PDA

View Full Version : FFL: Who would you start?

chop
10-29-2004, 04:36 PM
I am going to start three rb's this week. Priest is a given but what other two would you choose?

Priest Holmes (given)
Thomas Jones
Ruben Droughns
Chris Brown
Rudy Johnson

Thanks in advance.

chop
10-29-2004, 04:38 PM
I have to go pick up dinner now but I'll be back to read your opinions.

Hydrae
10-29-2004, 04:40 PM
Off the top of my head without looking at matchups, Droughns and Brown.

Miles
10-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Droughes should be your other given. I think Brown is your #3 guy and has a nice matchup against the Bengals. However Brown is and injury concern since he is kind of banged up. Monitor his injury closely and if he isnt playing go with Thomas Jones against SF. Actually you may want to minimise risk since you're Jones anyway depending on wheter the rest of you team is this solid.

DaKCMan AP
10-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Droughns and Johnson. Brown has turf toe and his production has gone down significantly the past couple of weeks. With an injury-riddled team that has a poor record, Brown has begun to lose some value. That's why in one of my leagues where I am deep at RB I traded Brown this week while his stock is still high to pickup a top WR.

DaKCMan AP
10-29-2004, 05:25 PM
Chris Brown:

1st 5 games:
100yds
152yds 1TD
101yds 1TD
55yds
148yds 2TD

last 2 weeks:
52yds
55yds

him getting turf toe isn't going to help his production.

DaKCMan AP
10-29-2004, 05:30 PM
also, depends on what type of league you're in (scoring, yards, etc.) but droughns has been tearing it up and with griffin out for the year his value only increases.

last 3 weeks:
193yds 1receiving TD
176yds 1TD
110yds

BigVE
10-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Droughns for sure and then its a toss-up between Rudy and ThomasJ....better matchups and NO injury questions.

chop
10-29-2004, 05:52 PM
Players get 1 point for every 10 yards rushing and recieving and 6 points for a td. I have to start 1 QB, 2 WR's, 2 RB's, 1 WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 k, and 1 Def.

My other starters are:

qb- Manning
WR's- Givens and R. Williams
RB's Holmes
TE- Wiggins

Bench C. Chambers, A. Bolden, and M. Pittman,

sparkky
10-29-2004, 08:00 PM
Droughns and T. Jones

Macroach
10-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Chris Brown is a gametime decision. Even if he plays, he will be banged up.

For Rudi vs. Tom Jones, let's look at the last 3 games:

T. Jones
13 carries/32 yds. vs. Philly
24 carries/97 yds. vs. Washington
13 carries/52 yds. +1TD vs. Tampa.

Rudi Johnson
24 carries/123 yds. +1 TD vs. Pittsburgh
16 carries/57 yds. vs. Cleveland
24 carries/119 yds. +1 TD vs. Denver.

Granted, the numbers don' t take into account the effects of 1 long run on the average (the Clinton Portis Week 1 syndrome), but Rudi has been playing well and Thomas Jones is not enjoying the Bears' QB woes.

Tennessee and San Francisco are basically even as far as rush yards yielded per game (114.5 to 115.7)

Long story longer? Priest, Droughns, and Rudi.

P.S. The fact that I pick Rudi means that you must do the exact opposite, if history is any indication.

morphius
10-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Droughns and T. Jones
That's probably who I would start as well.

Of course I'm still trying to figure out which of this group of posers I'm going to start for Hacks FFL (2 RB 2 WR and 2 RB/WR)

RB's: T Jones, Portis, Chester Taylor
WR's: Randy Moss, Jimmy Smith, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Rod Smith and Marcus Robinson

Miles
10-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Another thing to consider with T Jones's matchup is that Rattay may not play and if he does he is really banged up. He is having trouble gripping the ball due to an injury on with hand and the latest news is he is a game time decesion. Without Rattay the SF offense will likely struggle and makes for a better matchup since the only downside of Jones is limited carries if they are behind.

Flustrated
10-30-2004, 12:28 AM
To break the trend here, I would sit Droughns and start Rudi and Jones. Ya know the Falcons are gonna play 8 in the box this week to make teams respect them again. And denver is gonna be carful with the blocking, as I'm sure the refs will be watching.
Rudi finnally had a good game monday night and has confidence going against a Gun-less Titans linebacker core.
And the Bears at home against a crappy injury depleted Defense. (No Jullian Peterson).... no question.... hell, maybe ya even wanna start Jonathan Quinn, ok maybe not, gawd I'm glad we got rid of him.

Miles
10-30-2004, 12:36 AM
To break the trend here, I would sit Droughns and start Rudi and Jones. Ya know the Falcons are gonna play 8 in the box this week to make teams respect them again. And denver is gonna be carful with the blocking, as I'm sure the refs will be watching.
Rudi finnally had a good game monday night and has confidence going against a Gun-less Titans linebacker core.
And the Bears at home against a crappy injury depleted Defense. (No Jullian Peterson).... no question.... hell, maybe ya even wanna start Jonathan Quinn, ok maybe not, gawd I'm glad we got rid of him.

They only way you sit Droughns is out of hatred for the Broncos. He has had 3 great weeks since starting, so you dont sit him till he has a bad game. Denver's passing game is hardly crap (cant belive im saying this) so Atl's D cant play for the run the whole game.

Flustrated
10-30-2004, 12:59 AM
They only way you sit Droughns is out of hatred for the Broncos. He has had 3 great weeks since starting, so you dont sit him till he has a bad game. Denver's passing game is hardly crap (cant belive im saying this) so Atl's D cant play for the run the whole game.

ok maybe I can't stand the Donkeys, but I still think teams will key on droughns now that hes a proven threat. I still say Rudi vs Titans and Jones vs SF are locks for good games.