PDA

View Full Version : Have your day in the sun today, come Sunday

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 05:23 PM
MY COLTS ARE GONNA put a SERIOUS WHOOPIN ON YOU!

Damn Jags man.. :deevee:

Dan

www.coltsinsider.com

As always, you folks are welcome over at my house.

P.S. Why do I feel like it will be my turn in the daily roast thread this week?

Donger
10-24-2004, 05:26 PM

Dan

www.coltsinsider.com

Kind of like Wayne on Manning?

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Kind of like Wayne on Manning?

They are buddies, that was spirit.. nothing more.. Manning said as much after the game.

Rain Man
10-24-2004, 05:29 PM
We're starting to get warmed up now. Next week we'll add the passing attack to the running game.

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2004, 05:29 PM
Well until we actually beat you anywhere (home or road, reg season or playoffs) I guess we'll have to put up with ya.

Skip Towne
10-24-2004, 05:30 PM

Dan

www.coltsinsider.com

If we decide to line up and run over you, we will do so.

HolmeZz
10-24-2004, 05:31 PM
Smack after a division loss in your own building = Weak

the Talking Can
10-24-2004, 05:31 PM
is it true Wayne called Manning "that Stupid Kicker"?

Miles
10-24-2004, 05:32 PM
That D of yours is pretty impressive...

David.
10-24-2004, 05:33 PM
That D of yours is pretty impressive...

ahaha

MadMax
10-24-2004, 05:34 PM

GOOD answer!!! :thumb: Let's hope A.S. doesn't turn schizo on us. :shake:

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 05:34 PM

Man...ain't that the truth. I may not like Holmes and the Chiefs but damn if they don't get their's

Rausch
10-24-2004, 05:35 PM
Man...ain't that the truth. I may not like Holmes and the Chiefs but damn if they don't get their's

The way the Colts defense looks the Donks and Chiefs should both beat them...

teedubya
10-24-2004, 05:39 PM
You shall punt, bitches... You shall punt.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 05:48 PM
The way the Colts defense looks the Donks and Chiefs should both beat them...

We play them the last game of the season...it might not even matter at that point. Suppose winning the game gives us no tactical advantage and we don't have a bye....or it could be the opposite....I hope not.

Rausch
10-24-2004, 05:50 PM
We play them the last game of the season...it might not even matter at that point. Suppose winning the game gives us no tactical advantage and we don't have a bye....or it could be the opposite....I hope not.

I'd recomend playing that game like it does matter and learn a thing or two about them, if possible.

Rausch
10-24-2004, 05:50 PM
You shall punt, bitches... You shall punt. ROFL

Deberg_1990
10-24-2004, 05:53 PM

Dan

www.coltsinsider.com

Umm..do the Colts fans even remember that their D never forced a punt against us last January either??? Hmmmmmmm???

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 05:55 PM
Umm..do the Colts fans even remember that their D never forced a punt against us last January either??? Hmmmmmmm???

I was about to ask...was there even a punt in that game?

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 05:55 PM

Everybody does that, until you get it inside of the 20!

Rausch
10-24-2004, 05:56 PM
I was about to ask...was there even a punt in that game?

Nope, just a missed FG and a fumble. No punts. First ever game like that in playoff history...

David.
10-24-2004, 05:56 PM

ha, that's when we get good. You shall see.

Rausch
10-24-2004, 05:57 PM

Yeah. 8 red zone TD's today against the league's best rushing defense makes me think-...wait. WTF is wrong with you?!?

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 06:00 PM

You just made me spit on my kb!

ROFL

Skip Towne
10-24-2004, 06:03 PM
GOOD answer!!! :thumb: Let's hope A.S. doesn't turn schizo on us. :shake:
Really.

Ash
10-24-2004, 06:05 PM

lol ,funny shiat booyakasha im a little bit ratted.

Talisman
10-24-2004, 06:09 PM
ROFL. That's good stuff.

I believe I remember during an early interview after Gunther took the job that he said he would wager an entire year's pay that he could get the Colts to punt.

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 06:16 PM
ROFL. That's good stuff.

I believe I remember during an early interview after Gunther took the job that he said he would wager an entire year's pay that he could get the Colts to punt.

I wish that I could take that bet, knowing if we played the way we did today though.. huh uh..

Deberg_1990
10-24-2004, 06:17 PM
I wish that I could take that bet, knowing if we played the way we did today though.. huh uh..

The real question should be..will your Colts D force a punt??

Coach
10-24-2004, 06:19 PM
ROFL. That's good stuff.

Actually, I believe he said he would bet his whole 2 years of his salary that he could make the Colts punt just once.

Talisman
10-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Actually, I believe he said he would bet his whole 2 years of his salary that he could make the Colts punt just once.
Actually, althought it wasn't on the record, I think he also bet his left testicle.

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 06:24 PM
The real question should be..will your Colts D force a punt??

Our defense did not play that poorly today, the offense let us down.

the Talking Can
10-24-2004, 06:25 PM
I thought Gunther said "I'll shave my testes with a cheese grater if the Colts score 1 point!"

Deberg_1990
10-24-2004, 06:31 PM

Yea..but it did back in January when you played us.....no one ever talks about that....

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Yea..but it did back in January when you played us.....no one ever talks about that....

That's because of two things;

It was LAST January, and we won the game!

:)

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 06:36 PM
I'll disagree...you have the 31st overall ranked defense coming into the week...they're consistently bad...which is why you won't win it all. But Manning and the offense will get you close as usual. I only saw the highlights...but what I saw was poor defense. Btw..the Jags have the 19th ranked overall offense and the 12th ranked defense.

Deberg_1990
10-24-2004, 06:38 PM
That's because of two things;

It was LAST January, and we won the game!

I cant wait till Next Sunday....we shall see how far this D has come.....

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2004, 06:39 PM
I hope the Chiefs knock Manning out.

HolmeZz
10-24-2004, 06:40 PM
Anyone know the updated rankings of our offense and defense?

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 06:41 PM
I cant wait till Next Sunday....we shall see how far this D has come.....

Your defense allows 10 more yards per game than the Jags...Quietly..your defense is climbing into the top half of the league.

Deberg_1990
10-24-2004, 06:42 PM
Your defense allows 10 more yards per game than the Jags...Quietly..your defense is climbing into the top half of the league.

Miracles never cease do they??? Amazing......

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 06:42 PM
Anyone know the updates rankings of our offense and defense?

Coming into this week....D is 18th

Offense is 13th....I'd imagine the scoring ranking should go up rather nicely.

tk13
10-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Gah, you guys held your own in the red zone, although the one Leftwich fumble helped you out. I think (hopefully) the Chiefs will be able to power up and handle those short yardage situations better than Jacksonville... from what I've seen last week and this week, Jax looks like they aren't always the best at just getting that one yard when they need it for a 1st down...

Miles
10-24-2004, 06:43 PM

The Jags squandered away a buch of opportunities in the redzone almost entirely due to their own mistakes. The slumping Fred Taylor also put up his first 100yd rushing game of the season.

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 06:50 PM
I'll disagree...you have the 31st overall ranked defense coming into the week...they're consistently bad...which is why you won't win it all. But Manning and the offense will get you close as usual. I only saw the highlights...but what I saw was poor defense. Btw..the Jags have the 19th ranked overall offense and the 12th ranked defense.

Pfft, shut up Donk boy.. you didn't even watch the game.. but have an opinion on the defense?

:rolleyes:

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 06:56 PM
The Jags squandered away a buch of opportunities in the redzone almost entirely due to their own mistakes. The slumping Fred Taylor also put up his first 100yd rushing game of the season.

They had one fumble, the rest was our defense coming up and making a stop when they needed to.

:harumph:

Chiefs Pantalones
10-24-2004, 06:56 PM
If we don't beat the Colts, our playoff chances are kind of shot. I don't wanna say we won't make it if we lose, but it will be tough.

If the Chiefs lose this game, I want all the players and coaches on the Chiefs to have their heart, balls, and guts removed. This is payback, bitches. Shut them out and score 60 on them. Make them pay.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 06:59 PM
Pfft, shut up Donk boy.. you didn't even watch the game.. but have an opinion on the defense?

Dude...what's to watch....when you're ranked 31 after 7 weeks...that means consistently bad over time...i.e. it's behavior. Think about that...you team's behavior is to play bad defense. Imagine if your offense didn't protect your run defense...you'd be 32nd. That last place for those keeping score at home.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 07:03 PM
They had one fumble, the rest was our defense coming up and making a stop when they needed to.

:harumph:

Apparently not....because you lost surrendering 14 points in the 4th quarter...I'm not trying to bust balls because you guys do win...but don't give your offense shit the one week they didn't just outscore the other team. Your defense let you down.

tk13
10-24-2004, 07:04 PM
If we don't beat the Colts, our playoff chances are kind of shot. I don't wanna say we won't make it if we lose, but it will be tough.

If the Chiefs lose this game, I want all the players and coaches on the Chiefs to have their heart, balls, and guts removed. This is payback, bitches. Shut them out and score 60 on them. Make them pay.
I don't know about that... the way I see it, if we can even just split the Indy/NE home games, and find a way to win both road games @ Tampa and @ NO (both games I know this team is good enough to win)... we'd be 5-5 with two games vs. the Raiders and Chargers, the struggling Titans, and the Broncos at Arrowhead left. But really I don't even want to start thinking too far ahead like that... one week at a time.

Logical
10-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Coming into this week....D is 18th

Offense is 13th....I'd imagine the scoring ranking should go up rather nicely.

For teams with 6 games we are in third in scoring behind Indy and Philly. NO, SD, GB and StL have more total points but they have played 7 games.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 07:10 PM
I don't know about that... the way I see it, if we can even just split the Indy/NE home games, and find a way to win both road games @ Tampa and @ NO (both games I know this team is good enough to win)... we'd be 5-5 with two games vs. the Raiders and Chargers, the struggling Titans, and the Broncos at Arrowhead left. But really I don't even want to start thinking too far ahead like that... one week at a time.

You look at the chargers rushing D and think..man...you can't run on them...but that's your strength..

Unfortunately the AFC West games could go either way....they're always close...with the ocassional blow-out.

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 07:17 PM
Apparently not....because you lost surrendering 14 points in the 4th quarter...I'm not trying to bust balls because you guys do win...but don't give your offense shit the one week they didn't just outscore the other team. Your defense let you down.

It's a cover two scheme, with a bend but don't break philosophy. They tighten up in the red zone, and in short yardage situations.

Rausch
10-24-2004, 07:19 PM
It's a cover two scheme, with a bend but don't break philosophy. They tighten up in the red zone, and in short yardage situations.

Quick: how many winning teams have the Colts beaten this year?

And for the record, our red zone defense is better than yours. Our running game is better than yours.

Manning better have an outstanding game next week...

Skip Towne
10-24-2004, 07:23 PM

Hey, you troll, leave our Donkeyboy alone.

Bowser
10-24-2004, 07:24 PM

Best post of the day! :thumb:

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 07:27 PM
Quick: how many winning teams have the Colts beaten this year?

And for the record, our red zone defense is better than yours. Our running game is better than yours.

Manning better have an outstanding game next week...

Jacksonville, the rest are also rans.. truth is our defense sucks.. we have no chance against a powerful running team like you guys. And with the new blitz packages, Manning will get killed on Sunday.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 07:28 PM
Hey, you troll, leave our Donkeyboy alone.

LOL

Hammock Parties
10-24-2004, 07:30 PM
I want KC to beat the soft Colts like it is their Super Bowl. I want to see Gunther making Manning throw his hands up in frustration. After that stupid f*cking playoff game last year, a win against these guys is what we need to catalyze our team for the rest of the season.

GOOOOOOOOOOONTHAR! :cuss:

Rausch
10-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Jacksonville, the rest are also rans..

I don't know what happened in the alternate universe you come from, but in this one, you lost to the Jagwads today...

truth is our defense sucks.. we have no chance against a powerful running team like you guys. And with the new blitz packages, Manning will get killed on Sunday.

Pretty much...

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 07:33 PM
I want KC to beat the soft Colts like it is their Super Bowl. I want to see Gunther making Manning throw his hands up in frustration. After that stupid f*cking playoff game last year, a win against these guys is what we need to catalyze our team for the rest of the season.

GOOOOOOOOOOONTHAR! :cuss:

Hey, if I come down to the game.. can I hang out and tailgate with you guys?

Bowser
10-24-2004, 07:37 PM
Hey, if I come down to the game.. can I hang out and tailgate with you guys?

Only if you bring the beer. And no cheap shit, either!

Chiefs Pantalones
10-24-2004, 07:39 PM
If we make them punt once, I'll rejoice with midgets from South Africa and piss my pants in glee.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 07:42 PM

Which is the best way to lose games IMO. I'll be interested to see what happens to the Colts over the years...Manning is going to have to give up some of that salary for the Colts to compete down the road.

HolmeZz
10-24-2004, 07:43 PM
I don't know what happened in the alternate universe you come from, but in this one, you lost to the Jagwads today...

They played the Jags twice already, each splitting at the other's h0me park.

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 07:43 PM
Only if you bring the beer. And no cheap shit, either!

Guiness?

And some Crown to chase it down with?

Bowser
10-24-2004, 07:45 PM
Which is the best way to lose games IMO. I'll be interested to see what happens to the Colts over the years...Manning is going to have to give up some of that salary for the Colts to compete down the road.

I agree with this. I hate all "zone" type coverages, they do nothing but lead to big gains for offenses (re: Chiefs vs. Jags).

Bowser
10-24-2004, 07:46 PM
Guiness?

And some Crown to chase it down with?

I see you're not interested in REMEMBERING the game..........

:D

Rausch
10-24-2004, 07:47 PM
They played the Jags twice already, each splitting at the other's h0me park.

Ah. So their lone win against a winning team is the same team they lost to today?

This is supposed to impress me in what way?

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 07:50 PM
I see you're not interested in REMEMBERING the game..........

:D

:thumb:

Skip Towne
10-24-2004, 07:51 PM
If we make them punt once, I'll rejoice with midgets from South Africa and piss my pants in glee.
Hell, you do that every day. What are you going to do if we make them punt?

Chiefs Pantalones
10-24-2004, 07:51 PM
I think that was quite selfish of Manning to get that kind of jack this past offseason. I thought he was a team player. They had no money to spend on any defensive help at all. That's not the type of person we were led to believe by the media.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 08:02 PM
I think that was quite selfish of Manning to get that kind of jack this past offseason. I thought he was a team player. They had no money to spend on any defensive help at all. That's not the type of person we were led to believe by the media.

They say they're going to do everything they can to keep Harrison and James...that doesn't leave too much cash to go around.

Bowser
10-24-2004, 08:03 PM
They say they're going to do everything they can to keep Harrison and James...that doesn't leave too much cash to go around.

God bless 'em.....they can have all three. I'm just not sure they can hold on to superstars like Rob Morris or David Macklin if they do...........

Rausch
10-24-2004, 08:04 PM

Harrison is as good as gone.

WR's usually have a huge dropoff in production after 30, and their 2nd and 3rd WR's are producing just fine.

But what do they have behind James?

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 08:04 PM

Manning got fair market value for his worth, it didn't help that our owner went on record to say he would be the highest paid player in the league before Polian could start to negotiate. IF the CBA is rattified, then we will be fine $ wise, if not, we are pretty screwed. Also, we are about to begin a new stadium soon.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 08:09 PM

WR's usually have a huge dropoff in production after 30, and their 2nd and 3rd WR's are producing just fine.

But what do they have behind James? The backup's have done well when replacing James during his injuries. And really...James is the odd man out..because Peyton and Harrison is going to make a defense respect the passing game...which IMO makes James a product of the talent around him after his knee injury.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-24-2004, 08:13 PM
Manning got fair market value for his worth, it didn't help that our owner went on record to say he would be the highest paid player in the league before Polian could start to negotiate. IF the CBA is rattified, then we will be fine $ wise, if not, we are pretty screwed. Also, we are about to begin a new stadium soon.

I don't know about you dude, but the only way I'm giving a player 39 mil up front is if he won me at least one Super Bowl before hand. If I recall correctly, Manning hasn't won shit. He folds in big games. That's not worth 39mil.

Skip Towne
10-24-2004, 08:22 PM
I don't know about you dude, but the only way I'm giving a player 39 mil up front is if he won me at least one Super Bowl before hand. If I recall correctly, Manning hasn't won shit. He folds in big games. That's not worth 39mil.
You're exactly right. The salary cap usually prevents one player from getting all the money. But when it happens, that team will be very weak at other positions and will not go far in the playoffs if they get there.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 08:28 PM
I can testify that one or two guys cannot win a championship.

philfree
10-24-2004, 08:28 PM
The Colts are going down two weeks in a row. Last time they came in they were hot. This time they are not! The Colts are going down!

PhilFree :arrow:

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 08:30 PM
The backup's have done well when replacing James during his injuries. And really...James is the odd man out..because Peyton and Harrison is going to make a defense respect the passing game...which IMO makes James a product of the talent around him after his knee injury.

Wrong again, when did you become an expert on the Colts? Jim Irsay has gone on record that we will keep both of them, with James more than likely getting the franchise tag next season.

HolmeZz
10-24-2004, 08:36 PM
http://mb1.theinsiders.com/fcoltsnews2313frm1.showMessage?topicID=10563.topic

We've got a swiss cheese D? :D

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 08:38 PM
Wrong again, when did you become an expert on the Colts? Jim Irsay has gone on record that we will keep both of them, with James more than likely getting the franchise tag next season.

:rolleyes:It not hard to turn on the tube and hear about the Colts...like I said...the Colts have said they're going to try and keep both...but I think..James won't be there in the long run...and basically...I think it's no big deal to lose the guy based on the success of your passing game. I mean...how long are you going to Franchise the guy? Until you win a Super Bowl..you have to have better defense to feel confident about getting there and winning it.

But you might consider me an expert on all things football. I'm a Colts insider. LOL

Bowser
10-24-2004, 08:39 PM

Cool! Let 'em come in here thinking this is still January!

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 08:43 PM
It not hard to turn on the tube and hear about the Colts...like I said...the Colts have said they're going to try and keep both...but I think..James won't be there in the long run...and basically...I think it's no big deal to lose the guy based on the success of your passing game. I mean...how long are you going to Franchise the guy? Until you win a Super Bowl..you have to have better defense to feel confident about getting there and winning it.

But you might consider me an expert on all things football. I'm a Colts insider. LOL

LOL jeebus, you like to talk out of your ass a lot.

1) You have obviously not watched the Colts play this year.

2) Know very little about the Dynamics of my team.

3) Like to pretend to be in the know on things you have no clue of.

I am done with you now, back to my Chief friends.

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 08:45 PM

:p

Yes, you do, so do we, but yours is still the same as last year.

We have some rookies who may help out this season!

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 08:48 PM

I'd back down if I were you too. Wtf? We're discussing football..Colts football. Do you feel confident about winning a championship with the 31st ranked defense? Nothing I've posted is out of the realm of possibilty. We'll see though.,..but next time....drop the hubris.

philfree
10-24-2004, 08:49 PM

Huh? The Chiefs D is ranked a good solid top 10 after today. We haven,t allowed a 100 yards in rushing for 4 games in a row now.

HolmeZz
10-24-2004, 08:53 PM
:p

We have some rookies who may help out this season!

Clearly YOU haven't watched the Chiefs defense this year, which is pretty hypocritical of you seeing as you told Garcia to not comment on your D because you believed he hadn't seen it.

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 08:55 PM
Clearly YOU haven't watched the Chiefs defense this year, which is pretty hypocritical of you seeing as you told Garcia to not comment on your D because you believed he hadn't seen it.

Good point, touche..

Chiefs Pantalones
10-24-2004, 08:59 PM
I can testify that one or two guys cannot win a championship.

I remember Elway restructuring (he offered to, and wasn't asked) so they could get Neil Smith. I haven't seen Manning do anything like that. When you're 37 years old, you kind of want a Super Bowl more though, but I thought Manning was mature beyond his years, according to the national media.

Skip Towne
10-24-2004, 09:01 PM

Gasp! You sound like an eighth grader sparring with Muhammad Ali. Go home and get under your bed as fast as you can.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-24-2004, 09:02 PM
I'd back down if I were you too. Wtf? We're discussing football..Colts football. Do you feel confident about winning a championship with the 31st ranked defense? Nothing I've posted is out of the realm of possibilty. We'll see though.,..but next time....drop the hubris.

You can't win championships with crappy defense.

I think my fellow fans and I know that too well. And the Colts should know that too. They are a replica of us, but it looks like our D has improved more than theirs so far.

HolmeZz
10-24-2004, 09:03 PM
I hope you guys walk into Arrowhead thinking you're facing the same defense as last season.

We haven't faced an offense like yours this season, no one would argue that. But you haven't faced an offense like ours either. And you'll be facing a team on the road that just dropped 56 points on what was statistically the #1 defense in the whole league. If you're not into statistics, we can get into how KC absolutely manhandled the Baltimore defense, widely considered the best defensive unit in the game; don't need stats to tell me that. What stats DO tell me though is that our offense will be taking on the 31st worst defense in the NFL. And trust me, the players or us fans haven't forgotten about the playoffs. This game is ultimately going to make or break our season. A win and we'll have great momentum going into two winnable games versus the Saints and Bucs. A loss would all but 3liminate us. IMO this is the worst time for you guys to play us.

Hammock Parties
10-24-2004, 09:05 PM
The Colts will almost certainly dump James, IMO. Dominic Rhodes has been getting quality carries behind him for going on 3 years now. He reminds me a lot of Domanick Davis.

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 09:06 PM
you guys could pretty much rinse and repeat, this is exactly the same shit that was flying last time before we played.

It should be one hell of an entertaining game, possibly NFL record breaking on offense.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 09:09 PM
I hope you guys walk into Arrowhead thinking you're facing the same defense as last season.

We haven't faced an offense like yours this season, no one would argue that. But you haven't faced an offense like ours either. And you'll be facing a team on the road that just dropped 56 points on what was statistically the #1 defense in the whole league. If you're not into statistics, we can get into how KC absolutely manhandled the Baltimore defense, widely considered the best defensive unit in the game; don't need stats to tell me that. What stats DO tell me though is that our offense will be taking on the 31st worst defense in the NFL. And trust me, the players or us fans haven't forgotten about the playoffs. This game is ultimately going to make or break our season. A win and we'll have great momentum going into two winnable games versus the Saints and Bucs. A loss would all but 3liminate us.

(clears throat) #1 against the rush...the number 1 overall defense hangs it's head in the city a mile high. :) And oddly...the number 1 rushing offense.

Bowser
10-24-2004, 09:09 PM
you guys could pretty much rinse and repeat, this is exactly the same shit that was flying last time before we played.

It should be one hell of an entertaining game, possibly NFL record breaking on offense.

The only difference was that last year, we were SUPPOSED to dominate the Bears. And we only got 34 points in that game.;)

HolmeZz
10-24-2004, 09:14 PM
(clears throat) #1 against the rush...the number 1 overall defense hangs it's head in the city a mile high. :) And oddly...the number 1 rushing offense.

My bad. 1st against the run, 7th in overall D.

More impressive than that though IMO, is that the Falcs had only allowed 86 points in their first 6 games, yet we dumped 56 on them today.

And the title of league's top rushing offense might've changed hands today. ;)

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 09:21 PM

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 09:21 PM
My bad. 1st against the run, 7th in overall D.

More impressive than that though IMO, is that the Falcs had only allowed 86 points in their first 6 games, yet we dumped 56 on them today.

And the title of league's top rushing offense might've changed hands today. ;)

Ya think? We still got monday to go though.

Sure-Oz
10-24-2004, 09:23 PM
This game is our biggest test imo, Colts pretty much have owned us. I really hope to carry this momentum to this game and beyond. We can beat any team on any day.

HolmeZz
10-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Yeah, and that Bengal D is horrend0us against the run. You'll pr0bably hold onto it. I'm not sure where we were ranked before today, but we've got to be right on y0ur tail.

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 09:25 PM
This game is our biggest test imo, Colts pretty much have owned us. I really hope to carry this momentum to this game and beyond. We can beat any team on any day.

Keep telling yourself that!

:clap:

Sure-Oz
10-24-2004, 09:26 PM
Keep telling yourself that!

:clap:
You will return right if you lose? You won't be like those tools that don't come back after they lose the game?

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Yeah, and that Bengal D is horrend0us against the run. You'll pr0bably hold onto it. I'm not sure where we were ranked before today, but we've got to be right on y0ur tail.

Take a look at where the Jags were on defense before we rolled up 447 yards, 23 first downs, 60% third down completion, and 24 points on them. The only reason we let this one go were freak turn overs, an odd hit on Stokely, and a hand in the wrong place on Glenn, Clark. And, we started at our 10 yard line on 5 drives, or worse.

Fact of the matter is, we OWN you until you finally beat us, and that will NOT be Sunday!

GO COLTS!

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 09:29 PM
23rd against the rush..and 6th in rushing offense

Denver (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/DEN)

Baltimore (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/BAL)

Atlanta (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/ATL)

New York (N) (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/NYG)

Tennessee (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/TEN)

Kansas City (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/KC)

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 09:30 PM
You will return right if you lose? You won't be like those tools that don't come back after they lose the game?

Take a look at my user name, I have been around here for years.

HolmeZz
10-24-2004, 09:31 PM
You're giving me stats? Okay.

550 total yards
36 first downs
60% 3rd down conversion
56 Points

All of that against a statistically better defense than the one you faced.

And oh yeah, WE WON OUR GAME.

Sure-Oz
10-24-2004, 09:31 PM
Take a look at my user name, I have been around here for years.
Your team has owned us since 2000 though. :cuss:

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 09:36 PM

550 total yards
36 first downs
60% 3rd down conversion
56 Points

Those are staggering numbers no doubt, and very impressive. Do you think you will duplicate them on Sunday, or improve on them? Also, when you do that for the rest of the season, let me know.

I am not going to be a homer and say "you have never faced an offense like ours" becuase, that offense has OVVned you guys in the last several meetings between our teams.

Rausch
10-24-2004, 09:36 PM
I'd $#it myself if the Colts resigned Harrison.

He's got a HOF list of accomplishments and he's 30. That means he's going to ask for a ton of $$$, this is probably his last FA deal. It also means his best days are behind him.

James is considered more valuable to the Colts, and cheaper. I'm not saying I agree, that's just how they look at it. They have two WR's who are either more productive or damned close this year. That can't be said for their RB's save for ONE season, and that RB has already had a very serious injury.

philfree
10-24-2004, 09:37 PM
After we exact our over due revenge on the Colts they have the pleasure of hosting the Vikings. Can you say 3 game slide?

Hammock Parties
10-24-2004, 09:38 PM
Take a look at where the Jags were on defense before we rolled up 447 yards, 23 first downs, 60% third down completion, and 24 points on them. The only reason we let this one go were freak turn overs, an odd hit on Stokely, and a hand in the wrong place on Glenn, Clark. And, we started at our 10 yard line on 5 drives, or worse.

Fact of the matter is, we OWN you until you finally beat us, and that will NOT be Sunday!

GO COLTS!

24 points isn't anything to write home about, especially for the Colts.

If KC holds the Colts to 24 (and may I remind you the game IS at Arrowhead, not your indoor carpet center), they WILL win.

What's your injury situation? KC is healthy as a horse.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 09:40 PM

550 total yards
36 first downs
60% 3rd down conversion
56 Points

Check this out...Indy has the 6th or 7th run defense...so you would think they have a good run defense...but they don't...The teams they play abandon the run. The Colts, Eagles, and Minny rank in the top 3 in rushing attempts on their defense....they also rank top 3 in scoring offense(until today). As long as you guys exercise ball control..I don't see how you don't win this game. Well that..and you have to fool probably one of the best QB's all time at reading defenses...no easy task. But you get the idea. Gunther has spent some time looking over Manning's game as a Titan assistant.

Rain Man
10-24-2004, 09:41 PM

Can you show us on the doll where they touched Glenn and Clark? Don't be afraid.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/graphics/product_images/p855352reg.jpg

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 09:42 PM

He's got a HOF list of accomplishments and he's 30. That means he's going to ask for a ton of $$$, this is probably his last FA deal. It also means his best days are behind him.

James is considered more valuable to the Colts, and cheaper. I'm not saying I agree, that's just how they look at it. They have two WR's who are either more productive or damned close this year. That can't be said for their RB's save for ONE season, and that RB has already had a very serious injury.

Finally someone who has a clue about this, however, Polian and Irsay say they can get it done and have already approached Condon about extending Harrison.

What would be ideal is, we franchise Edge and the Dolphins sign him and give up the draft picks to us. You KNOW they will have a VERY HIGH pick this year, and probably next unless they find a quarterback.

Hammock Parties
10-24-2004, 09:42 PM

James had a serious injury too, and he's not getting any younger. A 30-year old WR, especially a stud like Harrison can be productive for 5 more years.

I also think their other WRs would not do so well without Harrison drawing coverage.

Remember the last time the Colts got rid of a great RB? His name was Marshall Faulk. They drafted rookie James and were no worse off.

Somehow I think they might find a way to keep them together, though.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 09:46 PM
A WR has a longer career expectancy than an RB...that's just true. The Colts would be dumb not to get Harrison back and keep James.

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 09:46 PM
Can you show us on the doll where they touched Glenn and Clark? Don't be afraid.

If it wasn't late and I didn't have to get up early, I would do a quick photo shop of it.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 09:47 PM
James had a serious injury too, and he's not getting any younger. A 30-year old WR, especially a stud like Harrison can be productive for 5 more years.

I also think their other WRs would not do so well without Harrison drawing coverage.

Remember the last time the Colts got rid of a great RB? His name was Marshall Faulk. They drafted rookie James and were no worse off.

When you play the Colts...you can't say...we're going all 8 man fronts...I think they could get just about any back and have a productive running game. Defense have to...have to respect the Colts passing game.

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Something else to throw out here, we have defeated the Chiefs 7 times in a row. We also haven't lost back to back games in 30 attempts.

HolmeZz
10-24-2004, 09:49 PM
Those are staggering numbers no doubt, and very impressive. Do you think you will duplicate them on Sunday, or improve on them? Also, when you do that for the rest of the season, let me know.

I am not going to be a homer and say "you have never faced an offense like ours" becuase, that offense has OVVned you guys in the last several meetings between our teams.

So you want us to ignore what's happened this year so you can talk about what happened in the past?

Rain Man
10-24-2004, 09:49 PM
Yeah, but victories over the Chiefs with Greg Robinson don't count.

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 09:50 PM
When you play the Colts...you can't say...we're going all 8 man fronts...I think they could get just about any back and have a productive running game. Defense have to...have to respect the Colts passing game.

A good point, something else to note is Manning's ability in play action. It freezes linebackers and safeties very often, also if Gunther wants to blitz then he should take a look at what Manning did to the Packers defense.

Skip Towne
10-24-2004, 09:50 PM

You smartaleck!

Rausch
10-24-2004, 09:51 PM

You don't let great players go because you want to, you do it because you can't afford to pay them. They can't afford to break the bank on Harrison AND resign James. Period.

They can sign James, and for probably half the cash, and STILL afford to make a play for a defensive FA. You sign both, no defensive FA.

It doesn't matter how you feel about the Colt's, or even Carl's decisions, they make them based on their opinion of the situation. Don't imagine what you would do, imagine what they would do.

Garcia Bronco
A good point, something else to note is Manning's ability in play action. It freezes linebackers and safeties very often, also if Gunther wants to blitz then he should take a look at what Manning did to the Packers defense.

He's got the best fake in the game. No doubt.

Coltsinsider
So you want us to ignore what's happened this year so you can talk about what happened in the past?

No, not at all.. I just have a hard time thinking that you can duplicate todays numbers week in and week out.

Can you NOT agree with that?

HolmeZz
10-24-2004, 09:53 PM
No, not at all.. I just have a hard time thinking that you can duplicate todays numbers week in and week out.

You're the one saying you're going to own us because you have in the past. By your logic, aren't the Colts due for a loss against us?

No one's saying we're going to duplicate today's numbers anyway. You're the one who brought up the Colts stats from today, which AREN'T as impressive as the stats we put up. Face facts.

Rausch
10-24-2004, 09:54 PM

If we duplicate HALF of today's numbers, you lose....

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 09:55 PM
You don't let great players go because you want to, you do it because you can't afford to pay them. They can't afford to break the bank on Harrison AND resign James. Period.

They can sign James, and for probably half the cash, and STILL afford to make a play for a defensive FA. You sign both, no defensive FA.

It doesn't matter how you feel about the Colt's, or even Carl's decisions, they make them based on their opinion of the situation. Don't imagine what you would do, imagine what they would do.

Na-Polian has this simple philosophy on building our team.

Spend the $ on offense, and then draft for defense. We will live or die with that, and would rather have the better O than D. Look at the better defensive units in the league, none of them have a very competitibe offense.

Pick your poison, it's hard to have it both ways in the NFL. Unless your Dan Snyder with more money than sense, and look where it's gotten him..

The Bad Guy
10-24-2004, 09:56 PM

Sure, I don't expect 56 points.

But I do expect the Chiefs to maul the Colts undersized line the same way they did to the Falcons.

I expect the passing game to click because frankly you haven't stopped anyone passing all year.

It all depends on if the Chiefs can force the Colts to punt and get some turnovers.

The media, and opposing fans, lose sight of the fact that this defense has made vast improvements. To be almost in the top 10 after 6 games when you were ranked at the bottom after the first two is pretty impressive, IMO.

The Chiefs defense needs to have a chip on their shoulder this week. They need to play the best game of the season to beat Indy.

Can they do it? Absolutely.

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 09:58 PM
You're the one saying you're going to own us because you have in the past. By your logic, aren't the Colts due for a loss against us?

No one's saying we're going to duplicate today's numbers anyway. You're the one who brought up the Colts stats from today, which AREN'T as impressive as the stats we put up. Face facts.

Ok, I will give you that.

g'night!

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Na-Polian has this simple philosophy on building our team.

Spend the $ on offense, and then draft for defense. We will live or die with that, and would rather have the better O than D. Look at the better defensive units in the league, none of them have a very competitibe offense.

Pick your poison, it's hard to have it both ways in the NFL. Unless your Dan Snyder with more money than sense, and look where it's gotten him..

Broncos currently have the 5th rated offense and the 1st rated defense. :)

Coltsinsider
10-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Sure, I don't expect 56 points.

But I do expect the Chiefs to maul the Colts undersized line the same way they did to the Falcons.

I expect the passing game to click because frankly you haven't stopped anyone passing all year.

It all depends on if the Chiefs can force the Colts to punt and get some turnovers.

The media, and opposing fans, lose sight of the fact that this defense has made vast improvements. To be almost in the top 10 after 6 games when you were ranked at the bottom after the first two is pretty impressive, IMO.

The Chiefs defense needs to have a chip on their shoulder this week. They need to play the best game of the season to beat Indy.

Can they do it? Absolutely.

Well, just remember you have Trent Green quarterbacking..

:shake:

Bowser
10-24-2004, 10:00 PM
Broncos currently have the 5th rated offense and the 1st rated defense. :)

With Plummber in there?

And, you haven't faced teh Rudi Johnson yet, my friend!

;)

philfree
10-24-2004, 10:03 PM

That is comforting :thumb:

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 10:03 PM
With Plummber in there?

And, you haven't faced teh Rudi Johnson yet, my friend!

;)
I'm tellin ya, this is a trap game...I hope we pull it off.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 10:05 PM
That is comforting :thumb:

Interesting Stat today...over the past four years....Trent has passed for more yards than one person...Peyton....but that's still impressive.

unlurking
10-24-2004, 10:06 PM

Trent was 4th in passing in both 2002 and 2003. He is currently 10th.

I wouldn't consider that "slouch" ratings.

Edit:
Ooops. Make that 18th this year. Still not bad when you consider the fact that we have one of the best rushing teams in the league.

The Bad Guy
10-24-2004, 10:07 PM

Yeah, I forgot Trent Green is a bottom feeder in this league.

tk13
10-24-2004, 10:08 PM
I'm tellin ya, this is a trap game...I hope we pull it off.
I think it is too... if it was just another Sunday afternoon game maybe not, but you guys will be going into the Jungle on a Monday Night. I think the Bengals will bring their A game, but we'll see, maybe not....

Bowser
10-24-2004, 10:09 PM
Did Chad Johnson send Champ Bailey any Pepto Bismol, or an I'm sorry card?

HolmeZz
10-24-2004, 10:10 PM

That's a bad thing?

Don't know how you can hate on a QB who makes the Pro Bowl when his best receivers are a Running Back and a Tight End.

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Did Chad Johnson send Champ Bailey any Pepto Bismol, or an I'm sorry card?

Not to my knowledge...but I hope he needs the mylanta(sp?) after the game. Hopefully Champ will have something for goldtooth

philfree
10-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Interesting Stat today...over the past four years....Trent has passed for more yards than one person...Peyton....but that's still impressive.

Even though Trent was our MVP last season he's still an unsung hero around the league. It's hard to believe that this Coltsinsider pu nk is bad mouthing Green when last time the Chiefs and Colts met the Colts couldn't force the Chiefs to punt :) Go figure!

Garcia Bronco
10-24-2004, 10:13 PM
I think it is too... if it was just another Sunday afternoon game maybe not, but you guys will be going into the Jungle on a Monday Night. I think the Bengals will bring their A game, but we'll see, maybe not....

I don't think they've had a MNF game since like 92. They'll be fired up fo sure fo sure.

Deberg_1990
10-24-2004, 10:30 PM
Something else to throw out here, we have defeated the Chiefs 7 times in a row. We also haven't lost back to back games in 30 attempts.

Dude, how many times did Manning beat Florida while he was with Tennesee?? And why did they win the National Championship the year after he left??

Hammock Parties
10-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Is Coltinsider bashing Trent Green?

The guy who ranks second in the NFL over the past 3 years in passing yardage to his own godlike Peyton Manning? :rolleyes:

Donger
10-31-2004, 04:01 PM

Dan

www.coltsinsider.com

Say again?

ChiefsFire
10-31-2004, 04:03 PM

Dan

www.coltsinsider.com

DEFINE WHOOPING :hmmm:

Bob Dole
10-31-2004, 04:09 PM
Okay. Who dropped the pin in here?

Valiant
10-31-2004, 04:12 PM

But what do they have behind James?

LJ or blaylock for Harrison only if he signs a contract extension... works for me...

Ultra Peanut
10-31-2004, 06:20 PM
Are Manning and Wesley buddies now?

My only regret on that play is that the blockers didn't destroy that bitch.