PDA

View Full Version : Audio Glitch By Bill Maas: "I'm 10 times better than Madden Ever Was!"

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-31-2004, 06:11 PM
I caught this soundbyte when FOX came back from an in-game update regarding the Panthers and Seahawks...they came back to the Falcons game and it was quiet and you could hear (faintly) Bill Maas state: "I'm 10 times better than Madden ever was!" Dick Stockton immediately piped in and welcomed viewers back to the game.

KcMizzou
10-31-2004, 06:12 PM
No kidding? ROFL

KingPriest2
10-31-2004, 06:14 PM
Huh I didn't hear it.

mikey23545
10-31-2004, 06:15 PM
Maas is quite possibly the stupidest ****ing SOB ever to speak on national TV...

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-31-2004, 06:19 PM
I had the game on TiVo and re-wound it several times and even made my wife listen to it....that's what he said. He probably didn't realize that they were back "live."

Pants
10-31-2004, 06:23 PM
God, some of the shit he says, it seriously HURTS my ears. Why does Fox keep him?

Ultra Peanut
10-31-2004, 06:25 PM
Awesome. ROFL

What a tard.

Sure-Oz
10-31-2004, 06:26 PM
He didn't say "I'm Fvckin 10 times better than madden was."?

FAX
10-31-2004, 06:26 PM
Breaking ...

Unnamed official sources at the NFL have confirmed that ten times zero is zero.

Developing ...

FAX

Rain Man
10-31-2004, 06:27 PM
Big deal. 98 percent of the population is ten times better than Madden ever was.

Pants
10-31-2004, 06:30 PM
Breaking ...

Unnamed official sources at the NFL have confirmed that ten times zero is zero.

Developing ...

FAX

Well, Madden does say some stupid shit from time to time and it's funny. He doesn't make himself look like a total douchebag, like that retard, Mass, does.

FAX
10-31-2004, 06:32 PM
Breaking ...

Unnamed official sources from the NFL have confirmed that "stupid shit" that is funny from time to time is an acceptable broadcasting standard.

Developing ...

FAX

Alton deFlat
11-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Did you also hear Maas talking about the Chargers, and the fact that Lorenzo Neal was still playing, late in the game. He said, "Lorenzo Neal is the best fullback in the NFL..... blocking for the best tailback." WTF!

Braincase
11-01-2004, 11:24 AM
Whoever calls The Dog House this afternoon is obliged to tell Whitlock and Maas that "I'm 10 times better than Madden ever was".

morphius
11-01-2004, 11:30 AM
Well, Madden does say some stupid shit from time to time and it's funny. He doesn't make himself look like a total douchebag, like that retard, Mass, does.
Wow! What madden have you been watching. I have seen him give credit to someone for laying out the great block that broke open a play, one 1 yard runs, when guys blow the block, and when said players block was on the opposite side of the field. Madden is great if you turn off your brain and ignore anything you had learned about the game...

Braincase
11-01-2004, 11:41 AM
You know, the more you think about it, those comments may have originated with Madden's wife.

BigRedChief
11-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Hey I'm going to stick up for Madden here. I thought he did a great job with the Chiefs/Ravens game. Showing us Ray Ray wasn't being double teamed was a classic.

teedubya
11-01-2004, 11:44 AM
im 15 times better than Maas ever was... which means Im 150 times better than Madden ever was....

damn. and Im still an assclown... :shrug:

Phobia
11-01-2004, 11:48 AM
Hey I'm going to stick up for Madden here. I thought he did a great job with the Chiefs/Ravens game. Showing us Ray Ray wasn't being double teamed was a classic.

I agree and I'm a big hater. But, maybe the reason Madden wasn't annoying had a little something to do with the Chiefs winning that game....

BigRedChief
11-01-2004, 11:53 AM
I agree and I'm a big hater. But, maybe the reason Madden wasn't annoying had a little something to do with the Chiefs winning that game....I'm not a big Madden fan either. Love the video game but he's past his prime as an announcer. But as far as I've seen this year anyway he's back on top of his announcing game.. And maybe seeing Tony Richardson and our OL own Ray Ray had something to do with the rose tint

Pants
11-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Like I said, he does say some stupid shit, but he also breaks down a play nicely from time to time. And sometimes it's even correct.

Now, Maas on the other hand... well he's just an idiot. Serisouly who do you think is smarter an HOF coach or an ex-Olineman, SERIOUSLY.

Calcountry
11-01-2004, 12:03 PM
Big deal. 98 percent of the population is ten times better than Madden ever was.
Perhaps they were talking about football? I don't remember back far enough to know whether Madden was a player or not?/

Uncle Jesse
11-01-2004, 12:08 PM
Like I said, he does say some stupid shit, but he also breaks down a play nicely from time to time. And sometimes it's even correct.

Now, Maas on the other hand... well he's just an idiot. Serisouly who do you think is smarter an HOF coach or an ex-Olineman, SERIOUSLY.

agreed

although the "BOOMS!!", and extensive defintions of what a "whipsaw" is get on my nerves

Madden is proof of what too much time in an RV can do to a person, he refuses to board a jet you know

Straight, No Chaser
11-01-2004, 12:10 PM

I don't get the Madden bashing (besides the fact he was a Raider). The last three times he called KC games on MNF he gave KC cred at every opportunity. Madden/Micheals is the best MNF crew in years. So TFW he states the obvious at times...

---->

FAX
11-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Breaking ...

Unnamed official sources from the NFL have confirmed that defining the term "cankle" adds significantly to the understanding and enjoyment of the game of professional football.

Developing ...

FAX

TheNextStep
11-01-2004, 12:18 PM

He was also right on the ball the week prior, when Foster broke that guy's ankle. He wasn't making excuses, despite the way Al Michaels kept saying, "It was technically a legal block" and such.

Personally, I like Madden. There are two reasons I can say that: 1) He's a Raider. 2) I understand that his job isn't to appeal to the hardcore football fan but rather to appeal to the casual fan.

If you're looking for an announcer that really gets technical and appeals to the most hardcore of football fans, you're going to be disappointed to learn that he lives with Santa and plays Rummy every Thursday with the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy...

Lzen
11-01-2004, 12:24 PM
....who do you think is smarter an HOF coach or an ex-Olineman, SERIOUSLY.

HOF coach, of course.

Now if we were talking about an ex-Dlineman, that's another whole matter. :)