PDA

View Full Version : Some Chiefs rush defense stats. Warning... average is only stat used!

Coogs
10-26-2004, 10:37 AM
I broke down some rushing stats for the last four games. Some people here remain unconvinced our rush defense is improving. Keep in mind, these stats are going to be skewed a bit, but they show some interesting trends none the less.

The top rushing defense for the season is allowing 86.7 ypg. Over the last "four" games, the Chiefs are giving up... "TO RB's ONLY".... 65 ypg. That is a whopping 21.7 ypg better than the average. The yardage is 260 yards on 73 carries for a 3.6 apc. A 3.6 apc is 4th in the NFL.

I realize you can not discount the QB's rushing stats in each game. But the QB's have accounted for 116 yards on 17 carries. That is a 6.8 apc for the QB's and 29 ypg average.

Gun has found a way to harness in the RB's since the 2nd week. After giving up 352 yards on 66 carries, and being ranked last in the league in nearly every catagory, the defense has made an unbelievable recovery. I suspect he will find a way to harness in the opposing QB's, now that the RB's have been slowed.

Coogs - loves bending the stats around to show trends.

Bowser
10-26-2004, 10:41 AM
It's been evident. Our D is playing with ALOT more fire, a real creadit to Gun and his staff to pull that kind of turnaround in such a short amount of time.

Lzen
10-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Thanks for doing that. I had thought about doing that, too. But I forgot or got lazy or something.............

......what were we talking about again?

Coogs
10-26-2004, 11:41 AM
Thanks for doing that. I had thought about doing that, too. But I forgot or got lazy or something.............

......what were we talking about again?

:) You're welcome!

Monty
10-26-2004, 12:00 PM
Even if you add all of the rushing yards for all backs per game over the last 4 games(93.5 avg), that would rank our rushing D at 4th in the league, one spot ahead of the Donks. :thumb:

Gun has done a hell of a job so far and it's only going to get better IMO. :toast: