PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel the momentum shifting?

jjjayb
10-25-2004, 10:24 PM
With our phenomenal win against Atlanta. The Raiders loss to the Aints. And now the Donks loss to the Bungles!?!

I definitely feel it. It feels like the clouds are breaking up and the sun is going to shine on our beloved Chiefs! I hope I'm not wrong about this, but it sure feels like it.

We started out with 9 straight wins last season. Maybe we can go 9 straight now! Am I just a delusional fool?

KcMizzou
10-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Shhh.. you'll jinx it.

Mile High Mania
10-25-2004, 10:25 PM
I have said this all along ... it is a long season.

Hammock Parties
10-25-2004, 10:26 PM
CAN I GET A WITNESS FROM THE CONGREGATION!

Rausch
10-25-2004, 10:29 PM
CAN I GET A WITNESS FROM THE CONGREGATION!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.algore04.com/gallery/mr_popularity/gore-amen.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.algore04.com/gallery/mr_popularity/pagethree.shtml&h=618&w=864&sz=24&tbnid=NaY_67AfzEwJ:&tbnh=103&tbnw=144&start=17&prev=/images%3Fq%3Damen%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

keg in kc
10-25-2004, 10:30 PM
No, not yet. The door isn't open. There's a crack, maybe, a tiny one, but a hell of a lot more needs to happen to salvage something out of our start.

PastorMikH
10-25-2004, 10:34 PM
The Falcons are going to be stinging all week from the beating they got yesterday. They may be tough for Denver to beat next weekend. The only thing better then Denver losing a game is Denver losing 2 in a row.

tk13
10-25-2004, 10:36 PM
After one week? No way... let's just hope the Chiefs take care of their business and let the chips fall where they may. We're not out of it....

Rausch
10-25-2004, 10:37 PM
After one week? No way... let's just hope the Chiefs take care of their business and let the chips fall where they may.

Exactly...

OldTownChief
10-25-2004, 10:40 PM
The Falcons are going to be stinging all week from the beating they got yesterday. They may be tough for Denver to beat next weekend. The only thing better then Denver losing a game is Denver losing 2 in a row.

We desperately need a Chiefs win over Indy and a Donks loss to Atlanta. The Donks will IMPLODE, It's there nature. I'm a little worried about Marty ball.

Logical
10-25-2004, 10:42 PM
Let's not get carried away, we have at least two more likely losses with Indy and NE on the schedule and a need to run the table on all the rest of our games to have a chance. Those are some mighty long odds.

Mile High Mania
I really don't see Atlanta bringing enough to the table to beat Denver... yes, I know Denver played foolishly, but the Falcons aren't an offensive powerhouse.

If Atlanta loses and Denver wins in week 8 ... we're right back to where we were 4 hours ago.

Hammock Parties
We desperately need a Chiefs win over Indy and a Donks loss to Atlanta. The Donks will IMPLODE, It's there nature. I'm a little worried about Marty ball.

If we could get to 4-4 and the Donks fall to 5-3 at the break....it's NOT EVEN CLOSE to being over...that's a damn catfight for the division right there.

OldTownChief
10-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Let's not get carried away, we have at least two more likely losses with Indy and NE on the schedule and a need to run the table on all the rest of our games to have a chance. Those are some mighty long odds.

No doubt we'll need a lot of help from the Chief's Gods to pull this off.

Earthling
10-25-2004, 10:48 PM
It makes me feel better if I think of it this way:
The Chiefs have only lost 2 more games than the division leader with a lot of games left to play... :thumb:

Mile High Mania
10-25-2004, 10:48 PM
If we could get to 4-4 and the Donks fall to 5-3 at the break....it's NOT EVEN CLOSE to being over...that's a damn catfight for the division right there.

Denver has a bye in week 10... they have the Falcons and Texans at home, and I seriously doubt they'll lose either, much less both. Denver will be 7-2 at the bye week (10).

Hell, even if they are 6-3 at week 10, that's not a bad record at all... KC has Indy at home then at the Bucs. Neither of those games will be easy and then in week 10, KC has the Saints. KC should win that game.

So, going into week 11, Denver should still have a divisional lead of 2 games minimum, most likely 3.

Hammock Parties
10-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Denver has a bye in week 10... they have the Falcons and Texans at home, and I seriously doubt they'll lose either, much less both. Denver will be 7-2 at the bye week (10).

Hell, even if they are 6-3 at week 10, that's not a bad record at all... KC has Indy at home then at the Bucs. Neither of those games will be easy and then in week 10, KC has the Saints. KC should win that game.

So, going into week 11, Denver should still have a divisional lead of 2 games minimum, most likely 3.

That's what your hoping for...the reality is, Cincy just took you guys out behind the woodshed. Both Atlanta and Houston are capable of beating you.

OldTownChief
10-25-2004, 10:52 PM
I'll feel a lot different if we can beat Manning on his home field(Arrowhead)

Rausch
10-25-2004, 10:52 PM
That's what your hoping for...the reality is, Cincy just took you guys out behind the woodshed. Both Atlanta and Houston are capable of beating you.

I think the Donks will kill Atlanta, but they'll have their hands full with the Texans....

Mile High Mania
10-25-2004, 10:53 PM

Oh - we're talking reality? Ah, ok. The reality is that any team can win on any Sunday... there are roughly 30 teams capable of beating either of our teams.

Falcons and Texans @ Denver ... I like Denver's chances to go 2-0 at home.

Randallflagg
10-25-2004, 10:53 PM
That's the beauty of football....you never know! I'll bet you a silver dollar that the broncs never expected to lose that game tonight....It's a long season folks...the fat lady ain't started singing yet....

BigChiefFan
10-25-2004, 10:55 PM

So, going into week 11, Denver should still have a divisional lead of 2 games minimum, most likely 3.I don't know how you can draw that conclusion. There are NO gimmes in the league anymore. If you can lose to the Bengals, you can lose to anybody. Chalking up wins for games that haven't even been played is a bit premature don't you think? The Texans are a better team than you are giving them credit for and the Falcons aren't going to roll over and die. The Falcons will be on a mission to thump the Broncos and it looks like you all are already looking past them.

BigChiefFan
10-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Oh - we're talking reality? Ah, ok. The reality is that any team can win on any Sunday... there are roughly 30 teams capable of beating either of our teams.

You also liked your chances tonight, I believe you hoped for it to be a laugher. It was a laugher if your a Chief fan. :p

Earthling
10-25-2004, 11:01 PM

I sure will be glad when Denvers on the road again. That said, Atlanta will be playing you guys really tough just to erase the memories of the stompin' the Chiefs put on them.

OldTownChief
10-25-2004, 11:03 PM
I'm not expecting much from Atlanta when playing ANY AFC team on the road.

Coach
10-25-2004, 11:03 PM
As for the Colts game, I can think of one thing that can happen as a motivating tool for the Chiefs.

You know a couple of Tagliabu's clips dogging the Chiefs D after the playoff loss to the Colts last year will be playing in the locker room this week.

Mile High Mania
10-25-2004, 11:05 PM
I don't know how you can draw that conclusion. There are NO gimmes in the league anymore. If you can lose to the Bengals, you can lose to anybody. Chalking up wins for games that haven't even been played is a bit premature don't you think? The Texans are a better team than you are giving them credit for and the Falcons aren't going to roll over and die. The Falcons will be on a mission to thump the Broncos and it looks like you all are already looking past them.

Ok, am I not doing the same as some of you? Some of you are looking at Indy and predicting a win. I'm just doing the same thing.

If Atlanta will be steaming after a bad loss at Arrowhead, why couldn't Denver be steaming after a bad loss at Cincy - looking to rebound at home?

Mile High Mania
10-25-2004, 11:06 PM
You also liked your chances tonight, I believe you hoped for it to be a laugher. It was a laugher if your a Chief fan. :p

True - I said much of the same things leading up to this week as I did back in week 1. Sometimes your gut feeling is right, others not.

E@SHSU
10-25-2004, 11:08 PM
Hey with four losses, we've already dodged the curse of 13-3.

OldTownChief
10-25-2004, 11:15 PM
The way I see it the only time the Chiefs need to worry about Denver is on Dec 19th. If we can get to Manning and bust him in the chops a few times we'll be right back in the fight and I'll get some confidence back in our team. If we can't, another beating by Manning in Arrowhead will be to much to recover from.

BigChiefFan
10-25-2004, 11:17 PM
True - I said much of the same things leading up to this week as I did back in week 1. Sometimes your gut feeling is right, others not.
Your the coolest Dorko fan around. It's refreshing to see a dorko fan that isn't entirely FOS. :p You sure you aren't a Chiefs fan?

Warrior5
10-26-2004, 02:11 AM
The way I see it the only time the Chiefs need to worry about Denver is on Dec 19th. If we can get to Manning and bust him in the chops a few times we'll be right back in the fight and I'll get some confidence back in our team. If we can't, another beating by Manning in Arrowhead will be to much to recover from.

Harumph!

Chiefs must take care of their own business right now, and that's beating the dreaded Colt Curse on Sunday. Colts have the keys and pink slip to Arrowhead, and the Chiefs need to get them back.

tk13
10-26-2004, 02:32 AM
Harumph!

Chiefs must take care of their own business right now, and that's beating the dreaded Colt Curse on Sunday. Colts have the keys and pink slip to Arrowhead, and the Chiefs need to get them back.
Yeah, I've seen more than one poster over on the Colts boards say "We own the Chiefs"... and you can't do anything but sit there and grit your teeth, painful.... that needs to change this week.

Ugly Duck
10-26-2004, 03:12 AM
Yeah, you're probably delusional. But, who cares? That's half the fun of being a fan.Speaking of delusional.... here's a fun Mange take before Monday Night kickoff:

"This game should be decided before halftime. In previous years, this would be a game that the Broncoz would look past and struggle to win or even lose. This year has been different for one reason, focus. This team exudes confidence in their abilities without being arrogant. They realize that they can all get better every game. No one is satisfied with good any more, they want excellence. The Desperate Bengals are facing the wrong team to get back on track. I see 24-3 at the half, with a 45-3 final score. The defense gets its first turnover for a TD and Reuben catches the league leaders in rushing."

chiefsfolife
10-26-2004, 03:49 AM
i honestly dont see indy as a likely loss
easy win more like it

chiefsfolife
10-26-2004, 03:50 AM
no cool donkey fans...f#ck them all

MichaelH
10-26-2004, 03:59 AM
No doubt we'll need a lot of help from the Chief's Gods to pull this off.

I got the goat all ready in the back yard. ROFL

Seriously folks, the door is open, but as some said, just a crack. The Chiefs need to win more than one game in a row. It's called consistentcy and so far the Chiefs haven't had it.

I do feel excited and I think the Chiefs can do it, but it's a long season and lots of things can happen. I say let's take one game at a time and see where the chips fall. A win over the Colts will start the ball rolling.

Redcoats58
10-26-2004, 06:34 AM
easy win more like it
:spock:

ROYC75
10-26-2004, 06:45 AM
WINNING BREEDS CONFIDENCE ..........

Again I say the bye week was a killer, it broke the players confidene.

BigRedChief
10-26-2004, 07:08 AM

I agree. but we have to beat the Colts and denver lose to a team we exposed as frauds. battling long odds but this team doesn't suck as bad as you would think a 1-4 team would. Same as we were not really a 9-0 team. We got our last chance to save the season. Hopefully they will grab the ring...

Eleazar
10-26-2004, 07:10 AM
easy win more like it

You obviously haven't been watching the Chiefs for very long :spock:

Eleazar
10-26-2004, 07:10 AM
At any rate, we're going to have to get back to .500 before I feel and momentum shifting.

Fairplay
10-26-2004, 07:19 AM
I have to poop i feel the momentum shifting.

BigRedChief
10-26-2004, 07:23 AM
QUOTE=Fairplay]I have to poop i feel the momentum shifting.[/QUOTE]

:LOL: Too much information :redface:

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-26-2004, 07:25 AM
Am I just a delusional fool?
:hmmm:

I don't know........but I can tell you one thing............... I definately can feel the momentum shifting.

shakesthecat
10-26-2004, 07:35 AM
:hmmm:

I don't know........but I can tell you one thing............... I definately can feel the momentum shifting.

But KC should still fire that crybaby DV, and write off the rest of the season, right?

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-26-2004, 07:40 AM
But KC should still fire that crybaby DV, and write off the rest of the season, right?
definately.

Eleazar
10-26-2004, 07:47 AM

ROFL