PDA

View Full Version : Axe the Bartee Smilie!

Nightfyre
10-31-2004, 03:56 PM
Bartee played well enough today. Take it down. I only remember him getting beat once. This is also the high passing octane Colts were talking about. Axe the Smilie.

Coach
10-31-2004, 03:56 PM
Other than that one he gave up for a TD, I say he did quite OK.

Frazod
10-31-2004, 03:58 PM
I think it's time to relegate it to being contained within colons. He's doing much better.

Luzap
10-31-2004, 04:16 PM
I'd be in favor of getting rid of it.

Luz
we haven't seen the best of bartee yet...

Herzig
10-31-2004, 04:27 PM
He's playing a lot better than Dexter McCleon...He's a little taller too!

Andoverer
10-31-2004, 04:41 PM
Axe it. Damn he almost had a pick too

Pants
10-31-2004, 04:43 PM
Bar.tee played AWESOME. He slipped once, big deal. Happens to the "best" (what's his name, Chump Bailey)...

Rain Man
10-31-2004, 04:45 PM
Should I point out that Bar tee has played very well since the creation of the smilie? We don't want to take it away and make him turn back into Greg Rob inson's Bar tee.

Personally, I think the smilie means that he's smokin' hot right now.

Valiant
10-31-2004, 04:58 PM
im for keeping until the end of the year...it took him years to get it after all...

LiL stumppy
10-31-2004, 04:59 PM
Bartee played well enough today. Take it down. I only remember him getting beat once. This is also the high passing octane Colts were talking about. Axe the Smilie.

Yea he covered Wayne most of the night and look how good Wayne did.But I guess he did play well enough.

mcan
10-31-2004, 06:03 PM
I'm all for ditching the smilie... The label should go back to being "toast." The fact is, Bartee was drafted to play this style of defense, and has really come on strong since he's been using a straight drop back, instead of that GROB 3/4 turned in drop back...

In fact, I 'insist' that we support this guy. Take it down...

Saulbadguy
10-31-2004, 06:05 PM
No way. He checks this board often, and this is obviously motivating him.

|Zach|
10-31-2004, 06:06 PM
I don't like smilies that replace names in general...even when they are warrented. They annoy me. I know I am in the minority in that respect though.

mcan
10-31-2004, 06:09 PM
I don't like smilies that replace names in general...even when they are warrented. They annoy me. I know I am in the minority in that respect though.

I totally agree with this take... They annoy me.. Perhaps the only one I like is Al Davis'

Saulbadguy
10-31-2004, 06:09 PM
They annoy me if they are not colonized.

Demonpenz
10-31-2004, 06:16 PM
500 yards to peyton, the smile stands!

|Zach|
10-31-2004, 06:16 PM
I totally agree with this take... They annoy me.. Perhaps the only one I like is Al Davis'
haha. ya I like that one. I wish they were gone but maybe a nice solution would be to make ones that aren't so big that they make breaks in the text and make it look all wierd.

Some on this board feel I don't compromise enough. I am trying. :)

Nightfyre
10-31-2004, 06:17 PM
you can thank gun for the last 200 then, for his prevent defense in the ENTIRE second half. Take the smilie down. Bartee played well.

Skip Towne
10-31-2004, 06:18 PM
They annoy me if they are not colonized.
They have to start a colony?

headsnap
10-31-2004, 06:19 PM
Should I point out that Bar tee has played very well since the creation of the smilie? We don't want to take it away and make him turn back into Greg Rob inson's Bar tee.

Personally, I think the smilie means that he's smokin' hot right now.
hey rain, why don't you come up with an original idea.. :p

smokin' Bartee... <--- the MOJO!!!!

mcan
10-31-2004, 06:21 PM
I just think that if I want my post to be taken seriously, I should be able to say whomever's name I want without my post looking like a cartoon. As for the "toast" thing, I think that Bartee has earned the right to not be considered a scrub now... Time to start getting behind this defense.

|Zach|
10-31-2004, 06:21 PM
They have to start a colony?
http://projects.edtech.sandi.net/marvin/ants/images/colony.gif

NaptownChief
10-31-2004, 06:25 PM
Yeah, it should probably be taken down..He did help hold Manning under 500 yards.

gblowfish
10-31-2004, 06:36 PM
What he said.
Pass defense was still god awful today. Thank goodness Wesley made a play at the end or we might have been white knucklin at the end.

Battle and Bartee have a ways to go still.

tk13
10-31-2004, 07:03 PM
What he said.
Pass defense was still god awful today. Thank goodness Wesley made a play at the end or we might have been white knucklin at the end.

Battle and Bartee have a ways to go still.
Kept biting on the freaking play action even though we had a 17 point lead and Indy just was not throwing the football. We seem to really be pressing to stop the run and Peyton was all over it. Held Indy to 33 yards rushing, just like Gunther says the #1 key is to stop the run, so yeah, who cares if we allow 678 yards passing, all you haters just keep f'ing doubting the Gun! ROFL

Seriously though, there's work to do, but the good news is that is without a doubt the best offense we'll see all year... there isn't a defense in this league that they can't score 25-30 points against. Just gotta keep working at it and find a way to shut down Tampa's offense next week.

mcan
10-31-2004, 07:08 PM
Our corners didn't get too badly toasted today. Eric got beat a couple times long in the first half. But for the most part the big chunks and long drives were predicated on throwing over our linebackers and spliting up the zones.

Demonpenz
10-31-2004, 07:12 PM
I still give props to the D for hanging in there and forcing punts.

Rain Man
10-31-2004, 07:16 PM

I think you're part of the great silent majority. Most of us are too proper to speak our minds in a place like this.

WilliamTheIrish
10-31-2004, 07:22 PM
Keep it.

He's still a poor to average (on his best day, mind you) NFL corner.

tk13
10-31-2004, 07:25 PM
I like all the smilies to be "colon"ized, but that's just me, it's not that huge of a deal, I just use the "disable smiley" feature if I don't want them and that's that.

Chief_Justice
10-31-2004, 07:38 PM
Better Idea: Pass the smiley along to Champ Bailey.

He's certainly earned it with his performance the last 2 weeks.

Champ Bailey = Bartee

Nightfyre
11-01-2004, 03:24 AM
Whatever, Bartee doesnt DESERVE the smilie anymore. Remove it.

Abba-Dabba
11-01-2004, 04:04 AM
I thought Bartee played fairly well, Warfield too.. The safeties on the other hand were abused all day long IMO. Wesley did have a INT at the end of the game. But more times than not the safety help was never there.

J Diddy
11-01-2004, 04:32 AM
I thought Bartee played fairly well, Warfield too.. The safeties on the other hand were abused all day long IMO. Wesley did have a INT at the end of the game. But more times than not the safety help was never there.

I agree, I saw something that totally floored me.

Gun removed the bolts from his neck, and yes he can turn his head.

Gaz
11-01-2004, 08:39 AM
If the Mods will not do the right thing, you can do it on your own.

Click the “Disable Smilies in this Post” button when you post.

Bartee.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thinks the young man deserves his name back.

chiefz
11-01-2004, 09:47 AM
The fact of the matter is that Bartee is finally playing in a scheme that takes advantage of his best attributes, size and atheletic ability.

Straight, No Chaser
11-01-2004, 10:10 AM
Other than that one he gave up for a TD, I say he did quite OK.

Does :Bartee: have a lower standard or is it a lower standard for the entire defense?

As far as I could tell the Colts did not run the ball once in the fourth quarter. Be realistic, our pass defense owes the offense for the "45" on the scoreboard.

Reggie Wayne schooled :Bartee: yesterday --keep it.

--->

htismaqe
11-01-2004, 10:23 AM
I think it's time to relegate it to being contained within colons. He's doing much better.

Done.

Straight, No Chaser
11-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by frazod
I think it's time to relegate it to being contained within colons. He's doing much better

Done.

Weak...but it's easy enough to change it back if :Bartee: gets toasted at Tampa and New Orleans.

--->