PDA

View Full Version : Who would you start (fantasy)

Eleazar
10-26-2004, 07:03 AM
RB Chester Taylor BAL - @Phi
RB Stephen Davis CAR - @Sea
WR L. Fitzgerald ARI - @Buf
WR K. McCardell SD - Oak

Got my WR/RB slot up for grabs this week, since Jamal Lewis's boys couldn't find their own hookup.

chiefz
10-26-2004, 07:19 AM
I would start Taylor @ Phi because the Phi run defense isn't too good this year.

I would also start McCardell @ Oak because not only is their pass defense only so so but McCardell and Brees got a chance to hook up a few times last week and he will likely be the number one target this week.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-26-2004, 07:27 AM
Something tells me that I like McCardell at Oakland. Just a feeling. Of course I could be wrong.

Eleazar
10-26-2004, 09:50 PM
one more bump for more opinions...

Miles
10-26-2004, 10:00 PM
Your asking for 1 starter for the flex right?

Depends how much production you need out of that spot. Chester Taylor is the safest bet against a suspect Philly run D. If S Davis looks like he is healthy by gametime he is also worth a look.

Fitz has a bad matchup and it looks like Boldin may be back. McCardell is really risky since he hasnt played much and he has Brees throwing to him.

Eleazar
10-26-2004, 10:04 PM
Yep, one for the flex. I was leaning towards Taylor but wondered what others thought of Fitz and McCardell.

I've only started Fitzgerald once and luckily he caught a TD. Don't really know if Boldin will affect him much or not. Could leave the defense less room to cover him, or he could take away some of his looks. If Boldin is really ready to go yet, which is an unknown quantity at the moment :shrug:

And, it was Jeff Blake throwing most of those balls Boldin's way last year, maybe McCown has a rythmn with Fitzgerald now. Receivers seem like they are pretty suceptible to changes in QB.

Phobia
10-26-2004, 10:10 PM
I would start Davis. He's due. Past due.

However, you should do the opposite of whatever I say. That way, you'll get the most points available. I always leave my points sitting on the bench. I've sucked ass at FFL for 2 years now. I don't know WTF happened to me.

Eleazar
10-26-2004, 10:16 PM
You may be onto something Phobia... last week the Seachickens gave up 100 yards and a score to Emmitt Smith.. the week before, 100 yards and 2 TD's to corey dillon.. previous week, 100 yards to Faulk/Jackson splitting carries and a TD run for Bulger.

Maybe Davis is the right play if he's ready to go.

Miles
10-26-2004, 10:27 PM
You may be onto something Phobia... last week the Seachickens gave up 100 yards and a score to Emmitt Smith.. the week before, 100 yards and 2 TD's to corey dillon.. previous week, 100 yards to Faulk/Jackson splitting carries and a TD run for Bulger.

Definitly keep a close eye on Davis this week. If the reports are not really optomistic i wouldnt take the risk. Also depends on your matchup...do you need decent production from this spot or big game potential?

Phobia
10-26-2004, 10:31 PM

I guess you didn't really understand. If I think it's a good idea, clearly it is a horrible idea. Don't do what I've suggested with regard to FFL. Unless I made the suggestion 2 or more years ago. I lost the mojo.

DenverChief
10-27-2004, 01:58 AM
I would take Davis or McCardell...McCardell is going to be on Brees short list of targets....I like RB's more at the flex position though because of their "duality" as a runner and reciever, but Davis doesn't catch out of the backfield much so....hasn't Davis been hurt tho? I would go with McCardell...

Rausch
10-27-2004, 02:01 AM
Make a trade.

Fast...

DenverChief
10-27-2004, 02:02 AM
Make a trade.

Fast... ROFL

DenverChief
10-27-2004, 02:11 AM
BTW Thanks for the heads up on Taylor...I was looking for anotther RB to help me get thru the Onterrio Smith suspention

ChiefJustice
10-27-2004, 03:42 AM
I think Fitz has the best chance this week.

GoTrav
10-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Taylor and Fitz, I'm thinking. Not sure if Davis is even going to go. You may check your WW for Brad Hoover as an insurance policy for Davis. But I'm counting on Davis being out, because I need a 2nd back and Hoover is all I got!

e_train69
10-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Has M. Moore (RB Minn.) been picked up yet. I picked him up last week and they say he's gonna remain the starter in Minn. even though Bennett is coming back this week. He has been awfully impressive. No touchdowns yet, but they will come.

Macroach
10-27-2004, 11:24 AM
I like Fitz. I read an article on rotoworld about how receivers such as Jimmy Smith, Fitz, and (As a LOW-Rent version, Johnnie Morton) don't kill your team because they put up steady numbers each week.

Of course, now that I have recommended Fitz, he won't catch another pass this year.