PDA

View Full Version : Mitchell ? My quick hits on the D....

ROYC75
10-31-2004, 04:07 PM
Mitchell didn't look too bad at al today. I will be the first to admit this, he showed more today than he has all last year and up to this point before todays game. Props Mitchell.

Battle.... other than slipping at the goal line, he played well against the talent he was up against.

I was disappointed with the DL play. We should of had more pressure up front, most of our pressure was applied because of the blitz.

Props on the run D... :thumb:

Gun and the boys did well ! PBJ PBJ PBJ

Frankie
10-31-2004, 04:10 PM
Ditto, all points. :thumb:

royr17
10-31-2004, 04:15 PM
Mitchell impressed me as well today. I liked what i saw out of him and i was kinda happy with Battle, I dont think McCleon would've done a better job.v

As for Warfied, was dissapointed in him today, he played like shit, dont let Harrison pass you and knock him on his ass.

But nice win guys.

Rain Man
10-31-2004, 05:12 PM
This was definitely Mitchell's best game so far. He's figuring stuff out now that his thoughts aren't being clogged by all that hair.

dtrain
10-31-2004, 05:19 PM
The D is definitely coming along but I thought that we came out flat in the second half and didn't blitz as much which gave Manning to much time to pick us apart. Can't wait to see this D 3 weeks from now I bet it will really be clickin.

LiL stumppy
10-31-2004, 05:25 PM
Mitchell didn't look too bad at al today. I will be the first to admit this, he showed more today than he has all last year and up to this point before todays game. Props Mitchell.

Battle.... other than slipping at the goal line, he played well against the talent he was up against.

I was disappointed with the DL play. We should of had more pressure up front, most of our pressure was applied because of the blitz.

Props on the run D... :thumb:

Gun and the boys did well ! PBJ PBJ PBJ

Wan't it Bartee?

Alphaman
10-31-2004, 05:31 PM
It seemed that Indy kept guys in to protect. That will keep the DL from getting pressure. It also seemed that we played alot of zone which allowed the TE to get some big catches. However, given the way these 2 offenses go at each other and the fact that Indy is one of the league leaders in scoring, the D delivered what was necessary to win.

Mitchell made some good plays, and Battle....well he battled. It did seem that we started getting closer to Manning in the 4th and caused some bad passes. Well done Gun.

What was up with the pass interference call on Warfield on their 1st TD. BOGUS CALL!!! The one on Bartee was questionable, but the one on Warfield was horrible.

FAX
10-31-2004, 05:40 PM
Indy's performance in the 3rd quarter skewed the defensive stats enormously. As a result, I found myself wondering ... why would Gunther not make any halftime adjustments?

Then I realized that, in the first half, Indy's initial scoring was aided by the officials, 2 of their 11 first downs were by penalty, they had 33 total yards rushing, a completion percentage of well below 50%, and the score was 31 to 14. What was there to adjust to?

Best,

FAX

Rain Man
10-31-2004, 05:43 PM
Good points coming through the FAX right now.

jettio
10-31-2004, 05:58 PM
I give props to Mitchell as well. Been very critical of him, but he flashed some ability today and I hope that he develops into a good MLB.

htismaqe
11-01-2004, 09:19 AM
I thought Mitchell showed alot of athletic ability and instincts. He also showed a speed that Beisel simply does not have.

He needs to work on wrapping up, but so do the rest of our linebackers.

HC_Chief
11-01-2004, 09:22 AM
His best game thus far.
Too bad he couldn't hold on to that INT... that would have been incredible.

Chiefnj
11-01-2004, 09:24 AM
I watched the first half and the last 5 minutes of the game. My thoughts on the defense:

1. The LB's were all tackling pretty poorly in the first half.
2. Where was the safety help? On the play Warfield slipped there were no safeties in sight. Were they blitzed? There was another play in the first half where Manning missed a wide open Harrison (again I think he beat Warfield) but there was no safety anywhere near the play.
3. The DL got decent pressure.
4. I was surprised by the ticky-tack PI calls against the Chiefs but they weren't throwing the flag for knocking Manning down. I was surprised the refs weren't protecting the golden child from any type of late hit whatsoever.
5. That late bit of pressure in knocking Manning to the ground a couple of times seemed to be the difference maker in the first half and made Peyton a little erratic.