PDA

View Full Version : Yawn Of The Dead

Nzoner
10-27-2004, 07:34 PM
Rented the director's cut of the newest release last night.Supposedly more gore etc.

No thanks,not even close to Romero's original. :yawn:

Rausch
10-27-2004, 07:35 PM
Rented the director's cut of the newest release last night.Supposedly more gore etc.

No thanks,not even close to Romero's original. :yawn:

I thought the story in the original was 1,000 x's better...

Hammock Parties
I saw it in the theatre. I really enjoyed it. I found it scary, and the part where they were picking off zombies on the roof was hilarious.

I could have done without the pregnant zombie birth scene, though.

I hope you watched all the way through the end of the credits. The REAL ending transpires.

Deberg_1990
Yea i was wondering about..i might run up there tonight and rent it...It looked pretty decent from the previews??...Romero is currently filming a 4th sequel right now.

Rausch
10-27-2004, 07:50 PM
...Romero is currently filming a 4th sequel right now.

Sweet! :clap:

Nzoner
10-27-2004, 07:52 PM
I hope you watched all the way through the end of the credits. The REAL ending transpires.

I did,however,cutting back in 3 second intervals to show me every name that played a zombie was irritating as hell.

Sure-Oz
10-27-2004, 07:58 PM
I heard this was more action oriented and based on what today's society likes, more violence. I want to see it though.

Nzoner
10-27-2004, 08:11 PM
I heard this was more action oriented and based on what today's society likes, more violence. I want to see it though.

If you're a fan of the dead films you should see it.It has a fair amount of action but for me I prefer zombies that stagger around,these run faster than Priest Holmes,reminded me alot of 28 Days Later,and as Rausch already stated the original storyline was 1000 x's better.

KcMizzou
10-27-2004, 08:14 PM
I prefer zombies that stagger around, Yeah... there's something a little more menacing about a horde of zombies lurching slowly toward you.

Return of the living dead scared the living sh*t out of me as a kid. Mainly because they claimed it was based on a true story. I didn't think they could say that if it wasn't true.

Rausch
10-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Yeah... there's something a little more menacing about a horde of zombies lurching slowly toward you.

Return of the living dead scared the living sh*t out of me as a kid. Mainly because they claimed it was based on a true story. I didn't think they could say that if it wasn't true.

It was meant to be a parody of NOTLD... :thumb:

Nzoner
10-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Romero is currently filming a 4th sequel right now.

Thanks for the head's up.

I looked up and found Land Of The Dead (http://imdb.com/title/tt0418819/) interesting cast to this point,Dennis Hopper,Jon Leguizamo and the guys who were responsible for the spoof film Shaun Of The Dead.

Deberg_1990
10-27-2004, 08:45 PM
I really enjoyed 28 Days later. I thought it was the best Zombie film in a long time. It was quesy as all hell too.....made me feel dirty.

Deberg_1990
10-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Scream 2 is on AMC right now....havent seen that one in awhile.

Valiant
10-27-2004, 09:28 PM
I really enjoyed 28 Days later. I thought it was the best Zombie film in a long time. It was quesy as all hell too.....made me feel dirty.

it was not a zombie film as they were not dead...it was a virus that dropped animals to their most basic instinct to kill... everybody calls it a zombie movie but it is not...

i really enjoyed 28days later and have it and the original three dead movies on dvd..and thought shaun of the dead was 10x better zombie movie then the remake...

Deberg_1990
10-27-2004, 09:35 PM
it was not a zombie film as they were not dead...it was a virus that dropped animals to their most basic instinct to kill... everybody calls it a zombie movie but it is not...

i really enjoyed 28days later and have it and the original three dead movies on dvd..and thought shaun of the dead was 10x better zombie movie then the remake...

True....but it was obviously "Inspired" by Romero's Dead films..

Bowser
10-27-2004, 09:37 PM

Shaun of the Dead is fuggin' great! Beats the hell out of this remake.

"Would you cunts like another drink?" ROFL

Valiant
10-27-2004, 09:38 PM
True....but it was obviously "Inspired" by Romero's Dead films..

no argument there...

Megbert
10-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Am I the only one that has seen Shaun of the Dead? It's a funny movie in a smart way not a "Scary Movie" way. Slow moving Zombies - Check, Some Social Commentary, - Check Alot of Humor - Check, Some Gore - Check, Endorsed by Romero Hisself - Check. This weekend go see SAW and Shaun forget about The Grudge.

Megbert
10-27-2004, 10:09 PM
I apologize looks like some have seen Shaun. SO whats the deal with the rest of you? Go SEE IT! Along with SAW a nice double feature for Halloween.

Nzoner
10-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Saw is on the list of weekend activities IF we even get it here.

Demonpenz
10-28-2004, 01:01 AM
I woke up one day and I was in a bathroom with nothing but my laptop and a knife, the killer left a message on blood on the wall, rep gochiefs or cut of your leg, needless to say i walk with a limp now

Fairplay
10-28-2004, 01:26 AM
I saw it in the theatre. I really enjoyed it. I found it scary, and the part where they were picking off zombies on the roof was hilarious.

I could have done without the pregnant zombie birth scene, though.

I seen this movie in the theater. It was a fun watch. Im going to buy the DVD.