PDA

View Full Version : Who are our Pro-bowlers so far?

JimNasium
10-28-2004, 12:16 PM
Here's my list:

Offense

RB - Priest - this is no-brainer.
FB - Tony Richardson - this guy has played like a man possessed this year.
TE - Tony Gonzalez - his run support has improved greatly this year.
T - Willie Roaf - another no-brainer.
G - Will Shields - would this be 10?
Brian Waters - it would be a shame if he gets passed on again. It must suck living in Shields' shadow.
C - Casey Wiegmann - another deserving player that I doubt will get the nod.

Defense

DT - Lionel Dalton - snicker if you will but if the guy keeps playing this way he might get the nod.

Gaz
10-28-2004, 12:19 PM
Warfield?

xoxo~
Gaz
Just asking.

MOhillbilly
10-28-2004, 12:19 PM
Everyone you listed on O.
The D still hasnt made the grade....... though.....dare i say.....

JimNasium
10-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Warfield?

xoxo~
Gaz
Just asking.

I almost typed his name but I just couldn't get myself to do it. He has played pretty damned well this year.

Gaz
10-28-2004, 12:25 PM
JimNasium-

I am not campaigning for him or anything, but he has played well this season.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not convinced yet, but pondering the possibility.

el borracho
10-28-2004, 12:31 PM
I mostly agree with you except I think that Warfield has a better chance than Dalton at going. (I'm not sure either will make it, but of the two I think Warfield has been better).

Mark M
10-28-2004, 12:36 PM
The entire offensive line.
Priest
TRich
Warfield (maybe)

MM
~~:arrow:

Phobia
10-28-2004, 12:37 PM
If we turn the season around, we could send all those listed by JimNasium plus a player or 2 on D.

If we contine underachieving, we'll be fortunate to send Priest, Gonzo, and Shields.

ChiefsCountry
10-28-2004, 01:11 PM
Larry Johnson?

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-28-2004, 01:14 PM
I almost typed his name but I just couldn't get myself to do it. He has played pretty damned well this year.
Warfield is leading the NFL in interceptions and is quickly becomeing a shutdown corner. He's our defensive MVP and an easy choice for the Pro-Bowl at this point.

Stinger
10-28-2004, 01:15 PM
What no one suggests the punter or kicker? [Duck and covering] ROFL

Iowanian
10-28-2004, 01:20 PM
I might be in the minority.......but I don't think Gonzalez has been playing like a probowler this year, and I think Roaf has been too inconsistent and given up too many hits on Green to be in at this time...............When they play well, they both are dominant.............but they haven't.

Put me down for
Holmes, Richardson, Shields, Waters, Weigeman and Warfield.....and of course Lawrence Tynes.

What?! no one else listed Tynes?

nmt1
10-28-2004, 01:22 PM
The Probowl is mostly a popularity contest so Warfield, Waters and Richardson will most likely be left out again this year regardless of what they do on the field.
Roaf, Shields, Holmes and Gonzales will go but don't look for many others.

DaKCMan AP
10-28-2004, 01:23 PM
Priest
TRich
TonyG
Shields
Roaf
Waters
Warfield

KC Jones
10-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Roaf should not make it IMO, he's playing great for the most part but his pass protection has been succeptible to speed rushers. He probably is responsible for more sacks than anyone else.

Warfield should, he's not only blanketing receivers and coming up with some big INTs, he's been great on run support.

However, everyone makes the pro bowl a year after they should and often a year after they shouldn't.

JimNasium
10-28-2004, 01:42 PM
I might be in the minority.......but I don't think Gonzalez has been playing like a probowler this year, and I think Roaf has been too inconsistent and given up too many hits on Green to be in at this time...............When they play well, they both are dominant.............but they haven't.

Put me down for
Holmes, Richardson, Shields, Waters, Weigeman and Warfield.....and of course Lawrence Tynes.

What?! no one else listed Tynes?
I also agree that TG has not performed as well as a receiver this year but when I look at the remainder of the AFC I cannot come up with a better TE. That is what I was basing my decision on.

JimNasium
10-28-2004, 01:43 PM
The Probowl is mostly a popularity contest so Warfield, Waters and Richardson will most likely be left out again this year regardless of what they do on the field.
Roaf, Shields, Holmes and Gonzales will go but don't look for many others.
TRich made it last year and I have no reason to believe he won't this year.

jspchief
10-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Warfield will get in if he keeps up his INTs. Stats like that are what get DBs noticed.

Dalton will never get in, DT is too much of a popularity contest where guys that haven't done sh*t in years consistently get voted in. Can anyone say Warren Sapp?

Our O-line will send a few if they keep playing like they did against BAL and ATL, but probably only Shields if they don't. Roaf has a good chance of getting extra recognition since Ogden is injured.

Holmes and T-rich are locks, and Gonzo will get in off of reputation, regardless of how he plays. Remember, Todd Heap is out for the year, and he's Gonzo's only real competition in the AFC.

cmh6476
10-28-2004, 02:00 PM
No one has mentioned Dante Hall. Not that he is deserving or anything this year, but remember, the fans vote...

bricks
10-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Rich Scanlon?:D

Rain Man
10-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Excellent thread.

Holmes
Richardson
Gonzalez (more based on past reputation - he's playing very well, but he doesn't have the gaudy stats so far this year)
Roaf
Waters (when you make player of the week, you make all-pro)
Shields
Warfield

Green is playing fantastic, but doesn't have the stats yet and has to compete against media darlings like Manning, Pennington, and McNair.

Fujita is playing great, but doesn't have the reputation yet.

Dalton is playing fantastic, but would have to overcome a reputation as a journeyman. It won't happen.

Calcountry
10-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Earl Anthony was my favorite Pro Bowler of all time.

Mark Roth was also good, he was the only one I ever seen pick up the 7-10 split.

jspchief
10-28-2004, 03:11 PM
Gonzalez should be glad that Heap has been injured. Because if Heap was having a good year, combined with the way Antonio Gates is shredding it up, Gonzo could've found himself on the outside looking in.

Nightfyre
10-28-2004, 03:14 PM
I wouldnt be surprised to see the whole KC line... Think about it, they are commonly being refered to as teh BEST line in football. They clobbered the ravens. They will clobber the Bucs. And they will clobber the Broncos.

DaKCMan AP
10-28-2004, 03:24 PM
No one has mentioned Dante Hall. Not that he is deserving or anything this year, but remember, the fans vote...

BJ Sams of Baltimore is deserving of the KR spot thusfar this season.

cmh6476
10-28-2004, 03:29 PM
BJ Sams of Baltimore is deserving of the KR spot thusfar this season.
very, very true. But still, the public votes...

Chiefnj
10-28-2004, 03:30 PM
Right now Holmes, Warfield and Cheek. They are the only guys who have been consistent the entire season. Dalton has looked good the last few weeks but was part of the problem the first two weeks. The OL looked very good against the Ravens and Falcons, but lets not forget all the trouble they had against Jax and all the pressure Green had the first 3 weeks.

Nightfyre
10-28-2004, 03:32 PM
The OL looked very good against the Ravens and Falcons, but lets not forget all the trouble they had against Jax and all the pressure Green had the first 3 weeks.
But why not, everyone else has.

Thig Lyfe
10-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Warfield r0xz0rz teh big one!!!111

ChiTown
10-28-2004, 03:34 PM
Unless Roaf rips it up the next 10 games, there's no way he's been consistent enough to be a Pro Bowler. He's had 2 mediocre/bad games to every good one he's played. Last week, by far, was his best game of the year.

Hammock Parties
10-28-2004, 03:34 PM
Priest
T-Rich
Shields
Roaf (mostly on reputation, hasn't played as well as last year)
Gonzalez
Warfield

On the bubble:

Waters
Wiegmann

Deberg_1990
10-28-2004, 04:02 PM
McCleon? Please dont flame..

gblowfish
10-28-2004, 04:04 PM
Priest
T-Rich
Shields
Roaf (mostly on reputation, hasn't played as well as last year)
Gonzalez
Warfield

On the bubble:

Waters
Wiegmann
Wow..hard to say Waters would be on the bubble when he was AFC Offensive player of the Week last week. I'd say Gonzalez would be on the bubble. He's playing hurt, he's been double teamed, hasn't scored much.

On Defense...Toasty Warfield has played much better this year, but with his DUI's I don't think the NFL will push him as a candidate. I think Greg Wesley is due, should have been picked last year instead of Woods. No way on Lionel Dalton, he's too low profile. Nobody mentioned Dante Hall..He's a longshot too.

suds79
10-28-2004, 04:23 PM
Offense:

HB - Priest
FB - Tony
I'm voting for every O-linemen except for John.
Brian Waters deserves to go. He's been really good for quite a while now.

Defense:

DT Lional Dalton - Has been destroying people all season long.

But I'm for sure voting for Stroud & Henderson out of Jacksonville 1st. If I can vote 3 DTs, then Lional will get my vote.

Hammock Parties
10-28-2004, 04:25 PM
Wow..hard to say Waters would be on the bubble when he was AFC Offensive player of the Week last week. I'd say Gonzalez would be on the bubble. He's playing hurt, he's been double teamed, hasn't scored much.

On Defense...Toasty Warfield has played much better this year, but with his DUI's I don't think the NFL will push him as a candidate. I think Greg Wesley is due, should have been picked last year instead of Woods. No way on Lionel Dalton, he's too low profile. Nobody mentioned Dante Hall..He's a longshot too.

Waters is on the bubble because he's never been before. He'd have to keep kicking some serious ass to get into the Pro Bowl.

KingPriest2
10-28-2004, 04:30 PM
I also agree that TG has not performed as well as a receiver this year but when I look at the remainder of the AFC I cannot come up with a better TE. That is what I was basing my decision on.

Antonio Gates 44 483 11.0 29 3

Hammock Parties
10-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Antonio Gates 44 483 11.0 29 3

If Tony G was our only downfield option he'd have alot more catches too.

Logical
10-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Too many other TEs doing better than Tony G for him to get my vote. Dalton is pretty iffy, but if he improves some more then maybe.

Hammock Parties
10-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Too many other TEs doing better than Tony G for him to get my vote. Dalton is pretty iffy, but if he improves some more then maybe.

Tony will get in on reputation alone...

Logical
10-28-2004, 04:35 PM

Antonio Gates, and Randy McMichael are both playiing better than Tony G. Just off the top of my head.

Logical
10-28-2004, 04:36 PM
Tony will get in on reputation alone...Possibly but he will not deserve it.

morphius
10-28-2004, 04:38 PM
In the AFC? There is Antonio Gates, sure. But Randy McMichael is playing for Mia, which is horrible and can't even run the ball. Heap has been injured for weeks, so he is unlikely.

AFC Picks for the probowl this year will most likely be Gates and Gonzo.

Hammock Parties
10-28-2004, 04:40 PM
Possibly but he will not deserve it.

Season ain't over yet.

morphius
11-01-2004, 07:39 AM
I still want to know which TE Vlad thinks deserves it more from the AFC, since 2 get selected. Gates is obvious, but who else.

Top 5 AFC TE Stats

Name G Rec Yards Yds/G Avg TD
Gates 8 49 546 68.2 11.1 5
Gonzo 7 34 453 64.7 13.3 4
McMichael 7 35 448 64.0 10.0 2
Jolley 8 17 186 23.2 10.9 2
Graham 7 18 180 25.7 10.0 5

JimNasium
11-01-2004, 08:59 AM
I still want to know which TE Vlad thinks deserves it more from the AFC, since 2 get selected. Gates is obvious, but who else.

Top 5 AFC TE Stats

Name G Rec Yards Yds/G Avg TD
Gates 8 49 546 68.2 11.1 5
Gonzo 7 34 453 64.7 13.3 4
McMichael 7 35 448 64.0 10.0 2
Jolley 8 17 186 23.2 10.9 2
Graham 7 18 180 25.7 10.0 5

Perhaps the Indy win will break him out of his nasty disposition.

morphius
11-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Perhaps the Indy win will break him out of his nasty disposition.
I wouldn't expect any big turnaround anytime soon...

BigMeatballDave
11-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Roaf, Shields, Holmes and Gonzales will go but don't look for many others.Richardspn made it last season...

BigMeatballDave
11-01-2004, 09:12 AM
Gonzo will get in off of reputation, regardless of how he plays. Remember, Todd Heap is out for the year, and he's Gonzo's only real competition in the AFC.http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396811