PDA

View Full Version : Refs blowing calls. What did the TV say?

BigRedChief
10-31-2004, 08:46 PM
Some examples that I saw in the stands. Did they talk about them on TV? What did they say about the calls?

The one call for pass interferance when our player didn't even touch him. The next play they get the touchdown.

Our player gets mugged in the end zone and the ref is standing right next to him and doesn't call it?

The pass reciever stepped out of bounds before he advanced the ball.

The face mask on the goal line that turned Priest's head around.

tk13
10-31-2004, 08:52 PM
There was a little talk about it over on the Randy Cross thread. Cross did say about the PI calls that "If that's the New England Patriots right there, they wouldn't call that garbage pass interference" or something to that effect....

grandllama
10-31-2004, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE=BigRedChief]The one call for pass interferance when our player didn't even touch him. The next play they get the touchdown.[QUOTE]

You forgot that on that next play Warfield got tackled over the middle... last I checked that is a variation of holding...

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-31-2004, 08:57 PM
I know the Colt fan sitting next to me at the bar today semi-apologized over that first PI against Warfield and for Kennison's mugging.

Now, he was happy the calls went his way, but he was obviously embarrassed about them.

Bowser
10-31-2004, 08:57 PM
That non-pass interference on Kennison was probablly the worst non-call I have ever seen. And that is saying something.

cdcox
10-31-2004, 08:58 PM
Some examples that I saw in the stands. Did they talk about them on TV? What did they say about the calls?

The one call for pass interferance when our player didn't even touch him. The next play they get the touchdown.

Our player gets mugged in the end zone and the ref is standing right next to him and doesn't call it?

The pass reciever stepped out of bounds before he advanced the ball.

The face mask on the goal line that turned Priest's head around.

Cross thought all the PI calls were ticky-tack. Didn't think it should have been PI on the guy guarding Kennison in the end zone.

There was no face mask on Priest. Initially, I tought it was a face mask, but the replay showed that the guy just had his hand on his helmet.