PDA

View Full Version : The Informal Planet Presidential Election Poll

The Rick
11-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Did you vote today? Let's see how the Planet crowd matches up with what the rest of the country thinks. Who did you vote for today?

Please vote for who you voted for or for who you intend to vote for.

Also, I don't want this to become a political bashing thread that gets banished to the D.C. forum so please, no political bantering. This poll is simply to see how the Planet stacks up to the rest of the country.

Mark M
11-02-2004, 09:59 AM
This should be pretty one-sided ...

MM
~~:)

ROYC75
11-02-2004, 10:06 AM
No brainer here, Bush.

The Rick
11-02-2004, 10:09 AM
This should be pretty one-sided ...

MM
I don't know, it's 50/50 right now...

teedubya
11-02-2004, 10:09 AM
No brainer here, Bush.

heh... yeah, the "No-Brain" demographic is voting for Bush. And since you are a no-brainer... heh... sorry couldnt resist such a beautiful opening.

Mark M
11-02-2004, 10:11 AM
I don't know, it's 50/50 right now...

Well, as soon as everyone peeks in here from the DC forum that'll change.

MM

DaKCMan AP
11-02-2004, 10:13 AM
This poll is simply to see how the Planet stacks up to the rest of the country.

When its all said and done on this board it will be 2:1 in favor of bush

teedubya
11-02-2004, 10:15 AM
When its all said and done on this board it will be 2:1 in favor of bush

so you are saying that 2 out of every three planeteers are idiot sheep? Wow.

Tinlar
11-02-2004, 10:15 AM
I vote ticket republican ... so I guess I'll put Bush here.

The Rick
11-02-2004, 10:16 AM
Stop trying to get my thread moved to the D.C. forum, Kerry-lover! :)

ROYC75
11-02-2004, 10:18 AM
heh... yeah, the "No-Brain" demographic is voting for Bush. And since you are a no-brainer... heh... sorry couldnt resist such a beautiful opening.

To spin this is to say you act like a Donkey fan ? :p

Sorry, couldn't resist such a beautiful opening ! ROFL

DaKCMan AP
11-02-2004, 10:19 AM

Not my words. But I wont deny the charges, either :D

Braincase
11-02-2004, 10:21 AM
I voted for Rain Man. I'm most disappointed that a Planet poll does't have a Rain Man option, or the obligatory Gaz option. I'm quite confident that either gentleman has more intellect and wisdom than either candidate.

htismaqe
11-02-2004, 10:26 AM
Hey, the Rick, we're in the process of getting a court order.

It seems that you have left both Ralph Nader and Michael Badnarik off of the ballot...

The Rick
11-02-2004, 10:37 AM
Hey, the Rick, we're in the process of getting a court order.

It seems that you have left both Ralph Nader and Michael Badnarik off of the ballot...
:)

Yeah, I realized that after I created the poll. Anyone know how to edit a poll so I can add those options? I'd hate to deny GoChiefs his right to vote for Michael Badnarik...

BIG_DADDY
11-02-2004, 10:41 AM
Badnarik

htismaqe
11-02-2004, 10:42 AM
I changed the poll for you.

B_D, did you already vote for someone and want to change your vote? Because I can do that too...

The Rick
11-02-2004, 10:43 AM
I changed the poll for you.

B_D, did you already vote for someone and want to change your vote? Because I can do that too...
Thanks!

Ghostof
11-02-2004, 11:05 AM
This is the most rigged poll ever.

Kerry should win hands down.

Bush is a draft dodger...Kerry wins purple hearts

I wonder how many alternate logins each person has here that will log in their vote.

If you had the moderators keeping track of IP addresses, then it may be a little more legit.

The Rick
11-02-2004, 11:10 AM

I wonder how many alternate logins each person has here that will log in their vote.

If you had the moderators keeping track of IP addresses, then it may be a little more legit.
Umm, okay dude...chill.

Maybe it's time for you to go back to your post at some real voting location watching for any funny business going on there. :hmmm:

penguinz
11-02-2004, 11:13 AM
I vote ticket republican ... so I guess I'll put Bush here.
Why even vote if you plan on putting no thought into it?

Mark M
11-02-2004, 11:14 AM

You are obviously new here ...

MM
~~:shake:

Hammock Parties
11-02-2004, 11:20 AM
I didn't vote. Bush will win Texas by a landslide.

HolmeZz
11-02-2004, 11:23 AM
A lot closer than I thought it'd be.

ROYC75
11-02-2004, 11:25 AM

Leave it to newbie to be uninformed of the facts .

BTW, what was Clinton compaired to Old man Bush on military records ? Or for that matter, even Bob Doles military services ?

Wanna blow some more ?

Tinlar
11-02-2004, 11:26 AM
I didn't vote. Bush will win Texas by a landslide.

God I hope you are right... I live in Austin surrounded by liberals and some times I wonder how strong his hold is on this state. I often forget that if you leave austin by more than 10 miles in any direction it gets pretty conservative.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2004, 11:28 AM
God I hope you are right... I live in Austin surrounded by liberals and some times I wonder how strong his hold is on this state. I often forget that if you leave austin by more than 10 miles in any direction it gets pretty conservative.

Bush will EASILY win Texas. I would have actually voted for the first time ever if I thought there was a chance he wouldn't.

Austin's just a liberal punkass tree-huggin hippie college town. :p

Hammock Parties
11-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Leave it to newbie to be uninformed of the facts .

BTW, what was Clinton compaired to Old man Bush on military records ? Or for that matter, even Bob Doles military services ?

Wanna blow some more ?

You aren't kidding. I'm a political n00b and even I know of how dubious Kerry's purple hearts are. I stumped my toe after 3 months! Give me three purple hearts and send me home! Waaah! :deevee:

Ghostof
11-02-2004, 11:39 AM
I'm not even registered to vote and wont be voting this year.

I just like stirring the pot.

patteeu
11-02-2004, 12:20 PM

Go create some of your own and knock yourself out if it means that much to you.

Shocking! Another Sore Loserman claiming that the vote must be rigged if it doesn't go the way she wants.

Looks like we have another lame Jayhawker here. Is the supply never exhausted? :D

J Diddy
11-02-2004, 12:28 PM
I'm not even registered to vote and wont be voting this year.

I just like stirring the pot.

You got no right to stir jack shit.

People died to give you the right your pissing away.

To proudly proclaim it is ignorant.

Ghostof
11-02-2004, 12:37 PM

Well, number one...my vote doesnt matter.

and

number two...I dont like either candidate

and

number three...its my right to vote or not to vote, who the hell are you to tell me what is wrong or right?>

Ghostof
11-02-2004, 12:38 PM
Go create some of your own and knock yourself out if it means that much to you.

Shocking! Another Sore Loserman claiming that the vote must be rigged if it doesn't go the way she wants.

Looks like we have another lame Jayhawker here. Is the supply never exhausted? :D

Just because I live in Lawrence doesnt make me a Jayhawker.

J Diddy
11-02-2004, 12:44 PM

and

and

number three...its my right to vote or not to vote, who the hell are you to tell me what is wrong or right?>

1) that's a pretty dumb statement
2)write in a candidate

3)I am a citizen who did my civic duty, I spoke my peace at the ballot box. You did nothing. That's who the hell I am.

patteeu
11-02-2004, 12:49 PM

So, are you a jayhawker?

ROYC75
11-02-2004, 01:04 PM
So, are you a jayhawker?

Hey, watch it. He might need for Big Jay to take him under his wing and guide him for awhile ! :) :KU:

Braincase
11-02-2004, 01:23 PM

He's a K-Stater sneaking in to Allen Fieldhouse to see how a real basketball team does things... ah, I should take that back. Wildcat women do pretty well.

Hydrae
11-02-2004, 01:37 PM
I voted Badnarik a week ago. Early voting rocks! :thumb:

And I am in Texas so I know it is a throw away vote but at least it is a chance to vote for someone instead of taking the "lesser of two evils".

JimNasium
11-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Your chad is hanging.

bsp4444
11-02-2004, 01:51 PM
After viewing the results, I thought (or was hoping) it might be a little closer. If your team isn't getting it done, it's time to change quarterbacks, and Bush did not significantly impress me even though he had the benefit of a Republican House and Senate.

Lzen
11-02-2004, 02:11 PM
After viewing the results, I thought (or was hoping) it might be a little closer. If your team isn't getting it done, it's time to change quarterbacks, and Bush did not significantly impress me even though he had the benefit of a Republican House and Senate.

Umm, I know this is not supposed to turn into political thing but, I can't help but straighten out this ignorance with facts. Ok, I take that back, I don't know the precise facts. But I do know that several bills, judge appointments, etc. were blocked in the Senate by Democrats. So, you statement is pure ignorance.

old_geezer
11-02-2004, 02:12 PM
I give J Diddy rep for post #31. It is your responsibility as a citizen of the United States to participate in the election of your government. If you don't like the candidates, vote for the one who most closely represents the ideas you believe it. It's really not hard.

Ghostof
11-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Ok, honestly, I voted already. For a tuesday, you guys sure are mean, and this is coming off a hella good game that the Chiefs won.

I will be glad when the election is over and you guys arent so brutal.

RedNFeisty
11-02-2004, 03:00 PM
I voted Kerry Baby!! Say what you will, it does not matter to me, I am happy and content with my choice!

Lzen
11-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Say what you will, it does not matter to me, I am happy and content with my choice!

And that is all that matters.
:thumb:

Despite the fact that your choice is a low life, scumbag, career politician. :p

Ultra Peanut
11-02-2004, 03:15 PM
so you are saying that 2 out of every three planeteers are idiot sheep? Wow."Baa baa baa," said the sheep about the group of sheep on the other side of the hill.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-02-2004, 03:15 PM
I voted Kerry Baby!! Say what you will, it does not matter to me, I am happy and content with my choice!
I always have liked you...

kc rush
11-02-2004, 03:56 PM
I voted for the right person, and anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot :p

Straight, No Chaser
11-02-2004, 04:00 PM
What, only 121 votes so far and there is like 4000+ members... very low turn out.

KC Jones
11-02-2004, 04:02 PM
What, only 121 votes so far and there is like 4000+ members... very low turn out.

I sent out 3000 absentee ballots :)

FloridaChief
11-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Just got back from the polling precinct minutes ago. Surprisingly, not a long line--guess I got there at the right time.

I voted for Kerry in what was certainly the toughest Presidential decision I ever had to make. Probably would've voted for Badnarik if the Libertarian party had a snowball's chance of winning.

ChiefsCountry
11-02-2004, 04:09 PM
I voted for Bush.

The Rick
11-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Here's a cool little tidbit from Peter King. Kudos to Kelvin Pritchett! :thumb:
Time out.

Before I tell you what we learned in Week 8, let me share an Election Day anecdote. And everyone who follows the NFL and plays in it should know the story of veteran Detroit defensive tackle Kelvin Pritchett, who thinks voting is so important that when his Florida absentee ballot didn't arrive in Detroit in time for him to vote Monday, Pritchett got on a plane in Detroit and flew to Jacksonville so he could cast his ballot.

Kelvin Pritchett is my player of the week.

"It's very important, simply because so many people have lost their lives and they fought for the right to vote," Pritchett said. "Your grandparents, your forefathers, didn't have that right. In order to gain that right, they fought for it. I feel like it's up to me to carry on that tradition."

That's a $1,100 vote, by the way. That's about the cost of the cheapest Detroit-to-Jacksonville round-trip ticket bought so close to flying time without staying over a Saturday night.

I'm not speechless. But it's close. This is the man the NFL should be holding up as a role model, the man who should be doing commercials.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/peter_king/11/02/mmqbte/index.html

DaKCMan AP
11-02-2004, 04:17 PM

ChiefFripp
11-02-2004, 04:26 PM
I voted on italian sausage and extra cheese for my pizza tonight.

I didn't even get an "I voted in Johnson County" sticker when it was delivered. ;)

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-02-2004, 04:48 PM
Wow...only a five vote lead for Bush on this poll right now.....maybe there's hope for this place after all...

BIG_DADDY
11-02-2004, 04:50 PM
I always have liked you...

Asslicker

Tinlar
11-02-2004, 04:54 PM

Rep

You have lots of rights in the country, probably too damned many but its your civic duty to vote. People that don't vote make me sick.

ChiefFripp
11-02-2004, 05:01 PM
This is truly football country, I was shocked to see 'Priest Holmes' on the ballot. This will surely go over as well as the whole chad incident in Florida.

DeepSouth
11-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Has to be voter fraud here. No way that many people actually voted for Kerry.

Logical
11-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Here's a cool little tidbit from Peter King. Kudos to Kelvin Pritchett! :thumb:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/peter_king/11/02/mmqbte/index.html:clap:

Tinlar
11-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Has to be voter fraud here. No way that many people actually voted for Kerry.

It's only close enough that the panty waists will call for a recount when they don't get their way. Nothing we haven't seen before. In the end the majority will still win.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-02-2004, 05:18 PM
I'm just curious to see how many new members we have today? Used to be able to search by sign-up date, but that option seems to have disappeared.

jAZ
11-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Wow! This poll is as revealing any exit poll.

If Kerry can keep it close here on the (Conservative) Planet, he will probably win in the real world.

morphius
11-02-2004, 05:23 PM
I thought it was intresting everyone was talking about the lines they had to wait through, and I got to my voting place just before noon and had to wait for one guy to sign his name, then signed mine and voted. Wasn't there for more then 5 minutes, and most of that was out of confusion because my address on my license doesn't match my home address, but that was easily rectified.

Very smooth.

listopencil
11-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Asslicker

Yes, but I've heard that she has a really nice ass.

Rausch
11-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Would an official "Who's winning the elections" thread be too political for the main forum?

I don't care to hear what people think about who's elected, just an info thread on who has won (or is assumed to have won.)

Logical
11-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Would an official "Who's winning the elections" thread be too political for the main forum?

I don't care to hear what people think about who's elected, just an info thread on who has won (or is assumed to have won.)

I think there are plenty of threads on the subject in the DC forum. On the other hand would one more hurt.;)

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2004, 05:35 PM
MODS???

Can we get a breakdown of this vote.....how many of these votes are people who've registered in the last week or two? Any "multiple" usernames?

I suspect there is shenanigans going on.... :hmmm:

Logical
11-02-2004, 05:37 PM
MODS???

Can we get a breakdown of this vote.....how many of these votes are people who've registered in the last week or two? Any "multiple" usernames?

I suspect there is shenanigans going on.... :hmmm:Does it really matter, who cares?

Heck you could probably vote 5 times.;)

irishjayhawk
11-02-2004, 05:38 PM
I would probably side with the Republicans on alot of issues, however, since Mr. Bush is not a very good candidate, I cannot vote for him. To me he is a complete idiot.

Kerry would get my vote, since they other parties don't stand a chance. However, Badnarik is a very good alternative. Infact, he & Nader would be a better election.

Rausch
11-02-2004, 05:38 PM
I think there are plenty of threads on the subject in the DC forum. On the other hand would one more hurt.;)

I'm not going in that $#ithole...

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Does it really matter, who cares?

Heck you could probably vote 5 times.;)

Actually, eight times.... :)

ChiefFripp
11-02-2004, 05:42 PM
I thought it was intresting everyone was talking about the lines they had to wait through, and I got to my voting place just before noon and had to wait for one guy to sign his name, then signed mine and voted. Wasn't there for more then 5 minutes, and most of that was out of confusion because my address on my license doesn't match my home address, but that was easily rectified.

Very smooth.

I was in and out in 3 minutes. Absentee balloting has really thinned the herd in Yuppieville.

Rausch
11-02-2004, 05:42 PM
Infact, he & Nader would be a better election.

Nader is a complete ****ing lunatic...

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Actually, eight times.... :)
So, eight of those Bush votes are yours...well then it's much closer then isn't it????

RedNFeisty
11-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Asslicker

You hush when he is talking to me!! :p

jAZ
11-02-2004, 05:47 PM
MODS???

I suspect there is shenanigans going on.... :hmmm:
I only voted once, if that helps clear things up.

Mr. Kotter
11-02-2004, 06:22 PM
So, eight of those Bush votes are yours...well then it's much closer then isn't it????

No, I only voted once.... :p

Inspector
11-02-2004, 06:28 PM

and

and

There's more than one candidate, d!ckhead.

Oh wait, sorry about the name. I try not to do that. It was just a slip.

Sorry d!ckhead.

Inspector
11-02-2004, 06:33 PM

Very smooth.

I stood in line for almost 1.5 hours. Went in at about 10 am.

You got lucky.

Hel'n
11-02-2004, 06:35 PM
I only voted once, if that helps clear things up.

Same here...

Rausch
11-02-2004, 06:40 PM
Same here...

Phobia
11-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Wow! This poll is as revealing any exit poll.

If Kerry can keep it close here on the (Conservative) Planet, he will probably win in the real world.

Actually, I don't think ChiefsPlanet is as conservative as you believe. Certainly, it used to be, but that time is history. I think it's pretty close to even, IMO.

Skip Towne
11-02-2004, 06:46 PM
I stood in line for almost 1.5 hours. Went in at about 10 am.

You got lucky.
I wouldn't wait 1.5 minutes.

VonneMarie
11-02-2004, 06:47 PM
I only had to wait about 45 mins.

Rausch
11-02-2004, 06:47 PM

Communist...

Hel'n
11-02-2004, 07:03 PM
I find the 12 votes for Badnarik very interestng...

Raiderhater
11-02-2004, 07:07 PM
Actually, I don't think ChiefsPlanet is as conservative as you believe. Certainly, it used to be, but that time is history. I think it's pretty close to even, IMO.

I'm glad to see someone else say this.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-02-2004, 07:10 PM
Only took me about three minutes to vote. Course, I went to the polls at 1pm. Pretty light turnout while I was there.

Phobia
11-02-2004, 07:15 PM

I was there a total of 1.5 minutes.

Raiderhater
11-02-2004, 07:16 PM
I stood in line for about 5 minutes. I was out of there in 8-10. A couple of minutes more if you count the survey I took afterwords.

It was cake.

grandllama
11-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Nader is a complete ****ing lunatic...

yep:thumb:

grandllama
11-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Ok, honestly, I voted already. For a tuesday, you guys sure are mean, and this is coming off a hella good game that the Chiefs won.

I will be glad when the election is over and you guys arent so brutal.

Eh, don't think of it as being mean... left, middle, or right.... democrat, libertarian, or republican, the folks on this board are pretty united when it comes to performing your civic duty.

But for those who do go off spouting the lines you brought up:

a) As hard as it is to fathom, one vote means everything

b) Around here, there were four folks plus a write in spot for president

c) If you don't vote, you waive any and all rights to bitch (or praise)about the way the country is being ran for the next four years.

Hel'n
11-02-2004, 07:28 PM

Chiefs Pantalones
11-02-2004, 07:47 PM
I voted because I didn't want P. Diddy to hunt me down and kill me.

Raiderhater
11-02-2004, 07:50 PM
I voted because I didn't want P. Diddy to hunt me down and kill me.

LOL! I was watching South Park the other night and they were making fun of that. Funny as hell.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-02-2004, 07:54 PM
LOL! I was watching South Park the other night and they were making fun of that. Funny as hell.

I was making conversation with these old people today and I can't believe they haven't heard of my chosen candidate that I wrote in my ballot, the Douche.

Raiderhater
11-02-2004, 07:58 PM
I was making conversation with these old people today and I can't believe they haven't heard of my chosen candidate that I wrote in my ballot, the Douche.

ROFL

Rain Man
11-02-2004, 08:08 PM
We shouldn't be doing a poll like this. We should do the poll by state, and then apply Chiefsplanet electoral votes.

stumppy
11-02-2004, 08:19 PM
We shouldn't be doing a poll like this. We should do the poll by state, and then apply Chiefsplanet electoral votes.

Well.......................

Get started on it Master Poll Maker.

LiL stumppy
11-02-2004, 09:48 PM
I voted for Bush in my school election :)

ChiefFripp
11-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Why would somebody vote twice? This is a meaningless poll, isn't its only purpose to get a meaningful read on The planet's preference?