:doh!:

the Talking Can
10-31-2004, 08:44 PM
greatest

signing

ever

Phobia
10-31-2004, 08:44 PM
I think the Bears are planning to have a left handed QB someday.

Ultra Peanut
10-31-2004, 08:46 PM
DAMNIT, CARL!!!!!!!!!! :cuss:

Eleazar
10-31-2004, 08:48 PM
The real damnit Carl is that we didn't resign teh ubar QBOTF Jonathan Quinn.

Bowser
10-31-2004, 08:49 PM
I think the Bears are planning to have a left handed QB someday.

For that kind of cake, Tait should BE the friggin' QB!

Hammock Parties
10-31-2004, 08:50 PM
I hope John Taint enjoys his cellar-dwelling season with the Bears.

Chiefs vs Colts with Taint: 0-4

Chiefs vs Colts without Taint: 1-0

COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT!!

Ultra Peanut
10-31-2004, 08:51 PM
For that kind of cake, Tait should BE the friggin' QB!Money tastes nothing like cake mmhm.

Frazod
10-31-2004, 08:51 PM
The real damnit Carl is that we didn't resign teh ubar QBOTF Jonathan Quinn.

ROFL

You mean Terry Shea's Mr.-I-Know-The-System? He's more hated in Chicago than Steve Bartman, and probably the worst QB to ever wear a Bears uniform, and DAMN THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING.

Ultra Peanut
10-31-2004, 08:53 PM
ROFL

You mean Terry Shea's Mr.-I-Know-The-System? He's more hated in Chicago than Steve Bartman, and probably the worst QB to ever wear a Bears uniform, and DAMN THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING.Nicely woven post. ROFL

Frazod
10-31-2004, 08:53 PM
Nicely woven post. ROFL

Why thank you. :)

B2chiefsfan
10-31-2004, 08:54 PM
ROFL

You mean Terry Shea's Mr.-I-Know-The-System? He's more hated in Chicago than Steve Bartman, and probably the worst QB to ever wear a Bears uniform, and DAMN THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING.

LMAO!!!

:clap:

Deberg_1990
10-31-2004, 09:12 PM
Hey at least Thomas Jones was a nice pickup for them.

Rain Man
10-31-2004, 09:16 PM
Money tastes nothing like cake mmhm.

Isn't there some country in the South Pacific that uses cake as currency?

Ultra Peanut
10-31-2004, 09:34 PM
Probably not Vanuatu, though they are a cargo cult island.

Eleazar
10-31-2004, 09:39 PM
...probably the worst QB to ever wear a Bears uniform, and DAMN THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING.

This Quinn is too bad to be true
October 18, 2004

BY RICK TELANDER SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

How not to be cruel? How about this? It's possible Bears quarterback Jonathan Quinn isn't pathetic in the red zone.

Could be, you know.

Because on Sunday the Bears never made it to the fricking red zone.

Sorry.

How about this?

Quinn had the highest rushing average of anybody on either team in this what-did-I-pay-for-a-seat-license, dear-God-must-the-season-go-on? 13-10 loss to the feeble Washington Redskins.

The Quinn-ster gained 32 yards on two carries. Yes, sir!

But he was sacked four times for 31 yards in losses.

And he passed for 34 net yards.

For the whole freaking game!

On a perfect weather day.

That's 8.5 yards per quarter.

However, in the first quarter Quinn amassed three yards passing, and in the third quarter he lit up the fall air for 1 yard.

So he was out-of-control, en fuego pass-happy in the second and fourth quarters.

Not.

Basically, this game -- which made the Bears 1-4 and dropped them down there with the molding detritus of the NFL, such as your weenie-Wannie Dolphins -- consisted of the inept Washington team scoring a touchdown, two field goals and letting Quinn come apart like a sock puppet.

There is just no other way to describe it: Quinn might be the worst Bears starting quarterback in modern history.

His performance at Soldier Field was beyond Rusty Lisch-ious.

He is Cade McNown without peripheral vision.

He is Will Furrer without the left hand.

He is Henry Burris without the attitude.

He is Steve Bradley without the strike year.

He is Peter Tom Willis without the pedigree.

Why, he's Moses Moreno without the charisma.

One hundred sixty yards in total offense, with tailback Thomas Jones gaining 97 yards himself?

A 33.5 quarterback rating?

One-for-14 on third- and fourth-down conversions?

After two weeks of preparation and film study and conditioning and mental immersion in the craft of starting quarterback-dom?

Late in the fourth quarter, with the Bears still somehow holding a chance to win, Quinn dropped back to pass on third-and-eight from the Bears' 47.

He looked, in his slow, mechanical retreat, like a statue on a wheeled cart. He held the ball, cocked and ready, like an oaken catapult with a loaf of bread in its pouch.

The entire sun-drenched stadium -- indeed, the entire football world -- saw Redskins cornerback Shawn Springs sprinting in from Quinn's left side, and you could almost hear the slow-motion roar: "Watch ... out ... for ... the ... blitz ... you ... big ... dummy!!!''

Of course, Quinn didn't.

If Quinn weren't 6-6, 240, he would now be part of the sod near midfield. Or bug splatter on Springs' grille.

When the Bears' last embarrassing offensive effort had been made -- sack, sack, completion, interception -- Bears wide receiver David Terrell came to the bench and screamed, "Mother------!'' as loud as he could.

Terrell is just the kind of high-strung, egomaniacal player who will detonate under the misguidance of a quarterback who doesn't have a clue.

Terrell was frothing all afternoon on the sideline, even seemingly mouthing off to a coach.

He silently fumed as he dressed in his red Carmelo Anthony-model Oak Hill Academy stocking cap and yellow game jersey. He put on his black leather coat and hissed, "I had fun playing against my favorite team. Bye!'' And he was gone.

That's what one catch for 10 yards will do to a guy who fancies himself a gamebreaker. Terrell would be better off wearing a shortstop's glove or jai alai cesta to handle Quinn.

Of course, that's assuming Quinn ever starts for the Bears again.

Young molecular biologist Craig Krenzel and surfer dude Chad Hutchinson now move out of the clipboard world -- no matter how unqualified they may be -- and into the scary world of starting in the NFL.

"Nothing about being a starting quarterback is easy,'' said the oddly unflapped Quinn after the game.

Did he feel overmatched? I wanted to know.

"No,'' Quinn answered.

I thought about asking him if he thought the earth was flat, but didn't want to debate the answer.

Thus, the Bears have seen their rebuilding plans screech to a spark-flinging halt because of a long train of oversight.

Earth to Bears: Did it ever dawn on you that your starting quarterback, Rex Grossman, might blow out his knee and be lost for the year? Guys, this is the league that devours its own. Backups count. Or did you think it was the pro bowlers tour?

New offensive coordinator Terry Shea must have convinced Lovie Smith that Quinn, a Shea protege at Kansas City, was OK. Lovie must have convinced general manager Jerry Angelo. Angelo -- with a contract extension through 2008 -- convinced president Ted Phillips. Phillips convinced Virginia McCaskey. Virginia maybe whispered the news to George Halas.

All wrong.

Do you feel for Quinn? I asked Redskins quarterback Mark Brunell, no field genius himself Sunday, with eight completions in 22 attempts for only 95 yards.

"Yes, I do,'' he replied sincerely.

So do I.

But who feels for the rest of us?

Rick Telander hosts a talk show on WSCR-AM (670) from 2-6 p.m. weekdays.

Ultra Peanut
10-31-2004, 09:47 PM
Awesome.

Frazod
10-31-2004, 09:47 PM
I buy the Sun Times every day. Already read that one. :D

Hammock Parties
10-31-2004, 10:00 PM
Poor Quinn.

royr17
10-31-2004, 11:33 PM
Username Thief you stole my avatar from the mane, give it back NOW !!!

Hammock Parties
11-01-2004, 12:01 AM
Username Thief you stole my avatar from the mane, give it back NOW !!!

Dipshit, you know I made that avatar. I'm GoChiefs.

royr17
11-01-2004, 01:49 AM
Dipshit, you know I made that avatar. I'm GoChiefs.

Whatever asshole, thats my avatar.

teedubya
11-01-2004, 01:53 AM

give me back my kleenex tissues.

Pants
11-01-2004, 01:59 AM

LMAO, dude you realize HE made it?

Ultra Peanut
11-01-2004, 02:00 AM
Oh, shut the hell up.

Pants
11-01-2004, 02:10 AM
Oh, shut the hell up.

But it's MIIIIIINE! :deevee:

Hammock Parties
11-01-2004, 08:15 PM
LMAO I just checked this thread....funny stuff....

I made that avatar last year I think, for one of my dupe accounts named "Dante's Inferno." Then Roy stole it for use on the Orangemane.com.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Taint is doing great work for the Bears. Their QBs have only been sacked 23 times this year! ROFL

Straight, No Chaser
11-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Taint is doing great work for the Bears. Their QBs have only been sacked 23 times this year! ROFL

Please, Please!!! I will pay you to take off that animated GIF. that is the most disgusting, annoying "______ __ ____" I have ever, ever seen. No one should have to wear polarized sunglasses to look at the monitor screen.

----->