PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of you guys right now....

dtebbe
11-06-2004, 04:56 PM
Sitting here on the balcony.. watching the sun set... sipping a cold one...

Thinking of you.... NOT

DT

http://tko.cc/pix/tampa1.jpg

Donger
11-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Uh... well, apparently you are.

ROFL

KCWolfman
11-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Look another one of those gay promotion shots.

Nice rainbow, Dtebbe. More power to you and yours.

dtebbe
11-06-2004, 05:02 PM

You have a good point :) The mom & son are inside doing homework (who ever heard of homework in kindergarten??), so I'm killin' time.

DT

Jenson71
11-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Damn, and I thought it was nice here today. Actually, it was. But... I wanna vacation.

Jenny Gump
11-06-2004, 08:10 PM
A headhunter called me and offered me a chance to interview for a job in Tampa. Anyone ever lived there? Looks like a nice enough place.

teedubya
11-06-2004, 08:15 PM
tampa has GREAT strip clubs.

KcMizzou
11-06-2004, 08:16 PM
I'm at work.

Phobia
11-06-2004, 08:34 PM
A headhunter called me and offered me a chance to interview for a job in Tampa. Anyone ever lived there? Looks like a nice enough place.

You can't move to Tampa. We'd never see you.

Jenny Gump
11-06-2004, 08:40 PM
You can't move to Tampa. We'd never see you.

Hee hee, haw haw.

Otter
11-06-2004, 08:45 PM

My thoughts exactly.

CHIEFSFAN_NY
11-07-2004, 06:28 AM

I live just outside of Tampa. I'm taking my daughter to the game today. What do you want to know about Tampa? You mentioned a headhunter...are you a nurse? My wife is an RN and could fill you in about that. Do you have kids? The schools range from very good to very bad, depending on the neighborhood you live in. They pay scale blows down here, they pay you in sunshine, but if you're offered a good paying position, take it, because the weather is AWESOME year around.

Over-Head
11-07-2004, 06:47 AM

I used to run in and out of FL A LOT when I was trucking.
Tampa along with Clearwater were my 2 fav cities. (i'm kinda partial to the gulf side of FL anyway)
Other than the local NFLteam blowing goats, it's a great city :thumb:

Ultra Peanut
11-07-2004, 06:48 AM
We're so vain. We probably think this thread is about us.

FloridaChief
11-07-2004, 07:12 AM
We're so vain. We probably think this thread is about us.

Thanks alot. Now I gotta go dig that CD out and listen to that song...

Skip Towne
11-07-2004, 07:22 AM
Hee hee, haw haw.
Please take me with you.

Over-Head
11-07-2004, 07:23 AM
Thanks alot. Now I gotta go dig that CD out and listen to that song...

I'd rather be hung by nut-hooks

KCWolfman
11-07-2004, 09:57 AM
I live just outside of Tampa. I'm taking my daughter to the game today. What do you want to know about Tampa? You mentioned a headhunter...are you a nurse? My wife is an RN and could fill you in about that. Do you have kids? The schools range from very good to very bad, depending on the neighborhood you live in. They pay scale blows down here, they pay you in sunshine, but if you're offered a good paying position, take it, because the weather is AWESOME year around.
Yeah, if you like rain at 5:00 every afternoon due to extreme humidity.

I lived in Tampa for 3 years and hated it. The crime was horrible, traffic was bad, and the cost of living was much higher without bigger salaries to compensate. My gosh, the price for your water bill alone is ridiculous.

Indian Rocks Beach was fantastic (had a girlfriend that lived right on the beach), and people were nice enough, most are transplants who feel as out of place as you do (I think I met a total of 4 or 5 natives over the 3 years) and winter is nice. But the constant attention to guarding myself against crime and the cost of food, utilities, and rent outweighed the good IMO.