PDA

View Full Version : 2004-2005 NBA Season starting TONIGHT!!!

Blitz
11-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Well, the NBA season is starting, wanted to make a thread for all the hoop fans here as well. Here are my Predictions:

Eastern Confierence
1.Detroit Pistons - Champs..nuff said
2.Miami Heat - Shaq, Wade....nuff said
3.Philly - Iverson is healthy, Igoudala is a nice rookie...deep bench
4.Indy - would be 2nd but play in same division as pistons
5.Orlando - sleeper pick...Francis, Howard, Hill, Mobley ...very deep team...may move to KC (Kansas City Magic????)
6.Toronto - my team, with Alston and Araujo they got the necessary pieces to compete...Vince will play amazing because he wants to bring up his trade value
7.Cleveland - the season of Lebron...he will enter the Superstar level (Garnett, Duncan, Kobe, Tmac and Shaq)
8.Boston - Pierce and payton, along with the rest of east being crappy should get them in.

Western Conference
1.San Antonio - Duncan aka Mr. Roboto..is automatic from post to midrange
2.Minny - KG should take them this far by himself
3.Sacramento - Core is still there..now they dont have the Lakers to worry about
4.Denver - Carmelo and Kenyon Martin ...nice 1-2 combo
5.Dallas - as long as Dirk is there they should make playoffs
6.Houston - Tmac and Yao..it will take for them to gel but playoff time...watch out
7.Memphis - 10 deep team..their bench is as good as their starting lineup..in a good of course.
8.Phoenix - Marion, Steve Nash, Stoudemire, JOe Johnson and Quentin Richardson...most fun team to watch

MVP: Duncan
Scoring: Kobe...no brainer
Defense: Kirlenko
6th man: Donyell Marshall
Coach: Sam Mitchell, Raptors
Rookie: Emeka Okafor

What are your predictions on the upcoming season?

JimNasium
11-02-2004, 02:28 PM
*Yawn*

Blitz
11-02-2004, 02:32 PM
Is there a sport you watch besides Football?

Baseball....I'd rather watch paint dry
Hockey....its just gay
College BBall....watchin 6'2 SF clang jumpshots of the front of the rim is fun...my ASS
College Football....too many damn teams, who gives a ****

ptlyon
11-02-2004, 02:33 PM
Jesus Christ... Already?

JimNasium
11-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Jesus Christ... Already?
And it seems to go on until July. Don't 3/4 of the teams make the playoffs or something?

Spott
11-02-2004, 02:36 PM
I only watch college b-ball, even though MU basketball has been as bad to watch lately as the NBA.

Blitz
11-02-2004, 02:38 PM
16 out of 30...First round is kinda boring because the elite 8 teams absolutely kill the other 8, but from the 2nd round on...its the 2nd best playoffs in all of sports (AND NO baseball playoffs aren't great, it was just Yankees vs. BoSox, no one gave a damn when Anaheim was in the playoffs or when the Braves were on) besides NFL playoffs sans the Super Bowl...usually wreaks of crapiness

MOhillbilly
11-02-2004, 02:40 PM
:Lin:

SPchief
11-02-2004, 02:40 PM
pro bball is :lame: :P

Blitz
11-02-2004, 02:44 PM
I can see many of y'all don't like pro ball..I guess you might change your mind once the NBA comes to your city.
By the way, College Ball sucks ball...its a bunch of 6'2 to 6'6 players who can shoot and the only reason their in the NCAA is because their not good enough to be in the NBA.

But thats my opinon, anything different from Hockey is good for me. NOW thats a Lame sport...ice hockey *shakes head in disgust*

BigRedChief
11-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Nothing to see here.:shrug: Move along ZZZ

JimNasium
I'll take some grief for this but I actually enjoy watching women's college basketball. It's a purer form of the game and is much more like the game was originally played than the slamma-jamma type of ball that's prevalent in the men's game of today.

cadmonkey
I wish they locked out the NBA and not the NHL. Not that I like the NHL or anything, its just I could easily go down to the park at the end of my street and watch the same talent level down there as they have in the league right now.

All they play is pick up basketball now. What ever happened to structured offensive plays?

1punkyQB
11-02-2004, 02:48 PM
After their showing in the Olympics, I'll wait until shooting and defense return to the NBA. As for college ball, at least the players seem to care and the Final Four is the most exciting postseason in sports.

BigRedChief
11-02-2004, 02:49 PM
Hockey is gay? Who knew. :hmmm:

RealSNR
11-02-2004, 03:00 PM
Hockey is gay. Yeah right. Those are hockey sticks they use, not giant dildos

I'm a TWolves fan, btw. If any other NBA team is on, I don't really care, and won't watch it.

BIG_DADDY
11-02-2004, 03:08 PM
I will miss Hockey more than ever being a Lakers fan.

Blitz
11-02-2004, 03:13 PM
I hope Hockey goes bankrupt so us Canadian would have more choice. In 30 min sports show, 26 mins of it are analysis on Columbus versus Nashville Predators...who gives a F**K, the rest of the mins are split between NBA and NFL.

Saulbadguy
11-02-2004, 03:14 PM
I usually only watch the NBA during the playoffs. If nothing else is on i'll watch the game, or put it on as background noise. I like the Pacers, but right now they are riddled with injuries, which sucks.

If KC got an NBA team i'd hop right on that bandwagon, and i'd definately watch alot more NBA.

WebGem
11-02-2004, 03:16 PM
The NBA is not a sport. It is a tragedy that there is no hockey.

Blitz
11-02-2004, 03:16 PM
I said the same thing, as I was a die-hard hockey fan but once NBA came to town, I switched over and never looked back. Now this and the NFL are the only 2 leagues I follow.

Blitz
11-02-2004, 03:17 PM
People love Hockey in here? I' thought Americans Hate Hockey, maybe its just Midwest and Southern Americans like it...but what do i know

ChiefsCountry
11-02-2004, 04:22 PM
I hope the Kings move back.

Swanman
11-02-2004, 04:26 PM
Jesus Christ... Already?

I though they were still in the first round of their playoffs.

RealSNR
11-02-2004, 05:24 PM
People love Hockey in here? I' thought Americans Hate Hockey, maybe its just Midwest and Southern Americans like it...but what do i knowI live in Hockeyville, USA, where the COLLEGE team as a $140 million hockey arena.

Late in the winter time when I"m not busy, I'll go to the Ralph Engelstad Arena and watch some tough, phyical, hockey.

Calcountry
11-02-2004, 05:51 PM
ZZZ

Sure-Oz
11-02-2004, 05:53 PM
If we get a team i may have interest, i haven't had any since jordan and the bulls retired.

tk13
11-02-2004, 06:38 PM
I'd like to know the brain surgeon in the NBA league office who decided to start the season on the day of maybe the most important and most widely participated election of recent history.... that's certainly going to cut into their audience.

Rausch
11-02-2004, 06:48 PM
ZZZ

Over-Head
11-02-2004, 07:57 PM
NBA, hell nothing but a bunch of spoiled privileged college kids.
Hell, go to a few inner city courts where the dude’s hustle for a living at $100 a game, and you could find 10 guy’s who’d clean up any NBA team they played.

Blitz
11-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Thats why the best street player ever...Rafer Alston has been a career backup and 10-day contract player. Know your basketball stuff before talkin out of your ass.

OPChief
11-02-2004, 09:34 PM
My God, its pathetic that the NBA is starting already. Geez, give us a freaking break.

digi2fish
11-02-2004, 10:42 PM
NBA would be the most popular professional sports from U.S. in Taiwan.

NFL : most people don't get it at all
NHL : same as NFL
MLB : we have our own league, people are crazy about it although it sucks
NBA : we can't play basketball well but we like it, and people love to watch it

for me, I only watch NBA after the Super Bowl.

Miles
11-02-2004, 10:47 PM
Thats why the best street player ever...Rafer Alston has been a career backup and 10-day contract player. Know your basketball stuff before talkin out of your ass.

Street ball usually translates horribly into team BB but Suprisingly Alston adjusted more towards the team game last year. He got a fairly nice contract in the offseason.

Miles
11-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Im really glad the NBA is back. Gives me something to watch during the week between NFL games. Im a huge Rockets fan and im really looking foward to their season with the addition of TMac.