PDA

View Full Version : Aaaahhhggg,,,,, I,,,, can't,,,,take,,,, it,,,,

grandllama
11-01-2004, 05:48 PM
What,,,,,,,meeting,,,,,,,did,,,i,,,,,misss,,,,when,,,,it,,,,was,,,,decided,,,,to
,,,,,use,,,,commas,,,,,every,,,,,,farking,,,,,place,,,,,

IS,,,,THERE,,,,A,,,WORLDWIDE,,,,SHORTAGE,,,,OF,,,, SPACES,,,, AND ,,, PERIODS,?,?,?,?

FAX,,,,STATED,,,,EARLIER,,,THAT,,,A,,,,,,,,,,, COMMA,,
IS,,,,,AN,,,,ACCEPTED,,,,,,,,,,,PUNCTUATION,,,,,BUT,,,,I,,,,DON'T,,,,
REMEMBER,,,,,EVER,,,,PUTTING,,,,,,MORE,,,THAN,,,,ONE,,,, IN,,,, A,,,,
ROW,,,,,

JEZUS,,,,,
THE,,,,,ONLY,,,,THING,,,,MORE,,,,AGGRAVATING,,,, AND ,,,,, DIFFICULT,,,,,,TO,,,,,READ,, ,,,WOULD,,,,BE,,
TO,,,,,TYPE,,,,IN,,,,ALL,,,,,,,CAPS,,,,,

I,,,,WANT,,,,A,,,,GLOBAL,,,,COMMA,,,,IGNORE,,,,FEATURE,,,,PLEASE?,,,?

THAT,,,,,IS,,,,ALL,,,,

David.
I donno, but it drives me nuts too

ChiefsFire

grandllama
11-01-2004, 05:50 PM
I snorted when I read the thread title.

A,,,,,,,PIP3,,,,,,IS,,,,,,M,UCH,,,,MORE,,,,EFFICIENT,,,,DELIVER,,,Y,,,,METHUD

CosmicPal
11-01-2004, 05:53 PM
I,,,,hear,,,,ya,,,

Pants
11-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I bitched about it too. I'd just like her to explain to us all the reason why she uses all those commas... it's annoying as hell.

Ultra Peanut
11-01-2004, 05:55 PM
A,,,,,,,PIP3,,,,,,IS,,,,,,M,UCH,,,,MORE,,,,EFFICIENT,,,,DELIVER,,,Y,,,,METHUDThat,,,,is,,,very,,,ver y,,,good,,,advice,,,,,,,,,,dude.

grandllama
11-01-2004, 05:56 PM
Yeah, I bitched about it too. I'd just like her to explain to us all the reason why she uses all those commas... it's annoying as hell.

bUT,,,,,oTHER,,,,ppL,,,HaVE,,,StARtED,,,,,DOING,,,,IT,,,TOO,,,,,

IT,,,,REALLY,,,,,SUX,,,,,

Boy its even a pain in the ass to type that way. I could excuse the guy whose keyboard was broke last year and was waiting on the driver disk, but geesh.

sparkky
11-01-2004, 05:59 PM
I'm thinking some here may be on their periods now!!!

Pants
11-01-2004, 05:59 PM
bUT,,,,,oTHER,,,,ppL,,,HaVE,,,StARtED,,,,,DOING,,,,IT,,,TOO,,,,,

IT,,,,REALLY,,,,,SUX,,,,,

Boy its even a pain in the ass to type that way. I could excuse the guy whose keyboard was broke last year and was waiting on the driver disk, but geesh.

Poeple only used ,,,,, in a sarcastic way, as far as I know that is.

grandllama
11-01-2004, 06:00 PM

not,,,,,me,,,,,check,,,,,my,,,,,avitar,,,,,

Pants
11-01-2004, 06:01 PM

Shit I guess using ,,,,, is a Texas thing. Damn dude.

Phobia
11-01-2004, 06:07 PM
The commas don't bother me. She does.

|Zach|
11-01-2004, 06:33 PM
I once spoke out about how the commas are annoying and I was told through private channels that I was hateful.

On a side note does anyone remember when Jamie's keybaord didn't work right and he had to use underscores as a substitute for his space bar.

grandllama
11-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Please don't make me.

Ok, its different. Better?

grandllama
11-01-2004, 06:54 PM
I once spoke out about how the commas are annoying and I was told through private channels that I was hateful.

On a side note does anyone remember when Jamie's keybaord didn't work right and he had to use underscores as a substitute for his space bar.

Yeah, the one in particular I bitched at last night gave me my first neg rep in over a year.... (that is not an invite!) :banghead:

Bowser
11-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Yeah, the one in particular I bitched at last night gave me my first neg rep in over a year.... (that is not an invite!) :banghead:

Must....avoid........neg repping................grandllama............trying............

grandllama
11-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Must....avoid........neg repping................grandllama............trying............

hell, the new avi alone oughta be worth pos rep ;)

Bowser
11-01-2004, 06:58 PM
hell, the new avi alone oughta be worth pos rep ;)

What the hell is that? It's moving too fast to make out.............

teedubya
11-01-2004, 07:01 PM
How To Create an Ellipsis

Elliptical periods, more commonly called an ellipsis, indicate the omission of text or an interruption or hesitation. While it is quite common to use three periods, the more typographically desirable way to insert an ellipsis is to use the ellipsis character available in most fonts or create a custom ellipsis. In both cases, some finetuning of your ellipses is often necessary.

Difficulty: Average

Here's How:

1. Most fonts have a built-in ellipsis character. Create an ellipsis with Option-semicolon (Mac) or ALT 0133 (Windows) — hold the ALT key and type 0133 on the numeric keypad. However, it generally will need adjusting for best appearance.

2. Some designers prefer to create their own ellipses in order to more fully control the spacing. Use periods with thin spaces between the periods. No space is too little, a full space is too much for typeset text.

3. Use periods with full spaces but use kerning or tracking to reduce the spacing. Use the non-breaking space feature of your software to keep from having these custom ellipses break mid-character at the end of lines.

4. Because the ellipsis character in a font spaces out the periods more than using three individual periods, if the elliptical periods are followed by another period it may be necessary in some fonts to kern the ellipsis and the period or other ending punctuation to achieve uniform spacing.

5. If necessary, kern the ellipsis (from the font or custom-created) and the characters preceding and following it to add a small amount of space. Don't use the space bar, that is usually too much space.

6. In HTML, use & #0133; for … (ampersand-no space, pound sign, number, semi-colon) or the Unicode numeric entity of & #8230; (no spaces). Although many sites forgo curly quotes and other special characters, using the ellipsis character on a Web page can help prevent instances of having the periods show up on separate lines when viewers resize browser windows since it is a single character.

Tips:

1. All this attention to carefully spacing an ellipsis may seem like overkill. For body text it may well be for most publications. However, for best appearance always use carefully crafted ellipses within display size text such as headlines and pull-quotes.

2. Refer to the instructions for your specific software on how to insert thin spaces and non-breaking spaces.

3. Some people believe an ellipsis is actually four periods. That fourth period is not part of the ellipsis. It's a separate punctuation mark, sometimes called for, sometimes not. An ellipsis is not five, six, seven or more periods.

4. The classic ellipsis is actually four spaces separated by three periods. The space at the beginning or end provides spacing between the ellipsis character and preceding or following text, including punctuation.

5. Ellipses is the plural for ellipsis...

… [ALT-0133]

grandllama
11-01-2004, 07:03 PM
What the hell is that? It's moving too fast to make out.............

that's the point (i think)

Bowser
11-01-2004, 07:05 PM
that's the point (i think)

It looks like the Man Show, and some titty monster getting sprayed in the cans, but I'm not sure.

Of coure, that could be just what I WANT to see!!

grandllama
1. Most fonts have a built-in ellipsis character. Create an ellipsis with Option-semicolon (Mac) or ALT 0133 (Windows) — hold the ALT key and type 0133 on the numeric keypad. However, it generally will need adjusting for best appearance.

Like this? …

grandllama
It looks like the Man Show, and some titty monster getting sprayed in the cans, but I'm not sure.

Of coure, that could be just what I WANT to see!!

Actually close, but its Stanley Spudowski's Playhouse

Slayer Diablo
11-01-2004, 07:51 PM
i,,,,DoN,L,,,,G3L,,,L|-|i$,,,,P3iL|-|3R?,,,?,,,?,?,,,cOmMa,,,$p3|_.|_inG,,,i$,,dUH,,,$uX0r,

U,,kNoW,,,L|-|^L,,,W^$,,,^,,,,$|\|^p?!//.!,,,~?

LRicK,,0r.,,..Lr3^L????!!!! >[\\\]<

grandllama
11-01-2004, 08:44 PM
ROFL YES!! You found the marble in the oatmeal!!

at least somebody got it :)

grandllama
11-01-2004, 08:47 PM
WTF, Bowser? You've never seen UHF?

You're dead to me. :harumph:

No, I believe the perfect quote is …

"YOU'RE SO STUUUUUUUUPIIIIIIDDDDDDD"

Bowser
11-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Dammit! I can't even come back with a witty reply!

Guess I'll have to go find a copy somewhere. One question, is that a Wierd Al flick? Sounds familiar...........

grandllama
11-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Dammit! I can't even come back with a witty reply!

Guess I'll have to go find a copy somewhere. One question, is that a Wierd Al flick? Sounds familiar...........

The ONLY Weird Al flick ROFL

Iowanian
11-01-2004, 10:02 PM
someone had better inform Dav,id

BigRedChief
11-01-2004, 10:07 PM

Hey he offered me a beer tailgating on sunday so cut him some slack,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no wait a mintue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that was Saulbadguy! Go ahead neg rep away.:p