PDA

View Full Version : Guns comments coming up next !

ROYC75
11-07-2004, 05:13 PM
Bet this one isn't pretty !

ROYC75
11-07-2004, 05:13 PM
On 101 Fox.

dirk digler
11-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Can you tell us what he is saying?

ROYC75
11-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Will in a bit, he's not on yet, coming soon.

ROYC75
11-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Here goes.....

He's disgusted, frustrated with the secondary , doesn't understand why, they practice it daily

dirk digler
11-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Thanks Royc!

ROYC75
11-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Pissed at the veterans, esp. the TE @ the LOS TD

ROYC75
11-07-2004, 05:21 PM
Talking about the whole D now, has never been this disgusted as a D cordinator

ROYC75
11-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Claiming we don't strip the ball like other teams....

Says he will get things resolved real quick.

Rain Man
Interesting that he said a lot of problems were with the veteran players making mental mistakes. We may see a lineup change or two at some point.

ROYC75
That's it, short and mad !

Deberg_1990
11-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Interesting that he said a lot of problems were with the veteran players making mental mistakes. We may see a lineup change or two at some point.

Good deal..problem is...Im afraid what we have on the bench is probably not much better.....sigh..

kansas hawk
11-07-2004, 05:25 PM
maybe they should work on tackling before striping. and not getting slaped by the wideouts :(

KcMizzou
11-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Interesting that he said a lot of problems were with the veteran players making mental mistakes. We may see a lineup change or two at some point.Maybe your boy Harts will start getting more playing time.

dirk digler
11-07-2004, 05:26 PM
As I said in another thread no veteran leadership.

bricks
11-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Claiming we don't strip the ball like other teams....

Says he will get things resolved real quick.

:) I love Gunther. But, it's safe to say these guys JUST stink. That's the bottomline. Carl, go out and get Gunther some talent! PLEEEEAAASSEEE!!

Sure-Oz
11-07-2004, 05:27 PM
I think Gun can be great for this D, but our talent absolutely blows. Julien Battle needs to be cut, he consistently blows plays and doesn't learn, i wonder wtf his GPA was in HS and College, someone had to be doing his hw for him.

FAX
11-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Gun doesn't have an impact player to build the D around. I'm quite certain he's been looking for one to emerge - either on the line or at LB. The 'pickens appear to be slim, however.

Poor Gun.

FAX

ROYC75
11-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Dawson seems to think that there will be 2 new starters at safety and a new statrter at nickel back.

Yep, Harts, Pile and Sapp.

bricks
11-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Gun doesn't have an impact player to build the D around. I'm quite certain he's been looking for one to emerge - either on the line or at LB. The 'pickens appear to be slim, however.

Poor Gun.

FAX

:shake: yup! I agree.

1adam1238
11-07-2004, 05:33 PM
maybe they should work on tackling before striping. and not getting slaped by the wideouts :(

This was really embarrasing.....getting slapped around by a wideout??? WTF, if ever there was a time for someone to bitch slap someone and take a penalty ....this would be the time.....WTF is going on.....This defense should be replaced by the KNOB NOSter panthers!!!!!

dirk digler
11-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Dawson seems to think that there will be 2 new starters at safety and a new statrter at nickel back.

I can't imagine them benching both Wesley and Woods but if that is what it takes then go for it.

FAX
11-07-2004, 05:34 PM
This was really embarrasing.....getting slapped around by a wideout??? WTF, if ever there was a time for someone to bitch slap someone and take a penalty ....this would be the time.....WTF is going on.....This defense should be replaced by the KNOB NOSter panthers!!!!!

What's all this about the "slap"? I was listening to the I-stream and could not hear the "slap".

FAX

Sure-Oz
11-07-2004, 05:35 PM
Woods should def be benched, he sucks so much balls. Barber should be benched if he is able to play, it sucks but these guys havent done sh1t!!

Raiderhater
11-07-2004, 05:36 PM

I'll say one postive thing about our boys today, Warfield and the WRs should be commended for controlling themselves and not letting those douche bags force them into a penalty by fighting back at all the head slapping.

I was disgusted to see the refs let that shit go.

Baby Lee
11-07-2004, 05:38 PM
What's all this about the "slap"? I was listening to the I-stream and could not hear the "slap".

FAX
Jurevicious [sp] caught a ball on the sidelines, and he and the corner stopped short of out of bounds and Jure started slapping him upside the head in an effort to get around him to the end zone.

Raiderhater
11-07-2004, 05:39 PM
I think Gun can be great for this D, but our talent absolutely blows. Julien Battle needs to be cut, he consistently blows plays and doesn't learn, i wonder wtf his GPA was in HS and College, someone had to be doing his hw for him.

We used to say the same things about Warfield. And even Bartee has shown some small signs of progress, and he has probably caught more flack than Warfield.

Battle is raw, I'm not calling for his head just yet.

CosmicPal
11-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Talking about the whole D now, has never been this disgusted as a D cordinator

Well, that was evident in the first half when they had the camera on him in the booth for a few minutes. I don't know who he was talking to through the headset, but he was exposing one expletive after another. He obviously didn't like what was going on....

FAX
11-07-2004, 05:41 PM
Jurevicious [sp] caught a ball on the sidelines, and he and the corner stopped short of out of bounds and Jure started slapping him upside the head in an effort to get around him to the end zone.

Many, TYs, Mr. Baby Lee.

FAX

6 Iron
11-07-2004, 05:44 PM

I fear that it will be a Sportscenter highlight. You will probably get a chance to see it more times than you wish.

Rain Man
11-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Maybe your boy Harts will start getting more playing time.

I don't want to overpromise or anything, but Harts got almost two minutes of playing time today, and the Buccaneers were shut out during that whole time.

RealSNR
11-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Jurevicious [sp] caught a ball on the sidelines, and he and the corner stopped short of out of bounds and Jure started slapping him upside the head in an effort to get around him to the end zone.I see he is a changed man now that his son has died :shake:

MichaelH
11-07-2004, 07:08 PM

Or talent on the D either. Gunther is an awesome coach and has the ugly task of making chicken salad with chicken shit. I say bench Simms, Hicks, Holiday, Woods, Bartee and Battle. Who cares how bad next weeks game is. The second string can't do worse. It might get next season off in the right direction.

tommykat
11-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Or talent on the D either. Gunther is an awesome coach and has the ugly task of making chicken salad with chicken shit. I say bench Simms, Hicks, Holiday, Woods, Bartee and Battle. Who cares how bad next weeks game is. The second string can't do worse. It might get next season off in the right direction.

You and dirk digler need to get together...............all I can say? Just FOOOOOOOOOOO CHIT on you both! Good greif, rethink!!!

Calcountry
11-07-2004, 07:51 PM
I agree. Fug them if they don't play with hart. Bench em right in the middle of the next game if they don't put out.

cdcox
11-07-2004, 09:00 PM

BL is being very generous to Mr. Warfield with his description. Juri not only slapped Warfield up side the head once, but he reloaded and whacked him upside the noggin again, just in case anyone thought the first time was an accident. %(/

Rain Man
11-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Let the Shaunard Harts era begin. This is a very exciting time for me.

Mile High Mania
11-07-2004, 09:05 PM

So, it's not Gunther's fault ... it's the players? Somebody owes Grob an apology.

cdcox
11-07-2004, 09:07 PM
So, it's not Gunther's fault ... it's the players? Somebody owes Grob an apology.

Tell Grob I'm sorry we ever hired him. That way we would have known what lousy players we had on D much sooner.

Rain Man
11-07-2004, 09:07 PM
I pretty much think that Shaunard Harts can turn this whole thing around.

gblowfish
11-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Let the Shaunard Harts era begin. This is a very exciting time for me.
GROB can bite me. Excusing him for last year's playoff loss to the Colts would be like excusing Lin "ET Phone Home' Elliot for gacking 3 Field Goals in 1997. The OVEN with both of them!!!

BTW: I hope Gunther's not thinking about in Aaron Brooks the shower tonight... TMI TMI Gunther!!!

Mile High Mania
11-07-2004, 10:11 PM
I'm just saying ... it doesn't appear that much has changed on defense. Is there such an infatuation for Gunther, that it couldn't possibly be him? It's now the players and not the system?

Deberg_1990
11-07-2004, 10:13 PM
I just pray that Gunther is not made out to be some sort of scapegoat by Carl and DV in the offseason. The man doesnt deserve that.

TheNextStep
11-07-2004, 10:14 PM
I'm a guy who has felt for about 2 or 3 years now that Kansas City has had one of the best (if not the best) safety tandems in the league...and most of the talking heads and football fans that I've seen over that timeframe have seemed to agree with me.

And now you're talking about benching the both of them?

What the hell happened?

Deberg_1990
11-07-2004, 10:16 PM
I'm a guy who has felt for about 2 or 3 years now that Kansas City has had one of the best (if not the best) safety tandems in the league...and most of the talking heads and football fans that I've seen over that timeframe have seemed to agree with me.

And now you're talking about benching the both of them?

What the hell happened?

I dont believe they have ever played up to potential....especially Woods. Hes always been overrated.

Rain Man
11-07-2004, 10:17 PM
I think they're usually referring to Shaunard Harts.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2004, 10:33 PM
I dont believe they have ever played up to potential....especially Woods. Hes always been overrated.

You're nuts.

Woods is 18 months removed from a tibial fx that was damn near open on the field. Yes, he's lost his speed. But he was once a fierce hitter and deadly in run support. Also the guy spent the better part of 2 seasons wasted as the nickel CB.

NOW, he has to run support a shoddy DL, with inconsistent LB's. On top of that he has play over the top of one CB who is just plain awful and another who still has Joe VeryVicious' hand prints all over his skull, since he felt the need to let Joe J. ring his head like a recess bell.

Wesley... well.... I just don't know what to think about him anymore.

bringbackmarty
11-07-2004, 11:09 PM
The problem is the entire secondary, and these guys have to get their heads screwed on straight.
They believe that they suck. There were times when the whole defense looked great today, just the way they lined up you could tell they were gonna stop them on that particular play. Gunther needs to do a better job of recognizing his strengths and maximizing them. start Jared Allen as a tweener middle linebacker\end, and fire half our secondary and our defensive backs coach. Take the other half and make them tackle. do nothing but tackling drills. Fire the cheerleaders and the band and get some ****ing talent in the secondary. Trade tony or one of our running bax for sum talINT, on defense.

BigChiefFan
11-07-2004, 11:26 PM
The problem is the entire secondary, and these guys have to get their heads screwed on straight.
They believe that they suck. There were times when the whole defense looked great today, just the way they lined up you could tell they were gonna stop them on that particular play. Gunther needs to do a better job of recognizing his strengths and maximizing them. start Jared Allen as a tweener middle linebacker\end, and fire half our secondary and our defensive backs coach. Take the other half and make them tackle. do nothing but tackling drills. Fire the cheerleaders and the band and get some ****ing talent in the secondary. Trade tony or one of our running bax for sum talINT, on defense.
That's part of the problem, Carl chose to give Gunther ONE F'N coach and keep all the rest of the same dweebs that worked for GR. How cheap is that? Peter Guinta still having a job with the Chiefs is unfathomable.

DaWolf
11-08-2004, 01:04 AM
Plus look guys, with all the Gunther ass kissing here, people just don't want to look at two things: First, Gunther knows how to play defense one way and his isn't a system that he can adjust to fit guys who can't play it. Basically it was like Carl hiring a square peg for a round hole. Second, Gunther, while usually being adept at going into games with a good initial gameplan, often times gets his ass kicked when other teams adjust to what he is doing and he doesn't adjust back. Last week you saw Indy do it in the second half and Gunther admitted that the adjustment he made to counter it "wasn't good enough." This week you've got Woods talking about how Gruden ran stuff at them that they had no clue about. That goes back to the coaches getting the players prepared.

I don't believe in this Gunther ass kissing. Some of this is his fault too. Yeah the players suck. But he's a limited coach who knows one way of doing things, and he's the one who took the stance in the offseason of not watching film and just wanting to get in there and coach those players and make them forget about the past. Dude had so much clout with Carl going and begging him to come back that he could have said then that he'd only do it if he got better players. Instead he probably convinced Carl and convinced himself that he could take the same players and turn them into a good defense, and in the process become a hero in KC. If there's one thing I learned about Gunther while he was a head coach, it was that he had an ego almost as big as Carl's. That and Gruden always kicked his ass...

Demonpenz
11-08-2004, 01:16 AM
you can pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes

DenverChief
11-08-2004, 01:20 AM
so does anybody think the loss of Barber in the second quarter had anything to do with some of the defensive problems today?

Hammock Parties
11-08-2004, 01:59 AM
so does anybody think the loss of Barber in the second quarter had anything to do with some of the defensive problems today?

No. Most of the problems were downfield pass coverage.

After halftime we played better. The 80-yard run really screwed things up but Griese had like 80 yards passing total in the second half and completed less than half his passes.

Then the offense decided to choke.

J Diddy
11-08-2004, 02:38 AM
you can pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes

Ahhhhh.

So you've eaten at waffle hut too.

J Diddy
11-08-2004, 02:41 AM
Good deal..problem is...Im afraid what we have on the bench is probably not much better.....sigh..

I would take a hungry kid with no talent over a talented kid with no drive any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

the Talking Can
11-08-2004, 04:43 AM
you can shit on your pancakes and call it syrup

Bob Dole
11-08-2004, 06:56 AM
How about Harts? Does anybody have an opinion about Harts?

InChiefsHeaven
11-08-2004, 07:20 AM

Rain Man seems too... :)

BigRedChief
11-08-2004, 08:56 AM
The reason we have so few options is because on one person, King Carl.

alanm
11-08-2004, 11:19 AM

Yep, Harts, Pile and Sapp.I was thinking about this yesterday. Everyone constantly rips on the CB's and rightly so for the most part. But where in the hell do Woods and Wesley dissapear too at critical times? Where were they on the 78 yrd run? Where were they on the Dilger gimme TD? Hell where were they the whole f*cking game? Seems to me they are constantly out of postition and frozen by the bootleg, stretch play ect. ect. :banghead::cuss:

BigChiefFan
11-08-2004, 11:47 AM
I've liked what I've seen of Harts in limited playing time. He's an athletic player who still would go throw some growing pains, but we continually let Woods bigger contract dictate who plays. During the past off-season, although I do like Woods, I thought it was evident that we should spend the money elsewhere and Carl chose to re-sign Woods to a SIX year deal I believe. Woods seems like a cool Joe, but business is business and Woods HAD clearly lost a step, which was evident years ago. Harts would have been risky, but we need athletisism and Woods has been burnt continually for years now, so I thought using the money to pursue someone else would have been a wise move.

shaneo69
11-08-2004, 12:45 PM
I realize that nobody wants to see a player get injured. But realistically, that's the only way a young player under DV gets to play. Fujita was on the bench until Lew Bush got hurt (and then suspended). Kawika wouldn't have seen the field yet if Maz didn't get hurt. Jared Allen took advantage of Holliday's injury. Pile got a start this year when Wesley was out.

If Keyaron Fox gets to play while Barber's hurt, the injury may be a bessing in disguise. I was hoping to see Harts out there longer but Woods came right back in the game. If Priest's out, we'll finally get to see what LJ can do.

I don't see Woods and Wesley ever being benched by DV since they both just signed big contracts. Same way with Hicks. Only way Harts, Pile, or Wilkerson see the field IMO is if there's an injury.

NewChief
11-08-2004, 12:57 PM
I was thinking about this yesterday. Everyone constantly rips on the CB's and rightly so for the most part. But where in the hell do Woods and Wesley dissapear too at critical times? Where were they on the 78 yrd run? Where were they on the Dilger gimme TD? Hell where were they the whole f*cking game? Seems to me they are constantly out of postition and frozen by the bootleg, stretch play ect. ect. :banghead::cuss:

That's exactly what my father-in-law has been saying for the last three weeks. Our safeties are way, way, way overated. How the hell Woods made the PB last year is a mystery. People act like they're the strength of our secondary, but I can't remember the last time I saw either one of them make a decent play or INT.

shaneo69
11-08-2004, 01:06 PM
That's exactly what my father-in-law has been saying for the last three weeks. Our safeties are way, way, way overated. How the hell Woods made the PB last year is a mystery. People act like they're the strength of our secondary, but I can't remember the last time I saw either one of them make a decent play or INT.

I think the only reason Woods made it last year was because he returned two INT's for TD's. That seems like a LOOONNNGGG time ago, doesn't it?

ChiTown
11-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Plus look guys, with all the Gunther ass kissing here, people just don't want to look at two things: First, Gunther knows how to play defense one way and his isn't a system that he can adjust to fit guys who can't play it. Basically it was like Carl hiring a square peg for a round hole. Second, Gunther, while usually being adept at going into games with a good initial gameplan, often times gets his ass kicked when other teams adjust to what he is doing and he doesn't adjust back. Last week you saw Indy do it in the second half and Gunther admitted that the adjustment he made to counter it "wasn't good enough." This week you've got Woods talking about how Gruden ran stuff at them that they had no clue about. That goes back to the coaches getting the players prepared.

I don't believe in this Gunther ass kissing. Some of this is his fault too. Yeah the players suck. But he's a limited coach who knows one way of doing things, and he's the one who took the stance in the offseason of not watching film and just wanting to get in there and coach those players and make them forget about the past. Dude had so much clout with Carl going and begging him to come back that he could have said then that he'd only do it if he got better players. Instead he probably convinced Carl and convinced himself that he could take the same players and turn them into a good defense, and in the process become a hero in KC. If there's one thing I learned about Gunther while he was a head coach, it was that he had an ego almost as big as Carl's. That and Gruden always kicked his ass...

Yep. Gun's hiring was problematic from the get go. Sure, we were bound to be more aggressive than last year, but we don't have the horses to run his D, IMO.

The Managament team at 1 Arrowhead Dr. made the critical mistake of keeping the entire 2003-04 D intact, thinking that the only missing link was a good DC. Major, major mistake.

You can put a dress on a pig, but it's still a pig...............a pig that can't stop an offense that had been averaging 15.5 ppg :cuss:

NewChief
11-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Yep. Gun's hiring was problematic from the get go. Sure, we were bound to be more aggressive than last year, but we don't have the horses to run his D, IMO.

The Managament team at 1 Arrowhead Dr. made the critical mistake of keeping the entire 2003-04 D intact, thinking that the only missing link was a good DC. Major, major mistake.

You can put a dress on a pig, but it's still a pig...............a pig that can't stop an offense that had been averaging 15.5 ppg :cuss:

Meanwhile, GRob is cackling happily.

:banghead:

shaneo69
11-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Meanwhile, GRob is cackling happily.

:banghead:

Yeah, that jerk's offense bailed him out Sat. after his D gave up 35 first half points.

BigRedChief
11-08-2004, 01:23 PM

109 points all year. They put 34 points on us and left 4 more points on the field with a missed extra point and field goal.

InChiefsHeaven
11-09-2004, 06:40 AM
A good assesment of the team by Gretz:
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2004/11/08/an_outcome_they_could_not_afford/

Dave Lane
11-09-2004, 08:40 AM

Sadly these three look to be the best we have at the spots. And we are only wasting what 67 million in payroll on our safties? No wonder thay don't play any more.

Dave

Sad to say safety was the least of my D concerns at the start of the season

Hammock Parties
11-09-2004, 08:41 AM
No way he benches two veteran safeties. Maybe Woods.

TEX
11-09-2004, 09:54 AM

One more reason why I'm so "glad" the CHIEFS re-signed the whole '03 _efense again.... :shake: