PDA

View Full Version : Guess who Peter King is picking this weekend?

KingPriest2
10-29-2004, 07:27 AM
Well, I hope I report 'em better than I pick 'em.

If I lived in Nevada and frequented Gamingville, I would have been 3-10 last week. Just picking winners, I was 6-8. Grim. So don't trust anything I say about Week 8, please.

SI.com's Peter King weighs in with his NFL forecast.
Week 8 -- All Times Eastern

Sunday, 1 p.m.
Preview | Matchup Arizona at Buffalo
I hate to do this to the Bills, a team I thought would be better than the Jets in August. But I love how Dennis Green has his team playing better on offense than everyone thought. Defensive coordinator of the year: the Cardinals' Clancy Pendergast.
Arizona 19, Buffalo 14

Sunday, 1 p.m.
Preview | Matchup Detroit at Dallas
The end of the 3-0 streak for the road warriors from Detroit. Put simply, Bill Parcells has the entire city of Dallas on high alert to win this game. He will figure out a way to tighten the screws on defense and pressure Joey Harrington.
Dallas 21, Detroit 17

Sunday, 1 p.m.
Preview | Matchup Jacksonville at Houston
David Carr 290 yards, Byron Leftwich 163. I admit the Texans have to prove something to me -- and to the rest of America -- here. But this is the weekend the money Houston spent on defensive tackle Robaire Smith in free agency pays off.
Houston 20, Jacksonville 9

Sunday, 1 p.m.
Preview | Matchup Indianapolis at Kansas City
A scorefest, but what else would you expect? Trent Green and Peyton Manning will combine for 723 passing yards. There will be a moral victory for the Chiefs, however. Hunter Smith will punt twice for Indianapolis.
Indianapolis 31, Kansas City 27

Sunday, 1 p.m.
Preview | Matchup N.Y. Giants at Minnesota
Even without the hamstring-addled Randy Moss, the Vikings have enough for a double-digit win over a team that might have already played its best football this year. Antoine Winfield picks Kurt Warner twice.
Minnesota 27, Giants 13

Sunday, 1 p.m. Preview | Matchup Baltimore at Philadelphia
I don't like much of what I see in Kyle Boller, and even less if Jonathan Ogden's bad hammy prevents him from playing. Last time Ogden sat, the Browns ate Baltimore alive. Prediction: Terrell Owens' neck veins will bulge out 59 times.
Philadelphia 16, Baltimore 3

Sunday, 1 p.m.
Preview | Matchup Cincinnati at Tennesee
Chad Johnson sends Samari Rolle Alka-Seltzer. Just like it didn't matter with the Browns, it has absolutely no impact on a football game. Chris Brown does, however. He runs for 141 and three scores.
Tennessee 30, Cincinnati 21.

Sunday, 1 p.m.
Preview | Matchup Green Bay at Washington
An old-fashioned Lombardi-Era score. Washington's defense will harrass Brett Favre and bruise more than his hand. But this just might be the day the fans' booing Mark Brunell helps convince Joe Gibbs to go to Patrick Ramsey.
Green Bay 14, Washington 10

Sunday, 4:05 p.m.
Preview | Matchup Atlanta at Denver
I can't believe Atlanta and Denver a.) are as bad as they looked last week; b.) are not going to make the playoffs; c.) haven't clinched their divisions yet; d.) all of the above. The answer is D.
Denver 24, Atlanta 22

Sunday, 4:05 p.m.
Preview | Matchup Carolina at Seattle
Put-up or shut-up time for the Holmgrens, and I can't fathom that they'll blow this one against a totally beat-up team like the Panthers. No way. But I'm the same guy who tought Denver would win by four TDs Monday night.
Seattle 30, Carolina 10

Sunday, 4:15 p.m.
Preview | Matchup New England at Pittsburgh
A year ago this week, Ben Roethlisberger threw for 408 yards against Kent State. I feel safe in saying the big guy won't throw for 408 this week against the Bruschis.
New England 16, Pittsburgh 13

Sunday, 4:15 p.m.
Preview | Matchup Oakland at San Diego
Remember back in the summer when you wouldn't have traded Drew Brees and Javon Walker in fantasy football for Kerry Collins? My, how times have changed.
San Diego 19, Oakland 10

Sunday, 8:30 p.m.
Preview | Matchup San Francisco at Chicago
Great Sunday night game, huh? Can't help it. I think the Bears are the worst team in football. The only way they win this game is if Thomas Jones runs for 142, or if they force five 49ers turnovers. Or both.
San Francisco 20, Chicago 9

Monday, 9 p.m.
Preview | Matchup Miami at N.Y. Jets
The Dolphins will play tougher than you'd think. In part because it's the Jets and in part because I still need to see Chad Pennington take this team down the field a few times on solid drives against a good defense.
New York 20, Miami 12

BigMeatballDave
10-29-2004, 07:39 AM
ONLY 27 against that lousy D?

MichaelH
10-29-2004, 07:44 AM
ONLY 27 against that lousy D?

And the misinformed media and Colts fans are saying only 31 against that D?

My feeling is if the Chiefs play like they did vs. Baltimore and Atlanta, the Colts won't stand a chance. If it comes down to smash mouth football, the Colts can't play. They're a finesse team.

Bob Dole
10-29-2004, 07:49 AM
Bob Dole would probably pick Indy if he could take off the homer glasses. (Which is why Bob Dole doesn't bet on football.)

Interesting to see that King also picks Kerry to win.

ROYC75
10-29-2004, 07:58 AM
I know what I feel in my heart, so with that and the way my pick'ms have gone, I'll pick the Colts to assure a KC win.

Gaz
10-29-2004, 08:04 AM
If I were betting the rent money, I would probably put it on Indianapolis, too.

Until the Chiefs show some consistency, they are not going to be favorits against good teams.

xoxo~
Gaz
Living with the shame and doing quite well, thank you.

Braincase
10-29-2004, 08:11 AM
I know what I feel in my heart, so with that and the way my pick'ms have gone, I'll pick the Colts to assure a KC win.

We're a LOCK!

HC_Chief
10-29-2004, 08:17 AM
Julian Battle is our starting nickle. *shudder*

ROYC75
10-29-2004, 08:20 AM
We're a LOCK!

I'm perfect so far, I haven't won a game yet on my pick'ms when picking the Chiefs.

4 picks to win = 4 L's
2 picks to lose = 2 wins

here's to keeping the trend. :thumb:

You guys do know that this is keeping me from gaining ground in my pick'ms contest. :banghead:

KC Jones
10-29-2004, 08:56 AM
Until the Chiefs show some consistency, they are not going to be favorits against good teams.

xoxo~
Gaz
Living with the shame and doing quite well, thank you.

We have shown ourselves to have a consistently bad secondary. The only time we've at all prevented passing attacks from having their way with us was when we were playing young struggling QBs like Boller and Vick. Houston, Carolina, Denver, and Jacksonville all had a great deal of success through the air.

I can see the Colts blowing us out more likely than us blowing them out. I think it'll be another high scoring close game.

C-Mac
10-29-2004, 10:17 AM
If I were betting the rent money, I would probably put it on Indianapolis, too.

I honestly feel that the Chiefs have been "mostly" consistent the last 4 games, just change 1 play in each of the last 2 losses. If Trent wouldnt have thrown short to TG vs Houston and Warfied wouldnt have let the ball slip right thru him on an easy interception in Jacksonville on the last drive they would easily be 4-2 and no one would be doubting consistancy. I think most importantly the D has kept improving and that the glaring weekness really pointed at Mcleon. If Bartee plays like last week the scale will continue upward. So I still feel, especially at Arrowhead, they will bring their "A" game ( but I still wouldnt bet my "rent" money)

ptlyon
10-29-2004, 10:19 AM
If Trent wouldnt have thrown short to TG vs Houston and Warfied wouldnt have let the ball slip right thru him on an easy interception in Jacksonville on the last drive they would easily be 4-2 and no one would be doubting consistancy.

No, the Chiefs would be termed "lucky" in that case.

KCTitus
10-29-2004, 10:25 AM

Good usage of The Lexicon.

alanm
10-29-2004, 10:36 AM
There ain't no way, no how the Chiefs are losing this game.
Chiefs 34
Colts 17

ptlyon
10-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Good usage of The Lexicon.

Alas, I am yet a young Jedi in the Lexicon Force

jspchief
10-29-2004, 10:52 AM
Well, I hope I report 'em better than I pick 'em.

You don't.

Unfortunately, I have to say I think we'll lose this game. We've done nothing to show that we can beat a balanced offensive team or win two in a row. I believe if all three phases of our team play up to their capabilities, we can run away with it. But we've yet to show we can do it

Manila-Chief
10-29-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm perfect so far, I haven't won a game yet on my pick'ms when picking the Chiefs.

4 picks to win = 4 L's
2 picks to lose = 2 wins

here's to keeping the trend. :thumb:

You guys do know that this is keeping me from gaining ground in my pick'ms contest. :banghead:

Roy, that is exactly my record!!! I picked them this week. Hope to break the cycle. But, got to admit that we have a lot of D player hurt and may not be as good as we need to be on D.

vckcchiefs04
10-29-2004, 12:22 PM
CHIEFS 41 colts 38 PBJ

ARROW2
10-29-2004, 12:33 PM

How is catching a sure interception and simply running the ball on first and goal lucky?

Gaz
10-29-2004, 12:37 PM
How is catching a sure interception and simply running the ball on first and goal lucky?

Stick around, my man…

xoxo~
Gaz
Seen it before.

Rausch
10-29-2004, 12:40 PM
You don't.

Unfortunately, I have to say I think we'll lose this game. We've done nothing to show that we can beat a balanced offensive team or win two in a row. I believe if all three phases of our team play up to their capabilities, we can run away with it. But we've yet to show we can do it

If you look at trends, we were 0-3 in our first 3 and 2-1 in our last three. And in our last three we HAD that Jacksonville game. Should have won that.

We have turned the corner. We aren't all the way there yet but last week was our most complete game of the year (god save the special teams.)

Rausch
10-29-2004, 12:55 PM
Guess who doesn't give a shit about Peter King this week?

I didn't care last week either...

philfree
10-29-2004, 02:19 PM
I don't care what these jerks think but IMO every one of them is underestimating the Chiefs D. They still think this is last years D. It shows that they haven't done their home work. I hope the Colts think the same thing. They'll be in for a shock if they do.

PhilFree :arrow:

jspchief
10-29-2004, 02:40 PM
If you look at trends, we were 0-3 in our first 3 and 2-1 in our last three. And in our last three we HAD that Jacksonville game. Should have won that.

We have turned the corner. We aren't all the way there yet but last week was our most complete game of the year (god save the special teams.)

I agree to a point. We approach the corner this Sunday. We'll have turned it if we beat the Colts. This game is important in a multitude of ways. We really need the win to keep our play-off hopes alive. We also need it for the confidence of winning two in a row and beating a solid all around offensive team. And finally, we need it to get the Indy monkey off of our back. There has to be residual feelings from that play-off game. Sunday we'll determine if we converted them to fire and passion, or if they have embedded themselves into our gut.

chiefsfolife
10-29-2004, 02:41 PM
chiefs 52 colts 20