PDA

View Full Version : Warfield Still Toasty, Bartee Still Crispy, Battle Still Stupid

gblowfish
11-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Hate to say I told you so, but Chiefs secondary is god awful. Toasty Warfield had his old deer in the headlights look working today. Crispy Bartee was useless, "Mr Potential" Battle still can't cover without a drawing a holding or PI penalty. Today rendered beating Indianapolis a wasted effort.

Toasty, Crispy and Battle...in the toaster oven all of you!
Whew...I feel better now.

David.
11-07-2004, 04:21 PM
I was embarresed when Warfield got smacked and just stood there. That was sad.

Demonpenz
11-07-2004, 04:21 PM
the bartee smile stays

cdcox
11-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Don't leave out the safeties! Wesley took him self out of the play on the long TD run, and Woods never got in position to make a play. They blocked it perfectly (including a rookie WR taking out Mitchell) but it still should not have gone for more than 15.

DenverChief
11-07-2004, 04:24 PM
the bartee smile stays

:Bartee:

Spicy McHaggis
11-07-2004, 04:34 PM
I think Woods and Battle infuriate me the most. Battle because he can't figure out you can't touch a guy downfield! It's like he has amnesia and can remember nothing of what he has been taught. He should take a hint from Memento and tattoo it on his freakin arm or something. Woods because I see an overrated safety sucking up cap space that could have been used elsewhere.

FringeNC
11-07-2004, 04:42 PM
That's what happens when you bltiz and still can't get pressure on the QB. Not that the secondary is any good, but I think the line got manhandled today.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
11-07-2004, 04:45 PM
warfield at times looked like he didn't want to be out there.

Rain Man
11-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Yeah, we had no coverage at all, and I'm particularly disappointed in the safeties. Safeties need to be playmakers, and ours don't (last week's interception being the exception).

That said, we got no pressure at all today. I'd put more blame on the front seven than the back four.

BigRedChief
11-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Our secondary is the pits. Two of them got a "star" signing bonus this off season from King Carl. One looks as stupid as ever and the other looks old. Another King Carl mistake.

BigChiefFan
11-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Our secondary is the pits. Two of them got a "star" signing bonus this off season from King Carl. One looks as stupid as ever and the other looks old. Another King Carl mistake.
Not to jump on the bash Queen Carla crusade but re-signing Woods to the long-term deal he got was a mistake IMO. Carla clearly gave little thought to solving our defensive woes in the off season, but we all were sure to receive the ticket hike.

Glad to see Carla has his priorities straight. ROFL I've got to laugh to keep from losing it. Carla has worn out his welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2004, 11:56 PM
Woods is a piece of shit.

I don't know how you can be mad at Warfield after he gave up 43 yards to his receiver... I'd take that every day of the week.

Battle and Bartee suck though....of course even when they DID have good coverage Griese put the ball in there with amazing accuracy....

bricks
11-07-2004, 11:59 PM
Woods is a piece of shit.

I don't know how you can be mad at Warfield after he gave up 43 yards to his receiver... I'd take that every day of the week.

Battle and Bartee suck though....of course even when they DID have good coverage Griese put the ball in there with amazing accuracy....

Woods is definately a piece of shit. Agree with you on that one there. He got his a** turned inside out. Bench the man!

Hammock Parties
11-08-2004, 12:08 AM
Woods is definately a piece of shit. Agree with you on that one there. He got his a** turned inside out. Bench the man!

I'm all for it. Harts can play just as well if not better IMO.

BigRedChief
11-08-2004, 12:22 AM
And our secondary is playing soft. Getting pushed around and afraid to hit someone hard.

tommykat
11-08-2004, 01:04 AM
You ALL suck saying that againist Woods.......continue your thinking :rolleyes: and on that note I should go to bed...BUT

As most here want.....bench the whole D-Line........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
11-08-2004, 01:38 AM
You ALL suck saying that againist Woods.......continue your thinking :rolleyes: and on that note I should go to bed...BUT

As most here want.....bench the whole D-Line........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

TK just come out and say it...Woods is great and will continue to show us all, right? ROFL