PDA

View Full Version : what a great first visit to Arrowhead

Buster's Dad
10-26-2004, 05:50 AM
First trip to arrowhead was a once in a lifetime experince, my son and I arrived early and just wandered around the parking lot till the gates opened, about burned out my camera.
my ears are still ringing from all the noise, I can see why teams hate to play here, after the game Derek and I met up with X-Factor and had a couple of brews with him, he's from my hometown and went to school with my son.
Derek and I had a great time, spent the long 6 1/2 hour drive home rehashing the game.
Got home and gave the wife a great big kiss and thanked her for the best birthday present ever. GO CHIEFS. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Gaz
10-26-2004, 05:53 AM
What an excellent day that must have been.

xoxo~
Gaz
Turning green.

Warrior5
10-26-2004, 05:59 AM
The ultimate father-son bonding experience...thanks for reminding us all.

Fairplay
10-26-2004, 06:01 AM
Im jealous. Glad you had a good experience.

KCKID58
10-26-2004, 06:25 AM
well i'm going this sunday for my first time @ arrowhead.i cannot wait to feel the NOISE. i am going to sit in the stands as long as possible just to feel the atmosphere of being in arrowhead. i've seen the chiefs on the road in N.Y., WASHINGTON, and PITTSBURG before but never at arrowhead.. i hope my ears bleed.... i cannot wait ....

BigRedChief
10-26-2004, 06:39 AM
First trip to arrowhead was a once in a lifetime experince, my son and I arrived early and just wandered around the parking lot till the gates opened, about burned out my camera.
my ears are still ringing from all the noise, I can see why teams hate to play here, after the game Derek and I met up with X-Factor and had a couple of brews with him, he's from my hometown and went to school with my son.
Derek and I had a great time, spent the long 6 1/2 hour drive home rehashing the game.
Got home and gave the wife a great big kiss and thanked her for the best birthday present ever. GO CHIEFS. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

As a jaded season ticket holder thanks for reminding me what I have that others don't get the chance to experience very often.:thumb:

What did you think about the "wave"? That was something unique to that game.

Fairplay
10-26-2004, 06:44 AM
What did you think about the "wave"? That was something unique to that game.

I love the wave. Some people don't like it. Hey when you see it is when your teams owning. You do it to have fun with the experience. You are in affect celebrateing as a body. I hope the wave happens early and often this Sunday.

Buster's Dad
10-26-2004, 06:44 AM
The level of the noise is unbeleiveable, we were in section 310 and it was loud, cannot think of how it must be at field level.
On Blaylock's first touchdown saw Tony Richerdson deleiver a crushing block. I saw offense linemen looking for people to block downfield and no one was there but Chiefs. and the defense was impressive, was really a great day.
Haven't seen Derek so excited since he was a little fellow at christmas, as for me the whole experince was somthing that I will never forget.
Getting to see the record setting 8 touchdowns was just icing on the cake .

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-26-2004, 07:31 AM
First trip to arrowhead was a once in a lifetime experince
Technically you're right.

Glad you had fun.

:thumb:

R&GHomer
10-26-2004, 08:42 AM
Arrowhead is a great experience. I'm glad you and your Son where able to share it together.

CosmicPal
10-26-2004, 08:53 AM
It truly is an awesome experience. I don't remember my first time at Arrowhead for I was too young, but I do recall with great appreciation so many games at Arrowhead with my father...I can't thank him enough for the experiences.

On a sidenote, I'll be in KC for the KC/Denver game- I'll be bringing a few Donkey fans to enjoy their first time ever in Arrowhead.

NewChief
10-26-2004, 09:07 AM
On a sidenote, I'll be in KC for the KC/Denver game- I'll be bringing a few Donkey fans to enjoy their first time ever in Arrowhead.

Just a suggestion:

Don't bring them to the CP gathering and ask the CP members to, "give them a hard time." You know how that went over whenever you asked the people around here to go over to their blog and harass them. Some of your Donkey fans might not make it home in one piece.;)

Lzen
10-26-2004, 09:56 AM
Sounds great, Buster's Dad. I too, took my 2 boys and my nephew to their first ever game at Arrowhead. I've been to many Chiefs games but never took my boys. They had the time of their lives. And the game couldn't have been any better. They were loving doing the wave. It was a great time all around. Here's my 8 year old. He's the football player in my sig. My nephew is peeking around from behind him.

Lzen
10-26-2004, 09:59 AM
My other boy and my nephew.

Lzen
10-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Here's us in the concourse after the game. The pic isn't very good quality. I really need a new digital camera.

redfan
10-27-2004, 02:43 PM
This thread kicks ass!!
I gotta do a "me too" per what BRC said. Sometimes I forget how truly awesome the Arrowhead Experience is for a Chiefs fan who's never been there before. I can't wait 'til I get my own 'lil critter to take to games. What a great Father/Son activity.
The crowd was the best yet this season. (Funny how handin' the visiting team their ass on a platter will do that.) Criminy, we even had the rare double wave going!
Looking forward to the Indy game. Snot-boy(Manning) is gonna hate it! Although it didn't seem to bother him too much last year...motherbugger.

Dartgod
10-27-2004, 03:15 PM
As a jaded season ticket holder thanks for reminding me what I have that others don't get the chance to experience very often.:thumb:
Right. My wife and I have had discussions about whether or not to renew our season tix next year. After the game, we were walking out of the stadium and she and I agreed that days like that day were the very reason we will never give up our tickets as long as we can afford them. It was an incredible atmosphere...

BigRedChief
10-27-2004, 03:22 PM
Right. My wife and I have had discussions about whether or not to renew our season tix next year. After the game, we were walking out of the stadium and she and I agreed that days like that day were the very reason we will never give up our tickets as long as we can afford them. It was an incredible atmosphere...

It's those moments that I'll remember forever. Chanting 9-0. Doing the wave. Dante's return against Denver etc. that make it worth the cost and time. :clap:

Skip Towne
10-27-2004, 08:33 PM
It truly is an awesome experience. I don't remember my first time at Arrowhead for I was too young, but I do recall with great appreciation so many games at Arrowhead with my father...I can't thank him enough for the experiences.

Where are you parking? I need to know where to place the snipers.

Buster's Dad
10-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Derek and I have decided to make this a annual trip, as long as my health holds up, I am facing major surgury on my spine after the first of the year.
Thought I was going to crawl up that last concourse between the 2nd and 3 rd level, but after the game I just sorted floated down.
My wife recorded the game and I watched it after work monday, but I am really spoiled now, would like to go more often but a 900 mile round trip very often is out of the question, watching a game on t.v. will never be the same---- SMASH INDY :thumb: :thumb:

Pants
10-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Derek and I have decided to make this a annual trip, as long as my health holds up, I am facing major surgury on my spine after the first of the year.
Thought I was going to crawl up that last concourse between the 2nd and 3 rd level, but after the game I just sorted floated down.
My wife recorded the game and I watched it after work monday, but I am really spoiled now, would like to go more often but a 900 mile round trip very often is out of the question, watching a game on t.v. will never be the same---- SMASH INDY :thumb: :thumb:

Where do you live?

Buster's Dad
10-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Scott City Ks., 50 miles from the Colo. border, 105 miles from both the Neb and Okla borders

Buster's Dad
10-27-2004, 10:02 PM
Scott City Ks., 50 miles from the Colo. border, 105 miles from both the Neb and Okla borders
Way out in the west central part of Ks. just about 450 miles from my place to the stadium :( :(

BigRedChief
10-27-2004, 10:02 PM

They will let you use the elevators to go up to the top section. Just ask.

Skip Towne
10-27-2004, 10:08 PM
They will let you use the elevators to go up to the top section. Just ask.
I thought you had to be a fat boy to get to use the elevator.

alanm
10-27-2004, 10:09 PM
Scott City Ks., 50 miles from the Colo. border, 105 miles from both the Neb and Okla bordersI know how you feel about the long drive. I've done it from Scottsbluff, NE a few times. But usually go to Denver to catch the Chiefs. But it sure as hell ain't the same in Denver. Unless of course they win.:thumb:

stevieray
10-27-2004, 10:13 PM
Good for you and your son!

:thumb:

Fairplay
10-28-2004, 12:32 AM

Your'e in bum f**k eygpt dude.

alanm
10-28-2004, 12:55 AM
Your'e in bum f**k eygpt dude.ROFL Yeah, but we're in God's country! The scenery here is like the backdrop of every western movie you've ever seen. I love it here in Western Ne.:thumb: Plus I'm only a short drive to the Mnts of Wyoming and huge Pine forrests. This is campers paradise.