PDA

View Full Version : Whoa. Vermeil nuked Larry Johnson this week?

Rain Man
10-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Anyone watching Fox? Jay Glazer just said that Dick held a team meeting this week and put all of Johnson's comment on the overhead, called him out on each one of them, and then even brought out notes from private meetings and called Johnson out.

Geez. Take the high road, Dick. Don't be arguing with a player in front of the team. That's just not right.

Bootlegged
10-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Saw that...wtf???

Methinks Dick needs to retire and become a full-time wino. He's losing his mind.

Abba-Dabba
10-24-2004, 10:50 AM
I really hope that is not true. It would just make me think even more than I am right and Dick is a old, crotchety, vindictive old man.

4th and Long
10-24-2004, 10:50 AM
Anyone watching Fox? Jay Glazer just said that Dick held a team meeting this week and put all of Johnson's comment on the overhead, called him out on each one of them, and then even brought out notes from private meetings and called Johnson out.

Geez. Take the high road, Dick. Don't be arguing with a player in front of the team. That's just not right.
Saw the piece and I must respectfully disagree.

Dick has put up with this kid's mouth for far too long, It's high time he put him in his place in front of God and everyone.

Michael Michigan
10-24-2004, 10:51 AM
I just saw that as well...

:spock:

Sure-Oz
10-24-2004, 10:52 AM
I really don't understand what the deal is with Dick and LJ, he has never given him a chance, i could see lj actually playing and doing good and telling dick to **** off after every play or give him the finger. I have a great feeling he will not stay with us even when dick is gone.

Deberg_1990
10-24-2004, 10:53 AM
I really don't understand what the deal is with Dick and LJ, he has never given him a chance, i could see lj actually playing and doing good and telling dick to **** off after every play or give him the finger. I have a great feeling he will not stay with us even when dick is gone.

LJ's KC career is as good as done....Thanks DV for ruining a promising young runners career!!!

NaptownChief
10-24-2004, 10:55 AM
Saw the piece and I must respectfully disagree.

Dick has put up with this kid's mouth for far too long, It's high time he put him in his place in front of God and everyone.

A good leader would handle it behind closed doors.

This has turned into a old man acting like a 7 year old throwing a hissy fit cause he didn't get the Christmas present he wanted last year in the 1st round. I don't blame him for being pissed at Peterson for forcing this bad pick on him but he needs to address that with Peterson not with the player...It isn't LJ's fault that Peterson created this mess.

1adam1238
10-24-2004, 10:57 AM
DV is out of his mind, its time for him to say goodbye. But take CP and AS with you. LJ is going to pop up somewhere, sometime, and we are going to watch him excel...mark my words, its the way things happen with us.

Rain Man

This has turned into a old man acting like a 7 year old throwing a hissy fit cause he didn't get the Christmas present he wanted last year in the 1st round. I don't blame him for being pissed at Peterson for forcing this bad pick on him but he needs to address that with Peterson not with the player...It isn't LJ's fault that Peterson created this mess.

Agreed.

4th and Long

Again, with all due respect, Dick has handeled it behind closed doors on more than one occasion. It's that whiney bitch Johnson that continues to cry to the media and keeps dragging this up every 2 weeks.

FringeNC
10-24-2004, 10:59 AM
We need a win.

1adam1238
10-24-2004, 11:00 AM
DV has made some bad errors in this mess. Making the diaper statement in the press was wrong and now add this to a torn team.......what a team breaker this thing could turn into. Of course, there are those who say the team is broken anyway, this just adds to the problems.

Mr. Laz
10-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Again, with all due respect, Dick has handeled it behind closed doors on more than one occasion. It's that whiney bitch Johnson that continues to cry to the media and keeps dragging this up every 2 weeks.

but Vermeil has also gone public and taken shot at Johnson in the media

just stupid ... it reduces Johnsons trade value

Rausch
Now just HTF is this supposed to help us win today?...

NaptownChief

He has given it half hearted feable attempts but it is clear that DV is bitter towrads LJ and can't let it go. After they alledgedly handled it behind closed doors DV made the public diaper comment, still refuses to even give the kid a few carries in a game...And if we are seeing the bitterness from afar I can only imagine how he is treating him on a regular basis...If LJ is being treated poorly you can only imagine that LJ isn't going to have good things to say when asked about his situation.

4th and Long
10-24-2004, 11:04 AM

Both parties have handeled this badly, however, somone has to put an end to it. Hopefully calling LJ out in front of the team will do just that.

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2004, 11:05 AM
Sometimes Vermeil has me worried. He publicaly makes an a$$ out LJ, yet McCleon sucks, Hicks sucks and all he does is praise them.

Slayer Diablo
10-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Are we going to have the football version of the BRC now? Will Johnson make his new team win tons of Super Bowls while the Chiefs aren't able to win a single Super Bowl for over 60 years after his death? Damnit Dick!

Deberg_1990
10-24-2004, 11:19 AM
Are we going to have the football version of the BRC now? Will Johnson make his new team win tons of Super Bowls while the Chiefs aren't able to win a single Super Bowl for over 60 years after his death? Damnit Dick!

Thats my fear.....

ChiefGator
10-24-2004, 11:25 AM
I'm not going to comment on this crap, not sure what to think of it, to tell you the truth.

However.. this is why we need to suit up Johnson some time.

ATT YDS TD LG
P. Holmes 5 43 1 16
D. Blaylock 1 1 0 1
T. Richardson 1 1 0 1

I don't care that TRIch and Blaylock are averaging this year, but against a tough defense, neither can get it done. This is exactly the kind of game I would have liked to see LJ suited up for.

Mark

David.
10-24-2004, 11:45 AM
**** vermeil. I'm officially on the let's fire the old **** bandwagon.

PastorMikH
10-24-2004, 11:57 AM
This is all LJ's fault. If he hadn't been drafted and went to the Canadian or Arena League for DV to find, he wouldn't have been able to do any wrong in DV's eyes. Way to go LJ.

I gotta agree, regardless of what LJ is doing, DV is wrong in how he's handling it. How about letting LJ on the field and telling him to put up or shut up? But DV sure doesn't seem willing to do that. The way things are going, he's liable to turn into a Probowl and Hall of Famer for the Raiders all because DV wouldn't give him a chance.

If I were LJ, I'd be complaining too.

FWIW, how come DV is so upset with LJ but doesn't seem to mind that his boy McClown is THE BIGGEST and MOST GLARING weakspot on our D?

BTW, Carl is on record for liking LJ and speaking well of him. He needs to step in and tell his good ol' buddy to cut the crap with LJ.

Chief Roundup
10-24-2004, 12:05 PM

Yeah I seen that and you are taking it slightly out of context. Glazer said that DV did this in response to Larry Johnson going to the media again, this time because he wasn't traded he wants to talk about how bad our orginization is.
DV did handle this behind closed doors several times and still did. DV just didn't hide anything from the rest of the team. DV can't let this problem cause a problem between himself and the team. So by handling this the way he has the only person that is alienated from the team is LJ.

DV has taken the high road and still is. DV is not out in front of the media talking about how LJ can't even block a street FA in pass protection. Or so on......

Chief Roundup
10-24-2004, 12:15 PM
How about letting LJ on the field and telling him to put up or shut up?

FWIW, how come DV is so upset with LJ but doesn't seem to mind that his boy McClown is THE BIGGEST and MOST GLARING weakspot on our D?

BTW, Carl is on record for liking LJ and speaking well of him. He needs to step in and tell his good ol' buddy to cut the crap with LJ.

Whoa No way you do that because if LJ has success then you have created a monster that thinks if he shoots off at the mouth enough as long as he can play he will get whatever he is shooting his mouth off about just because he can play. Not to mention that LJ would get Green killed.

McCleon is not in the media running his mouth about anything he is just working. McCleon is making plenty of mistakes and all but why isn't our DC scheming and helping McCleon.

David.
10-24-2004, 12:24 PM
Yeah I seen that and you are taking it slightly out of context. Glazer said that DV did this in response to Larry Johnson going to the media again, this time because he wasn't traded he wants to talk about how bad our orginization is.
DV did handle this behind closed doors several times and still did. DV just didn't hide anything from the rest of the team. DV can't let this problem cause a problem between himself and the team. So by handling this the way he has the only person that is alienated from the team is LJ.

DV has taken the high road and still is. DV is not out in front of the media talking about how LJ can't even block a street FA in pass protection. Or so on......

DV has taken the high road!?!??! you're out of your ****ing mind. How is saying a player needs to take his diapers off to the media the "high road" Dv has lost it. You also NEVER alienate a player. Believe it or not, LJ is STILL a chief. You don't do that to your players.

David.
10-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Whoa No way you do that because if LJ has success then you have created a monster that thinks if he shoots off at the mouth enough as long as he can play he will get whatever he is shooting his mouth off about just because he can play. Not to mention that LJ would get Green killed.

McCleon is not in the media running his mouth about anything he is just working. McCleon is making plenty of mistakes and all but why isn't our DC scheming and helping McCleon.

yes...gee a chief player doing well would be awful for this organization. WTF? are you insane? And you know that LJ is a terrible blocker because you've seen him block so much this year right?.....oh wait.....no, no you haven't. Because DV is to stubborn to let a young player get on the friggin field.

Phobia
10-24-2004, 12:28 PM
DV has taken the high road!?!??! you're out of your ****ing mind. How is saying a player needs to take his diapers off to the media the "high road" Dv has lost it. You also NEVER alienate a player. Believe it or not, LJ is STILL a chief. You don't do that to your players.

Exactly. LJ is a KID. He's gonna make some mistakes. He doesn't know when to shutup, but he gets a pass for a couple reasons:
1. He's young.
2. You have a first round pick invested and Million$.

DV could have chosen a dozen different "roads" in handling this distraction, and the one he chose CERTAINLY isn't the "high road".

Shame on you, Dick Vermeil.
Shame on you, Carl Peterson.

Ultra Peanut
10-24-2004, 12:34 PM
I know we're up big time right now, but Dick is acting like such a petty little bitca.

Hel'n
10-24-2004, 12:35 PM

I agree. Not a good move at all...

Just trade his azz... don't trade insults...

Coach
10-24-2004, 12:46 PM

Looks like it's working or something.... 35-3 by halftime..

David.
10-24-2004, 12:46 PM

yes, I'm sure the roasting of larry johnson went far into helping this teams get a substantial lead on the falcons. I mean...it makes PERFECT sense.

Blitz
10-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Well, Dick is being...mmm..a DICK. You dont have to do that, everyone knows you didnt want Johnson, but what good is that going to do for us. Most likely, Priest will retire, then who's your starting....as much as i like Blaylock he is exactly what he is a backup, LJ has potential, so why dont u let him play so he can gets some touches under his belt. btw, the job ur doing this year...it should be your ass that gone out of KC.

Pants
10-24-2004, 12:54 PM
If we keep scoring like this, I'm sure LJ will get to play.

And, wow WTF is with all the DV bashing. He is an awesome coach, why are you doubting him. You guys have absolutely no ****ing idea about what goes on inside that organization, why are you mouthing off?

keg in kc
10-24-2004, 12:58 PM
I've got no problem with it at all. If he'd have done it in front of the cameras that would be something different, but I see this like a family taking care of a squabble.

Hey, special teams showing just how "special" they really are.

Although I did get a chuckle out of the color guy saying how Atlanta was right back in it that fast.

Down 25 is right back in it?

David.
10-24-2004, 12:58 PM
If we keep scoring like this, I'm sure LJ will get to play.

And, wow WTF is with all the DV bashing. He is an awesome coach, why are you doubting him. You guys have absolutely no ****ing idea about what goes on inside that organization, why are you mouthing off?

Awesome coach or not, the way he has handled this is stupid. I honestly think DV has lost his ability to run a team.

Phobia
10-24-2004, 01:01 PM
You guys have absolutely no ****ing idea about what goes on inside that organization, why are you mouthing off?

No idea? That's a pretty bold statement. I'd say I have a pretty good idea what goes on.... Certainly, I don't know everything, but there are several people on this board who do have contacts inside the organization.

DV and CP's relationship is extremely stressed over this and other personnel moves. They aren't the great friends the media portrays them to be no matter how many times you hear that on the TV or radio.

Logical
10-24-2004, 01:02 PM

Shhh don't tell anyone but I bought DV a bottle of fine wine and asked him to keep LJ down to screw over Carl for screwing the Chiefs by drafting LJ.

Best bottle of wine I ever bought.:thumb:

Rausch
10-24-2004, 01:15 PM

Well then....

BEAT HIM LIKE A RED HEADED STEPCHILD!!!

Eleazar
10-24-2004, 01:44 PM
LJ has been being a baby, but at the same time, I can see why he might be frustrated.

He was a Heisman candidate, and like any kid playing football on the playground dreamed of being a running back in the NFL probably. Then he gets drafted to ride pine behind the best running back in the league, because of a dumbass GM who couldn't pull a good draft out of a tap down at the Arrowhead club. They won't trade him, he's just getting older and rotting.

I mean, the guy is making a hell of a lot of money, and yeah he should shut up and be a team player, but still, I don't blame him for being frustrated with the whole situation.

Pants
10-24-2004, 01:47 PM
LJ has been being a baby, but at the same time, I can see why he might be frustrated.

He was a Heisman candidate, and like any kid playing football on the playground dreamed of being a running back in the NFL probably. Then he gets drafted to ride pine behind the best running back in the league, because of a dumbass GM who couldn't pull a good draft out of a tap down at the Arrowhead club. They won't trade him, he's just getting older and rotting.

I mean, the guy is making a hell of a lot of money, and yeah he should shut up and be a team player, but still, I don't blame him for being frustrated with the whole situation.

Just wanted to remind you that Priest was injured at the time Diaper Boy was drafted.

Frazod
10-24-2004, 01:50 PM
Vermeil is STILL nuking Johnson. I can't imagine how pissed he must be to not put Johnson in such a monstrous blowout.

PastorMikH
10-24-2004, 01:55 PM
Vermeil is STILL nuking Johnson. I can't imagine how pissed he must be to not put Johnson in such a monstrous blowout.

Johnson is inactive for the day. 'Course I think that could be argued on DV too. Too bad LJ can't be in there though.

Blitz
10-24-2004, 02:10 PM
maybe he will end up like priest and leave us and find his own version of the kansas city chiefs

Logical
10-24-2004, 02:12 PM
Johnson is inactive for the day. 'Course I think that could be argued on DV too. Too bad LJ can't be in there though.

Yeah too bad.:shake: ROFLROFLROFL

Skip Towne
10-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Shhh don't tell anyone but I bought DV a bottle of fine wine and asked him to keep LJ down to screw over Carl for screwing the Chiefs by drafting LJ.

Best bottle of wine I ever bought.:thumb:
I figured you were in on it.

blsilks
10-24-2004, 02:36 PM
Priest Holmes sat his ass on the sidelines for several years in baltimore and he didn't become a winey bitch. Larry Johnson needs to stop running his mouth and learn what he can in KC. He only has a chance to work with one of the best running backs and offensive line in NFL history. A good running back knows patience and he certainly needs to learn it while he is here in KC. Once his contract his up, he can take what he learned and go somewhere else if hes not happy.

Logical
10-24-2004, 02:38 PM
Priest Holmes sat his ass on the sidelines for several years in baltimore and he didn't become a winey bitch. Larry Johnson needs to stop running his mouth and learn what he can in KC. He only has a chance to work with one of the best running backs and offensive line in NFL history. A good running back knows patience and he certainly needs to learn it while he is here in KC. Once his contract his up, he can take what he learned and go somewhere else if hes not happy.
Good point, cept Priest really did not sit like LJ is doing.

Deberg_1990
10-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Good point, cept Priest really did not sit like LJ is doing.

Yea...Priest did have a 1000 yard season back in 1998

Ultra Peanut
10-24-2004, 02:47 PM
Year Team G GS Att Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ FD
1997 Baltimore Ravens 7 0 0 0 --- 0 0 0 0
1998 Baltimore Ravens 16 13 233 1008 4.3 56 7 5 54
1999 Baltimore Ravens 9 4 89 506 5.7 72 1 3 20
2000 Baltimore Ravens 16 2 137 588 4.3 21 2 2 38

Logical
10-24-2004, 03:08 PM
You obviously don't know anything about coaching football.No response, that David is quick.:shake:

Ultra Peanut
10-24-2004, 03:09 PM
Drop and give me 34,974, scumbag!

David.
10-24-2004, 03:09 PM
You obviously don't know anything about coaching football.

well, no I don't. :shrug: But how would it help?

David.
10-24-2004, 03:10 PM
No response, that David is quick.:shake:

huh?

Logical
Drop and give me 34,974, scumbag!:)

Ultra Peanut
At ease, scumbag!

Logical
huh?Up to snuff, I see.ROFL

dtebbe
10-24-2004, 03:17 PM
Ater Blaylock's performance today, I think the writing is on the wall with regards to LJ.

DT

Nightfyre
10-24-2004, 03:20 PM
I think calling LJ in public was the right thing to do. Show your team that it is inappropriate to do what he did, and that the consequence will be a benching. I think it helps team chemistry by making everyone keep their negativity to themselves. It also would show that bitching isnt gonna get you what you want. I think it would help.

Pants
10-24-2004, 03:23 PM
OMFG WAt!!~~~?one11!? NO, bcuz LJ is teh besttest RB evAr!!! Vermiels is stupud fro evar doubtign HIM!!!11~~~1~!!!

bringbackmarty
10-24-2004, 03:28 PM
No david, you can make an example out of a bad player, but if you beat your wife, you go to hell. D.V. didn't need any of his shit to begin with, then he starts up with the trade shit when we are losing. Vermeil wastes a whole bunch of his time to coddle a player we don't even need. Then Johnson pulls this shit again. It was time to light somebody's ass up, and Vermeil did it, then benched him behind Trich as the fourth of fifth halfback. I probably would have dispensed with the list shit, but he is a lists kind of guy. As far as his trade value, he has none. He lost it when he beat his wife. Put him on the practice squad and the release him when the season is up. Larry Johnson's problem isn't Vermeil, it's his agent, and himself. Vermeil did this as a message to some of our younger players, Parker, Allen, Siavii, Fujita. He sent a message if you go against the team when we are down, you are out. Look at the final score today. Message recieved.

David.
10-24-2004, 03:29 PM
he beat his wife?

Pants
10-24-2004, 03:31 PM
No david, you can make an example out of a bad player, but if you beat your wife, you go to hell. D.V. didn't need any of his shit to begin with, then he starts up with the trade shit when we are losing. Vermeil wastes a whole bunch of his time to coddle a player we don't even need. Then Johnson pulls this shit again. It was time to light somebody's ass up, and Vermeil did it, then benched him behind Trich as the fourth of fifth halfback. I probably would have dispensed with the list shit, but he is a lists kind of guy. As far as his trade value, he has none. He lost it when he beat his wife. Put him on the practice squad and the release him when the season is up. Larry Johnson's problem isn't Vermeil, it's his agent, and himself. Vermeil did this as a message to some of our younger players, Parker, Allen, Siavii, Fujita. He sent a message if you go against the team when we are down, you are out. Look at the final score today. Message recieved.

Holy Lord. Rep. Best post today.

Logical
10-24-2004, 03:31 PM
he beat his wife?Actually former girlfriend.

David.
10-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Actually former girlfriend.

that's news to me.

David.
10-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Holy Lord. Rep. Best post today.

then why did DV say he'd have given LJ 15 carries today if it weren't for the ridiculous 46 man active rule??

David.
10-24-2004, 03:33 PM
shit, I quoted the wrong post :banghead:

Logical
10-24-2004, 03:34 PM
that's news to me.He was arrested for it last year in Johnson County. I never heard the result of the case.

David.
10-24-2004, 03:36 PM
He was arrested for it last year in Johnson County. I never heard the result of the case.

eh, I never said he wasn't a dick. I just think he could be a good player. Unfortunately it will be for someone else. It just seems like a huge waste and a complete cluster**** by our management.

Brock
10-24-2004, 03:39 PM

Very good.

David.
10-24-2004, 03:42 PM
how did I miss this whole story?

Brock
10-24-2004, 03:43 PM

It probably happened before you became a Chiefs fan.

David.
10-24-2004, 03:44 PM
It probably happened before you became a Chiefs fan.

doubtful. I've been a chiefs fan since I was 6. Nice shot though

bringbackmarty
10-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Pretty sure she dropped the charges in exchange for some of lj's hard earned cash. It doesn't matter the guy is a cancer, and to beat your girlfriend, during your first season? Does that fit Vermeil's profile? Sounds like Lawrence Phillips all over again. So Dick is a little sensitive when it comes to getting some guff from the running back. Look at his track record. Montgomery then Faulk, Plucked from free agency, great back, Holmes even better. It's also not like he really should have expected the job to be handed to him. He was hired to back up priest, and I am assuming as a negotiating tool for Carl. His agent should have given him some better advice. along the lines of, " you aren't going to play a whole lot for two or three years so do the best you can and don't **** up, and we will see if we can trade you after two seasons with the chiefs. Or there should have been a pt guarantee of some kind, or a trade clause if he is underutilized. There are so many better, more productive ways to get what he wants, but he chose the bitch route. Now he will be benched and on the street.

Earthling
10-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Well the situation is definetly a mess...Handled poorly by DV, and a complete waste of a 1st round pick.

David.
10-24-2004, 03:52 PM
Pretty sure she dropped the charges in exchange for some of lj's hard earned cash. It doesn't matter the guy is a cancer, and to beat your girlfriend, during your first season? Does that fit Vermeil's profile? Sounds like Lawrence Phillips all over again. So Dick is a little sensitive when it comes to getting some guff from the running back. Look at his track record. Montgomery then Faulk, Plucked from free agency, great back, Holmes even better. It's also not like he really should have expected the job to be handed to him. He was hired to back up priest, and I am assuming as a negotiating tool for Carl. His agent should have given him some better advice. along the lines of, " you aren't going to play a whole lot for two or three years so do the best you can and don't **** up, and we will see if we can trade you after two seasons with the chiefs. Or there should have been a pt guarantee of some kind, or a trade clause if he is underutilized. There are so many better, more productive ways to get what he wants, but he chose the bitch route. Now he will be benched and on the street.

on the street? Unlikely

bringbackmarty
10-24-2004, 03:54 PM
It's already been mentioned... but, LJ ain't married. Good Lord... if you're gonna go on a tirade take the time to get your f*cking facts straight, retard.

Vlad... don't hold me to this, but as I recall he plead no contest or some such nonsense. Got some community service and had to go to anger classes, or domestic abuse classes, or cat grooming classes... something like that.

Of course the female in question was a nutty ex-gf from Penn... who HE had called the cops on more than once when he was still there. Then she shows up at his doorstep in JoCo unexpectedly one day? I'm sure he made some bad judgements that day, but in the words of Chris Rock.. "I understand"
No need to get personal by calling me retard, as I remember, she was living with him. Who cares if he was married to her or not, my point still stands. He obviously brings a bad element with him wherever he goes.

bringbackmarty
10-24-2004, 03:58 PM
Okay they weren't living together, he did allegedly assault her and hold a gun to her head. Not a player I want on my team.

Logical
10-24-2004, 04:02 PM
It probably happened before you became a Chiefs fan.I don't think I have ever given you rep before. That streak is over.:clap:

Skip Towne
10-24-2004, 04:06 PM
We've been keeping it secret from the MUrons.

David.
10-24-2004, 04:09 PM
bastards :shake: :)

redsurfer11
10-24-2004, 09:03 PM
Can't trade a player who has no game expereience. The coaching staff should start throwing a few sets at him. If he succeeds, he should start to earn extra playing time. I don't think he is a wasted pick But his talent is unknown and he should get some exposure. It would end the uproar and help team unity. Give Larry Johnson the Damn Ball. Put up or shut up.

Mosbonian
10-24-2004, 09:26 PM
IMO LJ should just.....well hell, most of you know how I feel about LJ and his whiny tactics.....

As for DV's handling of this....I'm not as upset that he called him out this way considering that LJ has "gone press" with all of his issues.

AND......if LJ really had some trade value there were several teams in REAL need of a RB...they would have come after him, not trying every other unemployed RB under the age of 36...

mmaddog

Sure-Oz
10-24-2004, 09:28 PM
I am not going to bother arguing about LJ and Blaylock anymore, it's really a waste of my time and my posts. If he gets in cool, if not oh the fvck well, I pretty much am cutting my losses with him now. If he ends up playing and is successful i'll take it as a bonus.

Inspector
10-24-2004, 09:37 PM
I would just like to see everyone (LJ and Dick) do what's best for the team.

Too bad it worked out this way. Would have been great to give LJ the ball a few times and get a lot of interest from other teams - or know that we had a great RBOTF just waiting his turn.

But nooooooo, just couldn't have that now could we???

:banghead:

Nightfyre
10-24-2004, 09:38 PM
I would just like to see everyone (LJ and Dick) do what's best for the team.

Too bad it worked out this way. Would have been great to give LJ the ball a few times and get a lot of interest from other teams - or know that we had a great RBOTF just waiting his turn.

But nooooooo, just couldn't have that now could we???

of course not! its the chiefs were talking about.

David.
10-24-2004, 09:39 PM
I am not going to bother arguing about LJ and Blaylock anymore, it's really a waste of my time and my posts. If he gets in cool if not oh the fvck well, I pretty much am cutting my loses with him now. If he ends up playing and is successful i'll take it as a bonus.

me too, I'm done with it. It completely bores me at this point.

Tribal Warfare
10-24-2004, 10:14 PM
This isn't Larry Johnson or Vermeil's fault. It's King Carl's, for drafting a uneeded RB in the 1st round for leverage on the Holmes contract negotiations.

Pants
10-24-2004, 10:32 PM
This isn't Larry Johnson or Vermeil's fault. It's King Carl's, for drafting a uneeded RB in the 1st round for leverage on the Holmes contract negotiations.

ONCE AGAIN, Holmes was injured at the time LJ was drafted. When will you people understand this.

Logical
10-24-2004, 10:51 PM
This isn't Larry Johnson or Vermeil's fault. It's King Carl's, for drafting a uneeded RB in the 1st round for leverage on the Holmes contract negotiations.Now this is a logical post. Congratulations for possibly the best post in this thread.:clap:

huskerdooz
10-24-2004, 10:56 PM

Just a guess, but I'm thinking it didn't have much of a negative impact.

BigRedChief
10-24-2004, 11:07 PM
I find this story hard to believe. And if it is true.

Shame on you Dick Vermiel.:shake:

Manila-Chief
10-24-2004, 11:32 PM
I haven't read all of this thread, so sorry if this is a repeat.

But, you guys are assuming LJ is great... maybe he is but if a 1st. round guy can't beat out a fringe RB, then just maybe he is not as good as he thinks he it???

Remember that Kingless' draft picks don't always turn out to be blue ribbon picks!!!

He may not be as good as he thinks he is. Yes, we have Priest and that influences things ... but I would rather trust the coaching staff for who will be 2nd. string .... sometimes those of us who are fans get it into our minds that a player is great ... only to have him wash out.

At this point I'll trust D.V. and the coaches!!! It's their jobs on the line!!!!!

chiefsfan1963
10-25-2004, 01:17 AM
this is an easy one. priest and blaylock will play until they can't then LJ will get his chance. last time i checked that's how it works in the nfl. it's like the sun comes up in the morning and goes down at night.

am i missing something here? priest is the best RB chiefs have ever had, and lj can't beat out blaylock during practice so that's why he's our third string rb. what's the big deal.

jeez, a rb's career is short for the most part. lj may be showing his stuff for us in no time. lj is just a baby! he's just got to be patient and mature.

Xtrahot
10-25-2004, 02:01 AM
Hold on a minute. Are we talking about the same couching staff that would just as well abandon the running game and had Priest do spot duty when he was just signed to assess RB talent? Hmmmmm........

I don't see how letting the boy be active (unless he is that bad of a special teams player) on game day and letting him have some carries is going to hurt the team. At least the same couching staff that was and still is sometimes unwilling to put the game in Priest's hands will know what kind of player LJ is.

BigRedChief
10-25-2004, 06:33 AM
ONCE AGAIN, Holmes was injured at the time LJ was drafted. When will you people understand this.

When will you understand that DV and King Carl have said on numerous occasions that they knew that Priest's hip was going to be fine when they drafted LJ. He was picked because he was the best available at the time according to DV and King Carl.

blsilks
10-25-2004, 07:43 AM
Maybe we should have traded Johnson off to some other team for a 6th round draft pick and that way we could have taken his money and gave Tait a pay raise.

jspchief
10-25-2004, 10:41 AM
LJ shoud have been getting garbage time carries in the Atlanta game. Vermeil can cry all he wants about the 46 man rule, but every team follows the same rules, and I'll bet that better than 50% dressed more than two RBs.

If he's not making the active list on Sundays because he truly sucks that bad, why are we paying him?

Anyone that thinks LJ will be our RB when Priest and/or Blaylock are gone is smoking crack. Maybe he is a malcontent pussy crybaby, but he's a waste of money and roster spots with the way we're using him. He's now officially the biggest bust of the 2003 draft.

KingPriest2
10-25-2004, 10:45 AM
I'm not going to comment on this crap, not sure what to think of it, to tell you the truth.

However.. this is why we need to suit up Johnson some time.

ATT YDS TD LG
P. Holmes 5 43 1 16
D. Blaylock 1 1 0 1
T. Richardson 1 1 0 1

I don't care that TRIch and Blaylock are averaging this year, but against a tough defense, neither can get it done. This is exactly the kind of game I would have liked to see LJ suited up for.

Mark

This is one of the dumbest remarks I have ever read. Not getting it done? Christ they had one carry each up til this point. Now after the fact you must feel bad considering what DBlaylock did.

KingPriest2
10-25-2004, 10:53 AM

HMm maybe it is becuase Priest was a undrafted FA and LJ is a first rounder.

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 11:13 AM
Believe it or not, LJ is STILL a chief. You don't do that to your players.

It's quite simple -- Larry Johnson is NOT one of Vermei's players.

Vermeil has made it quite obvious that he plays favorites.

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Not to mention that LJ would get Green killed.

:hmmm:

Vermeil's OWN COMMENTS during TC would refute that silly idea.

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 11:18 AM
I haven't read all of this thread, so sorry if this is a repeat.

But, you guys are assuming LJ is great... maybe he is but if a 1st. round guy can't beat out a fringe RB, then just maybe he is not as good as he thinks he it???

Remember that Kingless' draft picks don't always turn out to be blue ribbon picks!!!

He may not be as good as he thinks he is. Yes, we have Priest and that influences things ... but I would rather trust the coaching staff for who will be 2nd. string .... sometimes those of us who are fans get it into our minds that a player is great ... only to have him wash out.

At this point I'll trust D.V. and the coaches!!! It's their jobs on the line!!!!!

1) We don't KNOW that Blaylock beat LJ out because of merit, or because DV doesn't like LJ. I know everybody wants to assume that the NFL, like life, is fair. But the fact is -- it isn't. Blaylock was one of Vermeil's PRIZE picks, he didn't want LJ. I GUARANTEE that has alot to do with the current depth chart.

2) NOBODY'S jobs are on the line. Get ****ing real. If their jobs were really on the line, they would have been fired for their assinine playcalling that lead directly to at least 2 losses this season.

BIG_DADDY
10-25-2004, 11:18 AM
It's quite simple -- Larry Johnson is NOT one of Vermei's players.

Vermeil has made it quite obvious that he plays favorites.

Keep beating him up DV and he will have absolutely NO trade value.

Gaz
10-25-2004, 11:22 AM
...I GUARANTEE that has alot to do with the current depth chart...

[dripping sarcasm]Well, I’m convinced.[/dripping sarcasm]

xoxo~
Gaz
Not all that impressed with this GUARANTEE.

jspchief
10-25-2004, 11:27 AM
All I know is that yesterday we had a perfect opportunity to develop a young prospect in a real game situation. But we couldn't because LJ didn't even dress (for the 16th time in 22 games).

If he is really so bad that he can't even get on the sideline, why are we paying him?

Lzen
10-25-2004, 11:27 AM
I haven't read this whole thread so if this has been mentioned already, my bad. The guys on KCFX yesterday were saying that the reason LJ was not suited up is because he doesn't contribute on special teams. If he could play special teams, he would probably suit up on game days. I know he can be a returner but, I'm sure they were talking about blocking on returns and coverage on kickoffs and punts.

Chiefnj
10-25-2004, 11:32 AM
The whole DV/LJ fiasco has grown old very quickly. He'll be traded right before the 2005 draft.

For those keeping track, Keenan had 5 receptions for 65 yards yesterday in his first game as a Charger. So much for the "he won't be able to contribute for weeks" mantra.

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 11:32 AM
I haven't read this whole thread so if this has been mentioned already, my bad. The guys on KCFX yesterday were saying that the reason LJ was not suited up is because he doesn't contribute on special teams. If he could play special teams, he would probably suit up on game days. I know he can be a returner but, I'm sure they were talking about blocking on returns and coverage on kickoffs and punts.

LJ contributed on special teams in the Baltimore game as a blocker/tackler.

I remember it distinctly because Madden called attention to it.

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 11:34 AM
The whole DV/LJ fiasco has grown old very quickly. He'll be traded right before the 2005 draft.

For those keeping track, Keenan had 5 receptions for 65 yards yesterday in his first game as a Charger. So much for the "he won't be able to contribute for weeks" mantra.

The "our system is too hard, it will take weeks" excuse was always BS...I think even the proponents knew it and just didn't want to accept it...

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 11:35 AM
[dripping sarcasm]Well, I’m convinced.[/dripping sarcasm]

xoxo~
Gaz
Not all that impressed with this GUARANTEE.

Care to provide evidence to the contrary?

Rukdafaidas
10-25-2004, 11:37 AM
Fug Leon Johnson, I have no respect for him. He can't even grasp the idea that he's not going to get much playing time behind one of the NFL's elite players as a rookie. He's done NOTHING but be a cancer to this team.
Why isn't Leon active on gamedays? Because he's not as good as Priest running the ball and he's not as good as Blaylock on special teams. Blaylock was one of the biggest keys in Dante's returns last year. If you saw Dante's special on ESPN last year, he said Blaylock is his key.
If one of your employees bad mouthed you every week, would you give him/her a promotion? Have you ever heard any present or former DV player say a bad thing about him? As far as the diaper comment goes, I feel it was blown way out of proportion. I feel that DV would have said that same comment about any untested, young Chief player. If another coach, such as Parcells, would have made the diaper comment, it probably wouldn't have even made the paper.
At this point, I wouldn't mind if the Chiefs just cut Leon to get him out of the locker room.

Gaz
10-25-2004, 11:38 AM
Care to provide evidence to the contrary?

You clearly do not comprehend the meaning of the word “GUARANTEE.”

You GUARANTEED that your statement was fact. The onus is therefore on YOU to prove your statement.

Do so, please.

xoxo~
Gaz
Waiting to be impressed.

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 11:43 AM
You clearly do not comprehend the meaning of the word “GUARANTEE.”

You GUARANTEED that your statement was fact. The onus is therefore on YOU to prove your statement.

Do so, please.

xoxo~
Gaz
Waiting to be impressed.

Ample evidence has been available for quite some time -- most of it has been discussed ad infinitum here and other places.

Yes, I guaranteed my statement as fact. I've presented the above evidence as proof of such.

You believing it or not is of little consequence to me as you've provided no evidence to the contrary. Until you do, you're disagreeing to be disagreeable and nothing more.

Gaz
10-25-2004, 11:46 AM
Opinion is not evidence.

Accusations of favoritism is not evidence.

I am still waiting for evidence that makes your GUARANTEE valid.

xoxo~
Gaz
Expects to be waiting for a long, long time.

Logical
10-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Watching from the sideline is fun too.

thks Gaz-Parker

jspchief
10-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Antonio Bryant: 2 receptions for 25 yards
Quincy Morgan: 4 receptions for 76 yards

But WRs can't just come in and contribute in three days.

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 11:52 AM
Opinion is not evidence.

Accusations of favoritism is not evidence.

I am still waiting for evidence that makes your GUARANTEE valid.

xoxo~
Gaz
Expects to be waiting for a long, long time.

Keeping Greg Robinson because he's a "good friend" despite the fact that our defense was near dead last in the league 2 years running IS evidence. That's one of a couple dozen examples of DV's "loyalty" over the last 4 years.

I realize what the word guarantee means and I used it for emphasis.

My position is backed by a profuse amount of evidence, no matter how circumstancial.

Your position is backed by nothing other than the want to object.

penchief
10-25-2004, 11:53 AM
I fault both parties but Vermeil is the adult in this case. As coach of a football team he has the responsibility of utilizing the talents of his players. Johnson has skills that would clearly be an asset to this team. The unwillingness to put him in situations that take advantage of those unique skills is the failure of the coaching staff.

Unfortunately, Vermeil's unwillingness to encourage and nurture a rookie talent has not only stunted Johnson's growth it has also hurt the team by not taking advantage of the mismatches that could be created by working Johnson into situations that take advantage of those skills.

Vermeil is responsible, IMO, for creating a lose/lose situation out of what could easily have been a win/win for both parties.

It is going to suck for Chief fans when LJ is breaking long runs for the Raiders.

Gaz
10-25-2004, 12:00 PM
htismaqe-

You miscomprehend me.

I have no “position” on Johnson. I have no idea why he is not on the field. I hear Vermeil’s explanations and have the same questions as everyone else.

My only true “position” is that your GUARANTEE is completely worthless without some sort of proof. You have none. At least none you have bothered to share with us. Thus, your GUARANTEE is not worth the electrons it is printed on.

The fact that you consider admittedly-circumstantial “evidence” as support for your vaporware GUARANTEE amply illustrates the value of said GUARANTEE.

None.

xoxo~
Gaz
Still waiting.

ROYC75
10-25-2004, 12:02 PM
HMm maybe it is becuase Priest was a undrafted FA and LJ is a first rounder.

Being a cry baby or mature has nothing do with being drafted on undrafted,but does speak about the charcter of the person (s) in question.

This whole ordeal is/ was handled wrong by both parties. The image of the Chiefs orginazation is at hand.

jspchief
10-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Why isn't Leon active on gamedays? Because he's not as good as Priest running the ball and he's not as good as Blaylock on special teams.

WRONG. He's not competing for Blaylock's spot on ST, he's competing for Omar Easy's spot.

Since it's already established that Blayock is the better RB according to the talent guru that is "Holmes isn't an every down back" Vermeil, then LJ isn't competing for Blaylock's spot. So where do we find room on the roster? Only one team on Sunday dressed less than four RB/FB. It's fair to say that the typical NFL Sunday roster contains four. That gives us Holmes and Richardson, then Blaylock as Holmes back-up, then the remaining spot goes to Easy or LJ. Of the 24 teams that played on Sunday, seven of those teams carried two FBs. Of those seven three still carried three RBs also. So teams appear to value RB over FB for that fourth spot. We buck the trend.

Can you honestly say that Omar Easy is more likely to impact a game than Larry Johnson?

Straight, No Chaser
10-25-2004, 12:06 PM
I fault both parties but Vermeil is the adult in this case. As coach of a football team he has the responsibility of utilizing the talents of his players. Johnson has skills that would clearly be an asset to this team. The unwillingness to put him in situations that take advantage of those unique skills is the failure of the coaching staff.

Unfortunately, Vermeil's unwillingness to encourage and nurture a rookie talent has not only stunted Johnson's growth it has also hurt the team by not taking advantage of the mismatches that could be created by working Johnson into situations that take advantage of those skills.

Vermeil is responsible, IMO, for creating a lose/lose situation out of what could easily have been a win/win for both parties.

It is going to suck for Chief fans when LJ is breaking long runs for the Raiders.

Amazingly pretentious statement. Unless you're a fly on the locker room wall HTF do you know about "Vermiel's unwillingness"?

Given what occured yesterday when Blaylock was given the carries, it should be evident to all who watched that LJ is 3rd on the depth chart.

Vermiel has coached through many "incidents" and probably expects LJ to behave like anyone else who's third on the depth chart. Going public with whiny complaints is probably not one of them.

---->

chiefz
10-25-2004, 12:06 PM
Wow, I see threads about LJ turn out about the same way everywhere else as they do on my site... lol

Gaz
10-25-2004, 12:10 PM
Wow, I see threads about LJ turn out about the same way everywhere else as they do on my site... lol

Yeah, telepathic fans are everywhere.

xoxo~
Gaz
Headblind.

penchief
10-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Being a cry baby or mature has nothing do with being drafted on undrafted,but does speak about the charcter of the person (s) in question.

This whole ordeal is/ was handled wrong by both parties. The image of the Chiefs orginazation is at hand.

I confess that I have not kept up with everything that has come out of Vermeil's mouth or LJ's mouth concerning this situation. However, in fairness, what has anybody heard directly from Johnson that would indicate that he is the huge crybaby that he has been portrayed to be?

The only negative thing that I have heard from Johnson, is the (I'm paraphrasing here), "Confront me like a man," comment to the media but directed toward Vermeil. I have not heard anything from Johnson's mouth that would indicate that any of this is anything but innuendo.

Frankly, without more firsthand evidence the entire situation is a huge mystery to me. What is not in doubt to me, however, is Johnson's running ability.

chiefz
10-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Yeah, telepathic fans are everywhere.

xoxo~
Gaz
Headblind.

Prior to the trade deadline you could just mention his name in a thread and it would turn into a 20 page thread about how we need to trade him for anything we could get in a matter of hours... :)

Chiefnj
10-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Countdown to banning 3..2...1...

Gaz
10-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Prior to the trade deadline you could just mention his name in a thread on chiefzhuddle and it would turn into a 20 page thread about how we need to trade him for anything we could get in a matter of hours...

Nothing like that ever happened here.

Really.

No, really.

xoxo~
Gaz
Trying to protect the Planet’s already-shaky reputation.

penchief
10-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Amazingly pretentious statement. Unless you're a fly on the locker room wall HTF do you know about "Vermiel's unwillingness"?

Given what occured yesterday when Blaylock was given the carries, it should be evident to all who watched that LJ is 3rd on the depth chart.

Vermiel has coached through many "incidents" and probably expects LJ to behave like anyone else who's third on the depth chart. Going public with whiny complaints is probably not one of them.

---->

Read my next post. What is pretentious, IMO, is for everyone to jump on the "Johnson is a crybaby" bandwagon without first-hand evidence. I'm not saying it isn't true but who really knows?

Right now it is, "he said, she said," and we really don't know who is the he and who is the she.

Not only that, but it seems like Vermeil is the only one talking.

Rukdafaidas
10-25-2004, 12:22 PM
WRONG. He's not competing for Blaylock's spot on ST, he's competing for Omar Easy's spot.

Since it's already established that Blayock is the better RB according to the talent guru that is "Holmes isn't an every down back" Vermeil, then LJ isn't competing for Blaylock's spot. So where do we find room on the roster? Only one team on Sunday dressed less than four RB/FB. It's fair to say that the typical NFL Sunday roster contains four. That gives us Holmes and Richardson, then Blaylock as Holmes back-up, then the remaining spot goes to Easy or LJ. Of the 24 teams that played on Sunday, seven of those teams carried two FBs. Of those seven three still carried three RBs also. So teams appear to value RB over FB for that fourth spot. We buck the trend.

Can you honestly say that Omar Easy is more likely to impact a game than Larry Johnson?
Everyone is competing for a spot on the active roster. If you want to use Omar as the competitor, lets go with it. Can you say that LJ is better on special teams than Easy? Would you admit that the FB position is key for the Chiefs offense? Who fills in for Tony Richardson if he gets hurt?

chiefz
10-25-2004, 12:28 PM

Honestly both LJ and the Chiefs org has handled this wrong.

It has really been blown way out of proportion.

At this rate I am not sure LJ will ever see any playing time with the Chiefs under the current administration because he just can't seem to keep his mouth shut and draw that first round paycheck.

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 12:38 PM

---->

For someone who is questioning the pretense of someone else's statement, you sure are making alot of assumptions.

You're comparing Blaylock's accomplishments on the field yesterday to a guy who's NEVER HAD A CHANCE in a similar situation to prove whether or not he's as good or better.

jspchief
10-25-2004, 12:42 PM
Everyone is competing for a spot on the active roster. If you want to use Omar as the competitor, lets go with it. Can you say that LJ is better on special teams than Easy? Would you admit that the FB position is key for the Chiefs offense? Who fills in for Tony Richardson if he gets hurt?My answer to this is in a thread I started with a poll about LJ or Easy. Rather than retype the entire thing, I'll refer you to it.

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 12:45 PM
htismaqe-

You miscomprehend me.

I have no “position” on Johnson. I have no idea why he is not on the field. I hear Vermeil’s explanations and have the same questions as everyone else.

My only true “position” is that your GUARANTEE is completely worthless without some sort of proof. You have none. At least none you have bothered to share with us. Thus, your GUARANTEE is not worth the electrons it is printed on.

The fact that you consider admittedly-circumstantial “evidence” as support for your vaporware GUARANTEE amply illustrates the value of said GUARANTEE.

None.

xoxo~
Gaz
Still waiting.

I don't really feel like getting into a big fight about this, but this bugs me.

guar·an·tee ( P ) Pronunciation Key (grn-t)
tr.v. guar·an·teed, guar·an·tee·ing, guar·an·tees
To assume responsibility for the debt, default, or miscarriage of.
To assume responsibility for the quality or performance of: guarantee a product.
To undertake to do, accomplish, or ensure (something) for another: guaranteed to free the captives; guarantees freedom of speech.
To make certain: The rain guarantees a good crop this year.
To furnish security for.
To express or declare with conviction: I guarantee that you'll like this book.

My evidence is no more or less valid than any of the other stuff being slung around here -- that Johnson can't block, that Johnson isn't as good as Blaylock.

The simple fact here is that nobody other than the coaches themselves no what is going on in this situation.

I have chosen to believe, based on STRONG circumstancial evidence, that DV is stubborn and loyal to a fault. I'm willing to level such a guarantee because I'm certain that a good many here will agree with me. You choose not to agree. I'm fine with that.

Calcountry
10-25-2004, 12:46 PM
He has given it half hearted feable attempts but it is clear that DV is bitter towrads LJ and can't let it go. After they alledgedly handled it behind closed doors DV made the public diaper comment, still refuses to even give the kid a few carries in a game...And if we are seeing the bitterness from afar I can only imagine how he is treating him on a regular basis...If LJ is being treated poorly you can only imagine that LJ isn't going to have good things to say when asked about his situation.
This is a he said he said, and in that deal you go with the coach. Right or wrong, there is still a chain of command, and Gdammit the little prick out to grow up and realize, HE IS NOT THE COACH, nor is he the team as was proved yesterday. Fuggin Blaylock scored behind that animal o line yesterday. LJ could have been getting his as well, but he won't buy into the deal. LJ needs to be fuggin dealt with the way meshawn was. Fug, at least he was a starter. LJ hasn't even proven he can play in this league yet.

What a puss.

chiefsfan1963
10-25-2004, 12:47 PM
all this talk will be moot. lj may be suiting up next Sunday if priest's ankle needs rest. it's a long season. i still think lj will get his chance. lj may have talent, but priest and blaylock are #1 and #2 respectively. i personally feel that lj is a bit of baby. priest and blaylock have paid their dues and let their work ethic and performance do their talking. Vermeil is the boss. lj should count his lucky charms that Lombardi isn't the HC.

personally i think lj has handled it poorly and the media has exploited it in good measure.

Calcountry
10-25-2004, 12:49 PM
This is all LJ's fault. If he hadn't been drafted and went to the Canadian or Arena League for DV to find, he wouldn't have been able to do any wrong in DV's eyes. Way to go LJ.

I gotta agree, regardless of what LJ is doing, DV is wrong in how he's handling it. How about letting LJ on the field and telling him to put up or shut up? But DV sure doesn't seem willing to do that. The way things are going, he's liable to turn into a Probowl and Hall of Famer for the Raiders all because DV wouldn't give him a chance.

If I were LJ, I'd be complaining too.

What a better way for a disgruntled pro player to get even with his coach, to go out and fumble away a game and say, ooops, I'm sorry.

Then the coach gets fired. I don't buy into this love the player crap. sorry.

Calcountry
10-25-2004, 12:50 PM

I am going to make a prediction. LJ is a has been already.

Calcountry
10-25-2004, 12:51 PM
LJ is not a player, he is a pussy, right now he is a pussy.

BigRedChief
10-25-2004, 12:54 PM
I am going to make a prediction. LJ is a has been already.

And in breaking news a stripper got her fanny touched in a strip club.... I am shocked. :harumph:

Calcountry
10-25-2004, 12:56 PM

Would somebody buy the pussy a copy of the movie Rudy and tell him to STFU already.

Calcountry
10-25-2004, 01:26 PM
eh, I never said he wasn't a dick. I just think he could be a good player. Unfortunately it will be for someone else. It just seems like a huge waste and a complete cluster**** by our management.
You got it backwards. You see Dick is the dick. He is supposed to be the dick, I mean, after all he IS DICK, and he gets paid to be a dick, so Dick is dick man, he's the coach.

What else can I say, except that in this situation, when your goal is to play on the KC Chiefs, Dick is swinging a big dick.

BigRedChief
10-25-2004, 01:35 PM
So it seems that this story may be true..WTF are you thinking DV? Who cares if your burning bridges with LJ. Using other players stupidity to show you know what you are doing is the wrong path to take here. This is something I would expect King Carl to be doing not DV. :shake:

David.
10-25-2004, 01:40 PM
wow bunnytrdr, those are some PRETTY convincing points you have there. Is that how you try to get your political point across too? ROFL

Calcountry
10-25-2004, 01:45 PM
wow bunnytrdr, those are some PRETTY convincing points you have there. Is that how you try to get your political point across too? ROFL
DUHHHH :shrug:

David.
10-25-2004, 01:48 PM
ROFL, rep..

Logical
10-25-2004, 01:51 PM
You got it backwards. You see Dick is the dick. He is supposed to be the dick, I mean, after all he IS DICK, and he gets paid to be a dick, so Dick is dick man, he's the coach.

What else can I say, except that in this situation, when your goal is to play on the KC Chiefs, Dick is swinging a big dick.ROFL:thumb:

morphius
10-25-2004, 01:56 PM
So, with yesterday's display by Blaylock, are we guarnteed to lose him when he is a FA?

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Bull. Dick is the grand daddy of crybabys and one day LJ will probably makes the Chiefs his bitch thanks to the way Vermeil has mishandled
the situation.

Straight, No Chaser
10-25-2004, 02:05 PM
For someone who is questioning the pretense of someone else's statement, you sure are making alot of assumptions.

You're comparing Blaylock's accomplishments on the field yesterday to a guy who's NEVER HAD A CHANCE in a similar situation to prove whether or not he's as good or better.

YOU seem to want to "borrow trouble"
Did you NOT want to see what happened yesterday? Eight running touchdowns. A NFL record. And you want to call out DV. Can't you let it rest for a week?
I'd take that scenario over giving LJ "a chance" any game day of the week. This team has been struggling to put it together this season and finally did so yesterday. Accept it, enjoy it, get over it.

----->

Gaz
10-25-2004, 02:16 PM
…The simple fact here is that nobody other than the coaches themselves no what is going on in this situation…
… I have chosen to believe…

Finally, there is the admission I have been poking around for. You can keep the rest of your qualifiers, thank you [even the CAPITALIZED ones]. The situation is now clear.

My work here is done.

xoxo~
Gaz
Leaves behind a silver bullet.

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 02:26 PM
YOU seem to want to "borrow trouble"
Did you NOT want to see what happened yesterday? Eight running touchdowns. A NFL record. And you want to call out DV. Can't you let it rest for a week?
I'd take that scenario over giving LJ "a chance" any game day of the week. This team has been struggling to put it together this season and finally did so yesterday. Accept it, enjoy it, get over it.

----->

I saw what happened yesterday. And I saw Derrick Blaylock running through HUGE holes.

I have no reason to believe that Larry Johnson wouldn't have performed exactly the same way, given those conditions.

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 02:28 PM
Finally, there is the admission I have been poking around for. You can keep the rest of your qualifiers, thank you [even the CAPITALIZED ones]. The situation is now clear.

My work here is done.

xoxo~
Gaz
Leaves behind a silver bullet.

And that makes my guarantee invalid how? Read that definition I posted again.

I'm glad you feel like you proved something. All you did was disagree.

Brock
10-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Bull. Dick is the grand daddy of crybabys and one day LJ will probably makes the Chiefs his bitch thanks to the way Vermeil has mishandled
the situation.

Yeah right. On draft day he was declared a wasted draft pick, now he is "probably" going to be the second coming of Jim Brown. :rolleyes: You planet personnel experts crack me up.

Gaz
10-25-2004, 02:33 PM
As I pointed out, your GUARANTEE is worthless because your position cannot be proved.

You do not know. None of us here on the Planet know.

I GUARANTEE there are talking marshmallows living on the planet Gaz in the Crab Nebula. Since you cannot prove this is not true, it is a valid guarantee? Of course not.

However, that ridiculous GUARANTEE is no more worthless than your GUARANTEE concerning Vermiel’s motives in not playing Johnson.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not sure why this is so hard to grasp.

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 02:35 PM
As I pointed out, your GUARANTEE is worthless because your position cannot be proved.

You do not know. None of us here on the Planet know.

I GUARANTEE there are talking marshmallows living on the planet Gaz in the Crab Nebula. Since you cannot prove this is not true, it is a valid guarantee? Of course not.

However, that ridiculous GUARANTEE is no more worthless than your GUARANTEE concerning Vermiel’s motives in not playing Johnson.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not sure why this is so hard to grasp.

That's just stupid, and you know it.

No, I don't know what is FACT. My "guarantee" was an assertation, based on circumstances that DO exist and have existed since DV arrived.

As such, it is not completely baseless nor is it manufactured out of thin air, as you would have people believe.

Gaz
10-25-2004, 02:38 PM
I GUARANTEE that my guarantee is just as valid as yours.

Prove me wrong, please. After all, that was how you tried to defend your GUARANTEE before.

xoxo~
Gaz
Still a skeptic.

Gaz
10-25-2004, 02:39 PM
The Gazmallows will be very disappointed to find out they do not exist.

xoxo~
Gaz
Would hate to be the one to break the news.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-25-2004, 02:41 PM
Yeah right. On draft day he was declared a wasted draft pick, now he is "probably" going to be the second coming of Jim Brown. :rolleyes: You planet personnel experts crack me up.
Well at least you didn't put words in my mouth or anything.

jspchief
10-25-2004, 02:43 PM

My guess is he'll suck. Considering the RBs we've drafted in the past, there's no reason to think otherwise. What I do know is that if he never gets on the field, he's definately a wasted draft pick.

Brock
10-25-2004, 02:45 PM
My guess is he'll suck. Considering the RBs we've drafted in the past, there's no reason to think otherwise. What I do know is that if he never gets on the field, he's definately a wasted draft pick.

It was wasted on day 1. The planet told me so.

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 02:49 PM
I GUARANTEE that my guarantee is just as valid as yours.

Prove me wrong, please. After all, that was how you tried to defend your GUARANTEE before.

xoxo~
Gaz
Still a skeptic.

That's because you're an engineer.

You're trying to discern INTENT through strict definition. My use of the word "guarantee" was NOT a noun, it was a verb.

guar·an·tee ( P ) Pronunciation Key (grn-t)
n.
Something that assures a particular outcome or condition: Lack of interest is a guarantee of failure.

A promise or an assurance, especially one given in writing, that attests to the quality or durability of a product or service.
A pledge that something will be performed in a specified manner.

A guaranty by which one person assumes responsibility for paying another's debts or fulfilling another's responsibilities.
A guaranty for the execution, completion, or existence of something.
A guarantor.

tr.v. guar·an·teed, guar·an·tee·ing, guar·an·tees
To assume responsibility for the debt, default, or miscarriage of.
To assume responsibility for the quality or performance of: guarantee a product.
To undertake to do, accomplish, or ensure (something) for another: guaranteed to free the captives; guarantees freedom of speech.
To make certain: The rain guarantees a good crop this year.
To furnish security for.
To express or declare with conviction: I guarantee that you'll like this book.

Based on books you said you have read in the past, your interest in intergalactic sentient marshmallows, and your want to prove everyone wrong my a process of mathematical elimination, I guarantee that you'll like "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams.

It turns out that, for whatever reason, you didn't like it all. That makes my guarantee no more or less valid, it's speculative. No warranty was expressed or implied.

I am not offering you something concrete. I am expressing, with sincere conviction, that -- based on what I have observed over the last 4 years -- the situation with LJ is complicated by DV's apparent pettiness when it comes to certain things.

Strong evidence does exist that suggests that DV has problems with being overly loyal and cannot separate emotional reality from the needs of winning football games. Not wanting to let Greg Robinson go (an admission in his own words), EVEN AFTER HE RESIGNED, is one example of that.

The difference between my assumptions and yours are that I'm not the only person that believes this to be true. You act as if DV has never said these things, that he's never done some of the things he's done. You act as if I'm COMPLETELY making this stuff up -- you know that I'm not.

Gaz
10-25-2004, 02:49 PM
It is hard to believe that we would get equivalent value for the pick in a trade. Certainly not if he sits on the bench until his contract is up. I liked the pick at the time and would like to see him on the field sooner rather than later.

xoxo~
Gaz
Wants to see that draft pick in action.

jspchief
10-25-2004, 02:54 PM
It was wasted on day 1. The planet told me so.

So what is your honest opinion of him? Do you really think he's a waste and always will be? Or are you among those that think he'll wait around until we decide to play him simply because he's under contract?

I think it may be too late already. I expect him to hold out next year or the year after. I felt that with even minor playing time this year it would be salvageable, but the fact that he won't get on the field combined with Vermeil's knack for humiliating him has ruined any chance.

It's not that I think he's better than anyone else. It's that I want him to be. We used a high draft pick on him, payed him a lot of money, and passed on a boatload of talented players. I'd just like to see if it was worth it. All indications so far is that it wasn't.

Gaz
10-25-2004, 02:57 PM
htismaqe-

No problem, man. One more time.

I did not say you were making anything up. I said that your GUARANTEE is worthless.

I am not even saying that the scenario you champion might not be the case. I simply do not know. Neither do you. None of us does.

The point is, and remains, that your GUARANTEE cannot be proved or disproved. Your example of me liking a book is easily proved or disproved by me reading the book. That GUARANTEE might be false, but it is provable and is therefore not worthless. It is valid.

Your GUARANTEE and my Gazmallows are equally valid. Neither can be proved. Worthless.

You substituted GUARANTEE for HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION. I have no issue with you coming to a conclusion, regardless of the circumstantial nature of the facts leading you to that conclusion.

xoxo~
Gaz
Wonders if there are cannibal Gazmallows.

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 02:58 PM
I just realized that my use of the {code} tag is really screwing up the display of this thread for me now...

go bo
10-25-2004, 02:58 PM
That's just stupid, and you know it.

No, I don't know what is FACT. My "guarantee" was an assertation, based on circumstances that DO exist and have existed since DV arrived.

As such, it is not completely baseless nor is it manufactured out of thin air, as you would have people believe.thick air, perhaps?? :p :p :p

Gaz
10-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Unless Johnson’s signing had some impact on Holmes’ contract [and only the insiders know for sure], Johnson has had very little impact thus far. His impact has been negative. Bad feelings with the staff. Bad press.

The Chiefs say they have plans for the young man. I hope so.

xoxo~
Gaz
Trying to be patient.

Gaz
10-25-2004, 03:02 PM
thick air, perhaps?? :p :p :p

The air on planet Gaz is very thick.

And it smells like strawberries.

xoxo~
Gaz
Filling in the details.

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 03:02 PM
htismaqe-

No problem, man. One more time.

I did not say you were making anything up. I said that your GUARANTEE is worthless.

I am not even saying that the scenario you champion might not be the case. I simply do not know. Neither do you. None of us does.

The point is, and remains, that your GUARANTEE cannot be proved or disproved. Your example of me liking a book is easily proved or disproved by me reading the book. That GUARANTEE might be false, but it is provable and is therefore not worthless. It is valid.

Your GUARANTEE and my Gazmallows are equally valid. Neither can be proved. Worthless.

You substituted GUARANTEE for HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION. I have no issue with you coming to a conclusion, regardless of the circumstantial nature of the facts leading you to that conclusion.

xoxo~
Gaz
Wonders if there are cannibal Gazmallows.

You certainly have issue with my use of the word "guarantee" though, don't you ENGINEER. :thumb:

Gaz
10-25-2004, 03:04 PM
You certainly have issue with my use of the word "guarantee" though, don't you ENGINEER. :thumb:

Engineers do it with precision, baby.

xoxo~
Gaz
ENGINEER [all in caps, please].

Calcountry
10-25-2004, 03:08 PM
the situation.
Hopefully, they will trade him to an NFC team, and even if he makes us his bitch, it will only be once every couple of years.

Knowing how stupid Carl is, they will trade him to the Raiders.

htismaqe
10-25-2004, 03:09 PM

xoxo~
Gaz

I GUARANTEE that your last 2 posts were way more info than most people here wanted.

:D

Calcountry
10-25-2004, 03:11 PM
the situation.
So Beer me, just when did you stop pulling for Dick?

Gaz
10-25-2004, 03:12 PM
I GUARANTEE that your last 2 posts were way more info than most people here wanted.

:D

Okay, that one is provable…

…and probably true [buncha wimps, anyway].

Should I start talking about my dangly bits and make it a hat trick?

xoxo~
Gaz
Going for the TMI record.

BigRedChief
10-25-2004, 03:16 PM
Okay, that one is provable…

…and probably true [buncha wimps, anyway].

Should I start talking about my dangly bits and make it a hat trick?

xoxo~
Gaz
Going for the TMI record.

Another wayyyyy too much information post...:p

Gaz
10-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Another wayyyyy too much information post...:p

WOO HOO!!!

Three in a row! I absolutely ROCK!

Hey, what’s the record for “Augh…I can’t get that image out of my head” posts?

xoxo~
Gaz
On a roll.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-25-2004, 03:19 PM
So Beer me, just when did you stop pulling for Dick?
I don't know. Didn't write down the date. It was soon after he cried about Greg Robinson though.

on a side note......heh, heh....you said pulling for dick.

penguinz
10-25-2004, 04:02 PM
I don't think he is a wasted pick But his talent is unknown and he should get some exposure.
If he is not needed he is a wasted pick. We do not need him so he is a waste.

Calcountry
10-25-2004, 05:24 PM
I don't know. Didn't write down the date. It was soon after he cried about Greg Robinson though.

on a side note......heh, heh....you said pulling for dick.
Whats this side note chit, that was my main point. :p

go bo
10-25-2004, 06:40 PM

xoxo~
Gaz
my brother used to say that...

then he had 3 girls and 1 boy (he wanted 2 of each)...

and he quit saying it... :D

he was a civil engineer, mostly municipal water and sewage systems...

LiL stumppy
10-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Again, with all due respect, Dick has handeled it behind closed doors on more than one occasion. It's that whiney bitch Johnson that continues to cry to the media and keeps dragging this up every 2 weeks.Um,amybe if he got a chance,like yesterday he would stop?Its pretty obvious why he is mad,he wants to show everyone he has skill and he can start for a team and DICK won't "allow" it.I would do the same thing.Dick needs to stop living up to his name and retire.