PDA

View Full Version : Watching NFL Network...

CosmicPal
10-27-2004, 05:33 PM
just now....

and Shanahan invited the press into Denver's film room today to show films of chop blocks and cut blocks. After showing the media some film, he went on to say that this kind of stuff happens all across the league and that this is the last time he's going to talk about it.

:hmmm:

I'm sure it does happen all across the league- it's just that other teams don't make it routine in their game.

BIG_DADDY
10-27-2004, 05:35 PM
Somebody should break rat faces leg and refuse to talk about it. What an asshole.

HolmeZz
10-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Were all these cutblocks taking place during the play or did they occur when the defensive player had his back turned and was in no position to make a tackle on the play?

jspchief
10-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Did he also list all the other teams that have seriously injured five players in the last five years using this technique? F*ck that rat. Of course he doesn't want to talk about his teams dirty play.

FAX
10-27-2004, 05:40 PM
From the beginning of western civilization, there has always been a distinction between what is "legal" and what is "morally right".

There is no question that "cut blocks" are professionally and morally indefensible irrespective of their "legality" within the rules of football. There is a very good reason why very few teams utilize these techniques on a consistent basis. With few exceptions, they are unjustified and unprofessional.

Shanahan is defending the indefensible as I'm sure most professional football players would agree.

FAX

Bob Dole
10-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Did anyone ask him WTF is up with his eyes?

Bob Dole really wants to know what the deal is with his eyes.

CosmicPal
10-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Did he also list all the other teams that have seriously injured five players in the last five years using this technique? F*ck that rat. Of course he doesn't want to talk about his teams dirty play.

He showed film on the Foster block, and then what I thought was funny (since Cowher talked about the incident) Shanahan showed the media film on Pittsburgh doing the same thing....

What a jerk.

Braincase
10-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Shanahan, convicted cheater. I have as much respect for him as I do the turd I just dropped.

FAX
10-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Actually, it is my opinion that the comparison of Shanahan and Mr. Braincase's "turd" seems extraordinarily appropriate in this case. Depending, of course, on the material properties of the afore-mentioned "turd".

Best,

FAX

shaneo69
10-27-2004, 06:30 PM
No, Shanahan's right. In fact, there was a dirty leg whip by the Falcons this past weekend that injured Junior Siavii.

Oh wait, I almost forgot.....the Falcons' new O-line coach is Alex Gibbs, the same guy that taught the Broncos the leg whipping, chop blocking, cheap shot scheme.

Skip Towne
10-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Did anyone ask him WTF is up with his eyes?

Bob Dole really wants to know what the deal is with his eyes.
Do you mean the beadiness?

Spicy McHaggis
10-27-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm going to pad up and take a dive at The Rat's right knee. That MF'r would have to to use elevators and a walker for the rest of his life if I had my way.

Bob Dole
10-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Do you mean the beadiness?

No. the fact that they appear to be different sizes and one doesn't seem to move like the other.

Braincase
10-27-2004, 07:25 PM
Why were you holding a turd?

It dropped out of my ass. Kind of like where your good ideas come from.

Braincase
10-27-2004, 07:26 PM
Actually, it is my opinion that the comparison of Shanahan and Mr. Braincase's "turd" seems extraordinarily appropriate in this case. Depending, of course, on the material properties of the afore-mentioned "turd".

Best,

FAX

OK. I wanna know if this guy is really Legitimus Grim. Gary, that you?

chief52
10-27-2004, 07:35 PM
Why were you holding a turd?
ROFL struck me very funny..........

stevieray
10-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Other teams don't lead the league in fines.

EVERY year.

rocks
10-27-2004, 08:32 PM
That's right he is a Rat Fink little Turd in the first degree! They teach this stuff in Denver, Mark Shlarith(?) admitted it tonight on ESPN NFL. Even he said it was a cheap shot!!

Mile High Mania
10-27-2004, 08:41 PM
That's right he is a Rat Fink little Turd in the first degree! They teach this stuff in Denver, Mark Shlarith(?) admitted it tonight on ESPN NFL. Even he said it was a cheap shot!!

He said they teach "putting your guy on the ground" and demonstrated a legal way to do it, and then yes - he denounced what Foster did.

rocks
10-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Spin it the way you want Bro, you just can't change the proven fact that the Denver franchise are a bunch of cheaters!

Bowser
10-27-2004, 08:45 PM
It dropped out of my ass. Kind of like where your good ideas come from.

Ahahahaha!

Mile High Mania
10-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Spin it the way you want Bro, you just can't change the proven fact that the Denver franchise are a bunch of cheaters!

I'm not spinning anything, rookie... read the words for what they are and not what you expect me to say on the subject.

rocks
10-27-2004, 08:55 PM
I may be a rook, but I'm right!!

Mile High Mania
10-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Good retort.

rocks
10-27-2004, 08:58 PM
I do believe in tort reform!

1adam1238
10-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Better a rookie than a member of the cheaters fan club!!!!!!!

digi2fish
10-27-2004, 09:27 PM
After showing the media some film, he went on to say that this kind of stuff happens all across the league and that this is the last time he's going to talk about it.

hell yeh, this kinda stuff is happening wherever he goes with his Broncos across the entire league...
:cuss:

Mile High Mania
10-27-2004, 09:30 PM
What is up with all the new posters, recently? Is there something going on? Just seems odd...

Welcome aboard though...

Bowser
10-27-2004, 09:32 PM
What is up with all the new posters, recently? Is there something going on? Just seems odd...

Welcome aboard though...

Since Phobia has made it impossible for lurkers to view anything, these are said lurkers.

Moths to a flame.

Skip Towne
10-27-2004, 09:32 PM
Good retort.
Hey, you are a pretty good guy for a Donk. Tell me honestly, don't you feel a little shitty rooting for a team with so many illegal/fineable/unsportsmanlike actions? I'd sure think you would. I'd never do it.

TEX
10-27-2004, 09:50 PM
How many other teams use the same kind of judgement that the CHOPPING DONX do? Funny that most of the injuries resulting from this kind of stuff happens to teams that play Denver and has happened under the Rat's watch. The deal is you can go to just about any team's O-line and pick out a specific CHEAP SHOT ARTIST, the F*CKOS have several... :shake:

Skip Towne
10-27-2004, 09:54 PM
How many other teams use the same kind of judgement that the CHOPPING DONX do? Funny that most of the injuries resulting from this kind of stuff happens to teams that play Denver and has happened under the Rat's watch. The deal is you can go to just about any team's O-line and pick out a specific CHEAP SHOT ARTIST, the F*CKOS have several... :shake:
You can? Who is the Chiefs specific cheapshot artist? The Chargers? The Packers? Tell us more.

TEX
10-27-2004, 10:10 PM
You can? Who is the Chiefs specific cheapshot artist? The Chargers? The Packers? Tell us more.

Okay - here's more IMO. If you want to name more teams, I'll go down the list of who IMO fit the mold. It's your call.

Chiefs - John Welbourn
Chargers - None
Packers - Mark Taischer (sp?)

Perhaps the label "CHEAP SHOT ARTIST" is too strong for most teams, but NOT Denver. Maybe I would be more correct in saying, "Players with mean streaks whose play has been perceived as "dirty" or "overly aggressive" on occasion." Is that better? :hmmm:

Skip Towne
10-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Okay - here's more IMO. If you want to name more teams, I'll go down the list of who IMO fit the mold. It's your call.

Chiefs - John Welbourn
Chargers - None
Packers - Mark Taischer (sp?)

Perhaps the label "CHEAP SHOT ARTIST" is too strong for most teams, but NOT Denver. Maybe I would be more correct in saying, "Players with mean streaks whose play has been perceived as "dirty" or "overly aggressive" on occasion." Is that better? :hmmm:
I'd challenge you for some proof on Welbourn and I've never heard of the guy whose name you can't spell. Could you get more specific? I really don't think you are right on this.

TEX
10-27-2004, 10:27 PM
I'd challenge you for some proof on Welbourn and I've never heard of the guy whose name you can't spell. Could you get more specific? I really don't think you are right on this.

Oh my gosh! You've never heard of John Welbourn being described as being mean, dirty, nasty or "overly aggressive". And just because you have never heard of a certain player, really doesn' mean anything. (I checked the spelling and I did spell it right.)

What specifics do you want? Examples of what coaches and players have said of certain players? That's going to be easy regarding John Welbourn as all you have to do is check some of the articles that were written about him when the CHIEFS traded for the guy. There was also a post here a few weeks ago on the NFL's dirtiest players and he made the list of lineman (along with 3 Bronco players, 2 of which were lineman)

I've seen Taischer play and that's good enough for me. But Madden made a few coments about it week 2, on MNF, when the Packers played the Panthers. Again, it's only my opinion and you know what they say about them. Right?

My whole point was that most teams have a so called overly aggressive player who might be considered "dirty" on their O-line, the DONX have several who are just plain dirty.

Mile High Mania
10-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Skip ... I can't let a few guys tarnish two decades of devotion to the Broncos. Here's the deal, many of you claim to be KC fans for more than the last decade. So, I have a question.

Gibbs was an Oline coach for KC for many years and it's really hard for me to believe that he only learned the style of blocking when he met up with Shanahan.

We didn't have the access to news and issues like this a decade ago, so who knows if KC had an oline with similar tactics. So, did Gibbs not teach this style of blocking while in KC?

I'd also be curious to see what is going on with the Oline in Atlanta and Houston ... I was told yesterday on this site that the Texans' oline runs similar techniques.

TEX
10-27-2004, 10:34 PM
Skip ... I can't let a few guys tarnish two decades of devotion to the Broncos. Here's the deal, many of you claim to be KC fans for more than the last decade. So, I have a question.

Gibbs was an Oline coach for KC for many years and it's really hard for me to believe that he only learned the style of blocking when he met up with Shanahan.

We didn't have the access to news and issues like this a decade ago, so who knows if KC had an oline with similar tactics. So, did Gibbs not teach this style of blocking while in KC?

I'd also be curious to see what is going on with the Oline in Atlanta and Houston ... I was told yesterday on this site that the Texans' oline runs similar techniques.

Shoot, when Gibbs was in KC, we sure did use questionable tactics on our O-line. That's well documented and those of us who are not blind can admit it. However, your boys have taken the art to a new level and that can be documented by the number of injuries if you want to compare them.

Atlanta did get called for a "chop" against the Chiefs last weekend and there was indeed a preseason article in which Gibbs was quoted as saying that they often don't go full speed in blocking drills because it is too dangerous.

The Texans switched this year to a similar blocking scheme. The only reason I know about that is because I live in Houston and there were many articles written about it in preseason about how they want to employ the samy type of scheme that the Broncos use. It will indeed be interesting to see what happens the next two weeks in Denver, I'll be curious to see your take, and other Bronco fans as well, IF something happens the way it did the other night to one of your players. :hmmm:

Mile High Mania
10-27-2004, 10:41 PM
Shoot, when Gibbs was in KC, we sure did use questionable tactics on our O-line. That's well documented and those of us who are not blind can admit it. However, your boys have taken the art to a new level and that can be documented by the number of injuries if you want to compare them.

I've never denied using "questionable tactics".

TEX
10-27-2004, 10:47 PM
I've never denied using "questionable tactics".

I never said you did. In fact IMO, when Gibbs was in KC I do remember seeing "dirty" O-line play. You'll get no argument from me at all on that issue.

KHinz57
10-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Okay then, how many season-ending injuries has John Welbourne caused? You stupid Donkey fans are all the same. Give it another year and Colorado will be the NEW West Virginia, something about the mountain air.

Mile High Mania
10-27-2004, 10:52 PM
Okay then, how many season-ending injuries has John Welbourne caused? You stupid Donkey fans are all the same. Give it another year and Colorado will be the NEW West Virginia, something about the mountain air.

Nice avatar ... where's your wingman?

TEX
10-27-2004, 10:53 PM

I don't think it was a CHEATING DONX fan who said that. I believe it was me that pointed out that John Welbourn is considered "dirty" by some and was listed as such in a recent NFL poll that was posted here a few weeks ago.

Fairplay
10-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Somebody should break rat faces leg and refuse to talk about it. What an asshole.

Yep, next time they play in KC someone should pull a Tonya Harding on Shanahan and run up and bust his leg with a bat.

KHinz57
10-27-2004, 11:02 PM
I appreciate you liking my avatar, Top Gun is one of my favorite movies. Anyways, TEX ... I was talking about Donkey fans in general although you brought up the Welbourne comment, still, he never broke anyone's leg and falls under the "dirty" category, not the "cheap shot" cateogy.

TEX
10-27-2004, 11:11 PM
I appreciate you liking my avatar, Top Gun is one of my favorite movies. Anyways, TEX ... I was talking about Donkey fans in general although you brought up the Welbourne comment, still, he never broke anyone's leg and falls under the "dirty" category, not the "cheap shot" cateogy.

Yep. I would tend to agree that there is a difference. And that was exactly the point I was trying to make. There are guys on most teams that are like Welbourn,) having been labeled as dirty) but they're not cheap shot artists.

Demonpenz
10-27-2004, 11:59 PM
three cheers for the tort!

Demonpenz
10-28-2004, 12:04 AM
welborn will burry people trying to jump at the line, he will finish his blocks alittle while after the whistle has blown

easymobee
10-28-2004, 12:55 AM
So much discussion and energy devoted to demonizing the Broncos .... what a waste.

Wins and Losses are all that matters in the end.

There is no Lady Bing award in the NFL.

George felt bad and football is a contact sport.

people get hurt in the split seconds that make up a football game .....

These threads are more about KC fans hating the Broncos. If the Vikings had the same play happen on MNF, there might be some grumbling, but the fact is ... you guys are just blowing it out of proportion because its us.

Demonpenz
10-28-2004, 01:02 AM
chiefs fans blowing it out? LOL it was just on nfl tonight,

easymobee
10-28-2004, 02:54 AM
chiefs fans blowing it out? LOL it was just on nfl tonight,

I didn't mean to imply that noone outside of KC was critical of it, but heres the difference.

It will be news around the NFL for a week and bought up here and there for a few weeks.

On the planet it will be talked about for 25 years as damning evidence that Broncos players, Coaches, and fans burn kittens and sucker punch orphans.

jollymon
10-28-2004, 03:24 AM
I didn't mean to imply that noone outside of KC was critical of it, but heres the difference.

It will be news around the NFL for a week and bought up here and there for a few weeks.

On the planet it will be talked about for 25 years as damning evidence that Broncos players, Coaches, and fans burn kittens and sucker punch orphans.

That's it right there they admitted it people. They burn kittens....

Nightfyre
10-28-2004, 03:43 AM
Help control pet overpopulation:
1) Spay or Neuter your animal.
2) Burn Kittens.
3) Masturbate frequently. (Every time you masturbate, a ninja kills a kitten, and doesn't even care...)

kczoo
10-28-2004, 06:00 AM
Ahhh the art of editing. Its nice to be able to come up with as many legal Bronco blocks when needed..