PDA

View Full Version : Doing the wave at Arrowhead today

BigRedChief
10-24-2004, 04:44 PM
I've always thought the wave was kind of lame. But today was so much fun. It was kind of like a celebration. We are up 35+ points we are getting ready to score again. All of the crowd was still there. nobody had left. Everyone was participating. It was really cool. Reminded of me of last year when the crowd stated chanting 9 and 0, 9 and 0 :thumb:

el borracho
10-24-2004, 04:50 PM
I wish I was there for that. The last two games I have attended have both been in Denver (this year and last) and the last game I attended in Arrowhead was in '96.

POPpystar
10-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Watched the game with some friends at a sport bar. It was great , the waiter looks at the screen and says."F@#K.. is that the score?". We all laughed our butts off.

KCFalcon59
10-24-2004, 05:56 PM
I brought my 9 yr old daughter to her first game today. She just had a ball doing the wave. It just kept going and got louder and louder each time around. She won't soon forget it.

Good times!!

POPpystar
10-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Glad she had a good time. You are right, she won't forget today .

wazu
10-24-2004, 06:42 PM
My sister was at the game and mentioned that everybody was having a blast doing the "wave". She said it got so loud they had to stop the game...

did I miss that part or is she confused?

KcMizzou
10-24-2004, 06:44 PM
She said it got so loud they had to stop the game...
:spock:

Well, that'd be a first.

CASHMAN
10-24-2004, 06:47 PM
My sister was at the game and mentioned that everybody was having a blast doing the "wave". She said it got so loud they had to stop the game...

did I miss that part or is she confused?

She is confused :p they might of been in a TV timeout, either way it was great.

CASHMAN.

wazu
10-24-2004, 06:47 PM
:spock:

Well, that'd be a first.

Actually, I can remember way back in the day when fans got threatened with penalties for making too much noise. Elway used to cry to the refs all the time.

wazu
10-24-2004, 06:48 PM
She is confused :p they might of been in a TV timeout, either way it was great.

That's what I figured.

KcMizzou
10-24-2004, 06:53 PM
Actually, I can remember way back in the day when fans got threatened with penalties for making too much noise. Elway used to cry to the refs all the time. Yeah, now that you mention it I remember that too.

One time Elway was stomping his foot like mad... trying to go on a silent count, and the center wasn't looking. The crowd was so loud he couldn't hear either... Elway looked like a three year old having a temper tantrum.

Lzen
10-24-2004, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I brought my boys (ages 8 & 11) and my nephew (age 13) and they all thought it was a blast. Man, I can't remember the last time I saw the wave at Arrowhead. This was definitely an enjoyable game. :)

Bowser
10-24-2004, 07:39 PM
Well, we did the wave, but did they bring back the chop? Or is that too passe'?

Nzoner
10-24-2004, 08:12 PM
I took a couple of fraternity brothers and their wives who had flown in from Arizona for Homecoming to thier first game at Arrowhead today.

To all who were there :thumb: they were thoroughly impressed and had a great time.

Witnessing a 28 year old record falling didn't hurt either.

BigVE
10-24-2004, 08:20 PM
For this was my first ever Arrowhead experience and it was AWESOME!! We couldnt have picked a better "first game"...as for the pause for the wave...it was the end of the third quarter AND a TV timeout but that was the loudest and coolest wave I have ever seen. Even the guys on KCFX were going on and on about that wave after the game.

BigRedChief
10-24-2004, 10:23 PM
I tell ya it was a special sponteaneous moment. I know the "wave" WTF, special? It was not your normal wave.
YA just had to be there to appreciate it.