PDA

View Full Version : Some of the coolest little things about today's game.

Rain Man
10-24-2004, 05:37 PM
1. The pass protection was great.

2. How about Morton doing that Bronko Nagurski thing trying to get into the end zone right before the half?

3. Allen may be starting by the end of the year.

4. Beisel just gets better every week. He made a great play running down Dunn on the sidelines, and also really stuffed an inside running play.

5. The safeties came out hitting today.

6. Roaf owned his man today. Actually, the whole OL did that.

7. Bar tee played great, and played the ball, too. Woohoo!

8. Cheek continues to be an impressive punter.

9. Blaylock showed some stuff today.

10. The interior DL was getting some penetration, and the DEs were sealing the pocket for the most part.

11. We actually disguised a few blitzes today. I love that.

COchief
10-24-2004, 05:40 PM
Don't forget multiple touchbacks on kickoffs, how long has it been since we've seen that?

BigRedChief
10-24-2004, 05:42 PM
If I may add no. 12:
Doing the wave at Arrowhead.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=102118

Deberg_1990
10-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Don't forget multiple touchbacks on kickoffs, how long has it been since we've seen that?

Week 1 Vs. Denver we saw that.

redbrian
10-24-2004, 05:50 PM
If I may add no. 12:
Doing the wave at Arrowhead.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=102118

The wave is gay, but I give a thumbs up to the Chief who put the saragoosa (sp?) squash on Vick, (didn’t get a good look at who did it, just saw one big huge Chief flatten vick)

Deberg_1990
10-24-2004, 05:51 PM

2. How about Morton doing that Bronko Nagurski thing trying to get into the end zone right before the half?

4. Beisel just gets better every week. He made a great play running down Dunn on the sidelines, and also really stuffed an inside running play.

10. The interior DL was getting some penetration, and the DEs were sealing the pocket for the most part.

Allen is great.....very impressive for a rookie...dare I say, (A poor man's Derrick Thomas?)

KcMizzou
10-24-2004, 05:52 PM
The wave is gayYes, yes it is.

Calcountry
10-24-2004, 05:52 PM

The D didn't give up a SINGLE touchdown.

Phobia
10-24-2004, 05:54 PM
The wave is gay,

Not nearly as gay as the tomahawk chop.

DaWolf
10-24-2004, 05:57 PM
Now if only we could consistently repeat that...

Deberg_1990
10-24-2004, 05:59 PM
Another one to add to that list was the return of the screen pass to our O's arsenal

Coach
10-24-2004, 06:00 PM
I thought this was also cool. "KC’s defense allowed Atlanta to convert just one of 11 (9.1%) third-down opportunities, the club’s best effort in that department since allowing the Chargers to go one of 11 (9.1%) at San Diego (11/26/00). KC allowed 103 net passing yards, the club’s fewest since permitting 96 vs. Arizona (12/1/02)."

4th and Long
10-24-2004, 06:00 PM
Agreed. However, Dick said after the game that Beisel pulled a calf muscle and it didn't sound like it would be a quick recovery.

Rausch
10-24-2004, 06:01 PM
Agreed. However, Dick said after the game that Beisel pulled a calf muscle and it didn't sound like it would be a quick recovery. :banghead:

Talisman
10-24-2004, 06:02 PM
We did look good. I think we could have taken on a platoon of marines.

redbrian
10-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Not nearly as gay as the tomahawk chop.

I rank them at equal gayness, they annoy me equally

PunkinDrublic
10-24-2004, 06:05 PM
The disguised blitz packages were awesome. You can see the defense is trying to find an identity and create some enthusiasm. The Gunther impact is definately starting to show.

the Talking Can
10-24-2004, 06:08 PM
1. The pass protection was great. (it was awesome, Welbourne played his best game and Roaf was, well...Roaf)

2. How about Morton doing that Bronko Nagurski thing trying to get into the end zone right before the half? (why did he wait so long to not play like a vagina?)

3. Allen may be starting by the end of the year. (best pick of the draft? I thought, for sure, he'd need a year to bulk up...then I watched him catch, and sack, Vick and I pee-ed myself)

4. Beisel just gets better every week. He made a great play running down Dunn on the sidelines, and also really stuffed an inside running play. (Beisel makes Mitchell look bad, which is good for us. He's a very smart player and made some tough tackles right up the middle.)

5. The safeties came out hitting today. (when our LBs play well our safties aren't exposed, Woods says "thank you")

6. Roaf owned his man today. Actually, the whole OL did that. (There needs to be a word for what Roaf did today: Roaf-ized?)

7. Bar tee played great, and played the ball, too. Woohoo! (looked much better with McCleon in the nickle...and how about Sapp?)

9. Blaylock showed some stuff today. (yes, he'll be resigned for sure in the offseason...I'm becoming more comfortable with the idea of him as an every down back once Priest retires)

10. The interior DL was getting some penetration, and the DEs were sealing the pocket for the most part. (yes! our DEs didn't bite on the bootleg....can't wait till the next Denver game)

11. We actually disguised a few blitzes today. I love that. (again, our LBs played well....first time they looked like a solid, savy group)

if we can only play like this for the next 10 weeks....I hope were not an 8-8 team that turns it on and turns it off

Bob Dole
10-24-2004, 06:10 PM
Blaylock is still running...

PunkinDrublic
10-24-2004, 06:11 PM
Blaylock is still running...

Yeah and Larry Johnson is still doing more Leon commercials.

milkman
10-24-2004, 06:12 PM
6. Roaf owned his man today. Actually, the whole OL did that. (There needs to be a word for what Roaf did today: Roaf-ized?)

How about Roafkill.

Calcountry
10-24-2004, 06:29 PM
The FG kicker, Tynes, was a perfect 8 for 8 at PAT's. :p

the Talking Can
10-24-2004, 06:33 PM
How about Roafkill.

perfect...I'll send a T-shirt with that on it to whomever it was playing DE for the Falcons

Skip Towne
10-24-2004, 06:35 PM
Bronko Nagurski huh? And just last week you were denying any knowledge of the Single Wing Offense.

Rain Man
10-24-2004, 06:36 PM
How about Roafkill.

Excellent work. Excellent.

David.
10-24-2004, 06:37 PM
The FG kicker, Tynes, was a perfect 8 for 8 at PAT's. :p

HA, yah, I'm sure the coaches had Tynes doing pats all week.