PDA

View Full Version : Up yours Comcast!

dtebbe
10-31-2004, 10:15 PM
We've all seen the BS commercials on cable about "rain fade" on satellite. Well anyone who has actually had a satellite knows that rain fade lasts about 5 minutes or so, and then everything is fine.

So my mom (in KC) has Comcast digital cable. We are watching a movie last night, and the screen goes black and says "this channel should be available momentarily", well after 5 minutes I power down the box and it comes back on. In 10 minutes it does it again, but this time won't come back on. So we call Comcast, sit on hold for 20 mintues, and then get a genious that tell us to bypass the digital box (cutting us down to 20 or so channels, and not the one with the movie we were watching) and they would have someone come out and look at it on Tuesday. So with cable, you have "rain fade" that lasts 3 days, and requires a "tech" to fix.

F&ck you Comcast. I'm sooooooo glad I told you where to stick it back in 1994!

DT
NFL Sunday Ticket Subscriber since 1994
(yes, I paid $500 for the receiver, and it was worth every penny!)

Pants
10-31-2004, 10:17 PM
I have TW Cable + Roadrunner back home. In many years we've had like 2 problems. Awesomeness.

Sure-Oz
10-31-2004, 10:22 PM
Comcast still has a fvcked up internet for me, it got better for while, it just isn't as good as it was. I may have to b1tch at them some until it gets resolved. THe packet loss is so annoying and i hate hitting refresh so many times. Weird thing is it doesn't effect the dl's really at all, they still haul ass.

DRU
10-31-2004, 11:50 PM
Comcast does suck. I lived in KC before and had Time Warner + RR and LOVED it! Moved to Raymore for a little while where my ONLY choice was Comcast. The cable sucked, the internet sucked, and the customer service SUCKED. I'm back in KC again now with my good ol' TW+RR and I'm loving it once again.

With a decent cable provided from the comparisons I've seen I'd never switch to satellite.