PDA

View Full Version : Is This Dude His Son In Law???

kczoo
11-01-2004, 07:52 PM
“I thought Eric Hicks had maybe his best game rushing the passer. He had five knock-downs on (Manning). We knocked him around 11 times, but we couldn’t sack him. He’s such a good player and gets rid of that ball. But we did cause him to throw some balls inaccurately. Without that we might not have won the football game.

ROFL ROFL

ChiefsCountry
11-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Are you talking about Vermeil? Sometimes I wonder about him.

kczoo
11-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Yea...he never shuts up about Hicks....did he evn play?

wutamess
11-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Are you guys on crack?

I've wanted nothing more all of last week than to have Peyton on the ground as much as possible... even if it meant getting an 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalty just for the chance to make him FEAR our defense.

Now, I know those hits weren't sacks but they were HUGE in making Peyton get happy feet for fear of being hit on every single play.

There was nothing at the game that made me happier than to see Peyton get hit on the jumbotrons after some of his throws. Hicks had his best game of the season by far and IMO led the defense in his effort to get inside of the assholes head.

I guarantee if Peyton would've remained untouched that first half, Some of those poorly thrown balls would've hit their target. You get his ass on the ground a couple of times and he KNOWS it's going to be a freaking battle. Which I'm willing to bet he wants no parts of.

~No problem with Hicks play at all in this one.

Pants
11-01-2004, 09:29 PM
kczoo is known for talking shit on DV. Even if there is nothing to warrant it.

milkman
11-03-2004, 09:55 AM
Eric Hicks had his best game in quite some time against the Colts.
I'm hoping that is the first of a resurgence for him.

Of course Dick is going to like Hicks.
He is the very definition of, the poster boy for the "Character guy" that Dick looks for.
But in this game, the praise was warranted.

Gaz
11-03-2004, 10:23 AM
He played well. The Chiefs put pressure on Manning and forced several bad throws. Hicks was a big part of that.

Put aside the Hicks hatred and give him props for a good game.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thought the D did as well as could be asked against the Colts.

LTownChief
11-03-2004, 10:49 AM
coaches see things differently than fans, come on. Most fans only care about stats, 5 knockdowns is pretty good, but to most fans if a knockdown isn't a sack than it's worthless