PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see Sportscenter

ChiefsCountry
10-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Cardinals still upset over Denkinger's call. They had a nice little segment on it. I think its funny they didnt mention that Ortga got out right after that.

Demonpenz
10-26-2004, 04:43 PM
man what a great team that cards team was to let one out make the team fall apart and lose two games/

Megbert
10-26-2004, 04:50 PM
The blind homer in me still says he was safe. I mean people can use video to make you believe whatever fits their agenda. Besides he was called out at second. What about the missed foul ball, what about that Cards fans huh huh?? If they caught that ball the 85 Cards woulda been champs. Boo Hoo. I believe The Royals are still waiting for Joaquin A to pay for the damage he caused with his fist.

Calcountry
10-26-2004, 04:55 PM
man what a great team that cards team was to let one out make the team fall apart and lose two games/
Kind of reminds me of 1985.

KcMizzou
10-26-2004, 04:57 PM
Kind of reminds me of 1985.
:spock: Well, yeah. I suppose it should.

:p

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Cardinals still upset over Denkinger's call. They had a nice little segment on it. I think its funny they didnt mention that Ortga got out right after that.
It was a bad call. Even Denkinger admits it now. That said, the Cardinals are a bunch of whiney pansy-asses for not balling up at all in game seven. That call didn't cause 11 runs to be scored by the Royals the next night.

They're just pissed because they're about to blow another series.

WilliamTheIrish
10-26-2004, 05:29 PM
The Royals are still waiting for Joaquin A to pay for the damage he caused....

Andujar caused more damage to St. Louis than he ever could to the Royals clubhouse.

Andujar served up Frank White's titanic blast in game 3. That ball is still in orbit.

Matter of fact that blast happened 18 years ago Sunday.

ChiefsCountry
10-26-2004, 05:50 PM
Andujar caused more damage to St. Louis than he ever could to the Royals clubhouse.

Andujar served up Frank White's titanic blast in game 3. That ball is still in orbit.

Matter of fact that blast happened 18 years ago Sunday.

19 years ago.

WilliamTheIrish
10-26-2004, 05:52 PM
19 years ago.

It was my attempt to stay a year younger...

ChiefsCountry
10-26-2004, 05:53 PM
It was my attempt to stay a year younger...

And mine to stay 2 years older.

siberian khatru
10-26-2004, 06:37 PM
Maybe if their super-strikeout relief ace hadn't given up an 0-2 hit to perhaps the worst 2-strike hitter in baseball, Denkinger's call wouldn't have mattered. Or if they hadn't given Balboni an extra swing. Or if they hadn't let a passed ball move the winning run into scoring position after the Royals had blown the bunt.

Cardinal biatches have no logic to argue with, just whiny-ass pissing and moaning, like pre-menstrual pubescent girls.

PunkinDrublic
10-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Deep down tardinal fans know their team was a part of one of the biggest choke jobs of all time. It's convenient for them to whine about Denkinger but everybody knows that a true champion plays through bad calls.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2004, 07:41 PM
Hahaha..yea, id still be pretty upset over it as well if I was a Cards fan. That just might be the most obvious blown call in baseball history.

Mosbonian
10-26-2004, 09:05 PM
The company i work for here in Columbia sponsors a golf tournament to benefit the Show-Me State games....this year's 'big name" guest was Jack Clark....(Jack's put on some big time weight since his playing days)

Part of the tournament is a silent auction for items donated by several of the local businesses. Among the things being auctioned off were several Cardinal items, but the one that stood out most was a nicely framed photo entitled "The Call" showing a freeze frame view of Orta, Clark and Denkinger....this one drew the biggest bunch of pissing and moaning and whining I have ever heard.

All these years later and they can't seem to let it go.....

mmaddog

Mosbonian
10-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Hahaha..yea, id still be pretty upset over it as well if I was a Cards fan. That just might be the most obvious blown call in baseball history.

While these aren't baseball...

You've evidently forgotten the "phantom holding call" in Miami on Dave Szott after Okoye's run to set up the field goal.

Or the 40 thousand times that the Officiating crew turned into Stevie Wonder whenever John Elway was playing.....

BIG_DADDY
10-27-2004, 12:13 AM

Are you related to Denise? What's next oopsie poopsie?

Demonpenz
10-27-2004, 12:30 AM
That was still a bang bang play in my book. Good teams overcome bad calls not fall apart in 11 innings. Jack Clark is even a shitty drag racer. **** Jack clark his race teams and everything else he has done

Pitt Gorilla
10-27-2004, 12:55 AM
While these aren't baseball...

You've evidently forgotten the "phantom holding call" in Miami on Dave Szott after Okoye's run to set up the field goal.

Or the 40 thousand times that the Officiating crew turned into Stevie Wonder whenever John Elway was playing.....Gonzo being forced out of the endzone in the Donx playoff game...

BigRedChief
10-27-2004, 06:51 AM
Cards are in the WS.... the fans are out in full force on the board... and yet none wanna come tell us how that call cost them the 85 WS? there must've been too many facts posted before they saw this thread.

The Cardinal fans that think the bad call at first coast us the series are morons. It didn't help but Jack Clark's dropped foul ball didn't help, losing our lead off hitter didn't help, get our ass's handed to us in game 7 didn't help. The next day after the call I was telling people to STFU about the call.

Posted by beer me - Yesterday at 06:16 PMThey're just pissed because they're about to blow another series

So you think that the Cardinals were such an overpowering team that they should have swept the Red Sox? That would be blowing a series. We have no pitching and Rolen and Edmonds bats are silent. Thats why we are going to lose the series. The Red Sox are playing better baseball. They deserve to win. To say we are blowing it is the same as saying that the Res Sox are lucky that the Cardinals gave the series to them.

irishjayhawk
10-27-2004, 07:18 AM
Gonzo being forced out of the endzone in the Donx playoff game...
Yeah...the year before Instant Replay came back.