PDA

View Full Version : Reality check.

BigVE
11-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Two BIG wins a row...awesome, but we have a long ways to go. To me we are set up for the ultimate let-down this weekend against the bucs. We should beat them (we're favored by 2 1/2pts) but I still wouldnt put money on it just yet. Im not taking anything away from what we have accomplished the past two weeks, it takes 2 wins before you can win 3,4,5 in row but if we LOSE this week against the "lowly bucs" (who are playing a bit better,IMO) then its back to the drawing board with a severe loss of momentum. We HAVE to win these next two games against what appear to be "lesser" opponents if we are going to go anywhere. This stretch of the schedule is crtitical since its basically the easiest (as far as quality of opponent even though they are road games) part of our schedule AND we have a 2 game win-streak on top of it.

BigV, not getting hopes up just yet but still optimistic about our chances to make the playoffs.

Cormac
11-01-2004, 05:07 PM
I really don't think they are going to listen to the media now. This team knows that they have a lot left to do, and I expect they'll play as hard as ever next week, and every week thereafter. The Jax loss was huge for their season. I think after the Baltimore massacre and the bye week, they started thinking that it would be an easy win if they just replicated the effort. Then they didn't.

A road-game in Florida is always a tough game.....at least for the Chiefs. I don't expect they'll overlook it. As Jerome Woods said yesterday "we are gaining momentum" which is a lot different to saying "we have got momentum". I think that's the mentality of this team. Besides Gunther is going to be chewing ass this week to remedy the pass D against the Colts. There will be no let-down, and I expect a [narrow] Chiefs victory.

BigVE
11-01-2004, 05:17 PM
I really don't think they are going to listen to the media now. This team knows that they have a lot left to do, and I expect they'll play as hard as ever next week, and every week thereafter. The Jax loss was huge for their season. I think after the Baltimore massacre and the bye week, they started thinking that it would be an easy win if they just replicated the effort. Then they didn't.

A road-game in Florida is always a tough game.....at least for the Chiefs. I don't expect they'll overlook it. As Jerome Woods said yesterday "we are gaining momentum" which is a lot different to saying "we have got momentum". I think that's the mentality of this team. Besides Gunther is going to be chewing ass this week to remedy the pass D against the Colts. There will be no let-down, and I expect a [narrow] Chiefs victory.

I agree that if we win it wont be by a large margin. One possible plus to this weeks game is that it gives PLENTY of fuel for Gunther and PLENTY of video proof that our secondary needs to wake up at times and the LINE has to put more pressure on the QB.

el borracho
11-01-2004, 05:22 PM
We had decent pressure from the Dline... Indy does not give up many sacks because Manning is so quick to recognize pressure and get the ball out. I do agree, however, that our safeties need to improve their ball-hawking. Manning was tossing (salad and the ball) deep all day and we only had the one pick and really didn't punish any of the receivers on their big receptions. That needs to change.