PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper

Saulbadguy
10-28-2004, 06:04 PM
Neither Cherry, or Vanilla. Just plain ole Dr. Pepper. Maybe I got a mislabeled bottle, because I certainly cannot tell much difference from regular Dr. Pepper...of course, this may be Dr Peppers whole ploy. "Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper tastes like regular Dr Pepper..."

Hammock Parties
10-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Right now I am drinking a Dr. Pepper.

Saulbadguy
10-28-2004, 06:05 PM
http://www.dpsu.com/cherry_vanilla_dr_pepper_178.jpg

Tastes more like regular Dr Pepper....

Phobia
10-28-2004, 06:19 PM
I used to drink 6 or more Dr. Peppers a day. Packed about 30 lbs on me in a year.

Crush
10-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Unless it came from a giant space worm, I'm not drinking it.

http://www.tvlinksonline.com/photopost/data/823/14150Slurm.JPG

Deberg_1990
10-28-2004, 06:32 PM
I got to try that! Dr. Pepper Rules!!

Saulbadguy
10-28-2004, 06:39 PM
I got to try that! Dr. Pepper Rules!!
I'm sure you will like this, since all it is is Dr. Pepper.

Miles
10-28-2004, 06:40 PM
That sounds terrible. Cherry Dr. Pepper without the vanilla woundt be too bad.

Skip Towne
10-28-2004, 06:46 PM
This thread is faulty. It lacks a one word nonsense post from JennyGump. Is Psicosis training her?

PastorMikH
10-28-2004, 07:06 PM
The youth leader here knows the DR Pepper guy. The Dr Pepper guy donated 60 cases of the regular C/V and Diet C/V along with some of that new 7up Plus for a fundraiser/promotion. Only key was we had to give the cans of pop away for "public sampling" (in other words we couldn't actually charge for the soda). We sold hot dogs though and made a decent amount of $ with it.

I think the diet is a little better than the regular - it doesn't taste quite as sweet. The 7up + was a little different (well, OK, a lot different) Someone there mentioned that it tasted like one of those fancy wine coolers that ladys tend to drink.

catfish307
10-28-2004, 08:48 PM
I've been drinking CVDP for years. Order it all the time at Sonic

teedubya
10-28-2004, 08:54 PM
This thread is faulty. It lacks a one word nonsense post from JennyGump. Is Psicosis training her?

my thoughts exactly... what is up with this new post ploy of hers? A New Schtick, perhaps.... I prefer the sex crazed nymphoid schitck of hers.

Ultra Peanut
10-28-2004, 10:10 PM
Neither Cherry, or Vanilla. Just plain ole Dr. Pepper. Maybe I got a mislabeled bottle, because I certainly cannot tell much difference from regular Dr. Pepper...of course, this may be Dr Peppers whole ploy. "Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper tastes like regular Dr Pepper..."You should probably consider yourself thankful.

Kraut
10-29-2004, 04:21 AM
Regular Dr. Pepper rules. They don't need to Fu%$ with it !!

BigMeatballDave
10-29-2004, 06:03 AM
I'm looking forward to this...

BigMeatballDave
01-08-2005, 03:16 AM
I finally got to try some. Good shit.

Miles
01-08-2005, 03:22 AM
Kind of sounds like it might mix well with vodka...I guess.

Rausch
01-08-2005, 04:20 AM
Cherry 7-UP mixed in your local Drug store/Diner beats alll..

Lurker
01-08-2005, 04:35 AM
Actually, Dr. Pepper is already a cherry based soda. So Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper is somewhat redundant. (I've read that the common belief that DP is based on prunes is a misconception.) CVDP tastes like DP if you think Coke tastes like Pepsi. They are similar but distinctly different.

Has anyone ever tried a product called "7-Up Gold"? They did a brief trial run of it back around 1986 or so. It tasted really good but I've never seen it since.

Chieficus
01-08-2005, 08:29 AM
CVDP tastes like DP if you think Coke tastes like Pepsi. They are similar but distinctly different.

I love Pepsi and can't stand drinking coke... yet when I tried a CVDP, my first reaction was: "Man, this taste like regular DP."

Color-wise the difference was there, but not in the taste...then again, I'm not much for canned DP anyway...just give it to me straight from the foutain...

badgirl
01-08-2005, 09:48 AM
That sounds terrible. Cherry Dr. Pepper without the vanilla woundt be too bad.
from the sound of the one saul got its

cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper without the cherry or the vanilla. :(

Raiderhater
01-08-2005, 10:05 AM
There is nothing special about this stuff. The added flavor is barely noticeable.

morphius
01-08-2005, 10:14 AM
The key thing here is that it makes the Diet version taste a lot better.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Dr. Pepper is flavored with Cherry already. That's part of what makes it taste like Dr. Pepper. They just put a little more in with this new stuff. Anything with vanilla in it sucks. So, this has only ruined a Dr. Pepper that is a little more "peppery" otherwise.

badgirl
01-08-2005, 10:18 AM
The key thing here is that it makes the Diet version taste a lot better.
Soooooooo, it kinda like like a conspiracy to make people drink diet Dr. Pepper, is that what your saying :hmmm: interesting, damn brain washing communist, they are always trying to get into our brains, NO ONE drink DIET DR. Pepper. This crazieness has to stop. :banghead:

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-08-2005, 10:20 AM
I love Pepsi and can't stand drinking coke... yet when I tried a CVDP, my first reaction was: "Man, this taste like regular DP."

Color-wise the difference was there, but not in the taste...then again, I'm not much for canned DP anyway...just give it to me straight from the foutain...
Coke rules. Pepsi sucks butt.

:D

badgirl
01-08-2005, 10:23 AM

:D
:thumb: you tell em

morphius
01-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Soooooooo, it kinda like like a conspiracy to make people drink diet Dr. Pepper, is that what your saying :hmmm: interesting, damn brain washing communist, they are always trying to get into our brains, NO ONE drink DIET DR. Pepper. This crazieness has to stop. :banghead:
No! Everyone should drink it, that way they don't take it off the market and I will still have a selection of diet drinks I can stomach.

badgirl
01-08-2005, 10:35 AM
No! Everyone should drink it, that way they don't take it off the market and I will still have a selection of diet drinks I can stomach.
your one of them aren't you!!! %(/ Callahan just puppets on strings to you guys huh? :hmmm: :cuss:

Malcor
01-08-2005, 12:04 PM
Actually, Dr. Pepper is already a cherry based soda. So Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper is somewhat redundant. (I've read that the common belief that DP is based on prunes is a misconception.)
What's in it? The Dr Pepper company denies cherry and kola flavorings. They also deny the other rumors that Dr Pepper now or ever contained prunes, black pepper, chili pepper, bell pepper, peppermint, or prune juice. According to William Poundstone in his book Big Secrets, "the formula contains 23 ingredients and is locked in two bank vaults. Four people know it. The only surprise ingredient on the label ingredient panel is lactic acid. That is what gives sour milk its bite. If you hold some Dr Pepper in your mouth a few minutes before swallowing, there is a slight yogurt like note." He goes on to say that a query to the Dr Pepper company vice president confirmed that synthetic vanillin is an ingredient.

BigMeatballDave
01-08-2005, 04:56 PM
I drink Dr. Pepper, almost exclusively. To me, there is a big difference. To put it into perspective, I don't drink beer, and all beer tastes the same to me...

morphius
01-08-2005, 05:00 PM
your one of them aren't you!!! %(/ Callahan just puppets on strings to you guys huh? :hmmm: :cuss:
Just time to drop a few, I would prefer to have my Dew, but you know...

BigMeatballDave
01-08-2005, 05:04 PM

:DI won't say Coke rules, but Pepsi is awful...

Garcia Bronco
01-08-2005, 05:29 PM
I used to drink 6 or more Dr. Peppers a day. Packed about 30 lbs on me in a year.

Hey...great story Forrest.

:)

Rain Man
01-08-2005, 05:32 PM
The whole Middle East problem would go away if we would just ship a bunch of cases of Dr. Pepper over there. No one can blow up a guy who's drinking Dr. Pepper.