PDA

View Full Version : How did Mitchel and Caver look?

Frankie
11-07-2004, 07:41 PM
I was too busy watching the entire game. Mostly watched when the 'O' was in and listened when the 'D' was. I'd love nothing better than have Mitchel and/or Caver become reliable LBs. How did they look? Opinionated replies made of less than 10 words will be blown off. ;)

Frankie
11-07-2004, 08:12 PM
Any defensive gurus watch the game? :shrug:

Mr. Laz
11-07-2004, 08:35 PM
they looked weak... like the rest of the defense

Caver is probably the one who left the TE trent dilger completely uncovered at the 5 yard line for the easy Touchdown pass.

to be fair, i think caver is primarily just a special teams guy.... and he looked the part. He tried... but it was pretty clear that he was basically lost and was just playing wild.

Mitchell ... what can i say, he plays middle linebacker like Donnell Bennet played tailback.

big,strong and dumb as a stump

too bad we cant put Beisel or Maz's brain into Mitchell's body :(

Deberg_1990
11-07-2004, 08:37 PM
too bad we cant put Beisel or Maz's brain into Mitchell's body :(

I 2nd that notion! can we also put Hasty's brain in Julian Battles body? Since according to Vermeil, hes the most gifted CB the Chiefs have??

shaneo69
11-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Mitchell did some good things but then offset that by over-running the play on Pittman's 80 yard TD run. He needed to make that tackle but didn't even get a hand on the guy.

Caver made a couple tackles but looked as bad as Barber on a misdirection play that our team always gets fooled on. Why the hell wasn't Key Fox inserted into Barber's position? Caver is a career special-teamer.

Other than Jared Allen and the DT's, it looks to me like the whole defense needs to be replaced.

Hicks and Woods have not reverted to the stellar play that they displayed in the previous Gunther era.

Wesley is okay I guess, but other than the INT last week that Manning threw in desperation time, GW doesn't make big plays. He reminds me of Doug Terry.

Fujita has gone backwards in this system. He doesn't tackle and he doesn't cover. He shows some pass rush ability, but he isn't allowed to blitz that much.

Warfield is so inconsistent, he makes you want to tear your hair out. Battle and Bartee are not even mediocre NFL CB's.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2004, 10:10 PM
Mitchell did some good things but then offset that by over-running the play on Pittman's 80 yard TD run. He needed to make that tackle but didn't even get a hand on the guy.

Caver made a couple tackles but looked as bad as Barber on a misdirection play that our team always gets fooled on. Why the hell wasn't Key Fox inserted into Barber's position? Caver is a career special-teamer.

Other than Jared Allen and the DT's, it looks to me like the whole defense needs to be replaced.

Hicks and Woods have not reverted to the stellar play that they displayed in the previous Gunther era.

Wesley is okay I guess, but other than the INT last week that Manning threw in desperation time, GW doesn't make big plays. He reminds me of Doug Terry.

Fujita has gone backwards in this system. He doesn't tackle and he doesn't cover. He shows some pass rush ability, but he isn't allowed to blitz that much.

Warfield is so inconsistent, he makes you want to tear your hair out. Battle and Bartee are not even mediocre NFL CB's.

Couldnt have said it better myself.....Looks to me like this whole D needs to be replaced. We'd have better luck going out on the street and grabbing 11 guys than winning with these turkeys.

Rain Man
11-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Caver hustled like all get-out, but wasn't always in position.

Mitchell made some hard hits, but wasn't always in position.