PDA

View Full Version : limits on attachment size

Uncle Jesse
10-28-2004, 01:50 PM
I am trying to attach a pic (900 kb)
I get no indication that its attached after I have clicked "all done" on the attachment window..is the file too large?

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-28-2004, 01:54 PM
It should tell you if it's too large....otherwise it says nothing.

ZepSinger
10-28-2004, 01:55 PM
I am trying to attach a pic (900 kb)
I get no indication that its attached after I have clicked "all done" on the attachment window..is the file too large?

Anyone on a dialup connection would be cussin' you out with a file that big, dude...

Uncle Jesse
10-28-2004, 01:59 PM
Anyone on a dialup connection would be cussin' you out with a file that big, dude...

I know but its a high-res photo of Manning at Arrowhead in playoffs last year getting his helmet worked on...I seriously think we need to get ahold of this trainer

if it says nothing when you attach something then I'll try attaching it with this text

ZepSinger
10-28-2004, 02:01 PM
I know but its a high-res photo of Manning at Arrowhead in playoffs last year getting his helmet worked on...I seriously think we need to get ahold of this trainer

if it says nothing when you attach something then I'll try attaching it with this text

If you have Photoshop, you can take the rez down. If so, go to 72dpi and a quality level of about 5. If the pic ends up no more than about 350X500px, it shouldn't be more than about 40k after conversion.

Z

Uncle Jesse
10-28-2004, 02:19 PM
testing here, i got it down to 72 Kb but it does the same thing..am i not allowed to add attachments??

What about the insert image function..can I change the http:// path to a local c: path and get the image in the message that way??

Saulbadguy
10-28-2004, 02:23 PM
testing here, i got it down to 72 Kb but it does the same thing..am i not allowed to add attachments??

What about the insert image function..can I change the http:// path to a local c: path and get the image in the message that way??
I'm not sure if you are allowed to add attachments or not. IIRC Posters under 100 posts are prevented from doing certain things, attaching images may be one of those.

As for the second question, you can not change it to a path to your local drive. It won't work. :)

Uncle Jesse
10-28-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure if you are allowed to add attachments or not. IIRC Posters under 100 posts are prevented from doing certain things, attaching images may be one of those.

As for the second question, you can not change it to a path to your local drive. It won't work. :)

I've got no reputation, I've got no attachment priviledges, I'm hurtin here!!!

Saulbadguy
10-28-2004, 02:32 PM
I've got no reputation, I've got no attachment priviledges, I'm hurtin here!!!
I can help with the rep...otherwise, I can't help. :shrug:

Try PMing a mod.

Uncle Jesse
10-28-2004, 02:45 PM
thanx saul!! if anyone wants to see the pic or any other pics i took at the playoff game last year just let me know i can email them....some of them are good shots....