PDA

View Full Version : Washington D.C. Forum

jAZ
10-29-2004, 05:36 PM
( Mods, I know this is tangently politcal, but please don't move it :p )

An announcement has been made over in DC that come Nov 3rd (or whenever the Presidential election is settled), that the DC forum is zapped and all topics will be welcome back in the main forum (political or otherwise).

I am curious of everyone's opinions on the idea.

Poll Forthcoming.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Good grief....

jAZ
10-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Good grief....
You object to asking what people think?

Demonpenz
10-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Mods can you please clean up this mess

demon
XoXo

Just waiting till someone picks up after the kids!

Rain Man
10-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Will y'all be nice and reasonable and thoughtful, or will you still be posting stuff like you do over there now? That'll make a big difference in my vote.

Demonpenz
10-29-2004, 05:41 PM
can we just have political talk banned, then if it does get political just send the people to the romper room?

Deberg_1990
10-29-2004, 05:42 PM
God....im so sick of DC forum......its about worthless..

FAX
10-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Conspiracy Theory #11:

Bin Laden is in Kazakhstan and is under the control of linguists, turds, and blonde pollsters. Bin Laden and Al Quaeda are being used to confound Americans as to how decisions should be made regarding what language may be used to appropriately state the obvious.

Developing ...

FAX

jAZ
10-29-2004, 05:48 PM
Are you mad?

Close that forum and the main one fills up with bullshit at light speed.
I wonder if I should included the option of closing DC, but requiring all political talk be kept to the Royals forum.

go bo
10-29-2004, 05:50 PM
can we just have political talk banned, then if it does get political just send the people to the romper room?but what does "political" mean exactly?

it isn't that easy to determine what "political" is, once you get out of partisan politics...

during the off-season (which is what i voted for), some of the best threads are "political" in that they are discussions of public and/or foreign policy, societal issues, etc.

once partisan ardor has cooled (about the time our season comes to an end), things shouldn't be so bad that we'd still need the d.c. forum...

Demonpenz
10-29-2004, 05:52 PM
but what does "political" mean exactly?

it isn't that easy to determine what "political" is, once you get out of partisan politics...

during the off-season (which is what i voted for), some of the best threads are "political" in that they are discussions of public and/or foreign policy, societal issues, etc.

once partisan ardor has cooled (about the time our season comes to an end), things shouldn't be so bad that we'd still need the d.c. forum...

Yeah your right as ususal. I just ment the real hot button issues.

FAX
10-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Conspiracy Theory #12:

Bin Laden is in Scotland and is under the control of the descendents of Nathanial Webster. Bin Laden and Al Quaeda are being used to undermine the ability of Americans to communicate with simple words.

Developing ...

FAX

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 05:55 PM
You object to asking what people think?

No. I object to your being a drama queen.

Hydrae
10-29-2004, 05:56 PM
Conspiracy Theory #12:

Bin Laden is in Scotland and is under the control of the descendents of Nathanial Webster. Bin Laden and Al Quaeda are being used to undermine the ability of Americans to communicate with simple words.

Developing ...

FAX

No, no, no. :shake:

That was Daniel Webster and the Devil.

Bowser
10-29-2004, 05:56 PM
I'll have to dig out my big boots to walk through all the crappola to post again!

jAZ
10-29-2004, 05:59 PM
No. I object to your being a drama queen.
Lighten up.

Skip Towne
10-29-2004, 05:59 PM
The DC forum keeps Dense(and others) occupied. As soon as you close it they will bring that shit back here. Leave it open.

tk13
10-29-2004, 06:00 PM
I thought hitssmack was joking over there in DC.... he wasn't serious was he?

Frazod
10-29-2004, 06:01 PM
I NEVER want to see that shit back over here. EVER. Keep it the hell over in DC where it belongs.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 06:05 PM
Jamie... and some others... are stuck on not having the politco section separate due to concerns over what this board "was supposed to be". It's an understandable concern... but, there's nothing legitimate behind it.

It is every bit as legitimate as your concern of the main forum filling up with bullshit. Bullshit can be found on the main forum every day. The question is what does the individual view as bullshit? One man's junk is another man's treasure. And thus, my argument is not only that the splitting is in contradiction to original concept of the board, it is that unless you re willing to parse ALL forms of discussion into seperate forums, you are discriminating against a certain sect of the members who view politics as a legitimate discussion.

IMO[/B], things are better as a result.

That says it all, in my opinion.

Re: the possibility of this thread being moved... not by me. The residents of the main forum who don't venture into DC have a right to know a group of retards about about to bound in and take a dump on the living room carpet.

I resent the hell out of this statement. As I have said, those who support the merging of the board back together have just as much of a legitimate argument as those who oppose it.

Skip Towne
10-29-2004, 06:08 PM
I NEVER want to see that shit back over here. EVER. Keep it the hell over in DC where it belongs.
I'll put you down as "undecided".

Frazod
10-29-2004, 06:10 PM
I resent the hell out of this statement. As I have said, those who support the merging of the board back together have just as much of a legitimate argument as those who oppose it.

I resent that statement, too. Horrible grammar. Brian must be drunk already. :D

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 06:12 PM
Lighten up.

This from the person who had to rush to main forum to try and get public sentiment to use against a mod before the issue has even become an issue? Riiiiight.

For all we know, Parker was joking. Why, if he hates politics so much, would he merge the boards back together? Why would he not keep them seperated? I did not take his post to mean anything another than maybe venting a little frustraton. I sure did not get my hopes up, especially after Phil had said the experiment would last until the end of football season.

tk13
10-29-2004, 06:15 PM
I still don't understand the complaining about that. It was blanantly obvious that those who love the political discussion were so into it that they were dominating the board... you give them a place where they can passionately discuss everything that they spend obsessing over in the form of repetitive 300 page thread after 300 page thread that 90% of people got tired of... and yet some complain about it. It's just a different animal.

Otter
10-29-2004, 06:17 PM

Once again, I concur with Frazod.

[sits in corner and rocks back and forth]

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 06:19 PM
Resent it all you want Jamie... you can't deny the fact that threads in that forum have a high tendency to be nothing more than childish bickering. At this point in time, the community has declared that childish bickering over politics is a particular grade of bullshit that warrants seperation from the everyday bullshit. Our shit smells much better now.

Get back in your hole. :D

Nor can you deny that some of the worthless topics that get discussed on the front page now are of any higher quality than the political cat fights.

I can say that I do believe that the threads in the DC forum are more high strung than they typically were when the board was one. It is the blending of the topics that helps to keep attitudes on a more even keel.

Frazod
10-29-2004, 06:20 PM
I don't know what you're talking about about.

Hmm. Well, I just reread it and it makes a bit more sense. Of course, I'm drinking...

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 06:20 PM
I resent that statement, too. Horrible grammar. Brian must be drunk already. :D

I just assumed that he was already drunk, and thus decided not to bother with pointing out the poor grammar.

Frazod
10-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Nor can you deny that some of the worthless topics that get discussed on the front page now are of any higher quality than the political cat fights.

True. But they also tend not to be supercharged with raging, partisan, extremist hatred. To many of us, that shit gets old. Quickly.

Face it - you guys just don't work and play well with others, at least when it comes to politics.

Otter
10-29-2004, 06:27 PM
For those of you who think of voting anything but "never" please remember what it's like having Jaz and DuhNise all over the front board debating whether George Bush has horns or a forked tail and what that does to attracting new members.

Just vote "never"!

You guys obviously have not idea how annoying you are when you discuss politics.

I"m Otter McOtter, and I approve this message.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 06:28 PM
I still don't understand the complaining about that. It was blanantly obvious that those who love the political discussion were so into it that they were dominating the board... you give them a place where they can passionately discuss everything that they spend obsessing over in the form of repetitive 300 page thread after 300 page thread that 90% of people got tired of... and yet some complain about it. It's just a different animal.

And I still do not understand this argument. At the time when the board was split, politics did dominate the front page to some extent. And whyyyyyy was that? It was because there was nothing else to discuss. People were bitching about there being no football threads on the front page, they had no legitimate complaint because it WAS F#CKING MAY! There IS NO football to discuss in May. The board was split and guess what, there still was hardly any football being discussed, yet the bitching stopped.

The "football board" argument was a false one conceived by some who did not have the will power to NOT click on a political thread or simply move on from one thread title to the next.

Otter
10-29-2004, 06:30 PM
And I still do not understand this argument. At the time when the board was split, politics did dominate the front page to some extent. And whyyyyyy was that? It was because there was nothing else to discuss. People were bitching about there being no football threads on the front page, they had no legitimate complaint because it WAS F#CKING MAY! There IS NO football to discuss in May. The board was split and guess what, there still was hardly any football being discussed, yet the bitching stopped.

The "football board" argument was a false one conceived by some who did not have the will power to NOT click on a political thread or simply move on from one thread title to the next.

If someone would have asked me about midgets or clowns I would have been happy to discuss.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 06:30 PM
And I have made no such claim. Please read the text the follows the bolded text.

I did read it. I was merely pointing out the fallacy of the statement.

Otter
10-29-2004, 06:32 PM
When there's no football to discuss, I prefer my board to be dominated by dick and fart jokes, thankyouverymuch.

Exactly!

Throw in the occasional queef joke to keep this on the level though...

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 06:33 PM
True. But they also tend not to be supercharged with raging, partisan, extremist hatred. To many of us, that shit gets old. Quickly.

Face it - you guys just don't work and play well with others, at least when it comes to politics.

So, don't click on the link. It's called self control. ;)

Otter
10-29-2004, 06:35 PM

You mean the same self-control displayed when resident bean picker decides to herd his sheep?

Or when DuhNise brings up RIch Gannon?

MIght as well ask for peace in the Middle East.

Frazod
10-29-2004, 06:37 PM

Sorry, but I don't buy it.

With all the politicos and God-fearing/hating types we have around here, election or no election, this shit will ALWAYS be in season. After the election comes the post-election whining/gloating, followed by the inevitable I TOLD YOU SOs, HOW COULD THIS HAPPENs, and YOU VOTED FOR THIS PRICK I BLAME YOUs, peppered with the odd abortion and does God exist thread.

I'm personally very grateful that I only have to endure it by choice, and that outside of those rare occasions when I venture into the pit, I don't have to deal with it.

And it really seems to be working fine. Quite simply, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 06:38 PM
For those of you who think of voting anything but "never" please remember what it's like having Jaz and DuhNise all over the front board debating whether George Bush has horns or a forked tail and what that does to attracting new members.

Just vote "never"!

You guys obviously have not idea how annoying you are when you discuss politics.

I"m Otter McOtter, and I approve this message.

Ban Denise. jAZ has shown that once football season comes around he chills out.

If you are worried about attracting new members, you shouldn't have a link to the "nasty wasteland" right at the top of the main forum. We really have not solved that issue, if that is an issue that one is concerned with.

tk13
And we get the typical "there's no football to talk about". Well no duh, that doesn't mean we have to devote every waking hour to talking politics. It was the same bullcrap over and over again. I for one am very grateful we didn't have to put up with the 284307248072408 threads over F 9/11, for instance. To me moving politics off the front page was exactly the same thing as moving Rain Man's B-17 stuff off the front page. I'm all for variety on the front page, but when something is going to dominate and obviously needs space, it needs to go elsewhere to promote the variety.

I've never argued once for a "football only" board, only for a more "non-political" board. A vote for tk is a vote for more equal representation and multi-partisanism within the topical representation of the planet. God Bless America!

Frazod

Seeing the f#cking topics are bad enough. Perhaps that wouldn't be an issue if we had an IGNORE THREAD option - but we don't.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 06:39 PM
If someone would have asked me about midgets or clowns I would have been happy to discuss.

Sooo, why didn't you start a thread on the subject?

Frazod
10-29-2004, 06:40 PM
BTW, you're currently getting hammered 22 to 9 on remerging the forums. IIRC, that's about the same ratio that got DC created in the first place.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 06:43 PM
When there's no football to discuss, I prefer my board to be dominated by dick and fart jokes, thankyouverymuch.

Once again we are back to the one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Just because politics does not interest you, does not mean everyone else has the same view.

Politics are a part of our lives, you might as well accept that and the fact that you will never be able to fully escape the subject.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 06:45 PM
No you're not. You're pointing out the fallacy of a statement I didn't make.

I worded that in an extremely poor fashion. The way I should have typed it -

I am pointing out the fallacy inherrent in your argument.

That's better.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 06:47 PM
It's not so much a "football board" argument as it is a "we don't want a political board" argument.

That was not the argument presented.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 06:50 PM
You mean the same self-control displayed when resident bean picker decides to herd his sheep?

Or when DuhNise brings up RIch Gannon?

MIght as well ask for peace in the Middle East.

Just because people cannot practice self-restraint does not mean that we should coddle them and their selfish demands to help them with their weakness.

Bob Dole
10-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Where is the "Not just no but HELL no" option?

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 06:55 PM

With all the politicos and God-fearing/hating types we have around here, election or no election, this shit will ALWAYS be in season. After the election comes the post-election whining/gloating, followed by the inevitable I TOLD YOU SOs, HOW COULD THIS HAPPENs, and YOU VOTED FOR THIS PRICK I BLAME YOUs, peppered with the odd abortion and does God exist thread.

I'm personally very grateful that I only have to endure it by choice, and that outside of those rare occasions when I venture into the pit, I don't have to deal with it.

And it really seems to be working fine. Quite simply, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I never said it would go away, infact I said the exact opposite in the thread devoted to this issue in the DC forum.

All I am saying is that as other topics become relevant they will find their place on the front page and balance the board out.

Otter
10-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Sooo, why didn't you start a thread on the subject?

Just a joke. It's quiet ironic that you're arguing with a guy dressed as Osama Bin Laden with a massive head wound.

(Halloween Costume)

The drunk wagon is due outside my door any moment so I must bid you farewell.

LONG LIVE ALLAH!!!!

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 06:59 PM
And we get the typical "there's no football to talk about".#1 Well no duh, that doesn't mean we have to devote every waking hour to talking politics.#2 It was the same bullcrap over and over again. I for one am very grateful we didn't have to put up with the 284307248072408 threads over F 9/11, for instance. To me moving politics off the front page was exactly the same thing as moving Rain Man's B-17 stuff off the front page. I'm all for variety on the front page, but when something is going to dominate and obviously needs space, it needs to go elsewhere to promote the variety.

I've never argued once for a "football only" board, only for a more "non-political" board. A vote for tk is a vote for more equal representation and multi-partisanism within the topical representation of the planet. God Bless America!

1) Don't blame me, I did not come up with the assanine argument, I am only left with responding to it.

2) Exaggerate much?

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 07:01 PM
Seeing the f#cking topics are bad enough. Perhaps that wouldn't be an issue if we had an IGNORE THREAD option - but we don't.

I don't like it when I am walking through a mall and see some dipshit wearing a raider or donkey cap, but I don't them shove them off to some other site where I don't have to look at them.

Logical
10-29-2004, 07:03 PM

Jamie, I am going to respectfully disagree. In general the tone and attitude of the posters on the main BB improved after the DC forum was formed. So there is more to this than just moving an unpopular topic to forum off the main BB. I will agree that during the offseason the main BB became pretty slow, but on the other hand the DC forum became quite busy for those who wanted to talk politics.

I know that it has slowed my posting down having a split BB but that is not neccessarily a bad thing. I actually attribute it more to the dearth of non-partisan serious discussion during this political silly season.

I could live with the BB being brought back together but also kept seperate. I think post election traffic over there should determine that decision.

Just my thoughts, no offense.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 07:03 PM
BTW, you're currently getting hammered 22 to 9 on remerging the forums. IIRC, that's about the same ratio that got DC created in the first place.

If there is one thing I learned from the "seperatists", it that persistence pays off. Start enough topics and polls on the subject, and sooner or later you are bound to win.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 07:06 PM
Just a joke. It's quiet ironic that you're arguing with a guy dressed as Osama Bin Laden with a massive head wound.

(Halloween Costume)

The drunk wagon is due outside my door any moment so I must bid you farewell.

LONG LIVE ALLAH!!!!

I knew it was a joke, I merely used it to make a point.

Have fun tonight.

Frazod
10-29-2004, 07:07 PM
If there is one thing I learned from the "seperatists", it that persistence pays off. Start enough topics and polls on the subject, and sooner or later you are bound to win.

Now it's 26-10. Good luck, Spanky. :p

htismaqe
:hmmm:

KcMizzou
Where is the "Not just no but HELL no" option?
I'm with Bob.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Jamie, I am going to respectfully disagree. In general the tone and attitude of the posters on the main BB improved after the DC forum was formed. So there is more to this than just moving an unpopular to some topic off the main BB. I will agree that during the offseason the main BB became pretty slow, but on the other hand the DC forum became quite busy for those who wanted to talk politics.

I know that it has slowed my posting down having a split BB but that is not neccessarily a bad thing. I actually attribute it more to the dearth of non-partisan serious discussion during this political silly season.

I could live with the BB being brought back together but also kept seperate. I think post election traffic over there should determine that decision.

Just my thoughts, no offense.

Well sure it has, all the people who were complaing about politics being discussed on the main board finally allowed their panties to be un-wadded when they got their way. :p

And no offense taken, of course.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Now it's 26-10. Good luck, Spanky. :p

Rome didn't fall in a day.

Logical
10-29-2004, 07:12 PM
Well sure it has, all the people who were complaing about politics being discussed on the main board finally allowed their panties to be un-wadded when they got their way. :p

And no offense taken, of course.

So Jamie, in the spirit of discourse, is it not reasonable to assume that merging the two back together would likely bring back the acrimony???

Skip Towne
10-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Once again we are back to the one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Just because politics does not interest you, does not mean everyone else has the same view.

Politics are a part of our lives, you might as well accept that and the fact that you will never be able to fully escape the subject.
Politics are NOT a part of my life and I will fight everyone who wants to cram them down my throat. And it is NOT a fact that I cannot escape them.

KcMizzou
10-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Politics are NOT a part of my life and I will fight everyone who wants to cram them down my throat. And it is NOT a fact that I cannot escape them. And for those who enjoy political discussions, they're only a click away. It's not as if the discussion has died down as a result of having it's own forum. It's alive and well. Hell it's going stronger than ever. I don't see what the big deal is.

shaneo69
10-29-2004, 07:21 PM
I'm a Chiefs fan. I didn't come here to talk politics. Thank you for putting the political threads in a sub-forum.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 07:22 PM
So Jamie, in the spirit of discourse, is it not reasonable to assume that merging the two back together would likely bring back the acrimony???

Of course it is reasonable to assume. Hell, assume, I'll come right out and state it as fact.

My question is, so what? If people cannot simply pass by the threads they do not wish to read, if they must insist on letting it irratate them to the point where they feel the need to ruin it for those who do enjoy it, screw 'em. Let them live in their misery. They are un-happy in this matter simply because they choose to be so. I see no reason why I and others should suffer from their lack of self control.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 07:24 PM
And for those who enjoy political discussions, they're only a click away. It's not as if the discussion has died down as a result of having it's own forum. It's alive and well. Hell it's going stronger than ever. I don't see what the big deal is.

And for those who don't enjoy the political threads, all you had to do was skip over and ignore them.

PastorMikH
10-29-2004, 07:25 PM
I know everyone wants to get rid of the DC Forum. But ask yourself, isn't it nice to see people like Denise and her buddies NOT posting their jibberish on the main BB?

tk13
10-29-2004, 07:25 PM
2) Exaggerate much?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101556
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100787
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100340
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=95570
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=94272
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=94372
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93115
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=94135
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93971
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93897
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93735
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93655
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92890
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92866
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92812
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92811
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92735
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92697
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92680
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92548
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92473
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92438
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92192
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92420
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92468
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92425
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92290
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92272
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92288
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92279
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91848
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92042
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91895
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91982
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91891
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91944
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91828
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91812
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91790
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91785
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91547
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91575
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91515
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91330
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91134
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90828
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90552
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=88314

Those are just some of the results from one simple search. I can go get more, but I got tired of it.

KcMizzou
10-29-2004, 07:26 PM
I know everyone wants to get rid of the DC Forum. Psst. Look at the poll numbers.

PastorMikH
10-29-2004, 07:28 PM
Psst. Look at the poll numbers.

Yeah, but that was kinda directed at those arguing the loudest for bringing it all back together. This topic has spilled over into several threads.

KcMizzou
10-29-2004, 07:28 PM
Yeah, but that was kinda directed at those arguing the loudest for bringing it all back together. This topic has spilled over into several threads. Gotcha. I was just givin ya crap anyway.

Skip Towne
10-29-2004, 07:30 PM
And for those who don't enjoy the political threads, all you had to do was skip over and ignore them.
I tried skipping over the shitty threads....till they comprised 60% of the front page. Then It suddenly took me 1/2 as much time to read the Planet. So I found other things to do. We shouldn't have to skip over shit that 70% of us do not want in the first place.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 07:35 PM
I know everyone wants to get rid of the DC Forum. But ask yourself, isn't it nice to see people like Denise and her buddies NOT posting their jibberish on the main BB?

This argument pisses me right the hell off. Everybody complains about Denise, but we can never get a majority to ban her. So since the majority lacks the balls to get rid of her completely, they sweep her off to a side room forcing those of us who do enjoy discussing politics to continue to deal with her while everyone else gets to forget she exists.

If she is that bad, ban her. And I think you would see a lot of other problems subside as well.

Logical
10-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Of course it is reasonable to assume. Hell, assume, I'll come right out and state it as fact.

My question is, so what? If people cannot simply pass by the threads they do not wish to read, if they must insist on letting it irratate them to the point where they feel the need to ruin it for those who do enjoy it, screw 'em. Let them live in their misery. They are un-happy in this matter simply because they choose to be so. I see no reason why I and others should suffer from their lack of self control.

Just curious, how are you suffering? My argument against splitting the board was that I thought it would have a seriously negative impact on traffic. That did not happen, so I am not sure how anyone is suffering.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 07:37 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101556
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100787
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100340
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=95570
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=94272
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=94372
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93115
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=94135
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93971
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93897
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93735
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93655
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92890
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92866
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92812
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92811
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92735
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92697
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92680
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92548
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92473
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92438
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92192
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92420
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92468
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92425
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92290
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92272
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92288
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92279
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91848
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92042
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91895
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91982
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91891
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91944
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91828
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91812
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91790
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91785
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91547
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91575
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91515
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91330
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91134
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90828
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90552
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=88314

Those are just some of the results from one simple search. I can go get more, but I got tired of it.

I wonder if you would be willing to put forth all of the non-political threads from the same time period so that we could see how they stack up in terms of quantity.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 07:38 PM
I tried skipping over the shitty threads....till they comprised 60% of the front page. Then It suddenly took me 1/2 as much time to read the Planet. So I found other things to do. We shouldn't have to skip over shit that 70% of us do not want in the first place.

When you can make this claim during football season I will be more open to what you are saying.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2004, 07:39 PM

Yeah. This is a freaking football board. Come on.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Fabulous point. I'll remove it right away.

At least we are starting to move towards consistency.

KcMizzou
10-29-2004, 07:41 PM
Yeah. This is a freaking football board. Come on. Ah jeez... how long till someone jumps all over this?

In reality it's NOT a football board. It's a board populated by people who have a common interest, and that interest is football. As I understand it, "football only" restrictions were part of what led to the birth of Chiefsplanet in the first place. But I wasn't there... so I can't be 100% sure.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2004, 07:44 PM
Ah jeez... how long till someone jumps all over this?

In reality it's NOT a football board. It's a board populated by people who have a common interest, and that interest is football. As I understand it, "football only" restrictions were part of what led to the birth of Chiefsplanet in the first place. But I wasn't there... so I can't be 100% sure.

Off topic posts are OK. 15 political threads gumming up the board is bad.

KcMizzou
10-29-2004, 07:44 PM
Off topic posts are OK. 15 political threads gumming up the board is bad. I agree completely.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 07:47 PM
Just curious, how are you suffering? My argument against splitting the board was that I thought it would have a seriously negative impact on traffic. That did not happen, so I am not sure how anyone is suffering.

Unless it got to the point where it was killing the board, reduced traffic never really meant anything to me. I don't want a watered down board that tries to cater to most everyone. I want a full fledged anything goes board that caters to most everyone. That is how the board started. That is what brought me over, and to a certain extent, what has kept me returning (that is mostly due to the relationships I have formed here, but format is important to me). I like everything on one board right in front of me.

The board was started because the old Star Board was discriminating against certain subjects. While we only keep them in sub-forum versus deleting them, we are still discriminating against the very same topics.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 07:51 PM
You're absolutely right. Tho, the results of the polls on the matter seem to show that a majority of the community does agree with me. And that, my friend, is all that really matters in the end.

Agreed. My point though is that just because that makes it law, it does not make it right.

Skip Towne
10-29-2004, 07:52 PM
I know you were dead set against splitting the board at first. But as you watched the situation, you came around 180° and went with the splitting. It takes a big man to do that. I wish I had that quality.

siberian khatru
10-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Not only that, but in my personal opinion, the board reading experience has been improved infinitely. I see no reason to seriously degrade the quality of what he have here over the simple concern of tradition.

Certainly we've strayed from what the original values of the Planet may have been. But, IMO, things are better as a result.

I'm not reading any farther in this thread. This nailed the situation perfectly, IMO. I agree 100%.

Logical
10-29-2004, 07:57 PM
How, exactly, are you suffering?

And, here's the answer to your so what. This board provides entertainment. The majority of the community find it less pleasant with the old configuration. They enjoy it vastly more this way.

It's unfortunate (for you) that you're in the minority on this issue. Why should the community as a whole suffer for a very small minority's desires?

Minor correction Brian, minority is correct but I would not say 25% is a very small minority.

Opinions may vary, you may have different results.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 07:58 PM
No, you're not. You're pointing out the fallacy in a plank of an argument I'm not making.

I have never in any way intimated that judged on some empirical scale the content of non-political non-football threads was superior to that of political threads.

My argument is that the seperation from politcal discussion from all other discussion makes the overall BB experience "better". Where better in this context is defined as "more pleasurable to the majority of the BB community".

The numbers on this poll seem to agree with my assertion.

The argument I am making is that political discussion is not in any way a less valid topic to have on the main board than anything else that is allowed to be kept there. Just because the majority says otherwise does not mean they are correct. That is the fallacy in your argument when you use the majority decision as your response.

Just because the majority says it is the way to go, does not mean they are correct or applying the same standards to all topics.

PastorMikH
10-29-2004, 08:02 PM
This argument pisses me right the $&$& off. Everybody complains about Denise, but we can never get a majority to ban her. So since the majority lacks the balls to get rid of her completely, they sweep her off to a side room forcing those of us who do enjoy discussing politics to continue to deal with her while everyone else gets to forget she exists.

If she is that bad, ban her. And I think you would see a lot of other problems subside as well.

Don't know why you're getting worked up in my direction. I don't get to vote 100 times in the polls. Now if I was a democrat I might get to vote more than once, but since I am a Republican I only get 1 measly little vote. I can't get the job done by myself.

Logical
10-29-2004, 08:02 PM
Noted.

I toyed with the idea of leaving "small" out... but, then I just said "To hell with it" :DYou Maverick!!!;)

Hammock Parties
10-29-2004, 08:08 PM
Just because the majority says it is the way to go, does not mean they are correct or applying the same standards to all topics.

OK, maybe they are not correct. But if the majority of the posters on this board want a separate forum to keep DC threads out of the main forum, why shouldn't they get their way?

tk13
10-29-2004, 08:08 PM
I wonder if you would be willing to put forth all of the non-political threads from the same time period so that we could see how they stack up in terms of quantity.
You completely missed the point. That is just some of the threads over one solitary topic. I imagine there are other topics (Kerry and Cambodia maybe) where I could find even more stuff. It's just one example how the politicos beat something into the ground over and over and why the majority of the population here got sick of it and shipped it off to neverland. You seem oblivious to it.

I'm not going to do everybody's legwork, but if you can find another "non political" movie that you could find 100 threads for on the main forum without batting an eyelash you're more than welcome to prove me wrong.

Frazod
10-29-2004, 08:13 PM

So basically you think the minority should drag the majority around by its collective crank because YOU don't like it.

How LIBERAL of you......

Frazod

ducking :eek:

:evil:

PastorMikH
10-29-2004, 08:16 PM
So basically you think the minority should drag the majority around by its collective crank because YOU don't like it.

How LIBERAL of you......

Frazod

WOW! After reading that again he [i]does[/d] sound like a democrat. :shake: ROFL

Frazod
10-29-2004, 08:17 PM
WOW! After reading that again he [i]does[/d] sound like a democrat. :shake: ROFL

Denise should be along shortly to rally to his cause.....

:fire:

Frazod
10-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Against vote now up 41-14.

Ahh, at least one thing I vote for this week will count for something....

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 08:32 PM
How, exactly, are you suffering?

That was addressed to Jim, I don't feel like repeating it at the moment.

And, here's the answer to your so what. This board provides entertainment. The majority of the community find it less pleasant with the old configuration. They enjoy it vastly more this way.

It's unfortunate (for you) that you're in the minority on this issue. Why should the community as a whole suffer for a very small minority's desires?

Why should the majority impose a double standard simply because they are not capable of self control? That is my entire point. There is a double standard in place because people do not have the self control to simply ignore that which they do not like. If the make up of the board forced them to open the threads and read them, they would then have a valid argument. As that is not the case, their argument does not hold water.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 08:35 PM
On or off season is irrelevant.

The majority of the community do not want a politics-dominated board.

It is not when one of the major arguments used for splitting the boards was a lack of football threads.

That makes the time of season extremely relevant.

jspchief
10-29-2004, 08:39 PM
Can someone please explain to me the injustice that is being done by having a DC forum? Raiderhader says things like "I'm suffering", but he still hasn't explained how it makes him suffer? Is it because he has to go between threads for different topics? Is that really that difficult? Do what I do, keep two windows open...when I'm reading the regular forum, the DC is minimized, and vice versa. It's as simple as a mouse click to surf both boards.

Raiderhader, can you explain what harm is being done by the seperate forum? Explain it to me like I'm not very bright, because so far I haven't caught on to the explanation given. Is it because the political threads have been reduced to the same 10-15 posters all the time and you're missing out on other's viewpoints? I honestly don't get what is wrong with it.

Skip Towne
10-29-2004, 08:51 PM
When you can make this claim during football season I will be more open to what you are saying.
Hey, It's football season right now and you are getting your ass kicked by a wide margin in the poll yet you keep arguing. What does it take to get through to you that political drivel is not wanted in the Lounge?

unlurking
10-29-2004, 08:51 PM
That was addressed to Jim, I don't feel like repeating it at the moment.

Why should the majority impose a double standard simply because they are not capable of self control? That is my entire point. There is a double standard in place because people do not have the self control to simply ignore that which they do not like. If the make up of the board forced them to open the threads and read them, they would then have a valid argument. As that is not the case, their argument does not hold water.
You know, that sounds very Bush like!

"I don't care what you think! We, the few, the proud, the fascist, the Republican, will make decisions for you you whether you like it or not because we are smarter than you and know what's best for you!"

Is this enough "hijacking" to get the thread moved?

Just kidding RH. I like reading both forums (the DC forum is a sick addiction and I need to get help), but I like them being separated.

Not because I don't have the self-control to not open a political thread, but because I didn't like football threads falling off the front-page of the lounge because of political threads.

It's not a "dis-like" issue, it's an organization/efficiency/look-feel type of thing.

Logical
10-29-2004, 10:51 PM
I would say this is officially a landslide.

KcMizzou
10-29-2004, 10:57 PM
I would say this is officially a landslide.Yeah, the people have spoken. It's not really worth arguing about anymore.

Rausch
10-29-2004, 11:00 PM
I pissed and moaned about it when the decision was made.

I'm wrong all the time, but that's the most wrong I've ever been. Thank God...

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 11:13 PM
It was becoming full fledged anything goes board that catered to those of strong political convictions who wished to discuss them at length.

It was the offseason as well as an election year. So why does this surge in political discussion seem abnormal to everyone but me?

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 11:15 PM
I guess I'm failing to see the wrong.

The double standard.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 11:17 PM
Don't know why you're getting worked up in my direction. I don't get to vote 100 times in the polls. Now if I was a democrat I might get to vote more than once, but since I am a Republican I only get 1 measly little vote. I can't get the job done by myself.

I did not mean to direct that solely at you. It was the second or third time I had seen that argument in this thread and decided it was time to address it.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 11:19 PM
OK, maybe they are not correct. But if the majority of the posters on this board want a separate forum to keep DC threads out of the main forum, why shouldn't they get their way?

I never said they shouldn't.

KcMizzou
10-29-2004, 11:20 PM
Oh goddamn Jamie, you lost... get over it. :p

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 11:23 PM
You completely missed the point. That is just some of the threads over one solitary topic. I imagine there are other topics (Kerry and Cambodia maybe) where I could find even more stuff. It's just one example how the politicos beat something into the ground over and over and why the majority of the population here got sick of it and shipped it off to neverland. You seem oblivious to it.

I'm not going to do everybody's legwork, but if you can find another "non political" movie that you could find 100 threads for on the main forum without batting an eyelash you're more than welcome to prove me wrong.

No, you did. I said you exaggerated on how often politics was being discussed at the time of the split.

As to a "non-political" movie that easily garnered 100 + replies in most of its multiple threads, The Passion of the Christ.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 11:27 PM

How LIBERAL of you......

Frazod

Oh, Tim's got jokes. Too bad that is not what I said. No where have I stated that the mods should ignore the majority on this issue and merge the boards back togther. That is not my argument. My argument is WITH the majority their POV.

KcMizzou
10-29-2004, 11:29 PM
50-16

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 11:32 PM
Can someone please explain to me the injustice that is being done by having a DC forum? Raiderhader says things like "I'm suffering", but he still hasn't explained how it makes him suffer? Is it because he has to go between threads for different topics? Is that really that difficult? Do what I do, keep two windows open...when I'm reading the regular forum, the DC is minimized, and vice versa. It's as simple as a mouse click to surf both boards.

Raiderhader, can you explain what harm is being done by the seperate forum? Explain it to me like I'm not very bright, because so far I haven't caught on to the explanation given. Is it because the political threads have been reduced to the same 10-15 posters all the time and you're missing out on other's viewpoints? I honestly don't get what is wrong with it.

Let's say that the majority finds your posting to be overly annoying so they decide to create a sub-forum and say you have to post there if you want to post. They could simply ignore your posts, but instead they force you to move instead of exercising a little self control.

Same thing here, instead of excersising self control, they instead force those who want to discuss politics to go to a sub-forum instead of being allowed to discuss it on the main board.

I find plenty of things annoying on the main board, but you don't see me asking for a sub-forum for them, I simply ignore what I don't like.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Hey, It's football season right now and you are getting your ass kicked by a wide margin in the poll yet you keep arguing. What does it take to get through to you that political drivel is not wanted in the Lounge?

Deflection from my point, Skip.

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 11:38 PM
You know, that sounds very Bush like!

:rolleyes: It's idiots like you who hurt my cause the most.

"I don't care what you think! We, the few, the proud, the fascist, the Republican, will make decisions for you you whether you like it or not because we are smarter than you and know what's best for you!"

That is actually the democrats,m if you want to get political instead of actually discussing the topic.

Is this enough "hijacking" to get the thread moved?

They can lock it up and throw away the key for all I'm concerned.

Just kidding RH. I like reading both forums (the DC forum is a sick addiction and I need to get help), but I like them being separated.

Not because I don't have the self-control to not open a political thread, but because I didn't like football threads falling off the front-page of the lounge because of political threads.

It's not a "dis-like" issue, it's an organization/efficiency/look-feel type of thing.[/QUOTE]

And people mocked me for addressing this argument like I had just made it up or something......

Raiderhater
10-29-2004, 11:41 PM
Oh goddamn Jamie, you lost... get over it. :p

There were certain things I was unable to address earlier. Now that I have, the issue is dead to me.... until the next time someone brings it up. :)

Gaz
10-30-2004, 05:45 AM
I am enjoying the Planet more than ever since the political sniping is gone.

Thank you, Mods, for removing that blight from view.

xoxo~
Gaz
Would be happy to never see a political thread again.

Cntrygal
10-30-2004, 06:40 AM
I'm just a Bills fan ;), but I like the board with the DC Forum. I enjoyed the board so much better that when the same arguement came up at billszone (to have a political forum), I was solidly on that side of the debate.

FloridaChief
10-30-2004, 06:49 AM
As to a "non-political" movie that easily garnered 100 + replies in most of its multiple threads, The Passion of the Christ.

ROFL

You were joking, weren't you?

2bikemike
10-30-2004, 09:19 AM
You don't shit where you eat so I say keep the segregated forums.

jspchief
10-30-2004, 10:10 AM
Let's say that the majority finds your posting to be overly annoying so they decide to create a sub-forum and say you have to post there if you want to post. They could simply ignore your posts, but instead they force you to move instead of exercising a little self control.

Same thing here, instead of excersising self control, they instead force those who want to discuss politics to go to a sub-forum instead of being allowed to discuss it on the main board.

I find plenty of things annoying on the main board, but you don't see me asking for a sub-forum for them, I simply ignore what I don't like.

If the majority of people on the board found my posts annoying, I would likely change my style if I cared about not being annoying on the board. If the majority found the subject matter of my posts annoying, but there were enough other people that were willing to discuss my subject matter, I'd have no problem taking it to another forum. How is it any different than the romper room? There's a certain level of smack/trash-talking that gets annoying, so they keep that in a seperate forum.

You seem to not understand the term "compromise". Sometimes, when what the "few" want to do doesn't jive with what the "many" want to do, the few have to compromise to maintain the overall happiness of the group. I'm not sure what planet you live on where minority rules, but here on earth it doesn't work that way.

Can I ignore political topics? Yes. Is it a major pain in the ass when they consume 75% of the front page and I have to go constantly go to page two after refreshing to see the topics I want to see? Yes. You don't seem to mind inconveniencing the rest of the board to have your way, but you don't like to be inconvenienced so others can have their way.

Brock
10-30-2004, 10:53 AM
Just get rid of it, and keep the politics out of Chiefsplanet altogether.

Mr. Laz
10-30-2004, 11:18 AM

holy crap :eek: :eek:

i agree with Frazod

may Gawd have mercy on my soul :grovel: :grovel:

:p :p

Gaz
10-30-2004, 11:44 AM
and i agree with lazarus.

xoxo~
gaz
preparing himself for the end.

Frazod
10-30-2004, 11:46 AM
and i agree with lazarus.

xoxo~
gaz
preparing himself for the end.

It's not so bad.... Gazod.

:D

Gaz
10-30-2004, 11:47 AM
It's not so bad.... Gazod.

:D

As long as I get top billing…

xoxo~
Gaz
Has an ego to feed.

Frazod
10-30-2004, 11:49 AM
As long as I get top billing…

xoxo~
Gaz
Has an ego to feed.

But of course.

Age before beauty.....

Gaz
10-30-2004, 11:52 AM
But of course.

Age before beauty.....

Bite me, you Martha-loving…

Well, crap. You’re right. I am old.

Never mind.

xoxo~
Gaz
Wants the Planet senior citizen discount.

Frazod
10-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Bite me, you Martha-loving…

Well, crap. You’re right. I am old.

Never mind.

xoxo~
Gaz
Wants the Planet senior citizen discount.

I got Gaz to say "bite me."

My work is done. :evil:

ROFL

chief52
10-30-2004, 11:56 AM
No only No...BUT HELL NO!!!

This has been the single greatest move the Planet has made. The experiment has gone flawlessly. Under no circumstances should the Washington DC forum ever been allowed back on the main forum. They have there own forum...why would they want to be on the main forum?

HELL NO!

el borracho
10-30-2004, 12:05 PM
My initial thought was that DC could be integrated again after the Chiefs season ends but after reading through the tripe on this thread I have changed my mind. As evidenced throughout this thread, political discussion invites an agressive, bickering, argumentative style of debate where some feel the need to attack any and all posts with opposing views. For many of us (and apparently the majority of us) that gets real old, real fast. I don't want that here in Chiefs Lounge.

If at some point in the future something changes then maybe we should reconsider it but, as things now stand, I vote to keep DC where it is.

Zebedee DuBois
10-30-2004, 12:24 PM
From one who originally thought the two forum concept was wrong....the concept wasn't wrong - I was. It may have doomed the PigSkin board, but it improved this one.

So....not only should we NOT remerge the forums... I would go further and suggest that anyone with 50 or more posts on the DC forum be lobotomized and possibly sterilized.

Gaz
10-30-2004, 12:46 PM
Looks like a clear mandate to me.

xoxo~
Gaz
Very pleased at the overwhelming rejection of political crap in the Lounge.

Logical
10-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Just get rid of it, and keep the politics out of Chiefsplanet altogether.

Now this I disagree with, how is life Becky?

Bearcat
10-30-2004, 02:32 PM
It is every bit as legitimate as your concern of the main forum filling up with bullshit. Bullshit can be found on the main forum every day. The question is what does the individual view as bullshit? One man's junk is another man's treasure. And thus, my argument is not only that the splitting is in contradiction to original concept of the board, it is that unless you re willing to parse ALL forms of discussion into seperate forums, you are discriminating against a certain sect of the members who view politics as a legitimate discussion.

If we had a forum for every different type of BS, we would have 1000, fairly empty, thus, useless forums.

Splitting the political BS from football/all other BS is the most logical thing to do, because political BS is by far the biggest slice of the BS pie. It's simply about eliminating what some saw as the biggest problem with the main forum.

Screw the "bring it back on November 3rd".... I voted for never, but if anything, the worst thing that can happen is to bring it back the day after the election.

They could simply ignore your posts, but instead they force you to move instead of exercising a little self control.

For me, it wasn't really about ignoring the threads.... it was about running into political debates while I was in non-political threads.

OTOH, I can see the argument for not wanting to see all the political threads, too.... the main forum goes through about 5 pages a day, so if you miss one day, the fewer political threads, the better chance of finding actual football threads/news.

Bwana
10-30-2004, 02:46 PM
I would agree with most people on here as well. Keep things the way they are right now. The DC area was installed for a reason and seems to be doing what it was intended to do, which is keep the political threads in one place. If people want to go in there and piss, moan, bitch...great. Keep it off the main board.