PDA

View Full Version : WebTechs: Software suggestion needed

jAZ
10-30-2004, 12:29 AM
I'm looking at creating a website that involves hosting does product reviews. Something kinda similar to the product reviews and comments available at Amazon.com, but for services not products.

I'm looking for the software that could host such a website, preferably a PHP based product. I've seen classified-ad listing software (but those don't seem to have the review tools) and I've seen e-commerce software, but I'm not looking to sell anything (at least not now).

I'm looking to build a community of people commenting on services in a given field, something not dissimilar from www.epinions.com.

Any suggestions?

I kind of like whatever the underlying technology that http://www.Hotscripts.com uses, but it looks pretty custom.

teedubya
10-30-2004, 12:39 AM
how much money you got? :-)

jAZ
10-30-2004, 12:41 AM
how much money you got? :-)
Not quite too much... less than not enough.

unlurking
10-30-2004, 12:49 AM
notepad is all you need

jAZ
10-30-2004, 12:55 AM
notepad is all you need
God, I was that guy in when I was working on my engineering degree... now that I have MBA, all I can do is laugh and look for someone who has done the work for me.

;)

unlurking
10-30-2004, 01:04 AM
God, I was that guy in when I was working on my engineering degree... now that I have MBA, all I can do is laugh and look for someone who has done the work for me.

;)
LOL

I'll bet notepad falls into your budget though!

:D

Besides, an educated MBA like yourself should be able to spend a couple hundred bucks and design your own platform anyway, right?!

;)

jAZ
10-30-2004, 01:19 AM
LOL

I'll bet notepad falls into your budget though!

:D

Besides, an educated MBA like yourself should be able to spend a couple hundred bucks and design your own platform anyway, right?!

;)
Open Source baby...

jAZ
10-30-2004, 04:06 PM
up....