PDA

View Full Version : Sportscenter is absolute shit

Ultra Peanut
10-31-2004, 11:22 PM
**** Stuart Scott, and **** the rest of the show. I can't stand that condescending, holier-than-thou, look-at-us-we're-amazing shit.

HolmeZz
10-31-2004, 11:26 PM
BOOYAH, BITCH.

Sure-Oz
Boo-Yah!!

Demonpenz
what pissed you off? I didn't like him dogging on kurt busch

OldTownChief
10-31-2004, 11:27 PM
**** Stuart Scott, and **** the rest of the show. I can't stand that condescending, holier-than-thou, look-at-us-we're-amazing shit.

I can't even watch it anymore, it makes me want to throw a brick through the TV screen.

tk13
10-31-2004, 11:30 PM
Have I mentioned that the Tar Heels rule?

|Zach|
10-31-2004, 11:31 PM
have they done the Chiefs part yet?

Ultra Peanut
10-31-2004, 11:32 PM
what pissed you off? I didn't like him dogging on kurt buschThat was it. That somber, "shame on you" tone was just too much.

"It's not catastrophic, Kurt... it's just an engine." Oooooooh, so sorry to offend you, you cliche spouting jerkoff. I guess Busch didn't have the benefit of knowing he'd be featured on "Sports"center after three minutes of heavy-handed faux-sorrow for the families and friends of the victims of a plane crash.

The "Oh no, don't you dare mock Ray Lewis' idiotic dance" crap and the fact that they didn't bother to show MannINT's game-clinching interception after slobbing on his knob bugged me, as well.

I normally make it a point to avoid it, but I mistakenly left it on after the crappy game ended.

Rausch
10-31-2004, 11:34 PM
That was it. That somber, "shame on you" tone was just too much.

"It's not catastrophic, Kurt... it's just an engine." Oooooooh, so sorry to offend you, you cliche spouting jerkoff. I guess Busch didn't have the benefit of knowing he'd be featured on "Sports"center after three minutes of heavy-handed faux-sorrow for the families and friends of the victims of a plane crash.

The "Oh no, don't you dare mock Ray Lewis' idiotic dance" crap and the fact that they didn't bother to show MannINT's game-clinching interception after slobbing on his knob bugged me, as well.

I normally make it a point to avoid it, but I mistakenly left it on after the crappy game ended.

I'm waiting for Prime time to see how Jackson rationalizes Jesus Manning getting put down...

Demonpenz
10-31-2004, 11:38 PM
That really bugged me what he said about busch.

Hammock Parties
10-31-2004, 11:39 PM
Shittier than the other side of the colon.

KCJake
10-31-2004, 11:46 PM
At least they gave us some props on the Plays of the Week. Priest screen play.

Rausch
10-31-2004, 11:47 PM
Shittier than the other side of the colon. ROFL

Megbert
11-01-2004, 12:08 AM
I watched the highlights on both Sportscenter and then Sunday Night Countdown. Neither showed Peyton's attempt at a comeback concluding with an interception. I thought they would show it on SNC at least since it was their "Prime Cut" highlight. Guaranteed if Trent had been trying the comeback we woulda seen the int. I believe this too is a clause in Peyton Manning's contract most likely added by Archie "Under no circumstances will any highlight show show Peyton fail at the end of a game"

Fairplay
11-01-2004, 12:28 AM
ESPN spent a lot of time on the Pittsburg-Patriots game and the ending of the 21 game winning streak. Then it hurried through the Chiefs-Colts game. I would imagine time is a factor in how much the others got. Also they spent a lot of time on the Ravens-Eagles match.
They seemed to focus on certain stories more then others. Unfortunately the Patriots loss overshadowed our win.

TO and Lewis our bigger news stories as well. Sad to say.

|Zach|
11-01-2004, 12:31 AM
I ususally don't have a problem with the exposure time the Chiefs get. Every fan base of every team things they get screwed over in this area. I still like prime time becuase I cant see all of the games and I get to see what went down around the league. They do a good job of breaking down numbers and throwing interesting stuff out. I get sick of the personalities but I kind of tune it out....I love Sports Center's Pump Up The Volume thing where they use the home radio tidbits with the plays from around the league...

Dave Lane
11-01-2004, 12:36 AM
That was it. That somber, "shame on you" tone was just too much.

OK I'll bite who the hell is Kurt Busch?

Dave

Abba-Dabba
11-01-2004, 12:46 AM
OK I'll bite who the hell is Kurt Busch?

Dave

Nascar Nextel Cup points leader

chiefsfan1963
11-01-2004, 12:59 AM
if KC wins 5 straight we'll get more than enough time on SC.

Bob Dole
11-01-2004, 06:27 AM
Nascar Nextel Cup points leader

What the hell is that?

They accumulate points for talking on their cell phones while driving?

KC Jones
11-01-2004, 06:31 AM
"Under no circumstances will any highlight show show Peyton fail at the end of a game"

Damn, that would leave a lot of film on the editing room floor every year - especially in January.

Braincase
11-01-2004, 06:46 AM
What the hell is that?

They accumulate points for talking on their cell phones while driving?

It's a competition between stuntmen passing themselves off as athletes, yet nobody has any idea about Jeff Gordon's 40 time, Rusty Wallace's bench press, and not a single one of 'em is bothered by the thin air in Denver. Tiger Woods could kick all their asses.

Bob Dole
11-01-2004, 06:47 AM
They showed the INT on NFL Network's Point After: Sounds of the Game.

They also showed Peymeaton getting back up to his knees and throwing a little baby tantrum instead of making any effort to stop Wesley's 65 yard return.

Bowser
11-01-2004, 06:49 AM
It's a competition between stuntmen passing themselves off as athletes, yet nobody has any idea about Jeff Gordon's 40 time, Rusty Wallace's bench press, and not a single one of 'em is bothered by the thin air in Denver. Tiger Woods could kick all their asses.

Heh heh!

OldTownChief
11-01-2004, 07:47 AM

Definitely pussies compared to those finely tuned athletes on ESPN's World Series of Poker, definitely.

Braincase
11-01-2004, 07:50 AM
Definitely pussies compared to those finely tuned athletes on ESPN's World Series of Poker, definitely.

Those Poker guys run with the big dogs...

http://www.famousfoto.com/tin-signs/498.jpg

Skip Towne
11-01-2004, 07:56 AM
I learned a long time ago not to watch national sports shows.

OldTownChief
11-01-2004, 07:59 AM
Those Poker guys run with the big dogs...

http://www.famousfoto.com/tin-signs/498.jpg

ROFL Dogs playing poker, classic

BigRedChief
11-01-2004, 08:13 AM
I learned a long time ago not to watch national sports shows.

I like Jacksons MNF countdown's "Jacked Up" piece.