PDA

View Full Version : Can NE lose 2 of its next 3?

KingPriest2
10-31-2004, 06:44 PM
Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 9 Indianapolis Won 27-24
Sep 19 @Arizona Won 23-12
Week 3 BYE
Oct 3 @Buffalo Won 31-17
Oct 10 Miami Won 24-10
Oct 17 Seattle Won 30-20
Oct 24 N.Y. Jets Won 13-7
Oct 31 @Pittsburgh Lost 20-34
Nov 7 @St. Louis 4:15pm L
Nov 14 Buffalo 8:30pm W
Nov 22 @Kansas City 9:00pm L
Nov 28 Baltimore 1:00pm L?
Dec 5 @Cleveland 1:00pm W
Dec 12 Cincinnati 1:00pm W
Dec 20 @Miami 9:00pm W
Dec 26 @N.Y. Jets 4:05pm L?
Jan 2 San Francisco 1:00pm W

Hmm NE is not looking at strong as they look.

KcMizzou
10-31-2004, 06:47 PM
NE is not looking at strong as they look. :hmmm:

tk13
10-31-2004, 06:49 PM
They shot themselves in the foot quite a bit today. Credit the Pittsburgh defense because they did a good job getting pressure... Brady fumbled and threw two picks, then Kevin Faulk had a bad fumble... gave the Pats absolutely no chance to win. It's amazing that they went as long as they did without having a chance game where they imploded... nobody in thie league is unbeatable, everybody's got a weakness.

teedubya
10-31-2004, 07:06 PM
well kc has won 3 of the last 4.... so yea... Pats can and will lose 2 out of 3...

Nightfyre
10-31-2004, 07:07 PM
well kc has won 3 of the last 4.... so yea... Pats can and will lose 2 out of 3...

Youre starting the official thread right?

Amnorix
10-31-2004, 07:38 PM
Can't/won't lose to Buffalo, so that means St.L. and the Chiefs, both on the road. There's a chance, especially if Dillon doesn't come back, but it's kinda hard to imagine them winning 21 straight then losing 3 out of 4...

KingPriest2
10-31-2004, 07:41 PM
Rushing
New England Rush Yds Avg Lng TD FumL
K. Faulk 5 4 0.8 4 0 1
C. Cobbs 1 1 1.0 1 0 0
T. Brady 1 -4 -4.0 -4 0 1

Can this be?

Also how bad is Dillon hurt?

Maybe all this winning was too much to ask of Boston-area teams. With running back Corey Dillon (knee) sitting

KingPriest2
10-31-2004, 07:52 PM
Can't/won't lose to Buffalo, so that means St.L. and the Chiefs, both on the road. There's a chance, especially if Dillon doesn't come back, but it's kinda hard to imagine them winning 21 straight then losing 3 out of 4...

How bad is he hurt?

I can see a strong chance of it happening

Playing Arizona, Miami and Buffalo helped you out

But you did play Indy and the Jets. Seattle is OK

YOu will make the playoffs and still a good team.

Eleazar
10-31-2004, 07:58 PM
If you end up with 4 turnovers you're going to have a hell of a time beating the Dolphins.

KingPriest2
10-31-2004, 08:22 PM
If you end up with 4 turnovers you're going to have a hell of a time beating the Dolphins.

You think?

Amnorix
10-31-2004, 08:37 PM
Rushing
New England Rush Yds Avg Lng TD FumL
K. Faulk 5 4 0.8 4 0 1
C. Cobbs 1 1 1.0 1 0 0
T. Brady 1 -4 -4.0 -4 0 1

Can this be?

Also how bad is Dillon hurt?

Maybe all this winning was too much to ask of Boston-area teams. With running back Corey Dillon (knee) sitting

Yeah, I'm sure that's correct. Dillon was out, presumably with the same foot injury that he suffered 2 weeks ago. He played last week, and looked perfectly healthy. During practice this week it got worse, I guess, since he went from probable on Weds. to Questionable by Thursday/Friday and Doubtful on Fri/Sat (don't remember the dates).

Anyway, we were down 21-3 by the end of the first quarter, so it was all passing all the time, pretty much.

Amnorix
10-31-2004, 08:38 PM
YOu will make the playoffs and still a good team.

ROFLROFLROFL Ya think?

KingPriest2
10-31-2004, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I'm sure that's correct. Dillon was out, presumably with the same foot injury that he suffered 2 weeks ago. He played last week, and looked perfectly healthy. During practice this week it got worse, I guess, since he went from probable on Weds. to Questionable by Thursday/Friday and Doubtful on Fri/Sat (don't remember the dates).

Anyway, we were down 21-3 by the end of the first quarter, so it was all passing all the time, pretty much.

That would hurt you if he is out.

Amnorix
10-31-2004, 08:40 PM

One pick was terrible -- returned for TD. Both fumbles hurt quite a bit. One INT didn't count for much, because it was a long bomb on 3rd down, and the DB was tackled right at the spot, so it wasn't any different than a punt of equal distance (prolly 40 yards or whatever).

But 4 turnovers to zero tells you pretty much all you need to know.

The BIG problem was when Pitt was up big, everyone knew they would try to run it down our throats, AND THEY SUCCEEDED. That really doesn't bode well...

Amnorix
10-31-2004, 08:42 PM
That would hurt you if he is out.

Definitely. We have nobody who has any pretense of being able to fill in for him. Faulk is an excellent 3rd down / change of pace back, but not good for 20+ carries per game. Other than that, we have a free agent and a low round draft pick who has been hurt all year and missed training camp and everything. Plus one fullback (Pass) who is more of a ST guy, and is hurt to boot.

NOT good...

KingPriest2
10-31-2004, 08:42 PM
One pick was terrible -- returned for TD. Both fumbles hurt quite a bit. One INT didn't count for much, because it was a long bomb on 3rd down, and the DB was tackled right at the spot, so it wasn't any different than a punt of equal distance (prolly 40 yards or whatever).

The BIG problem was when Pitt was up big, everyone knew they would try to run it down our throats, AND THEY SUCCEEDED. That really doesn't bode well...

Good luck next week because you might need it.

htismaqe
11-01-2004, 09:56 AM

Your run defense has been suspect since that very first week against the Colts.

They just don't look the same.

Dave Lane
11-01-2004, 10:34 AM
Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 9 Indianapolis Won 27-24
Sep 19 @Arizona Won 23-12
Week 3 BYE
Oct 3 @Buffalo Won 31-17
Oct 10 Miami Won 24-10
Oct 17 Seattle Won 30-20
Oct 24 N.Y. Jets Won 13-7
Oct 31 @Pittsburgh Lost 20-34
Nov 7 @St. Louis 4:15pm L
Nov 14 Buffalo 8:30pm W
Nov 22 @Kansas City 9:00pm L
Nov 28 Baltimore 1:00pm L?
Dec 5 @Cleveland 1:00pm W
Dec 12 Cincinnati 1:00pm W
Dec 20 @Miami 9:00pm W
Dec 26 @N.Y. Jets 4:05pm L?
Jan 2 San Francisco 1:00pm W

Hmm NE is not looking at strong as they look.

St. Loser will not beat them. Bellick vs Martz is a MAJOR mismatch.

Dave

Amnorix
11-01-2004, 10:37 AM
Your run defense has been suspect since that very first week against the Colts.

They just don't look the same.

I'm uncertain. We shut down Curtis Martin and his league-leading (at the time) running attack. 70 yards on 20 carries.

We got REAMED yesterday, but only starting in the third quarter. I'm not sure whether it's because our defense was tired (they were on the field for 43 minutes when all was said and done), or that we were mailing it in by then (why I don't know, since I think we were down 24-10 at that point) or what.

It's might be a problem, but the jury is still out. A definite problem will be in my next post.

ChiefsCountry
11-01-2004, 10:39 AM
I doubt the Lambs will beat them, hopefully NE can clock those St. Losers. But the Chiefs will beat them.

Amnorix
11-01-2004, 10:39 AM
By the end of yesterday's Patriots game:

1. Corey Dillon wasn't playing due to some knee injury that nobody is talking much about.

2. Ty Law left the stadium in a boot for what appears to be a serious injury.

3. Our other starting CB, Ty Poole, was already out of the game. So we ended the game with backups playing at BOTH CB spots.

4. Our starting left tackle, Matt Light, was reportedly "dazed" even after the game was over. Our starting right tackle was already out of the game. So we had to kick one of our starting guards out to tackle. Bottom line -- we had 2 backups playing at the two tackle spots, and had 3 guys playing at new positions on the OLine.

NOT GOOD.

cadmonkey
11-01-2004, 10:52 AM
I could see us losing to St. Louis and Kansas City. Without Dillon we become very 1 demensional.

KingPriest2
11-01-2004, 10:52 AM
I doubt the Lambs will beat them, hopefully NE can clock those St. Losers. But the Chiefs will beat them.

If you claim to be a Chiefs fan I am suprised you would want NE to win. I know our chances of makeing the playoffs slim but why would you want a team in front of us to win? NE is hurting right now They prob will make the playoffs but if they are hurting they might end up with the season with 5 losses.

Any chance you get you want Den, SD, Houston, JAgs, Colts, Pitt, NE, and Jets to lose. Those are the teams in front of us.

Also I do think the Rams can beat the Pats in the dome.

morphius
11-01-2004, 10:58 AM
By the end of yesterday's Patriots game:

1. Corey Dillon wasn't playing due to some knee injury that nobody is talking much about.

2. Ty Law left the stadium in a boot for what appears to be a serious injury.

3. Our other starting CB, Ty Poole, was already out of the game. So we ended the game with backups playing at BOTH CB spots.

4. Our starting left tackle, Matt Light, was reportedly "dazed" even after the game was over. Our starting right tackle was already out of the game. So we had to kick one of our starting guards out to tackle. Bottom line -- we had 2 backups playing at the two tackle spots, and had 3 guys playing at new positions on the OLine.

NOT GOOD.
Wow! That makes for one rough day. A team can overcome a few injuries, but they add up really quick. That is kind of how we started the season on D, really hard to get a new system in place when nobody is healthy.

ChiefsCountry
11-01-2004, 12:03 PM
If you claim to be a Chiefs fan I am suprised you would want NE to win. I know our chances of makeing the playoffs slim but why would you want a team in front of us to win? NE is hurting right now They prob will make the playoffs but if they are hurting they might end up with the season with 5 losses.

Yeah, I am Chiefs fan and I can't stand those a$$hole from St. Louis. That is why I hope the Rams lose.

KingPriest2
11-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I am Chiefs fan and I can't stand those a$$hole from St. Louis. That is why I hope the Rams lose.

So do you want the Chiefs to make the playoffs?

So what you are saying is you want to satisfy your haterd of St. Louis more then the Chiefs making the playoffs.

Interesting on how you feel about that.

We need all the help we can get. If NE loses that helps us out that much more.

If we win our next two games and they come to town they have 2 losses we have 4 and we beat them then we are 1 game back of them.

We beat Indy and NE NE beat Indy. But we need a whole bunch of other factors to come into play.

I want Indy to win their Div and Balt because we have tiebreakers over them. And if the Pats win their Div we have the tiebreaker over them as well. But we have to win our Div.

We do need alot of help and our chances are slim. just trying to be realistic about it.

morphius
11-01-2004, 12:11 PM
As for the topic, it would take a lot of luck for StLoser or the Bills to win, now the Bills is a bit of rivalry so who knows, but they just are not a team you worry about.

KingPriest2
11-01-2004, 12:12 PM
As for the topic, it would take a lot of luck for StLoser or the Bills to win, now the Bills is a bit of rivalry so who knows, but they just are not a team you worry about.

I think the Rams can win the game.

KCN
11-01-2004, 12:18 PM
It's best for us at this point if the pats lose the division to the Jets and we beat NE on Nov. 22. That way we would have the upper hand over Baltimore, Indy and NE if those 3 teams happen to lose their divisions, which I think looks definitely possible. Of course this is assuming we don't win the division which I am not so sure is a done deal anymore.

Unfortunately I think one of those wild card spots is going to an AFC east team, which creates a lot of competition for that 2nd one.

But whatever. With this season, analyzing potential playoff scenarios in the first week of November is pointless. We just gotta root for the Chiefs to win and everyone else to lose.

grandllama
11-01-2004, 12:19 PM
I could see us losing to St. Louis and Kansas City. Without Dillon we become very 1 demensional.

That'll teach you to release Mike Cloud.

cadmonkey
11-01-2004, 12:23 PM
That'll teach you to release Mike Cloud.

...and Patrick Pass

Amnorix
11-01-2004, 01:11 PM
...and Patrick Pass

:Poke: (Psst....we resigned him, and he's back on the team, but he's injured and was inactive yesterday.)

chiefsfan1963
11-01-2004, 01:51 PM
Chiefs will beat NE if they win their next 2 road games. Chiefs will have tremendous momentum and confidence coming back to face NE in Arrowhead on Monday Nite!!!!! Chiefs will have won 5 straight and be rated as the top 3 best teams in the NFL. They will be considered once again the favorite to win the SB. Not bad for starting 1-4 and having many throw in the towel and give the Chiefs no hope of making the playoffs. All the "Bring back Marty" Threads and "DV sucks or needs to retire" or "We made a mistake bringing in a Has Been as our HC" threads will disappear.

then again we could lose our next 2 games and then the bandwagon fans will jump off and the media will bag on us, and the negative threads will start..........and so it goes :thumb:

but this chiefsfan will stick with DV and the whole chiefs organization through thick and thin. :clap:

Dave Lane
11-01-2004, 04:09 PM

I want NE to win out other than one game of course. They are already in the show. May as well thump everyone else along the way. I just want the Chiefs to beat them twice this year.

Dave

KingPriest2
11-01-2004, 04:38 PM
I want NE to win out other than one game of course. They are already in the show. May as well thump everyone else along the way. I just want the Chiefs to beat them twice this year.

Dave

They are not in the show yet. Dillon is hurt and so is Law. Why cheer for a team that is in front of us? You want every AFC team in front of us to lose.