm going to bed now..gnight.

alanm
10-24-2004, 12:37 AM
Glad somebody got to see the game.

Damn Alan KSU hadn't run the ball like that all year. Was a little surprised that Webb (of all people) ran like he was Bishop. Strange game.
KSU pretty much stuffed NU all around. NU was 2-11 on 3rd down conversions and outside of a 60 yard shuffle pass and a 60 yard bomb the NU offense was non existent.
NU got a gift TD on a botched punt snap they returned for a TD. The second half NU had 39 yards of total offense.
While it's difficult to guage Call.ahan this early, It's a tough sell to think he'll be better than Solich.

Just MHO.I'll give it some time for Calahan to get his own kids in here. He's assembled a damn good coaching staff. Problem is these kids have had their universe turned upside down with 3 coaching changes(more or less) in the past 3 yrs. These guys were recruited to run the triple option. I knew they would have problems this fall. Just in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine game after game of 5 or 6 or worse turnovers per. I've never ever witnessed that before. And then the penalties and missed tackles. That's not Husker or anyones football. But man when they flash on offense as they have at times they can rack up points faster than Texas Tech. Shit on the oline they have 1 starter and a couple of backups this season that were on defense last fall. I'm not too worried though. We should have a good recruiting signing coming according to Rivals and the espn clown with the hair. His name escapes me. But from what I've heard is that we are in line for a top 10 and even possibly a top 5 class heading this way next summer. And kids specifically suited for the WC offense. Harrison Beck has orally comitted and is one of the Top 5 kids at QB in the nation by Rivals If anything Calahan has at least impressed me with the kids he's got lined up to sign come Feb. They have 15 oral commitments so far. They had the #2 RB in the nation Marlon Lucky from Hollywood, Ca. here last week and he stated the other day that Nebraska topped his list at the moment because of Calahans pro coaching experience and the fact that he wants to play in the WC offense. In fact all the offensive comitments have mentioned Calahan's Pro coaching experience and the fact that he's considered one of the best offensive coordinators (as it were) of the WC offense as a factor for comitting to Nebraska. That and having a leg up to the pro level if and when drafted. But that don't mean squat until they sign and hit the field.

Raiderhater
10-24-2004, 12:48 AM
Sh*t, maybe I can hit two of you with a wayward golf ball.

:p

Saulbadguy
10-24-2004, 05:40 AM
All the recruits in the world don't mean shit if you can't coach a game.

Saulbadguy
10-24-2004, 05:53 AM
By the way...here is my opinion on Allen Webb:

Ell Roberson of 2001, almost a carbon copy. Stupid decisions, very weak grasp of the game, keeps the ball too long when passing, inaccurate throws, fumblitis.

Positives, however...very quick, VERY Elusive, hard to open-field tackle, has a cannon for an arm.

He's got all the physical skills, he just needs to learn the game. If he has the mental capacity, he willl be the starter next year.

BTW fellas, I went to the game. :p It was a beautiful site seeing the Fuskers leave their seats with 10 minutes to go in the 4th.

Skip Towne
10-24-2004, 08:38 AM
I'll give it some time for Calahan to get his own kids in here. He's assembled a damn good coaching staff. Problem is these kids have had their universe turned upside down with 3 coaching changes(more or less) in the past 3 yrs. These guys were recruited to run the triple option. I knew they would have problems this fall. Just in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine game after game of 5 or 6 or worse turnovers per. I've never ever witnessed that before. And then the penalties and missed tackles. That's not Husker or anyones football. But man when they flash on offense as they have at times they can rack up points faster than Texas Tech. Shit on the oline they have 1 starter and a couple of backups this season that were on defense last fall. I'm not too worried though. We should have a good recruiting signing coming according to Rivals and the espn clown with the hair. His name escapes me. But from what I've heard is that we are in line for a top 10 and even possibly a top 5 class heading this way next summer. And kids specifically suited for the WC offense. Harrison Beck has orally comitted and is one of the Top 5 kids at QB in the nation by Rivals If anything Calahan has at least impressed me with the kids he's got lined up to sign come Feb. They have 15 oral commitments so far. They had the #2 RB in the nation Marlon Lucky from Hollywood, Ca. here last week and he stated the other day that Nebraska topped his list at the moment because of Calahans pro coaching experience and the fact that he wants to play in the WC offense. In fact all the offensive comitments have mentioned Calahan's Pro coaching experience and the fact that he's considered one of the best offensive coordinators (as it were) of the WC offense as a factor for comitting to Nebraska. That and having a leg up to the pro level if and when drafted. But that don't mean squat until they sign and hit the field.
Delusions of grandeur.