PDA

View Full Version : Official; Hangovers suck Bawls

R&GHomer
10-31-2004, 08:49 AM
After two days of drowning my sorrows, I feel even worse than I did to start with. Good Gawd I’m too old for this chit. My head is throbbing and my mouth tastes like a cat with shity feet ran across my tongue.

Go Chiefs. Ouch it even hurts to type.

Hammock Parties
10-31-2004, 08:50 AM
Drink a big glass of water and take two aspirin.

If you had done that before passing out drunk you wouldn't have a hangover.

R&GHomer
10-31-2004, 08:53 AM
Drink a big glass of water and take two aspirin.

If you had done that before passing out drunk you wouldn't have a hangover.

:cuss: Don't type so loud STFU

chief52
10-31-2004, 08:55 AM
In my best Willie Nelson tone, " It's a Bloody Mary morning......."

I see it as your only option at this point. It will make for a great Chief/Colt game IMO.

R&GHomer
10-31-2004, 08:57 AM

I see it as your only option at this point. It will make for a great Chief/Colt game IMO.

Well, at least I can sleep in on Monday. :deevee: ROFL

Bwana
10-31-2004, 08:58 AM

That could work, but you must also consider that Randy Cross will be calling the game. His TV may end up being tossed out the window. :hmmm:

Hank Jr. "and the hang overs hurt more then they used to and corn bread and ice tea took the place of pills and ninety-proof,
and it seems like none of us do things quite like we used to do
and nobody wants to get high on the town and all my rowdy friends have settled down." :)

Skip Towne
10-31-2004, 09:20 AM
If you think my eyes are bloodshot, you should see 'em from this side.

David.
10-31-2004, 09:43 AM
my head is POUNDING. Natty light in mass quantities did me in.

the Talking Can
10-31-2004, 09:59 AM
I've puked three times this morning....I'd rather eat shit

R&GHomer
10-31-2004, 10:58 AM
It may not be a bloody mary, but this rum and coke seem to be working.

DJay23
10-31-2004, 11:10 AM
I did my drankin Friday night, so I was hung over all day yesterday. Important rule: Never get trashed the day before a Chiefs game, it renders you apathetic the next day.

J Diddy
10-31-2004, 11:35 AM
I did my drankin Friday night, so I was hung over all day yesterday. Important rule: Never get trashed the day before a Chiefs game, it renders you apathetic the next day.

Not true, my head is pounding almost as fast as my heart.

I'm still pumped.

Michael Michigan
10-31-2004, 11:46 AM
http://www.rupissed.com/hangovercures.html

Most hangover "remedies" simply attend to one or more of the symptoms and don't really provide a cure as such. The hangover won't stop until the alcohol is out of your system:

* Berocca - Puts the vitamin B back in, as well as the big glass of water it's mixed with. It's probably best to do this before you go out.
* Coke - Fizz for the nausea, liquid for the dehydration, and a caffeine and sugar hit to make you feel a bit more lively.
* Coffee - Same as Coke but without the bubbles to help ease the nausea. Try it with honey instead of sugar since the fructose is absorbed quicker than the sucrose in normal sugar, and it's better for you.
* Ginseng - It's been noted that since caffeine is a diuretic like alcohol, it can actually make the dehydration worse, so try the herbal equivalent instead.
* Vegemite On Toast - Something in your stomach is good, and salty is even better. Plus you get a Vitamin B top up. The same reasons also make peanut butter a good choice, but the oily nature might make some sensitive stomachs feel a bit yucky. If you do try try this one, skip the butter and just have dry toast.
* Cold Pizza - Who knows, but it seems to work.
* Asprin - Simply attends to the headache and does nothing for the level of alcohol in your system. Don't take them before you go to bed.
* Bananas - Sugar in the form of fructose, and potassium, which is one of the things you lose lots of when you drink. Bananas are also a natural antacid to help with the nausea, and are high in magnesium which can help relax those pounding blood vessels causing that hangover headache. For a variety of reasons try a peanut butter, honey and banana sandwich on white bread.
* Vitamin C - Another thing the alcohol takes out that you're advised to put back in as soon as possible. Orange juice, tomato, a 600mg Vitamin C tablet - doesn't matter, just do it.
* A Hot Bath - The heat will sweat out the toxins that are causing all the problems. You'll feel a bit woozy at first but go with it and you'll feel better afterwards.

Michael Michigan
10-31-2004, 11:49 AM
http://www.doublechaser.com/images/chaser3.jpg

Should have used Chaser.

:)

http://www.doublechaser.com/best.htm

R&GHomer
10-31-2004, 11:55 AM
http://www.rupissed.com/hangovercures.html

Most hangover "remedies" simply attend to one or more of the symptoms and don't really provide a cure as such. The hangover won't stop until the alcohol is out of your system:

* Berocca - Puts the vitamin B back in, as well as the big glass of water it's mixed with. It's probably best to do this before you go out.
* Coke - Fizz for the nausea, liquid for the dehydration, and a caffeine and sugar hit to make you feel a bit more lively.
* Coffee - Same as Coke but without the bubbles to help ease the nausea. Try it with honey instead of sugar since the fructose is absorbed quicker than the sucrose in normal sugar, and it's better for you.
* Ginseng - It's been noted that since caffeine is a diuretic like alcohol, it can actually make the dehydration worse, so try the herbal equivalent instead.
* Vegemite On Toast - Something in your stomach is good, and salty is even better. Plus you get a Vitamin B top up. The same reasons also make peanut butter a good choice, but the oily nature might make some sensitive stomachs feel a bit yucky. If you do try try this one, skip the butter and just have dry toast.
* Cold Pizza - Who knows, but it seems to work.
* Asprin - Simply attends to the headache and does nothing for the level of alcohol in your system. Don't take them before you go to bed.
* Bananas - Sugar in the form of fructose, and potassium, which is one of the things you lose lots of when you drink. Bananas are also a natural antacid to help with the nausea, and are high in magnesium which can help relax those pounding blood vessels causing that hangover headache. For a variety of reasons try a peanut butter, honey and banana sandwich on white bread.
* Vitamin C - Another thing the alcohol takes out that you're advised to put back in as soon as possible. Orange juice, tomato, a 600mg Vitamin C tablet - doesn't matter, just do it.
* A Hot Bath - The heat will sweat out the toxins that are causing all the problems. You'll feel a bit woozy at first but go with it and you'll feel better afterwards.

Great advice, and thanks. However, I think I'll just put in more alcohol. :thumb:

chief52
10-31-2004, 06:49 PM
Great advice, and thanks. However, I think I'll just put in more alcohol. :thumb:

R&G...how is your day going? :toast: