PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts on Priest

2bikemike
11-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Do you realize Priest has the most rushing attempts in the NFL?
He has 180 attempts next is Clitoris Porton with 170. I certainly hope Priest holds up.

Which brings me to his leaping for a TD. I was pretty nervous when he landed on his head yesterday. But he popped up and played well and I haven't seen any mention of him being dinged.

Priest is on pace for about 1900 yds this season and about 29 TD's. I would like ot see him hit 2000 yds and 30 TD's and get MVP honors.

BTW I have not heard one mention of him and MVP. But twice now I have heard about Tiki Barber mentioned with MVP.

Tiki has about 38 fewer attempts and 85 fewer yds. and 7 fewer TD's. I still don't think he should get the nod before Priest.

And last but not least. What the fugg is up with Priest and his 4 fumbles this year? I am not sure but doesn't he have something like 4 fumbles in the last 2 years?

Saulbadguy
11-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Tiki got mentioned because everyone had the NYG written at the bottom of the division, and noone expected them to play this well. Tiki has certainly been a part of that.

Oh, it doesn't hurt to play in NYC either.

Donger
11-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Michael Vick!! Michael Vick!!

[/swoon]

HC_Chief
11-01-2004, 02:10 PM
I have only one thought on Priest: "F*cking awesome" :D

Seriously, I feel honored to watch the man carry the rock. He is, without a shadow of a doubt, the best player the Chiefs have ever fielded. JMO

Phobia
11-01-2004, 02:13 PM
15 fumbles - 9 lost for his entire career.

Yes, he needs to protect the ball better.

shaneo69
11-01-2004, 02:15 PM
His acceleration on those draw plays is unbelievable.

teedubya
11-01-2004, 02:15 PM
my thoughts on Priest are simple. He is by far the toughest mo'fugga in the NFL today.

With his now being implemented into the passing game more, [which i may add, was blatantly missing in the first few games... (which is the real reason for 3 wins out of last 4 games...not my starting game threads...) ]... Priest is even more dangerous.

He projects at having 2000+ yards rushing 500+ yards receiving...28+ TDs rushing 3 TD's receiving...

perhaps, Priest needs to have some more good mojo sent his way...

NFL MVPish, innit? for real, wicked.

Demonpenz
11-01-2004, 02:21 PM
Hopefully his doctors and training staff can massage him 24 hours a day, because we are going to be riding this horse all year.

KingPriest2
11-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Check out my thread on comparing his 2002 year to this year

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=102991

Guys the thing I noticed about him He really turns it on in the second half. Lets just hope he holds up If he does take off like usual we are going to see something special.

This year is comparable to 2002

I also included his stats for 2001 and 2003 total years and first 7 games to compare.

I compared the first for both 04 and 02

RealSNR
11-01-2004, 03:23 PM
He doesn't deserve MVP honors because he has no burst

Priest is done. I doubt he'll see Week 10.

His hip is just like Bo Jackson's. I don't think it's possible for him to get going again.

[/TACO'S BULLSHIT RHETORIC]

6 Iron
11-01-2004, 03:28 PM
When we were 1-4, Priest was still positive when so many, myself included, were pretty much convinced we were headed South. Not just a phenomenal RB, but an inspiring team leader. Best Chiefs football player ever.

ClearmontChief
11-01-2004, 04:01 PM
East Coast bias. No way that Tiki should be mentioned before Priest based on numbers. And, if KC goes on now and continues to win, then Priest will likely end up with MVP numbers but will be overlooked UNLESS we win the SB.

I'm so very tired of ESPN, and national media pumping up everything east coast. If Tiki were running for GB, he'd just be Ahman Green. But, if Priest happened to be running for the Giants or the Jets...and, they'd be talking hall of fame let alone MVP.

It was pretty indicative a couple weeks ago when Mike & Mike in the Morning on ESPN radio were talking something about 87% of America was watching the Yankees vs. Red Sox because 'America just loves that matchup'. Well, I'm near Omaha, couldn't give a rip about the Red Sox, their curse, or the F'n Yankees whom we all (Royals fans) love to see (in the box score in the paper the next day) lose. 87% of America, including us in Omaha had to watch Yankmes/Sox on local broadcast when they were playing at the exact same time as the Cardinals/Astros (Mid-western vs. another central team).

I'll bet that New York was screaming back in 85 when it was all Missouri.

Priest Holmes will never win the MVP, regardless of the numbers (vs. Tiki or Curtis Martin) unless the Chiefs win the Super bowl...I'll settle for that.

Bowser
11-01-2004, 04:04 PM
Hopefully his doctors and training staff can massage him 24 hours a day, because we are going to be riding this horse all year.

I think that is Vonne Marie's job these days. :hmmm:

Mr. Laz
11-01-2004, 04:08 PM
i think we will continue to give Blaylock more and more carries.

we are in must win now ... if we get a lead against Tampa and New Orlean, i think blaylock will see significant time (ie 15-20 carries) to reduce the load on Holmes.

we might even see some LJ

BigRedChief
11-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Preist needs to stay on the ground on those goal line plays for that reason. He gets clipped and lands wrong and the Chiefs season is over.

As far as using him too much. He may retire after this year. Next year will defintely be his last one. Ride this horse now because there is no tommorrow.

We have been so lucky as Chief fans to have witness Priest do his thang these last 3 years. Priest is the man!

teedubya
11-01-2004, 04:11 PM
i think we will continue to give Blaylock more and more carries.

we are in must win now ... if we get a lead against Tampa and New Orlean, i think blaylock will see significant time (ie 15-20 carries) to reduce the load on Holmes.

we might even see some LJ

im thinking that as well... Blaylock is getting some good time this year, and those 4 TD's will help increase his perception around the league, and I bet some team tries to snag him when his contract is up.

redfan
11-01-2004, 05:18 PM
I'd love to see Blaylock get some more carries, down the road. Maybe if the Chiefs get up big in these next 2 road games.
This team needs to get back to .500 and better before Priest should be "rested".
I noticed against the Falcan'ts that even when priest was done for the day he still had his helmet on and was totally into the game and was absolutely ready to come back in. He looked like he still wanted to be in there. The guy is plain tough. And really, really good. I can't believe the Chiefs have a player like this. I know there will never be another back in a Chiefs uni like him. Stay shifty, stay healthy, Priest.

sparkky
11-01-2004, 05:18 PM
I think we better enjoy this ride boys cause I think Priest will retire after this year. We have been privliged to see one of the greatest of all time.
The sad part is I also think he will have trouble getting into the hall of fame on the first ballot because he played in KC. If he played for any number of other teams he would be a sure bet, but not in kc.
Sad but true.
Enjoy the ride boys,,,,,,,,,enjoy the ride and hope it's long enough for a ring.

Bowser
11-01-2004, 05:30 PM
I think we better enjoy this ride boys cause I think Priest will retire after this year. We have been privliged to see one of the greatest of all time.
The sad part is I also think he will have trouble getting into the hall of fame on the first ballot because he played in KC. If he played for any number of other teams he would be a sure bet, but not in kc.
Sad but true.
Enjoy the ride boys,,,,,,,,,enjoy the ride and hope it's long enough for a ring.

I think he'll stick it out for one more year.

R&GHomer
11-01-2004, 05:43 PM
People keep talking about it, but why in the hell would he retire if he is still healthy? The guy is still the best in the league and could have several more good years left in the tank.

Megbert
11-01-2004, 05:45 PM
Preist is leading the league in scoring. With 84 points this includes kickers. The next position player is Shaun Alexander with 60.

Demonpenz
11-01-2004, 05:47 PM
priest has dominated in such a fashion i think he should go in the hall of fame

2bikemike
11-01-2004, 05:55 PM
People keep talking about it, but why in the hell would he retire if he is still healthy? The guy is still the best in the league and could have several more good years left in the tank.

Personal desire to be with his family. Retire while he is still in relatively good shape.

KingPriest2
11-01-2004, 06:09 PM
priest has dominated in such a fashion i think he should go in the hall of fame

Check out my thread I have it broken down.

I have him compared to Faulk and Emmit

Hammock Parties
11-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Priest is amazing. His projected stats are:

1,904 yards rushing
30 rushing TD
421 yards receiving
2 receiving TD

32 TOTAL TOUCHDOWNS!!!

Bowser
11-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Priest is amazing. His projected stats are:

1,904 yards rushing
30 rushing TD
421 yards receiving
2 receiving TD

32 TOTAL TOUCHDOWNS!!!

That would be a pretty decent CAREER for most RB's! Just ask Todd McNair! :D

Hammock Parties
11-01-2004, 06:30 PM
That would be a pretty decent CAREER for most RB's! Just ask Todd McNair! :D

It won't last, but if it did Priest would easily shatter the TD record.

KingPriest2
11-01-2004, 07:30 PM
It won't last, but if it did Priest would easily shatter the TD record.

I think you might be worng on that. Priest usually turns it on in the 2nd half.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2004, 07:31 PM
I think you might be worng on that. Priest usually turns it on in the 2nd half.

Priest already owns the TD record.

I'm talking about the career TD record.

2bikemike
11-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Go Chiefs your sig pic is a pain in the ass.

BIG K
11-02-2004, 01:06 AM
And last but not least. What the fugg is up with Priest and his 4 fumbles this year? I am not sure but doesn't he have something like 4 fumbles in the last 2 years?

Everyone was worried about is hip.? The fuggers' problem is his damn butter finger hands! He should be nothing more than a third down back. I think it is time to retire "The Priest". We should start LJ and if that doesn't work, we should trade Trent and Gonzo for Mike Cloud...... :thumb:

KingPriest2
11-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Tiki is avg over 157 yards a game Priest is at 143

He is avg 106.6 for running and 50.6 for recieving. He also has 7 TDs

He is 45% of the offense and Priest is 35%

2004 New York Giants 7 5 142 748 5.3 72 6 5 36
2004 New York Giants 7 5 27 352 13.0 62 1 5 3 10

Wow 5 catches for over 20 and 3 for 40.

Also the Giants were not expected to do anything this year and Tiki is a big reason why.

The Chiefs were supposed to be up there and are not.
But watch out Priest is coming on.

TRR
11-04-2004, 03:08 PM
I am a little concerned with Priest fumbling the football. He's had 3 fumbles the last couple of games and one near fumble as well. Priest is really fighting for the extra yards this season, I believe that's why his fumble numbers are up. Hopefully he will continue to take care of the ball.