PDA

View Full Version : DO ya think our rushing D moved up the ranks today?

Braincase
10-31-2004, 08:03 PM
33 yds from scrimmage for Indy ROFL

Bowser
10-31-2004, 08:04 PM
Did they even have a rushing attempt in the second half?

FAX
10-31-2004, 08:05 PM
No Indy rushing attempts/yards in 2nd half.

Best,

FAX

Valiant
10-31-2004, 08:05 PM
33 yds from scrimmage for Indy ROFL

yes.. but our total D and passing D went way the **** up...

unlurking
10-31-2004, 08:06 PM
I don't know, but EJ still got me some points in FFL.

Add in starting Trent and Gonzo and I had a monster week!

htismaqe
11-01-2004, 09:49 AM
Pass defense matters not in the grand scheme of things.

Only rush defense matters.

Not counting last year, only TWO of the last 10 Super Bowl participants had pass defenses in the top 10 - Tampa and Baltimore.

Only ONE had a run defense below 10 - New England.

Bob Dole
11-01-2004, 09:50 AM
Oddly enough, it appears to have moved down somehow.

chiefsfan1963
11-01-2004, 10:01 AM
Why is Manning so good against us? Is our secondary that bad? I noticed that our DL was doing a better job pressuring him in the first half, but that was not the case in the second half which would explain his success. What happen to Dalton and Jared? Did we have any sacks?

Tinlar
11-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Hate him if you want to but Manning is good against everyone. He's a legitimate superstar, and as such, there is almost no way to shut him down. You beat him by ignoring his role and targeting some other side of the game. Lucky for us he is paid so much that they can't afford to fill other gaps so it isn't hard to find other parts that are prime for beating on.

chiefz
11-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Has their been a team yet this season that didn't take a hit to their defensive ranking after playing Indy?

Rushing D is 15th in the league.

Devin Vierth
11-01-2004, 10:36 AM
Why is Manning so good against us? Is our secondary that bad? I noticed that our DL was doing a better job pressuring him in the first half, but that was not the case in the second half which would explain his success. What happen to Dalton and Jared? Did we have any sacks?

Indy went to max protect in the second half. They pulled their slot WR and added a second TE. This slowed down the rush allowing Manning to actually have time to throw the ball. The key to beating him is being in his face.

Kudo's to Colts for the adjustment. Also, their defense got more pressure in the second half because they started stunting the defensive line. However, I think we adjusted to that which is why we moved the ball better at the end of the third quarter.

chiefz
11-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Indy went to max protect in the second half. They pulled their slot WR and added a second TE. This slowed down the rush allowing Manning to actually have time to throw the ball. The key to beating him is being in his face.

Kudo's to Colts for the adjustment. Also, their defense got more pressure in the second half because they started stunting the defensive line. However, I think we adjusted to that which is why we moved the ball better at the end of the third quarter.

They also took a lot of chances throwing the ball downfield because they were trailing throughout the entire game and in several instances we dropped very catchable interceptions that would have made a tremendous impact in the second half.