PDA

View Full Version : The Real Reason we lost.

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Its not LJ's fault.
It's not the defenses fault.
It's not on Sims, Hicks, Woods, or even our secondary.
We lost because of Turnovers when they counted most.

David.
11-07-2004, 03:44 PM
I agree completely, but you won't hear about it.

Baby Lee
11-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Its not LJ's fault.
It's not the defenses fault.
It's not on Sims, Hicks, Woods, or even our secondary.
We lost because of Turnovers when they counted most.
TrINT is back. Cost us the game against a suckass team today. Cost us the game against a suckass in the form of the Texans.

1adam1238
11-07-2004, 03:45 PM
I guess it doesn't matter that our defense rolled over and let them drive it home to us all day long?

Frankie
It's because Carl didn't bring in a couple of more FA D-players too.

KCJake
Good points, but we shouldn't have to score 35 points to win every single week.

the Talking Can
11-07-2004, 03:46 PM
we lost because our defense played worse than last year...

Baby Lee
11-07-2004, 03:46 PM
I guess it doesn't matter that our defense rolled over and let them drive it home to us all day long?
Not when they've been doing exactly that ever since the last quality person on the Chiefs D had a blood clot break loose.

Demonpenz
11-07-2004, 03:47 PM
maybe if the D could force a turnover once a year..

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 03:51 PM
TrINT is back. Cost us the game against a suckass team today. Cost us the game against a suckass in the form of the Texans.
I will forgive one. Poor protection caused the other. He still had more TDs than INTs too. Don't put this game on him for sure.

chief52
11-07-2004, 03:54 PM
It also helps that Tampa Bay played a better football game than the Chiefs. The Chiefs were actually lucky to be as close as they were going down the stretch. The Bucs took the game to the Chiefs and deserve the win.

ChiefFripp
11-07-2004, 03:57 PM
It was just an ugly game all around. Both teams looked bad to me but the turnovers just made it that much worse for us. I'm suprised we didn't get blown out really.

LiL stumppy
11-07-2004, 03:57 PM

Your retarded,you complaining about LJ,about Trent,one of TG INT wasn't his fault.He didn't do bad.So shut up

Skip Towne
11-07-2004, 03:58 PM
And, don't forget.......we suck.

Tribal Warfare
11-07-2004, 03:59 PM
All fingers point to Carl Peterson either way

Rausch
11-07-2004, 04:00 PM
And, don't forget.......we suck.

There's this correlation between teams that alwaysy find a way to win and teams that always find a way to lose....

Baby Lee
11-07-2004, 04:00 PM
Your retarded,you complaining about LJ,about Trent,one of TG INT wasn't his fault.He didn't do bad.So shut up
1. Both of those INTs were rookie sh!t.
2. I didn't say a fvcking word about LJ.
3. I'm sick to death of 'not to bad' being the best we can aspire to as fans.

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Youre a freaking retard. How is his arm getting hit as he throws rookie shit?

dirk digler
11-07-2004, 04:03 PM
While I agree the TO's hurt us just remember this little fact. In the 7 games TB has played the scored a combined 109 pts. Today they scored 34 pts and they doubled their average points scored.

ceebz
11-07-2004, 04:04 PM
You've gotta be kidding me. The defense just gave up 34 points to the Bucs, and people wanna hang this loss on Trent?

Morons.

That was Brian Griese and Michael Pittman lighting the Chiefs up today, BTW.....

Pathetic. Everyone on the defense should just give today's paycheck to charity. I think that was the worst I've ever seen them play.

the Talking Can
11-07-2004, 04:05 PM
let me guess, its the offense's fault?

jesus christ.....

Baby Lee
11-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Youre a freaking retard. How is his arm getting hit as he throws rookie shit?
I saw no replays of him getting his arm hit. I saw him throw down the middle late when Gonzo had broken outside. And the first INT? The way he was running prior to the throw, the guy who INTed HAD TO BE right in his line of sight. The guy was retreating to the spot, right on the line of sight to the [already covered anyway'] receiver.

Brock
11-07-2004, 04:06 PM

You're f*cked in the head.

Demonpenz
11-07-2004, 04:07 PM
i would have to say with this talent, as i predicted they could 8-8

Baby Lee
11-07-2004, 04:08 PM
You've gotta be kidding me. The defense just gave up 34 points to the Bucs, and people wanna hang this loss on Trent?
We don't have a defense. That is a given. Those mokes presently defiling the uniform on that side of the ball would get b!tch slapped by the pee-wee team playing half time. But TrINT can play when he wants to. Today, he decided to brain fart on two critical plays.

dirk digler
I saw no replays of him getting his arm hit. I saw him throw down the middle late when Gonzo had broken outside. And the first INT? The way he was running prior to the throw, the guy who INTed HAD TO BE right in his line of sight. The guy was retreating to the spot, right on the line of sight to the [already covered anyway'] receiver.

His arm did get hit they showed it on the replay. He was looking to the left and at the last second Derrick Brooks hit his arm which made the ball go right down the middle.

el borracho
Penalties, turnovers, crap defense and mediocre special teams: add them up and you get an ugly game with an "L" at the end.

Brock
His arm did get hit they showed it on the replay. He was looking to the left and at the last second Derrick Brooks hit his arm which made the ball go right down the middle.

This is true.

Sig Kauffman
11-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Trent Green laid an egg on the field today...but that's going to happen when you don't have a defense. And like someone just posted...it all lies with Carl Peterson one way or another.

FringeNC
11-07-2004, 04:12 PM
After the first few posessions, it was obvious this game was a track meet coin flip. We got unlucky like usual this year and lost. It's safe to say that there has been little improvement in the D. Games are exactly like last year, except we are unlucky this year, and don't pull out the close ones.

2002-2004 Chiefs: Exact same team..except maybe our O is a little better this year. We were fooled last year because of some lucky breaks and an easy schedule. We are about a 9-7 team, plus minus a few games because of the bounces.

2bikemike
11-07-2004, 04:16 PM
The Defense sucked ass. Kennison fumble. Trent ints. Larry Johnson needs diapers or at least depends. Offensive line at the end of the game. Piss poor playcalling all around.

I think that about sums it up from my point of view.

FAX
11-07-2004, 04:18 PM

After reading your posts, I find myself empathizing with your frustration, Mr. Baby Lee. The Chiefs should have won this game. Period.

But, the O put up a lot of points against the Bucks vaunted defense (the most - or second most, perhaps - scored against them so far this year, I believe.)

And, playing on the road in the NFL is tough business. Doesn't matter who you are or what your record is.

Turnovers cost plenty. Especially on the road and especially in the red zone 'cause drives and TOP are wasted.

Even though I had to listen to the I-stream, it sounded like two or three plays would have made the difference today.

LJ isn't Priest. Neither is anyone else.

Although I didn't see the game, I expect that what happend today is that our D let us down again. What do you expect when you don't build a D around at least one or two impact players? Also, our O had another chance to close the deal in the 4th and they didn't get it done - again.

I've seen this from the Chiefs since the '70s. It's really just the same ol' same ol'.

FAX

ROYC75
11-07-2004, 04:30 PM
Anybody blaiming Green is full of shit ! He threw 1 INT, a good play by the Buc's safety . The other was a product of a pass rush getting hit as he released it.

Blame Green, Blame Kennison,Blame the whole defense for letting Pittman bust 1 big play, crap blame the team and the coaches. But don't stop there, blame Carl right up to Lamar !