PDA

View Full Version : holmes closing in on more records

Mr. Laz
11-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Notes: Holmes' ninth three-touchdown game moved him into a tie with Arizona's Emmitt Smith for second on the NFL career list. Jim Brown holds the record with 10 three-TD games. ... The five-TD game was the fifth of Manning's career. His career high is six. ... With 82 yards on three pass receptions, Holmes' 225 total yards moved him past former WR Otis Taylor for the Chiefs' career lead. Holmes has 7,579 yards for Kansas City, to 7,467 for Taylor.

Mile High Mania
11-01-2004, 12:47 PM
Also of note...

Rod Smith became the first "non-drafted free agent" receiver to surpass 9,000 career receiving yards. Also, he became the 2nd Broncos' receiver to have a 200 yard day ... and his TD put him in a tie for 1st with Sharpe in Denver's all time TD receptions leader category.

Rod Smith has had a hell of a career when you sit back and consider how he started.

Straight, No Chaser
11-01-2004, 12:49 PM
Rod Smith has had a hell of a career when you sit back and consider how he started.

I stopped in Joplin once.

---->

Braincase
11-01-2004, 01:08 PM
I wonder how Priest ranks among non-drafted running backs? How does Trent rank amongst 9th round drafted QB's?

JimNasium
11-01-2004, 01:12 PM
I stopped in Joplin once.

---->
I spent a year there. I'm not proud of it but it happened.

Straight, No Chaser
11-01-2004, 01:18 PM
I spent a year there. I'm not proud of it but it happened.

Yikes.

There was this roadside eatery that served some excellent hamburgers. Driving away I kept thinking the townfolk reminded me of the characters in the cult film "Motel Hell"

---->

KingPriest2
11-01-2004, 01:23 PM
Joplin is not that bad. just a very small city.

There are things to do there but not too many

I miss the driving on the hiway when I am there.

Most of the north south roads are single lane ex Murphy and Connecticut. So it kind of sucks driving in Joplin.

BIG_DADDY
11-01-2004, 01:29 PM
Hell Priest would have had 8 the other day if his ankle wasn't buggin

htismaqe
11-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Laz, I posted this in another thread, but it applies here as well...

Priest Holmes is rewriting the record books. He stands a chance of not only breaking his single-season mark, but also the 32 game mark (which he also holds).

There's a good chance that after this season, ALL THREE spots for the single-season mark will be held by 1 person...

PRIEST HOLMES