PDA

View Full Version : How do the Chiefs beat the Colts??

Herzig
10-30-2004, 07:26 AM
Personally, I want this game in the worst way. This team owes the Colts an ass kicking. So, what do we need to do to get a W? Here's a few of my suggestions..feel free to comment or add your own.

1. Run the ball, run some more, and run again. We need to start this early and keep Manning off the field. It's important that we don't get behind early so we can stay with the run. Use the run to set up play action passes...

2. Catch the ball. There were way too many dropped passes in the 03' playoff game by our WR's.

3. Make the Colts punt! They didn't make us punt and vice versa..an NFL record..I feel a lot better about our defense this time around and our DC/scheme.

4. Put Manning on his arrogant ass! Blitz, Blitz, and Blitz more. We need to get pressure on him this time.

5. Wake Daunte up!! He seems to be a lot more indecisive on returns this year...I would like to see him pick a hole and run straight through it...he seems like he's trying to do too much by himself(juking around).

FloridaChief
10-30-2004, 07:44 AM
Use the run to set up play action passes...

There you are. You've summed up my game plan succinctly.

Catch the ball

That helps, too.

Bowser
10-30-2004, 07:58 AM
Dante needs to stop trying so hard. Last year he was decisive and knew where to go to set up his blocks. This year, it seems like he is trying to bust one every time he gets the ball.

If we come out and run the ball only 6 or seven times in the first half, I will crap my shorts in disgust. We need to pound away, and use the play action. It's what we do best.

I am REALLY looking forward to see what Gunther's D brings to the table against Manning. The Colts are probablly the smoothest running offense in the NFL right now.