PDA

View Full Version : A word for those of you who left the game early today...

dtebbe
10-31-2004, 08:08 PM
Why do you even bother coming to the game? If you hate traffic that much, why don't you ride the express bus? I just don't understand coming to the game and leaving with 4:00 left in the 4th quarter when your team still needs your support???? You fuggers really piss me off! :cuss: :cuss:

No big loss, I guess, because we were just as loud once your sorry asses left!

DT

Iowanian
10-31-2004, 08:10 PM
The People that leave early, weren't yelling anyway.

Rain Man
10-31-2004, 08:12 PM
They should pour boiling oil off the upper deck onto anyone who leaves early. Kind of like a reverse medieval siege.

chiefs4me
10-31-2004, 08:13 PM
Why do you even bother coming to the game? If you hate traffic that much, why don't you ride the express bus? I just don't understand coming to the game and leaving with 4:00 left in the 4th quarter when your team still needs your support???? You fuggers really piss me off! :cuss: :cuss:

No big loss, I guess, because we were just as loud once your sorry asses left!

DT

what got your bee in a bonnet,,,,to much candy? Anyway it's nobody's business how long anybody else stays at a game,,,,plus it's less people in line for the bathroom

Phobia
10-31-2004, 08:15 PM
what got your bee in a bonnet,,,,to much candy? Anyway it's nobody's business how long anybody else stays at a game,,,,plus it's less people in line for the bathroom

Great. Another contrarian, just like denise. Just what the Planet needed.

Rain Man
10-31-2004, 08:15 PM

Is it no one's business if soldiers leave their base early? Is it no one's business if astronauts get out before they've reached the moon? Is it no one's business if they stop counting election votes before Nebraska and Rhode Island are in? Stop this traitorous talk right now!

KingPriest2
10-31-2004, 08:17 PM

You call yourself a Chiefs fan?

Please ban him now.

chiefs4me
10-31-2004, 08:18 PM
oh come on now,,,and who is this denise you all talk about,

Brando
10-31-2004, 08:19 PM
I sit in the Club level and the four seats next to me are sold to different people every game.
I could not believe it when all four got up and left with the Chiefs up by three in the fourth quarter.
It's their right to, but why spend the money and come out to cheer if you don't want to stick around to see the end result if a close game?

Phobia
10-31-2004, 08:20 PM
oh come on now,,,and who is this denise you all talk about,

She's your long lost twin. Like yourself, 3/4ths of her posts are contrary for the sake of being contrary, not necessarily because she feels strongly one way or another. Just an observation,,,, carry on.

grandllama
10-31-2004, 08:22 PM
Is it no one's business if soldiers leave their base early? Is it no one's business if astronauts get out before they've reached the moon? Is it no one's business if they stop counting election votes before Nebraska and Rhode Island are in? Stop this traitorous talk right now!

Bingo... there is a responsiblity of the crowd to this team, especially in a game like this. Plus isn't the ultimate goal of watching a game in person to see a win? Well if you twits leave early, you don't even get your money's worth.

grandllama
10-31-2004, 08:23 PM
She's your long lost twin. Like yourself, 3/4ths of her posts are contrary for the sake of being contrary, not necessarily because she feels strongly one way or another. Just an observation,,,, carry on.

Phobia, can you ban commas on this board please? They are getting more irritating than the DC forum...

Iowanian
10-31-2004, 08:23 PM

This is why Broads should be home baking pie, and making the man's house more comfortable while He's at the game.

KingPriest2
10-31-2004, 08:24 PM
I sit in the Club level and the four seats next to me are sold to different people every game.
I could not believe it when all four got up and left with the Chiefs up by three in the fourth quarter.
It's their right to, but why spend the money and come out to cheer if you don't want to stick around to see the end result if a close game?

Horrible

AH man we have to beat the traffic so I need to get home

BigRedChief
10-31-2004, 08:25 PM
They have a right to leave as they paid their money like everyone else. But the product didn't suck. The game was in doubt. WTF is up with you? :shake:Why did you leave?

I also have a right to call you a bunch of assholes. do yourself and the team and the rest of us Chief fans stay home watch the game on tv. Please don't come back.:mad:

dtebbe
10-31-2004, 08:25 PM
Bingo... there is a responsiblity of the crowd to this team, especially in a game like this. Plus isn't the ultimate goal of watching a game in person to see a win? Well if you twits leave early, you don't even get your money's worth.

Exactly, people who leave early are just there to be seen, or to say they went to the game.

DT

Skip Towne
10-31-2004, 08:27 PM
You call yourself a Chiefs fan?

Please ban him now.
"Him" is a her and I think is related to Dense.

grandllama
10-31-2004, 08:28 PM
Horrible

AH man we have to beat the traffic so I need to get home

The only folks that got a free pass in our section when they got up to leave was a couple of dads who had to get their kids home in time to trick or treat. Everybody else got razzed pretty good when they got up to leave, including a few Colts fans...

KingPriest2
10-31-2004, 08:29 PM
"Him" is a her and I think is related to Dense.

Oh great but can we still ban them?

tk13
10-31-2004, 08:33 PM
Even if you're a "wine and cheeser" that doesn't yell a ton, I can't understand why you'd leave early in a close game. I liken it to paying money to go see a movie in the theater, and leaving 3/4ths of the way through. You'd never do that... you pay for entertainment, you watch the whole thing. Why is that different for sporting events? If it's 84-0 maybe I can see it, although I probably wouldn't leave, but in a game like today's I don't get it...

KingPriest2
10-31-2004, 08:36 PM
Even if you're a "wine and cheeser" that doesn't yell a ton, I can't understand why you'd leave early in a close game. I liken it to paying money to go see a movie in the theater, and leaving 3/4ths of the way through. You'd never do that... you pay for entertainment, you watch the whole thing. Why is that different for sporting events? If it's 84-0 maybe I can see it, although I probably wouldn't leave, but in a game like today's I don't get it...

I think I still would have stayed

chiefs4me
10-31-2004, 08:52 PM

could be after all I am a Gemini

Rain Man
10-31-2004, 08:56 PM

I loved your spacecraft.

grandllama
10-31-2004, 08:57 PM

don't you go blaming this on my zodiac sign psycho...

chiefs4me
10-31-2004, 08:59 PM
Oh great but can we still ban them?

For posting what I feel on a web site,,,,How insecure are you??

grandllama
10-31-2004, 09:01 PM

no, for using to many farking commas in a sentence.

Rain Man
10-31-2004, 09:02 PM

Actually, they usually falsify a crime and then frame you for it, just to be sure that the ban will hold up in court.

Brando

C'mon,,,,he's from Texas let him be.

chiefs4me
This is why Broads should be home baking pie, and making the man's house more comfortable while He's at the game.

You make people from Iowa look silly when you post crap like that,,,,,

chiefs4me
10-31-2004, 09:04 PM
Actually, they usually falsify a crime and then frame you for it, just to be sure that the ban will hold up in court.

ROFL

grandllama
10-31-2004, 09:05 PM

Can't be Denise, we'd have had a four paragraph retort.

Oh well, time to go watch Capt. Kirk play attorney on TV.

Rain Man
10-31-2004, 09:07 PM

I like it. It reminds me of that 80s song, "Comma comma comma comma comma chameleon....."

Jenson71
10-31-2004, 09:10 PM

:spock:

Less wordy Denise.

DRU
11-01-2004, 12:54 AM
This pic is immediately after the INT at the end of the game that sealed it. They cue the crowd...everybody's going crazy...oh and a bunch have left too...just nevermind that...

I know I'd sure love to be in one of those empty seats. I can't usually afford it. :(

J Diddy
11-01-2004, 01:05 AM
I like it. It reminds me of that 80s song, "Comma comma comma comma comma chameleon....."

boy george lover

ZootedGranny
11-01-2004, 01:09 AM
DigitalTakawira and I went to the game today and the two guys next to us left as the Chiefs got the ball back with the game still in doubt. They missed the TD to Gonzalez and the INT by Wesley. And for all the people that left early, the traffic was still horrendous.

Rausch
11-01-2004, 01:15 AM
You make people from Iowa look silly when you post crap like that,,,,, :hmmm:

chiefsfolife
11-01-2004, 01:16 AM
lets f#ck up anyone who leaves da game early...they should give their tickets to real fans

Priest_Tony
11-01-2004, 02:22 AM
While they do have every right to leave early, I think it stinks, especailly those who left today's game. I know there are exceptions. I just drove 7 hours home from the game because the husband has incompetent employees and a big job starting tomorrow. But I have never walked out of that stadium with any time left on the clock, and I probably never will.

Pants
11-01-2004, 02:37 AM
boy george lover

It's also in Freestyler...

J Diddy
11-01-2004, 04:29 AM
It's also in Freestyler...

quit hating

KingPriest2
11-01-2004, 08:28 AM

You have not right to call yourself a fan.

Saulbadguy
11-01-2004, 08:29 AM
We left after the Wesley interception. If I had the keys to the ride, i'd stay until the very end of every game, plus probably an hour after the game hanging out in the parking lot.

But I don't, so its a moot point.

Iowanian
11-01-2004, 10:44 AM

I'm feeling generous today. I'm going to invite you to stay down in the wading pool on this one. The deep end has rough waters, and I'm not sure your Raft is seaworthy.

The People who leave early, probably leave $5 worth of beer when they go too. I've never left before the clock said 0:00, including the -100 Donk game.

NewChief
11-01-2004, 10:50 AM
Yeah, it's pathetic.

I have a 3 hour drive from KC, which usually turns into a 4 hour drive by the time I get out of traffic and get rolling. I still stayed until the end of the game.

BigRedChief
11-01-2004, 10:50 AM
We left after the Wesley interception.

Thats perfectly fine. Game over all there is too do is take a knee. no harm in leaving then.

Saulbadguy
11-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Thats perfectly fine. Game over all there is too do is take a knee. no harm in leaving then.
The only reason i'd ever leave a game early under my own will is if my team is getting their asses handed to them, its the 4th quarter, and my team has no chance of coming back. Sorry, but I just get too pissed off.

chiefs4me
11-01-2004, 10:54 AM
I'm feeling generous today. I'm going to invite you to stay down in the wading pool on this one. The deep end has rough waters, and I'm not sure your Raft is seaworthy.

The People who leave early, probably leave $5 worth of beer when they go too. I've never left before the clock said 0:00, including the -100 Donk game.

I don't have a raft,,,,,will a cabin crusier do??

Iowanian
11-01-2004, 10:58 AM
I don't have a raft,,,,,will a cabin crusier do??

,,,,,,,,,some chics need a cabin cruiser so the boat doesn't take on water.

I encourage you to move along,,,,,,,,before someone does a cannon ball into the deep end.

chiefs4me
11-01-2004, 11:15 AM
move along yourself,,maybe your used to ordering girls around but not this one honey,,,

Saulbadguy
11-01-2004, 11:16 AM
I once sat at a D'Backs-Cards playoff game until the end even tho the hated Cardinals were absolutely destroying the D'Backs (I think it was like 12-1 in the sixth or seventh.)

On the plus side, Boozer and I upgraded our seats significantly to watch the last few innings of the slaughter.

Heh... I still remember when we were walking down the aisle. Someone tried to heckle us... "You guys leaving?" "Hell, no! We're taking those assholes' seats!"
I just noticed your new sig. Is UMR not giving you any good sig material? :D

Iowanian
11-01-2004, 11:22 AM
Woman..........I'm trying to be nice to you. If you're determined to get into a pissing match today, you'll be alot happier finding another sparring partner.

I'm sure you're a heavyweight, but I'd recommend trying Jerry Cooney first.

CosmicPal
11-01-2004, 11:34 AM
Maybe they left 'cause they were Colt fans.

I really don't have a problem with someone if they want to leave- it's their money. If they want to spend a considerable amount of money to see a game, only to leave early- so be it.

We've left plenty of games before. Most of them have been losses, but there have been a couple of times I left when KC was winning- and they were usually games against non-divisional opponents or some team that was bad at the time.

I'll leave concerts early- and a lot of that is 'cause it's already late enough and we DO want to beat the traffic out....

I've only left a movie early 'cause the movie just downright sucked.

But, they are my choices...as is those who leave Chiefs games early.

Uncle Jesse
11-01-2004, 11:47 AM
We left after the Wesley interception. If I had the keys to the ride, i'd stay until the very end of every game, plus probably an hour after the game hanging out in the parking lot.

But I don't, so its a moot point.

I left early also, for same reason.......so now Im in a catch 22 she comes along to games so I can slurp down beers all game long and not have to drive home, but then she makes me leave early on Halloween in order for the kids to be able to go trick or treating.....will the express bus take you home if you live 150 miles away??

Basically I'm left with not taking wifey to the game and staying sober, which sounds pretty scary to my alcoholic brain

Remind me not to go to the Christmas game against the Raiders, something tells me that I wouldnt get to stay for the whole game then either

In closing, I left early and deserve to be flogged......have at it boys

BigRedChief
11-01-2004, 11:50 AM
I left early also, for same reason.......so now Im in a catch 22 she comes along to games so I can slurp down beers all game long and not have to drive home, but then she makes me leave early on Halloween in order for the kids to be able to go trick or treating.....will the express bus take you home if you live 150 miles away??

Basically I'm left with not taking wifey to the game and staying sober, which sounds pretty scary to my alcoholic brain

Remind me not to go to the Christmas game against the Raiders, something tells me that I wouldnt get to stay for the whole game then either

In closing, I left early and deserve to be flogged......have at it boys

You get a pass from me because I have sympathy for your keeping the wife happy issue. Shoot, I tailgated with Pork Chops yesterday. :p

chiefs4me
11-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Woman..........I'm trying to be nice to you. If you're determined to get into a pissing match today, you'll be alot happier finding another sparring partner.

I'm sure you're a heavyweight, but I'd recommend trying Jerry Cooney first.

I am being nice to you also,,,I just don't take orders fom a man,,and I assume with the word heavyweight you mean tough,,,,not fat

Mark M
11-01-2004, 02:00 PM
What if you have to leave early because you have so much back pain you can barely make it back to your car?

I ask because it happens to me every game ...

MM
~~:sulk:

Mark M
11-01-2004, 02:01 PM
I am being nice to you also,,,I just don't take orders fom a man,,and I assume with the word heavyweight you mean tough,,,,not fatI'm pretty sure he means fat ...

in other words, you should do less binging and more purging.

MM
~~:Poke:

Mark M
11-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Just pop a couple more Vicodin.

Man up!!

I have to ration my Percocet, lest I run out before I get another script.

It ain't pretty when that happens ... I usually can't move for about a day and a half.

MM
~~:(

R&GHomer
11-01-2004, 02:10 PM
I went to a game several years ago, and this lady that was sitting in front of me actualy told me and a friend to stop making so much noise.. I looked at the lady like she was out of her fruggen mind. Her group left with a full 10min left in the game.

dtebbe
11-01-2004, 02:16 PM
I went to a game several years ago, and this lady that was sitting in front of me actualy told me and a friend to stop making so much noise.. I looked at the lady like she was out of her fruggen mind. Her group left with a full 10min left in the game.

My mom and I were sitting in club (read wine & cheese) level at the chiefs / vikings game a few years back. She was dressed up like Santa, because it was a week or so before xmas. Anyway, we were yelling, screaming, beating seats (the usual) and some jerk behind us grabbed my mom and tried to pull her down in her seat. Me and my six beers had a few words with the elderly gentlemen, and he and his wife left soon after that. It was the first and last time I sat in club level.

Club level was almost empty yesterday with 5:00 to go. Maybe they just need to set up a catered tent at the plaza with big screens and sound piped in, that would let these people "beat traffic", and put some real fans in the seats.

DT

Skip Towne
11-01-2004, 02:20 PM
WHAT! I repped him for that. Go bake some cookies.

FAX
11-01-2004, 02:21 PM
I find this thread somewhat fascinating.

As one who cannot attend Arrowhead games due to time/space challenges, I cannot comprehend taking the experience for granted to such an extent that one would actually choose an early exit. Unimaginable, really.

As for the commas, they are legitimate punctuation - though often misused. I suppose one should remember the adage; two in a row is one too many.

As for Iowanian's reluctance to begin the "pissing contest", I am astonished at his restraint in this case and must bow to his self-control.

I, therefore, take from this remarkable thread the following lesson; "Never piss on a new acquaintance, pay more attention in class, and always remain in or near your seats until the sporting event concludes even though this may require sedation".

Best,

FAX

Iowanian
11-01-2004, 03:23 PM
I am being nice to you also,,,I just don't take orders fom a man,,and I assume with the word heavyweight you mean tough,,,,not fat

no one is giving you orders. What I see is that you're acting like I stole you DD duracells for a flashlight and you're feeling a little pent up.

I like women and treat them just fine, other than the dumb broads who strut into the boys locker room and act suprised to see a pecker.

As to you being "tough".........I'll just say that I know where this will go, as does every other long time regular on the board. If you're determined to have a pissing match, I'd recommend drinking alot of water.......I think I could put a fire out accross the street. I know of the coalition website, and have been told they're good people.....thats the reason I'm allowing a wide berth.

BigRedChief
11-01-2004, 03:28 PM
I know of the coalition website, and have been told they're good people.....thats the reason I'm allowing a wide berth.

He doesn't have anything to do with the coalition website. Why does he get a wide berth? Let his ass have it...:p

grandllama
11-01-2004, 03:28 PM
Heh. Well, I noticed I still had that other sig on there... and I didn't have to... so, I just changed it to that real quick while I tried to think of another.

Sure woulda been nice if they could've beaten Truman, tho.

Go figure, UMR beats CMSU and then turns around and gives the other brainiac college its only win of the season.

The Rick
11-01-2004, 03:59 PM

Was that the game that was back in December of 2000? I was at that game. The wife and I stayed for the whole thing too. We had like 50 layers of clothes on and couldn't feel a thing, but we never even thought about leaving early.

chiefs4me
11-01-2004, 04:58 PM
no one is giving you orders. What I see is that you're acting like I stole you DD duracells for a flashlight and you're feeling a little pent up.

I like women and treat them just fine, other than the dumb broads who strut into the boys locker room and act suprised to see a pecker.

As to you being "tough".........I'll just say that I know where this will go, as does every other long time regular on the board. If you're determined to have a pissing match, I'd recommend drinking alot of water.......I think I could put a fire out accross the street. I know of the coalition website, and have been told they're good people.....thats the reason I'm allowing a wide berth.

Actually they were C batteries,,:harumph:

chiefsfolife
11-01-2004, 05:12 PM
we used to be so loud they would call penalties on us....what da f#ck im goin to da faider game. If i see anyone leave early,,, and the game is close i swear i clock u in da fugging jaw u bi#ch

grandllama
11-01-2004, 05:39 PM
Braniac college? Truman?

Well, compared to CMSU ROFL