PDA

View Full Version : IVAN CARTER ... chiefs beat writer?

Mr. Laz
10-25-2004, 10:00 AM
Ivan Carter was on with Frank Boal last night after the chiefs game.

after the interview, Boal referred to Carter as the "beat writer for the kansas city chiefs"

Did Carter take over Teicher's position with the chiefs?

if so, about time ... teicher suxors :thumb:

The Bad Guy
10-25-2004, 10:01 AM
I doubt it.

They are both beat writers.

Mr. Laz
10-25-2004, 10:03 AM
I doubt it.

They are both beat writers.

:hmmm:

but i thought there was one main guy that was usually call "The Beat writer for the chiefs"

:shrug:

not that it really matters

CosmicPal
10-25-2004, 10:18 AM
Frank "ego" Boal doesn't know shite...

Kerouac, Burroughs, Allen Ginsberg, Gregory Corso, Lawrence Ferlinghetti and a few others are the real beat writers.

KC Jones
10-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Frank "ego" Boal doesn't know shite...

Kerouac, Burroughs, Allen Ginsberg, Gregory Corso, Lawrence Ferlinghetti and a few others are the real beat writers.

ROFL

I think Carter got the Chiefs gig a few years back. I don't remember all the details but there was a big shifting or the sports writers a year or two ago. They may have decided to put two writers on the Chiefs but I can't recall exactly. Either way, if you've been paying attention Carter is the one doing all Chiefs notes and such this year.

Jmart
10-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Anyone who covers the team on a regular basis is a beat writer. There are many writers on one beat at a paper -- there can be more than one for any given subject.

Deberg_1990
10-25-2004, 10:45 AM
What exactly is a Chiefs Beat writer anyways?? Does that mean that he only writes about the Chiefs??