PDA

View Full Version : I'll eat "Crow ala Carl" if......

CHIEFSFAN_NY
10-30-2004, 04:36 AM
...we can beat the Colts. I'm a huge Carl hater right now. If we pursued a CB or linebacker through free agency or in the draft, we might be undefeated right now. We lost 3 games despite having the lead in the 4th and in one game, we were tied with the Panthers in the 4th. Maybe if we had a defense, we would be undefeated right now.

Look at the dolt that Carl hired as Vice Predident of Pro Personnel: Bill Kuharich who, in his 3 years as GM with the Saints, traded away their future in order to move up in the draft to obtain Ricky Williams. The Saints record for those three seasons were 6-10, 6-10 and 3-13.

"Bill worked very successfully with me during our tenure in the United States Football League," Peterson said. "He was also extremely instrumental in the tremendous turnaround and success of the New Orleans Saints franchise beginning upon his arrival there in 1986."

Rod Graves, Terry Bradway and Bill Kuharich, who shared an apartment, had been hired by general manager Carl Peterson to find players to help the fledgling USFL compete with the NFL.

"When I look back on it, Carl putting the three of us together is unbelievable, isn't it?" Bradway says. "We were so young we didn't know if a football was blown up or stuffed, but that was a very special time for all of us."

Let me get this straight: 1) the dude doesn't know if a football is blown up or stuffed. 2) He ran the Saints into the ground and 3) He's close friends with Carl.

Question: Will Carl's loyalty to his friends help the Chiefs win the Lombardi Trophy? We got lucky that Dick Vermeil is a friend of Carl's but every once in a while, a blind squirrel finds a nut.

This game against the Colts is the true test of Carl Peterson's "genious" or lack of it. This game will be the game that his offseason decisions will be judged.

Questions that will be answered this Sunday:

Can we stop them ONCE?

Should we have pursued help defensively in the offseason through free agency and/or the draft?

Should we have pursued a trade defensively before the draft deadline, perhaps for the likes of Sam Madison or Patrick Surtain?

Does Carl really know what's best for the organization or is it time for him to call it quits?

If Gun's defense can hold the Colts offense to under 30 points, we'll win the game and I'll eat a small piece of Crow ala Carl.

If the Colts score more than they did last year and win, then Carl Peterson is an idiot for believing one man could change this defense and I was right all along about King Carl...he's no good for the Chiefs and it's time for the Pioli Era to begin.

If the Chiefs win, but the Colts score 30 or more, it's a wash, even though NO visiting team should score thay many points at home in Arrowhead Stadium.

tk13
10-30-2004, 05:00 AM
That bolded out part is hyperbole, nothing more. I also don't think it's the best idea to judge the success of Gunther on one game, against quite possibly the best offense in the league.

Personally, I'm very pleased with how the defense has progressed... there's work to be done but it's moved along quicker than I thought it would, if everyone could only stay healthy. I don't think you can pin the losses all on the defense, against Houston the offense was in the red zone about to put Houston in a huge hole when Green threw the INT for a TD, against Baltimore we allowed a punt return score that let them right back in the game, against Jax the defense went as far to make a 4th and 1 stop and the offense could not put the game away by getting first downs and the kicker couldn't make a kick. Not that the D hasn't had letdowns, but the offense and special teams have had big let downs this year...

CHIEFSFAN_NY
10-30-2004, 05:20 AM
While I'll agree there are improvements in our defense (ranked 9th overall in total ydg) we still give up the big plays (ranked 26th in scoring defense).

If we had a little more defensive help, then maybe Green's INT against Houston wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome of the game. The same sentiments can be repeated against Denver, Carolina and Jax. The addition of a John Lynch/ Ian Gold/Champ Bailey/ type of player can raise the bar of expectations within the current players abilities and mentalities.

This team is not out of the playoff race, but will face a tough road ahead in order to get back into the race. It possibly wouldn't have been that way if Carl opened Lamar's checkbook and drafted/traded or purchased some defensive help. Perhaps one or two of those games would have slipped through our fingers, which, at worst case scenario, would leave us tied with Denver for 1st. Now we're fighting for a wildcard spot, if that. I'm not giving up hope on winning the division, because we have one game left with Denver at home, and I expect they will lose again this season, but we'll have to run the board to have a chance at winning the division.

It didn't have to be this way. Carl did this to us.

morphius
10-30-2004, 05:38 AM
While I'll agree there are improvements in our defense (ranked 9th overall in total ydg) we still give up the big plays (ranked 26th in scoring defense).

If we had a little more defensive help, then maybe Green's INT against Houston wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome of the game. The same sentiments can be repeated against Denver, Carolina and Jax. The addition of a John Lynch/ Ian Gold/Champ Bailey/ type of player can raise the bar of expectations within the current players abilities and mentalities.

This team is not out of the playoff race, but will face a tough road ahead in order to get back into the race. It possibly wouldn't have been that way if Carl opened Lamar's checkbook and drafted/traded or purchased some defensive help. Perhaps one or two of those games would have slipped through our fingers, which, at worst case scenario, would leave us tied with Denver for 1st. Now we're fighting for a wildcard spot, if that. I'm not giving up hope on winning the division, because we have one game left with Denver at home, and I expect they will lose again this season, but we'll have to run the board to have a chance at winning the division.

It didn't have to be this way. Carl did this to us.
Scoring D is a bad stat to go by, I redid the entire NFL's scoring D list on here after the Donx game with punt/kick off/int/fumble returns for TD's removed and we are about 20th I think. Which still isn'g great, but better then 29th.

I blame a lot of the D's slow start on the injuries in preseason, Wood's, McCleon, Maz, Mitchel, Beisel, Wesley, Sims... You just can't put in a new scheme and have it work to perfection when your entire secondary hasn't even played together in the preseason.

CB is still very much a need though, and this week is going to most likely show that.

BigRedChief
10-30-2004, 06:45 AM
If we go to the Super Bowl it will be in spite of and not because of King Carl.

Skip Towne
10-30-2004, 07:21 AM
I find it humorous that King Carl can get you guys so pissed off. Advantage Carl.

Gaz
10-30-2004, 07:24 AM

I do not want to engage in overzealous hyperbole, so I will not call this the MOST ridiculous thing I have ever read.

But it is certainly a contender for the Bronze.

xoxo~
Gaz
Saw hating raised to a new level.

BigRedChief
10-30-2004, 07:30 AM
I do not want to engage in overzealous hyperbole, so I will not call this the MOST ridiculous thing I have ever read.

But it is certainly a contender for the Bronze.

xoxo~
Gaz
Saw hating raised to a new level.

Come on Gaz, say how you really feel..ROFL

My opinion that King Carl should be shown the door is not based on this years results but on 16 years of results.

Skip Towne
10-30-2004, 07:41 AM

My opinion that King Carl should be shown the door is not based on this years results but on 16 years of results.
I'll bet if you started a website we could get rid of Carl.

BigRedChief
10-30-2004, 07:45 AM

Nope it ain't gonna work. He will leave on his own or not at all. but we could create an enviorment that would make it an easier choice for him to leave to head up the NFL's new LA team.

FloridaChief
10-30-2004, 07:46 AM

I've already started one: www.dontrehirecarlpetersonthisyearoranyotherasgeneralmanagerandpresidentandchiefexecutiveofficerofth ekansascitychiefs.com

RealSNR
10-30-2004, 09:21 AM
You'll eat Carl if the Chiefs win? You said "I'll eat Crow with Carl if..."

Dave Lane
10-30-2004, 12:08 PM
We won't win but I sure would love to stuff down some crow with you!

Dave

CHIEFSFAN_NY
10-30-2004, 01:26 PM

LOL @ your Beavis and Butthead signature. I'm the one who made that. Glad to see someone getting some use out of it! :clap:

CHIEFSFAN_NY
10-30-2004, 01:28 PM

It's time for the Scott Pioli Era to begin....adios Carl

BigRedChief
10-30-2004, 01:30 PM
LOL @ your Beavis and Butthead signature. I'm the one who made that. Glad to see someone getting some use out of it! :clap:

U DA MAN! but thats a pretty cool one you got now...you want the beavis one back for this bb just say the word.

CHIEFSFAN_NY
10-30-2004, 01:42 PM
U DA MAN! but thats a pretty cool one you got now...you want the beavis one back for this bb just say the word.

LOL...nah, I'm just glad someone appreciates it enough to use it. :toast:

KcMizzou
10-30-2004, 01:47 PM
We were so young we didn't know if a football was blown up or stuffed,

DV used the exact same phrase earlier this year, when talking about Jason Whitlock's lack of football knowledge. Weird.

Rausch
10-30-2004, 02:05 PM
If the Chiefs win, but the Colts score 30 or more, it's a wash, even though NO visiting team should score thay many points at home in Arrowhead Stadium.

If Sara Michelle Gellar asks me to sleep with her it doesn't really count if she just wants it missionary style. She should at least let me go rear entry...

WTF!?!

BigRedChief
10-30-2004, 02:26 PM
If Sara Michelle Gellar asks me to sleep with her it doesn't really count if she just wants it missionary style. She should at least let me go rear entry...

WTF!?!

You been hanging with Phobia lately?

Rausch
10-30-2004, 02:36 PM
You been hanging with Phobia lately?

Why? Do your statements stupify him as well?...

BigRedChief
10-30-2004, 02:49 PM
Humor. He got a thing going lately about poking the female in the butt to resolve issues or make yourself feel better.

I'm so sorry to have stupidfied you. I won't leave the double wide again to converse with the intelligensia.:p

Rausch
10-30-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm so sorry to have stupidfied you. I won't leave the double wide again to converse with the intelligensia.:p

You mean intelligentsia?...

BigRedChief
10-30-2004, 03:01 PM
You mean intelligentsia?...

Close enough. See what I mean...I'll go back to the double wide now...:)

Otter
10-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Chiefs are going to go 8-8 - Carl's going to make a big time free agent signing in 2005 - the peasents will rejoice - Chiefs get knocked out of the playoffs (probably first round at home) with big hopes for 2006.

GOTO START_ROUTINE

Deal with it, it's the Chiefs.

CHIEFSFAN_NY
10-30-2004, 03:21 PM

I'm stupified by all the Carl-lovers :Poke:

RealSNR
10-30-2004, 03:24 PM
LOL @ your Beavis and Butthead signature. I'm the one who made that. Glad to see someone getting some use out of it! :clap:You may like it, but it's slowing my comp down like shit. :cuss:

BigRedChief
10-30-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm stupified by all the Carl-lovers :Poke:

I'm mesmerized by their rock solid fact based intelligent discourse in arriving at their obviously superior opinion.

BigRedChief
10-30-2004, 03:31 PM
You may like it, but it's slowing my comp down like shit. :cuss:

How does it do that? What kind of pc do you have?

Rausch
10-30-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm stupified by all the Carl-lovers :Poke:There's a difference between loving Peterson and not wanting the villagers to burn his house down...

BigRedChief
10-30-2004, 03:51 PM
There's a difference between loving Peterson and not wanting the villagers to burn his house down...

I don't know of anyone that wants to pillage and burn...Just want him to make a good decision for the Chiefs for once. Take one for the team. 16 years of draft picks and not one, not one single impact WR, RB or QB drafted by King Carl. That may not get your house burned down but it defintly should get you thinking about whether you are the right man to be evaluating football talent.

CHIEFSFAN_NY
10-31-2004, 03:49 PM
Today's conclusion: It's a wash, only because we won. I hope King Carl realizes that there are still defensive areas that need to be addressed and Gunther alone couldn't fix this.

Thank God we have an offense, because giving up 35 points via the passing game shows we DO need help in our secondary and linebacking area's. We did limit the Colts to under 100 yards rushing, but they were playing from behind most of the game.

That's what makes my point even more valid. We made them one-dimensional and still had a hard time stopping them. If Wesley didn't bail us out in the end, then we may not have had this conclusion.

Let's all rejoice in the victory and hope Carl gets us some much needed help in the form of a LB/CB this off-season. Props to the offense kicking into gear and bailing out Carl, Gunther and our defense.
Carl, still, must go.

Thig Lyfe
10-31-2004, 03:50 PM
Nope... I still hate Carl.

BigRedChief
10-31-2004, 09:05 PM
Today's conclusion: It's a wash, only because we won. I hope King Carl realizes that there are still defensive areas that need to be addressed and Gunther alone couldn't fix this.

Thank God we have an offense, because giving up 35 points via the passing game shows we DO need help in our secondary and linebacking area's. We did limit the Colts to under 100 yards rushing, but they were playing from behind most of the game.

That's what makes my point even more valid. We made them one-dimensional and still had a hard time stopping them. If Wesley didn't bail us out in the end, then we may not have had this conclusion.

Let's all rejoice in the victory and hope Carl gets us some much needed help in the form of a LB/CB this off-season. Props to the offense kicking into gear and bailing out Carl, Gunther and our defense.
Carl, still, must go.

What he said!:thumb:

Hammock Parties
10-31-2004, 09:09 PM

Carl, still, must go.

It's hard to say if our secondary would have played better with McCleon in the lineup. Maybe a bit.

It's clear we needed to bring a corner though. Last year's D got dink and dunked down the field to TDs. This year's D made a few plays but got burned in man coverage repeatedly.

At least we are shutting down the run.