PDA

View Full Version : A LETTER FROM LAMAR HUNT

KingPriest2
10-28-2004, 07:38 AM
A LETTER FROM LAMAR HUNT
Oct 28, 2004, 5:30:00 AM

Dear Chiefs fans in the 5-County Metro Area:

As part of the National Election Day, you will have the opportunity to vote on the very important County Question 1, also known as the Bi-State Cultural and Sports Referendum, which will authorize major renovations to both Arrowhead and Kauffman Stadiums.

I am contacting you as a Chiefs fan to encourage you to vote in favor of this opportunity.

In addition to the Arts component, the maintenance and modernization of the Sports Complex is extremely important to bring the facilities into first-class shape so that Chiefs football can remain at Arrowhead for at least the next 25 years. Also essential is the area’s ability to remain competitive for other events such as the Big 12 Championship and other major college football games, special events such as World Cup Soccer Qualifiers and national events such as the recent Billy Graham Crusade. I would also urge that you personally encourage at least one other person to vote “yes’ on this important issue.

Sincerely,

Lamar Hunt, Founder
Kansas City Chiefs
Kansas City Wizards

Mark M
10-28-2004, 07:39 AM
I will be voting for this measure.

Three dollars a month (or there about) to upgrade the stadiums and improve the arts is a good deal IMHO.

MM
~~:)

BigRedChief
10-28-2004, 07:46 AM
Yah I got that letter. And also one from King Carl. and another that had George Brett in it saying vote for it.

BTW, BI-State discussion going on here:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=102496